Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... More

Prologue
Part One
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Part Three
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

4

1.9K 49 0
By xlaurynwritesx

I hadn't really talked to any of the girls since that night. It was mostly just talking to Tyler and math class and a casual hey from Matt at the grill. I honestly just thought he wanted to talk to me because I reminded him of Elena.

So I was basically back to square one.

I was getting ready for the day when I saw a paper I put on my desk. Career day was coming up. I walked out to the kitchen to my dad as he handed me some coffee.

"Career day is in an hour." I said showing him the paper.

"I'm chaperoning." He nodded as I put cream in the coffee and then took a sip. "Are any of your friends parents coming?" He asked as I put my cup down and looked at him.

"What friends, dad?" I asked with a sigh. I brushed my hair through my dark brown hip length hair.

"I thought you talked to Elena?" He asked.

"Well let's just say I had a really bad first impression." I responded with a sigh. "Her friends are kind of crazy."

"Aren't all teenage girls?" He asked with a smile.

"Haha." I said as I bawled up the paper and threw it at him.

"Well then maybe you should find some new friends then. I don't want you to not like it here." He explained to me with a small smile.

"As soon as I find someone worthwhile I'll let you know." I sighed as I looked down at my phone. "We should get going." He nodded and we walked out.

We got to the school where a whole bunch of people had things set up in the gym.

I saw Tyler looking at some art and I walked over. He was the closest thing I had to a friend.

"Hey." I smiled lightly to him as I looked at the book. There were black and white drawings that were really cool.

"Hey. What's up?" Tyler asked with a smile. He seemed really happy I was talking to him.

"Nothing. You are the only one I know other then my dad who I'd rather not stick with all night." I responded. It was way cooler then saying my dad was making me make some new friends.

I flipped through and saw Tyler's name on a paper. "Wait- you did this?" I asked almost surprised as I turned to him.

"Yeah. It's nothing." He shrugged lightly.

"I found it." I smiled wide.

"Found what?" He asked his eyebrows furrowed.

"The brooding girl-crazy jock's weakness." I smiled.

He chuckled lightly. "It's not a weakness just a hobby." He replied as I nodded.

"Still it's cool and you are insecure about it which makes it a sensitive subject." I nodded as he flipped through them. I was blunt, what could I say? "I draw a little too." I added.

"What do you want?" Tyler asked as I turned to my side to see him looking at a boy with brown hair.

"Nothing just surprised to see you here. Art usually implies culture and culture implies, well, not you." He said as I raised my eyebrows looking to him. What did Tyler do?

"Go to hell." Tyler said before walking away.

"Look at the signature asshole." I sassed the boy as he looked to the paper and back to me. I shook my head as I walked to another table. Her  was a douche.

I looked at the table before heading my name. "Hey." I saw Caroline smile to me.

I heard her and Matt were talking lately but it wasn't my business. As long as he moved on from Elena I was happy. "Hi." I smiled lightly before looking back at the table.

"Look I just wanted you to know that whatever witchy voodoo Bonnie was doing, I'm not part of it." She explained as I nodded. "You just seem like a cool person maybe even cooler than Elena even though you two look alike." She said as I smiled. "Anyway, I need some normal girl time in my life and you definitely look like you could use a friend so- here I am." She smiled brightly.

I sighed. "Well you are right on the friend thing." I nodded. "And I'm glad you knew I was Emma." I smiled.

"Well I found a few differences between you two." She said as I looked at her intrigued. "You walk with more of a 'no one is the boss of me' type attitude and also you have longer and darker hair and definitely the cheeks and nose." She said as I chuckled lightly. 

"I guess so." I sighed with a smile. "Well what do your parents do?" I asked her curiously.

"My mom's the sheriff, my dad isn't important." She said as I nodded. I understood completely. "And you?"

"My dad's a teacher, my mom isn't here." I replied.

"Well I was looking around at journalism, do you want to join me?" She asked with a shrug. I nodded and she smiled widely.

I was glad to maybe have a friend. I mean Caroline was a lot different from me. She was a lot more peppy and put there but I needed a friend so I wasn't going to pass the opportunity. Besides I believed her when she told me she wasn't a part of whatever weird witchy stuff Bonnie was into.

We looked around for a while bonding and such. It was pretty cool. She talked about herself a lot but she was still interested in what I liked which I appreciated.

"So Bonnie is gonna pick me up and take me home, did you wanna come with?" She asked before realizing. "Unless you are still weirded out. Are you?"

"Yeah I am." I nodded lightly. "Sorry." I sighed.

"I get it, don't worry. And let me know if you ever want to go shopping or anything. I'm part of a founding family so we have a lot to spend." She smiled as I nodded with a small smile. "And I know Bonnie is a lot to get used to, but we've been through a lot, we all have. It just takes some time to warm up to the crazy." She explained as if it was normal.

"Bye." I waved as she started walking away.

I went inside and looked for my dad. I saw him talking to a ginger woman who was smiling. "Hey." I said walking over and looking to him.

"Hey, made any friends?" He asked as I smiled.

