Dear Nate {Dear #1}

By danamayfield

Alison Collins is in a coma and now Nate has her journal. Nate never expected for Alison's brother to give hi... More

Dear Nate
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 13-

13K 525 59
By danamayfield

Hey guys! Thank you so much for the support so far on this story. It's amazing and humbling.

Since i will be doing Camp NaNoWriMo this July I hope i can keep updates frequent. I will like to finish this story before going back to college so i hope to have an update every 7-10 days. Just letting you guys know.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

-DANA

___________________________

NOT EDITED

___________________________

“Nate,” my coach calls from his office as I walk by after changing from practice. I stop instantly and walk to his office. I lean into the room. “Can I talk with you for a moment?”

            I nod, “Yeah, sure.”

            Coach nods and says, “Close the door also.”

            I do as he says before taking a seat. “Am I in trouble?”

            Coach chuckles, “Quite the opposite actually.” I watch as Coach searches through a pile of papers before, apparently, finding the one he wants. He examines the paper to probably make sure it’s the right on before handing it to me. As he’s in the process of handing me the paper, Coach says, “The coach from the university you will be attending sent me this letter to give to you.” As I scan the content of the letter Coach says, “They want you to play for the baseball team. Congratulations Nate.”

            I look at the letter in awe. Coach isn’t lying. The college wants me to play for them. I can’t believe it. “T-Thank you Coach.”

            He smiles. “Now you can leave. I’m proud of you.”

            I stare at the letter in my hands as I exit Coach’s office. A slap on my back takes my attention away from the letter to see who slapped me. Of course it is Scott.

            “Hey, what did coach have to say to you?” he asks, peering over to the letter in my hands.

            “Oh,” I say, looking back to the letter. “He told me the college I’m going to wants me to play for them.”

            Scott smiles and throws his arm around my neck. “That’s what I’m talking about!” He pats my chest once before continuing. “We need to celebrate. Friday, after our last game, you’re coming by my place. I’m throwing a party and I want you there.”

            “I don’t know,” I say hesitantly.

            “Don’t worry. Serena won’t be there.”

            “I’m not worry about her. I could care less about her.”

            Scott’s eyebrows come together in confusion. “Then what’s the problem?”

            I shrug, “My mom might want to spend the time with me. She’s been really antsy lately so I think she has something up her sleeve after our game Friday.”

            Scott gives me an uneasy glare. “Alright. But we will celebrate!”

            I chuckle, “Knowing you, you’ll come up with something.”

            We throw our baseball stuff in the backseat of my car before getting in. I made sure to roll done the windows so we don’t suffocate from the stench.

            “Can you believe senior year is over in less than three weeks?” Scotts asks.

            My grip on the steering wheel tightens. “No.”

            “Eliza is excited about prom next weekend. Who are you going with?”

            I shrug, “I don’t know. I might not even go.”

            Scott’s head abruptly turns my way. “Nate! You have to go to prom. It’s what every senior looks forward to.”

            I turn to glare at him. “Every teenage girl,” I snap.

            “We’re going to go to a cabin afterwards. You have to come.”

            “Why?” I snap once again. “The girl I want to bring is in a coma. So why would I go alone and be miserable?”

            Scott sighs and looks away from me. “You’re being overdramatic.”

            Thankfully that is the moment I pull up to his house. My hands clench the steering wheel, my anger at its boiling point. Scott doesn’t understand how I feel and it pisses me off.

            “Just get out,” I say sternly.

            Scotts hesitates. “I don’t want to get in a fight Nate. I just think Alison is running your life at this point.”

            “You don’t understand how I’m feeling Scott,” I say, turning to him. “Don’t pretend like you do. Alison is not controlling my life. If I don’t want to go to prom, the world is not going to end. You’ll go with Eliza and enjoy yourself. It’s not a big deal if I go or not.” Before Scott can say anything else I say, “I’m don’t talking about this. See you tomorrow.”

            Scott gets the hint. He nods and gets out. He grabs his things out of the backseat before going into this house.

            I drop my baseball equipment on the floor by the front door and walk to the couch where I collapse.

            “Are you okay honey?” Mom asks as she walks from the kitchen, no doubt preparing dinner.

            I sigh before rolling onto my back. “I just want this school year over with.”

            “Did something happen?” she asks, sitting on the edge of the couch beside me.

            “Scott brought up prom,” I mumble. “And it got me upset.”

            Mom brushes some hair off my forehead. “Because Alison can’t go?”

            I nod, “Yeah and that I wouldn’t want to bring anyone else or go alone. Scott says they’re renting a cabin for after prom, but if everyone has dates, I’ll be the odd one out. I’d rather not go.” I start playing with the bottom of my shirt before continuing. “And Scott said how Alison is running my life, which I don’t think is true. Do you?”

            “I don’t think so. If you truly think you’ll have a bad time at prom then it is your decision not to go. I just don’t want you to regret it.”

            “Can I tell you something?”

            Mom nods, “Anything.”

            I sit up straight, going into an Indian Style position. “I was thinking when Alison wakes up, which is hopefully soon; I’ll have our own prom. Just Alison and me.”

            Mom smiles and says, “When did you become the romantic type?”

            I feel the heat rise to my cheeks. “Mom,” I whine, causing her to laugh.  

            She leans forward and kisses my forehead. “I think that is so sweet of you Nate. I’m proud to be raising a gentleman.” She got to her feet and starts to walk to the kitchen. “Dinner is ready in five. Can you set the table please?”

            I get up as well and go to the table. I place two eating mats down before putting the plate on top of them. I finish setting the table and sit at the counter to watch my mom finish cooking.

            “Oh, I forgot to tell you, but the college wants me to play for them in the spring,” I say.

            Mom twirls around, her mouth agape in shock. “Oh my gosh! Nate!” She rounds the counter and hugs me tightly. “I’m so happy for you!”

            I chuckle. “Thanks Mom.”

            She has tears in her eyes when she pulls back from the hug. “I’m so proud of you,” she says, cupping my cheek. “I can’t wait to see your father’s reaction. He’ll be ecstatic.”

            “Just three weeks until he’s home,” I say. “I can’t believe it. He’s finally coming home.” The realization hit me suddenly—my dad is actually coming home. Tears spring up in my eyes.

            Mom hugs me again, rubbing my back in the process. “Everything is falling into place,” she mumbles.

            I can’t help but feel the same way. Everything is finally starting to fall into place.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 90 18
*completed* Kinda the whole losers fan fic: (Reddie, Benverly and characters of my own 😉) In Derry, everyone has a soulmate, and having a soulmate c...
33.6K 654 28
Sophie knew first hand what it felt like not being able to fit in. She lived with it for most of her life; since her parents died, and she skipped gr...
17.8K 486 57
I don't really care what Nate has done. He will always be Kol Mikaelson in my eyes. Please keep your Nate Hate out of the comments on this book. Sta...
38K 1K 17
Ana is visiting her sister for the first time in Derry. She quickly meets Pennywise the Dancing Clown, and the reason for his obsession with her is a...