Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... More

Prologue
Part One
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Part Three
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

5

1.9K 46 3
By xlaurynwritesx

"Really? There is no one you find attractive?" Caroline asked as we sat together eating at the grill.

"Okay that's a completely different topic. Yes there are very many cute guys that I like to look at but no I don't want to date any of them." I answered with a laugh.

Honestly Caroline was super fun to hang out with. She bought everything I needed for the decade dance that was coming up with no problems whatsoever. She was also all about boys. We had that in common, of course, but she was more into the emotional side of things.

"Why not? Don't you want a relationship? I mean I'm sure there are plenty of guys who'd be all over you." She asked with general curiosity.

"I don't know I just don't know what I'd do. I'd rather mess around a few times and move on, you know?" I asked as she nodded. "And if we are gonna talk love lives-" I started not even finishing because she already knew.

"Look I don't know. I was thinking I could invite him to the decade dance. I mean we spent all this time on costumes and I figured he'd want to." She shrugged lightly.

"Yes Caroline you should." I said supportively.

"So now you like relationships?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I like watching other people in relationships, like I said, it's not my thing." I smiled lightly.

"Well I'm going to go get some rest. I have a lot of planning to do tomorrow. I wish you were on the committee to help." She pouted slightly.

"Yeah committees aren't really my thing." I crossed my arms lightly. Like I said before, Caroline was preppy and I was not. Committees were for preppy people. Sitting in the back and not giving a shit was for people like me.

"We'll meet me at my house at 5:30 tomorrow and we will get ready. Don't be late!" She warned as I put my hands up.

"I wouldn't dare, especially because you have my costume." I replied before laughing lightly. She walked out and I started to finish my drink.

"I thought she'd never leave." I heard as I looked up to see the guy with the icy blue eyes. The one from the other day and the one in my dream.

"Who even are you? Why are you here?" I asked looking at him with my arms crossed.

"Most people start with a hi first." He smirked at me.

"Maybe I would if you didn't show up virtually out of nowhere giving sass about anything you can find in the moment." I replied with a slight bit of disgust.

"That does sound an awful lot like me doesn't it?" He asked looking up with a slight shrug. I rolled my eyes and looked back at him.

"What do you want?" I asked looking at him blinking slowly.

"I wanted to know what made you decide to hang out with Caroline. Trying to get close to Elenas friends for personal gain?" He asked with determination as I furrowed my brows.

"Ok first of all it's none of the business what I do with my life and second of all why do you care?" I asked crossing my arms. Last time I checked Elena had a boyfriend and it wasn't this guy.

"I'm just a curious person." He shrugged lightly. "Plus there is the slight chance that you're my little brothers girl."

Now I got it. I remembered Elena's boyfriend was Stefan, only because Caroline kept talking about all the drama they had in their relationship. He was just saying that because he wanted me to know. She also talked about how she was with Stefan's older brother-

"You're Damon." I narrowed my eyes.

"So you've heard of me?" He asked with a smirk.

"Only bad things, but from what I can see it looks like that's all people get from you." I leaned my head on my hand.

"So my reputation precedes me." He looked down and back up. "Well-"

"Emmaline." I heard my dad say as he walked over with a smile. He didn't usually call me that when he wasn't mad. "I saw you from over there. I was thinking we should head home." He said as he looked to Damon and then back to me. "We shouldn't be out too late." He said his eyes piercing through my skin.

It took me a moment to realize what he meant. I looked to Damon then back to dad. I took a deep breath to calm myself. "You're right." I nodded lightly. "Let's go." I stood up looking to my dad as I put my purse over my shoulder.

Damon waved and I just turned around like I normally would. My dad and I only had a few code words. The 'we shouldn't be out late' was the scariest one. That meant that a vampire was near.

We got outside and into the car and I was shaking lightly. "Are you sure?" I asked looking at him worried.

"Positive." He replied as I sat in the passenger side.

"I've seen him during the day. He was fine." I replied looking to him.

"Emmie. He was the one that killed your mom." He said as my heart sank. "I saw him and before I could stop him he disappeared with her but before he did I saw his face and that was him."

"Oh my god." I said nervously.

"Why were you talking to him?" He asked me curiously.

"He's been showing up around lately and he just starts talking to me. I thought he was just trying to mess with the new kid, but now I-" I sighed. I didn't know what to think. "Does that mean his brother is too?" I asked worried.

"I don't know but it could be possible. The decade dance is tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out and you make sure to stay safe. With your friend at all times okay?" He asked as I nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah okay. I'm gonna go to Carolines after school tomorrow okay?" I replied before we got home. I went to my room and packed some weapons. Hell if I was just going to be okay with being there. The only hard part was sneaking it onto my costume.

I woke up the next morning and I got ready. I had a tank top on and I wore a jacket. I tied the stake around my belt. I walked out and saw my dad. I smiled to him lightly as I poured some coffee.

"Good morning." He said as he came over to me.

"Good morning." I sighed lightly before taking a sip of my cup. He pulled my jacket open and saw the stake. He pulled it out and looked at it.

"Really?" He asked with a sigh as he put it on the counter.

"I just want to be safe." I tried to cover up my true intentions.

"Emmaline, you'll be safe if you just listen. I know you want to kill him." He argued.

"How did you even know?" I asked looking at the stake.

"Your mother would've done it. She was just as tenacious." He responded as I rolled my eyes lightly. "Now calm down and let me take care of it and try to have fun." He said in a more serious tone.

