Silver Linings {A TVD Fanfic...

By xlaurynwritesx

Emmaline Flemming had an ordinary life. Well she thought it was ordinary, at least. Her mother died when she... More

Prologue
Part One
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
Part Two
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Part Three
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

3

2.2K 49 8
By xlaurynwritesx

I was riding home with dad when I got a text.

Hey it's Elena. I'm having a sleepover with Bonnie and my other friend Caroline if you wanted to come make some friends. :)

I smiled lightly at my phone. Who'd think I would wish for girl friends and they'd just show up? But more importantly who'd think I'd find a girl that looks like me? I sighed lightly and asked my dad for permission before texting her.

Yeah I can come. I'll pack a bag now. Where do you wanna meet?

I asked before she sent me an address. I got together some clothes and headed to the address which was only a few minute walk from my place. I didn't have a car so I was used to him driving me. I didn't really have or want a job and dad didn't mind driving me so it was fine.

He dropped me off and I saw Elena talking to a guy. She seemed worried. I walked up and the guy turned around. "Sorry for interrupting." I smiled lightly to the guy and looked back to Elena.

"I forgot to tell you about what happened with everything going on." Elena said with a sigh. She seemed extra stressed. "Emma just came to our school and we- well- look like we're related." She even sounded like me except her voice seemed a little higher than mine.

"Yeah I see that." He scrunched his eyebrows. "You said your name was Emma?" He asked confused.

"Yeah." I nodded lightly. "And you?"

"Stefan." He said as I shook his hand that he held out to me. He had orangish brown hair and blue eyes. He looked just as stressed as Elena. "Do you mind if I talk to Elena really quick?" He asked as I shook my head. I waved to the car and my dad left.

"Bonnie is inside." Elena said as I nodded and walked past her and into the house. I looked back to them before closing it and Stefan was still very confused.

"Uh, hello?" I asked as I walked in. I heard footsteps and saw Bonnie. "Hey I'm Emma we met earlier."

"Elena told me you were coming. It's nice to see you again." She smiled as I smiled back.

"I'm kind of surprised to already be making new friends so early into being here." I said with a smile as she led me to the living room.

"Yeah well I think it has to do with your resemblance to Elena." She answered as I nodded. So that's why they invited me. "That sounded a lot better in my head. What I meant to say is that we are happy to be friends with you and that it's pretty crazy that you two look so much alike." She restated as I nodded.

"So Elena said another girl was coming too. Um her name was Caroline I think." I said trying to remember.

"Yeah. Caroline Forbes. She should be here soon." Bonnie said as her smile faded.

"Did something happen?" I asked confused.

"We are in a little bit of a fight right now." She explained as I nodded.

"Well good friends fix problems right?" I asked reassuringly.

"I hope so." She nodded lightly. "What about you any friends back home?" She asked as Elena walked in.

"Well I really don't have a back home. I move around a lot with my dad." I explained to them as Elena sat down.

"What about you guys? Elena you said you had a brother, what about you Bonnie?" I asked looking to the girl.

"I didn't know my mom and I move back and forth from my dad's house and my grams house." She explained as I nodded.

"Looks like we both have some crazy family life." I nodded. "What about you Elena? Anything crazy. Maybe a weird aunt or something?" I asked with a smile. I really didn't like talking about family problems.

"Well my aunt raises me actually." She explained as I looked to her surprised.

"Nice." I nodded my head lightly. I remembered what she said about her parents and I didn't want to go into the topic any further.

"I brought food!" I heard from the door as I got up to see who it was. I assumed it was Caroline.

"I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Bonnie said to me before walking away. She really did like avoiding her problems.

I waited for Caroline to come in and when she saw me she of course flipped her shit. "Wow." She said shocked. "You two could totally be sisters." She said looking back and forth from us.

"So I heard you say there was food?" I asked looking to Elena nervously.

"Yeah it's right here." She said confused.

"Caroline you're being a bit overwhelming." Elena smiled to the blonde girl who had blue eyes.

"Sorry it's just shocking." She apologized as I smiled.

"It's okay, I understand." I nodded. "I'm Emma by the way." I said with a smile.

"I'm Caroline. Geez I hope I don't mix you two up from now on." Caroline said as she got the food out. "We'll have to find something different between you two."

