𝙰𝚍𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝�...

By Author-Chan09

Not all adventures are within their land Not all moments can be seen through screens . . . . . . . . Let the... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Q and A (1)
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 8

53 1 0
By Author-Chan09

*Narrator's POV*

Lancelot knocked on the study's door and they heard a faint 'come in' on the other side and both of them went in. Their father was just finished arranging some papers when the two of them walked in towards the dim lit office.

"You wanted to talk to us father?" Guinevere asked while King Leonin nod his head and told Lancelot to close the door and lock it so that no one shall interrupt them as to which Lancelot obeyed his father and locked the door. The Baroque siblings took a seat across from where their father was as there was uncomfortable silence until their father speak up

"How have you two been the past years?" He began while both Guinevere and Lancelot stayed quiet as they heard him sighed and stood up. Now he was in front of them both. Lancelot and Guinevere were avoiding eye contact but they looked up at what their father said to them.

"I'm sorry." King Leonin sincerely said immediately catching the attention of both Lancelot and Guinevere as they now made eye contact with him, both clearly shocked because of what he said.

"What?" Guinevere slowly asked, her tone was still unsure if she heard their father right. They both know how their father won't apologize unless it was seen by the naked eye but for him to apologize out of the blue was not new to the Baroque siblings. King Leonin then sighed and apologized again, and this time he was kneeling to both of them which left both Lancelot and Guinevere, leaving them speechless.

"My son, my daughter. Forgive me for what I have done and all those things I have did to both of you ever since you two were small. I wasn't thinking clearly and didn't saw the most important thing all these years ago. I only saw success, power and wealth. I wanted to be best and can live up to their expectations and standards without thinking the path ahead were indeed bumpy and cold. For all those years, I wanted to turn time and pull myself back, not knowing what the future holds. I only ask your forgiveness, as a person and as your father. I should have guided both of you in a way that fathers would guide their children. And for that, I am truly sorry." He sincerely said while he didn't notice that his tears was already streaking down his own face.

On instinct, both Lancelot and Guinevere hugged their father and King Leonin hugged his own children back, their emotions both colliding through their hugs as both Lancelot and Guinevere felt the warmth and the serious regrets that their father has over the years that they were gone.

"Father, all me and Guinevere ever wanted was to make you happy. We both want to put the past behind us and wanted to reconcile with you. We're sorry for what we did and we now see that we have done you and mother wrong." Lancelot said while they stayed in their hugged position on the ground. They then let go of one another as Guinevere was twiddling her fingers then speak up.

"Father. What I did before you and the royal court- declining the fixed marriage and embarrassing you in front of-" Guinevere started while they both heard their father chuckle.

"Oh my little blossom, what you did that day didn't offend me. Yes it angered me that you decline the marriage proposal. You and your brother did the one thing that I never have done when I was your age back then." He admitted to them while his children looked at him questionably.

"And what was that father?" Guinevere asked curiously.

"I never got to question the ways on which both of my parents had poured upon me. I never rebelled against him, like how you and Lancelot did to me. You both opened my eye and made me reflect back, and for that I am truly grateful." Sir Baroque said while the three of them shared another hug.

Meanwhile, outside of the study room, the heroes and heroines were very worried about the Baroque siblings and wish to see or even hear what on earth is happening in there.

"No banging. No yelling or shouting. No Guinevere raising a voice. What in all abyss is happening up there?!" Dyrroth asked while Odette was pacing around 'cause she was more worried for the both of them and feared that their father would say something horrible to Lancelot and Granger was mentally praying that Guinevere didn't tremble when she faced her father or what they all feared: that their father would strip them both off their titles as a heroine and as a hero of the Land of Dawn and would stay here for the rest of their lives.

"That's it, I'm going up there." Odette suddenly said but was stopped by Lancelot and Guinevere's mother.

"Settle down, my dear. If all of us haven't heard a single thing, then their father's head is calmed at the moment and they're having a civil conversation. But when it's being noisy and whatnot- then that's the cue that their father is not pleased with their answer." Queen Genevieve explained while Odette took a seat between where Kadita and Aurora was.

All of a sudden, they heard the door open from upstairs and all of them were shock as both Lancelot and Guinevere were smiling and their arms are in linked with their father who looks strict which scared them all the most. When the three of them returned to where the heroes and heroines as well as their mother were, King Leonin secretly send a gesture to Queen Genevieve, telling her that all went well and she secretly sighed in relief while the heroes and heroines stood up and bowed as a show of respect.

"My son, Lancelot, as well as my daughter, Guinevere." Sir Baroque began.

'Here it is.' The heroes and heroines thought as they braced themselves for the news.

"Will be staying with you in the Land of Dawn." He stated, having a small smile plastered on his face, while they all cheered hearing the good news and the Baroque siblings were smiling widely when they saw the reactions of their friends on the news.

"But there is a condition, heroes and heroines of Dawn." He said which made them all freeze the excitement and save it for later.

"What is your request sir?" Fanny asked while they all didn't notice that Lancelot and Guinevere's father had a playful smirk plastered on his face.