"Yeah have fun when there are vampires running around." I smiled sarcastically. "Let's just get to school."

He dropped the subject and we walked out. It was probably better that way because he knew I would've fought back.

I got to school and was walking in when I saw Elena. She immediately stood up and looked at me. "Hey, haven't seen you in a while." I sighed lightly before smiling. Dad kept walking in as Elena clearly wanted to talk alone with me.

"We have to talk." She crossed her arms worried.

"Clearly." I replied confused. "Why?"

"Well yesterday I found out I was adopted." She sighed looking away and back to me. I raised my eyebrows.

"So we could be related?" I asked surprised. She nodded lightly but looked away as if something else was on her mind. "What?" I asked noticing her worry.

"Nothing." She shook her head lightly as she tapped her foot lightly. "It's just a lot to take in."

"There's something else." I said looking to her foot almost in shock. I did the same thing when I was nervous. "Isn't there?" I looked back up to her.

"No." She shook her head lightly and her foot stopped tapping.

"Okay well then I'll be going inside." I grabbed my book bag strap lightly. "I'll see you tonight. Let me know if you find out anything else." I smiled lightly to her. Whatever she was keeping from me I assumed she had good reason. It probably wasn't even my business anyway.

The day went by pretty quickly. Thankfully Caroline was too wrapped up with Matt to ask me to help. I was grateful and hopeful of their blossoming relationship.

"Ready to go?" Caroline asked as I met up with her. She seemed a little distraught.

"Yeah. We are going to look so cute tonight." I smiled eagerly as we walked. I didn't go to a lot of school dances, especially the ones you could dress up at. "Everyone will stare in awe." I dramatically added.

"You're right." She smiled lightly as we walked towards Bonnie. "Oh, I forgot to mention that Bonnie was getting ready with us. Is that okay?" She asked as we stopped in front of said girl.

"Yeah." I nodded. I was over it. I honestly had bigger things to worry about then some stupid fake possession or whatever it was.

I smiled lightly to Bonnie who smiled back. "Well then lets go get our fifties on." She said as she opened the door.

We all got in and got to Carolines house. She had everything ready for us. Caroline did our makeup while Bonnie did nails and I did the hair.

"How do I look?" I asked as I walked out of the bathroom with my whole outfit on. I wore my hair in a frizzed up ponytail with a white bow on top as well as a pearl choker like necklace and a purple wrap around strap dress with white ruffles. I added a white belt around my waist and wore black and white greaser shoes. I refused to wear heels when I knew I'd be dancing. I also wore cat eye glasses with gems. It was by far the weirdest thing I'd ever worn and I was a flamingo for Halloween as a child. 

After everything was said and done we headed to the dance. Caroline had to be there early for last minute set ups. Bonnie and I stood back and let her do her thing.

"Caroline said you were weirded out by the other night at Elenas." She blurted as I looked to her. "I just wanted to apologize for everything. It was a weird night for me too."

"What exactly was all that?" I asked curiously.

"You know I'm not really sure I just kind of had a moment I guess." She responded as she shrugged lightly.

"Okay." I nodded confused. That didn't seem like a legitimate answer, but I didn't really care at this point. I went to the bathroom to make sure everything was in place. I decided to go to my dads classroom after.

If he was there I'd say hello and tell him I was here, if he wasn't (which I seriously was hoping for) I'd grab one of his stakes and hide it under my very large ruffled dress.

I walked to the back and headed to the classroom. I got inside and he wasn't there. I went to his close and opened it. I quickly grabbed one of the thinner stakes and put it in front of my dress between my chest. I pushed it down so you couldn't see it from the top. It was the safest and easiest place to put it at this point. Dad wouldn't search there. I quickly left just in case dad was heading back and I headed to the front.

I was going to be alert for this entire experience. I was also going to try and have some fun. I was dressed up in the dorkiest outfit so I had to own it. It was time to make this dance my bitch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

366K 10.5K 39
π˜Ώπ™€π™‡π™„π˜Ύπ˜Όπ™π™€ π˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώ π™π™π˜Όπ™‚π™„π™‡π™€ | ❝Ιͺ'ᴍ ɒᴇᴛᴛΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴀʀɒᴇᴛᴇᴅ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴜsᴇᴅ α΄€s ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€α΄€Ι’α΄‡ ᴊᴜsα΄› Κ™α΄‡α΄„α΄€α΄œsᴇ Ιͺ'ᴍ Κœα΄œα΄α΄€Ι΄ α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ιͺ α΄„α΄€Ι΄ α΄…Ιͺᴇ.❞ Paris A...
429K 8.1K 41
[ʙᴏᴏᴋ 𝟷] [ᴇᴅΙͺα΄›ΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄˜Κ€α΄Ι’Κ€α΄‡ss; α΄„α΄€Ι΄ sα΄›Ιͺʟʟ ʀᴇᴀᴅ] Fourteen year old Emma is the youngest of the Gilbert Family who was sent to live with their Uncle J...
Maddison By Evie

Fanfiction

113K 2.6K 78
Maddison has lived with her family in Mystic Falls for 16 years with her older sister, Elena Gilbert and younger brother, Jeremy Gilbert. They all we...
95.3K 1.4K 191
Welcome to Mystic Falls, Virginia, a town steeped in rich history and tradition, which is quaint as long as it doesn't point to a tragic and sordid p...