After she said that the room went quiet when Bonnie came in. I felt extremely uncomfortable because I didn't know why they were upset. Elena gave Caroline a look and she sighed.

"I'm sorry. There I said it." Caroline said looking to Bonnie. "If you want the ugly ass necklace, keep it. It's yours." Caroline smiled to her. It was kind of bitchy but at least she was making the effort.

"Will you hate me if I told you I threw it away?" Bonnie asked as I let out a soft laugh.

"You threw it away? That's not even funny." Caroline looked to me as my smile faded into a poker face. Elena looked to me biting her lip lightly.

"Look I know it sounds crazy but it was giving me nightmares. I had to get rid of it." Bonnie shrugged.

"You could've just given it back to me." Caroline argued.

"What so you could give it to Damon?" Elena asked with a small smile.

"Who's Damon?" I asked looking to Elena then Caroline.

"Screw Damon. He's irrelevant and I'd rather be giving each other manicures. Anyone have there kit?" Caroline asked looking to them. I didn't realize that was a thing.

"I do. In my bag." Bonnie said as Caroline walked over to it.

"So have you met anyone else at school?" Elena asked looking to me.

"Um yeah two guys. Matt and Tyler." I said as I pulled out some of the food from the bag. I looked up to them and they looked at me and nodded.

"I recommend you stay away from Tyler." Elena said looking at me. "He's trouble." I was confused. Before I could say anything Caroline spoke up.

"Bonnie you are such a little liar." Caroline said with a scoff.

"What?" Bonnie asked confused.

"Caroline!" Elena said in a strict tone.

Caroline turned around with an ugly necklace in her hand. The gem was a Orange brown color and the rim was a iron-y type material.

"I don't know how that got there. I'm not lying I swear." Bonnie exclaimed as Caroline put the necklace on the counter.

"I watched her do it Caroline." Elena defended Bonnie.

"Well then explain it." Caroline said defensively looking at Bonnie. I was confused why she was so upset over a necklace.

"Emily." She worriedly said to Elena.

"Who's Emily?" Caroline asked before I did.

"The ghost." She explained looking to Elena. Ghosts? That's weird.

"So the ghost has a name now?" Caroline asked with an eye roll.

"We shouldn't talk about it. Not near Emma, we don't know her yet." Bonnie said looking at me. "No offense." She added.

"None taken. I get it." I sighed lightly. "But just so you know, I don't actually talk to anyone but my dad so you really have nothing to worry about." That sounded a lot less sad and rude in my head.

"Really?" Bonnie asked almost as if she felt bad.

"Yeah, really." I sighed lightly. "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom really quick." I said as I went to the bathroom which was upstairs. I mean was I dumb? I shouldn't have come here to a sleepover with three best friends. I was an outsider like usual, why did I think things would change. I stood in there for a while before walking back out.

I got down the stairs and saw them all sitting together in the living room.

"There is way too much drama in this room." Caroline said as I walked over. "Look who's back." She smiled lightly.

"Is everything, uh, okay?" I asked hoping not to push anyone's buttons.

"It will be soon. Now what do you guys want to do now?" Caroline asked with a smile as if nothing happened. I let out a soft chuckle. The three of them were all super different which is probably why they were friends. "Oh I know! Why don't we have a seance." She said as I looked at her confused.

"A what?" I asked.

"You know talk to ghosts." Caroline stood up as she wiggles her fingers as if she was mimicking one.

"I don't think that's a good idea." Bonnie said worried to Caroline.

"Come on I mean this Emily chick has some serious explaining to do." Caroline said as we went upstairs around some lit candles. I really doubted that it would work and I'm pretty sure Caroline had the same thoughts.

"So what are we supposed to do now?" I asked looking at Elena.

"I don't know." She sighed.

"Shh. Just be quiet. Close your eyes." Caroline instructed as we all held hands sitting cross cross on the floor with our eyes closed. "Bonnie call to her."

"Emily- you there?" Bonnie said as we all opened our eyes and looked to her.

"Really? 'Emily, you there?' That's all you got? Come on." Caroline said almost disappointed.

"Fine geez." Bonnie defended as we all closed our eyes again.

"Emily, I call on you. I know you have a message. I'm here to listen." Bonnie said as I opened my eyes to look at her and I looked to Elena and Caroline.

I looked to the candles and they grew bigger and I let go and backed away.