"I want to know the one who caught both of my children's hearts." He said while Granger and Odette froze as all fingers pointed to them both which actually shocked Guinevere.

"How did you-?!" Granger suddenly said while the heroes pointed their fingers at him which shocked most of the heroines as well.

"We saw you and Gwen few nights ago. Plus, the garden stunt you pulled a while back." Alucard said while smirking as Granger glanced at King Leonin then immediately looked down blushing while Odette looked away blushing as well.

"So you two are the ones who caught the hearts of my children?" He said firmly while both of them slowly nod their heads as the heroines and heroes back away a little bit.

"Tell me." He blankly stated while Odette shot her head up and looked him in the eyes and spoke first.

"Your majesty, I love and will always love your son until the day I disappear from the earth. He helped me change and I helped him change. I would do anything just for him to be happy, even lay out my life for him." Odette confidently said while her friends were cheering for her silently in the background while King Leonin then nod his head then turned his attention to Granger next as the death chanter marksman looked at him serious in the eye and lowered his clothing, revealing his lower face towards him which he rarely do unless this was a serious matter. Granger didn't know where this newfound confidence came from, but one thing was clear in both his head and in his heart, and he'll confess it now towards the father of the girl he has his eyes set upon.

"Sir, the moment that me and Miss Baroque have been matched up in teams, I felt safe and secured and the will of me protecting her nd helping her in any way that I can leaves my heart skipping a beat. Your majesty, I love your daughter very much. I am willing to kill a thousand demons, just to prove myself worthy of her hand. Because Miss baroque deserves so much more than what I can offer." He said, confessing his love fully to all of the people in the room, with his fellow heroes secretly supporting him and Guinevere was just shocked but yet she felt so much joy in her heart that Granger confessed so proudly and all of that she felt that he sincerely said every word of it.

Both of the Baroque siblings were touched by what Odette and Granger just said in front of their parents as well as confessing their love in front of their friends. King Leonin then stared at them then unlinked his arms with his children and then offered a hand towards both Odette and Granger which they looked at him questionably.

"Well? It'd be rude to keep one's father waiting if you want my approval." He said, while he smiled at them while both their faces were shocked as they shook hands with Lancelot and Guinevere's father, with him agreeing that they can be with his children.

Odette went to Lancelot while kissing his lover on the lips for a bit while Granger went towards Guinevere and both hugged and Granger kissed Guinevere on the cheek as Guinevere blushed and kissed Granger on the cheek back.

"What you two did, was truly unforgettable." Guinevere said while she was leaning over Granger while he kissed her forehead softly. Lancelot agreed and did the same with Odette as Odette smiled and has her arms around Lancelot's stomach. Suddenly they got interrupting coughs and some cleared their throats.

"Alright love birds, cut the snuggle-fest will you?" Irithel teased making both Guinevere and Odette let go of Lancelot and Granger while blushing and all of them shared a hearty laugh.

"By the way, Odette." King Leonin said while Odette replied towards him.

"We've actually met way before, my dear. Don't you remember?" King Leonin asked while Odette looked at him questionably.

"I'm sorry your majesty, I don't seem to remember." She admittedly said while King Leonin and Queen Genevieve looked at each other with worry in their eyes as the heroes and heroines then looked at them curiously.

"Father, mother, is there something wrong?" Guinevere asked while King Leonin then offered them all to follow them both, which the heroes and heroines did, leading them all towards the general meeting room that the Baroque family had. While the heroes and heroines were entering the large room, Queen Genevieve secretly instructed to one of the maids, that was secretly an assassin in disguise, to make sure that the whole castle is guarded as she nod her head and soon, she entered last and closed the door as well as locking it.

"Father, why did you lead all of us in the meeting room?" Guinevere asked while they all saw that both Guinevere and Lancelot's parents were closing the windows and untying the curtains and the once opened windows was now shut, leaving the room's only source of light was the lamps surrounding it as well as the light on the desk that King Leonin has.

"We are just making sure that we heard Odette right. My dear, have no memory of us coming over? Even for your 10th birthday?" Queen Genevieve asked while Odette thought about it then immediately remembered her 10th birthday so she merely gave a short nod as Queen Genevieve sighed out of relief.

"If we may, your majesties, may we ask as to why ask Odette about her 10th birthday?" Alice asked while King Leonin sat across from them.

"I think it's time they learned about them, Genevieve." He simply stated which cause the heroes to be curious, intrigued and looks at them more questionable as Queen Genevieve nod her head.

"Learn about what?" Miya asked while Queen Genevieve sat beside King Leonin.

"The royal court, the war that lasted for a thousand years which happened before the great demon war before and The Book of the Shadowed Legends." Queen Genevieve said while the heroes and heroines were all curios but internally mind blown as there was no record of a book like that or a war that happened before the great demon war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

421 17 16
Mobile legends bang bang story of an event happens in land of dawn.
28.8K 1.2K 31
My contribution to Marichat May 2020, with a new prompt everyday in May. None of the plots are interconnected, they're all seperate storylines. Enjoy!
73.8K 3.9K 18
No description Please read the story This is my first time, so please forgive my mistakes. I do not own the characters and the pictures used in the s...