"I'm happy to say that I have made one friend." I nodded lightly as he chuckled.

"Uh, what?" The woman asked confused.

"Oh this is my daughter Emmaline. Emmaline this is Jenna." He smiled.

I smiled to the woman and waved. "It's nice to meet you. You do look a lot like Elena." The woman nodded lightly. "I'm Elenas aunt Jenna." She smiled to me. "For a second I was really confused. From the back you look so similar."

"Yeah I've been getting that reaction a lot and call me Emma." I sighed lightly. "Anyway I just wanted to ask what your plans were for tonight?" I asked looking to my dad.

"Stay here maybe go to the Grill later." He said as I nodded.

"Okay well I'm gonna go soon." I responded.

"Text me when you-" He started as I interrupted.

"-leave and when you get home." I mocked him. "Yeah yeah I know." I smiled and he smiled back. "Love you." I said as I kissed his cheek before walking off. He told me earlier he had a lead on a vampire. Of course they had all been dead ends but we were careful. We had to be right?

"Be safe." He said as I nodded before continuing to walk. I got outside and I saw Caroline talking to some guy before getting in the car to leave. I saw Matt look to the car saddened. He noticed me looking and I waved lightly.

He walked over to me and I did the same. "Hey." He said as he sighed but smiled.

"Seems you are having some lady problems?" I said as I turned to the car leaving and back to him.

"Look I already told you-" he started as I looked at him confused. "-and you're not Elena. God I'm sorry." He apologized.

"No worries." It was dark out. I nodded. "I don't mean to intrude or anything but I've heard about you and Elena, but now is it you and Caroline?" I asked crossing my arms lightly.

"It's a long story that Id rather not talk about." He shook his head.

"I get it." I nodded. "Well I was heading home so I'll uh see you later." I sighed as I walked away. I felt like if I just looked like anyone but Elena my life would be so much different. I bet he didn't want to talk about it because I looked similar to her.

I just wanted to know why we looked alike but I had no idea where to start. Elena texted me saying her aunt didn't know anything a while ago and dad didn't have enough about mom to know anything. I was stuck as the new girl who looked like the old girl and it sucked.

I texted my dad when I got home and I kicked off my shoes. It was somewhat of an eventful night. I sat on the couch and looked at the tv.

I heard the door open and I walked over to see my dad with blood on his hands.

"Oh my god, what happened?" I asked as my heart raced.

"I'm fine. It's not my blood." He said as he went over to the sink.

"Then who's is it?" I asked as he washed his hands. "Dad? Who's blood?" I asked worried as he looked at me.

"Emmie, I found a vampire." He said as he shook lightly. "At first I wasn't sure but his eyes-" he shook his head. "-I hadn't read about them. Their eyes become blood shot and the veins underneath their eyes pop out." He explained as I thought about it.

"Why didn't you tell me? I could've helped." I questioned him noticing he obviously had some struggle.

"Because I didn't want you getting hurt." He responded as he washed his hands.

"I thought the reason I was learning was to fight them. If you keep me away I won't be able to fight them." I argued looking to him.

"Are you really going to get mad about this. Emmie it was a vampire. A blood sucking, super strong monster. I wasn't going to risk the first one being your last." He replied as I nodded. I didn't want to argue right now, I just wanted to make sure he was okay. "If you had the ring then maybe but I can't risk it."

"Fine." I sighed lightly. "But if I see another vampire I'll-"

"No, you won't. You'll stay safe where they can't hurt you. Understand?" He asked seriously.

"What's the fun in knowing when I can't fight?" I questioned.

"This isn't supposed to be fun Emmaline. This is supposed to be scary. I have to do this. I couldn't save your mom and I damn well will risk everything to make sure the same doesn't happen to you." He told me as I nodded.

"I know." I sighed. It still didn't change the fact that I was mad too. I wanted to be the one to avenge my mom, but I knew he would never let me. If he wasn't going to let me, I will do it on my own. I guess it just depended on who got there first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

367K 10.5K 39
π˜Ώπ™€π™‡π™„π˜Ύπ˜Όπ™π™€ π˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώ π™π™π˜Όπ™‚π™„π™‡π™€ | ❝Ιͺ'ᴍ ɒᴇᴛᴛΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴀʀɒᴇᴛᴇᴅ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴜsᴇᴅ α΄€s ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€α΄€Ι’α΄‡ ᴊᴜsα΄› Κ™α΄‡α΄„α΄€α΄œsᴇ Ιͺ'ᴍ Κœα΄œα΄α΄€Ι΄ α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ιͺ α΄„α΄€Ι΄ α΄…Ιͺᴇ.❞ Paris A...
94.6K 2.1K 90
Once it was read that "to lose, it meant that you had something" but what can you do after you lost everything that ever gave you meaning? Emma Gilb...
921K 24.1K 45
When Jennifer Fell gets the worst news of her life, she is faced with a decision. Can she stay in Mystic Falls and take over her father's position on...
19K 484 43
Emma has had one hell of a ride - from finding out who she truly was, becoming a vampire, and sadly, loosing her dad. Now she's decided to leave ever...