"Did that just-" Elena started.

"Yeah that just happened." Caroline interrupted as we looked to the candles.

"Yeah I don't want to do this. What if she's evil or something?" I asked looking to them as it got cold.

"It's just the air conditioning." Bonnie defended.

"This is crazy." I said looking to them. "I'm not the only one who thinks this is weird right?" I asked looking to them as the flames grew larger.

"It's definitely crazy." Bonnie replied with a nod.

"Ask her for a sign." Caroline told Bonnie who shook her head. "Come on just ask her. Emily if you are among us. Show us another sign." Caroline asked instead and my heart was racing.

"See? It's not working." Bonnie said as I took a deep breath.

We looked at the candles and all the sudden the window blew open. I scooted back and looked at it. "Nope! I can't. Im done." Bonnie said ripping the necklace off and throwing it on the ground. As soon as she did the candles blew out.

"Get the light. Please get the light!" Bonnie said worried as I saw Elena get up to turn it on. I looked back to the necklace.

"Where did it go?" I asked worried to Bonnie.

"It's gone." She responded as I looked down.

"This is too much for me." I said standing up. "Maybe I should just go."

"No it's okay. It's over." Bonnie shook her head. "We aren't doing it again."

"Do you guys normally do things like this?" I asked worried looking to them.

"No." Elena replied with a sigh. "Let's just find the necklace and call it a night."

"Sounds like a plan." I responded as I crossed my arms. Everyone started looking around.

I looked around her bedroom floor. Under the bed and dresser. "Hey Emma." Elena said as I got up and looked to her. "This must be a bad first impression. I'm really sorry about all this." She explained to me.

"Yeah I didn't really think ghosts were real but you know, I guess I do now." I chuckled slightly. Ghosts were new on the supernatural count which now consisted of only vampires and ghosts.

"Bonnie's just been a little worried lately and well we've all had better time points you know?" She asked as I nodded.

"I get it. I came at a bad time." I smiled lightly.

"Once you get to know us though I promise we aren't as off the charts as it seems." She chuckled lightly.

"I believe you. Let's just agree to never call ghosts again." I smiled.

"Yes for sure." She laughed lightly.

"Guys." Bonnie said as we went and saw Bonnie going into the bathroom to grab the necklace.

The door slammed shut and Bonnie started screaming for us to help her out. We tried opening the doors by nothing worked. The lights started flickering and we were all really worried.

All the sudden it stopped. Elena opened the door and Bonnie stood there with her hands over her face.

"Bonnie are you okay?" Elena asked looking at her.

"I'm fine." She said normally as she looked at us.

"I knew it. You were totally faking it." Caroline said angrily.

"Caroline-" Elena started.

"No. You scared the hell out of me." Caroline said angrily before walking away.

"Are you see you're okay? You sounded like you were being attacked or something?" I asked looking at her. Why would she fake something so serious?

"I'm fine. Everything fine." She said normally as she walked to Elenas room.

"Bonnie what are you doing?" Elena asked confused.

"I must go." She responded as she went to her bag.

"If she's leaving I'm leaving." Caroline said as she went to her bag.

"No you guys can't just leave." Elena said looking to them.

"Oh yes I can." Caroline argued as if she had something to prove. "I've had enough freaky fake witch stuff for one night."

"Thank you for having me. I'll take it from here." Bonnie said before walking downstairs.

"Where are you going?" Elena asked.

"Back to where it all began." Bonnie responded as she walked downstairs.

"Bonnie? Bonnie!" Elena said before she stopped. "Oh my god. Emily?" Elena asked as Bonnie turned to us. It was creepy as hell.

"I won't let him have it. It must be destroyed." Bonnie- Emily responded. She ran out the door and Elena ran down to open it but she couldn't.

"It's stuck." She said as she pulled on it. Caroline ran downstairs as well. I watched from up top. They pulled on it and it opened. A boy, I assumed it was Elenas brother, walked inside and past the two.

"I'm out of here." Caroline said as she ran out.

"I'm just gonna go too." I said looking to Elena as I grabbed my stuff.

"Emma- I'm really sorry about everything." Elena apologized.

"Whatever is going on, I hope you figure it out, but I don't want to be a part of it." I said seriously looking to her. I was involved in enough, but procession? That was a new high. "Thanks for trying to be my friend." I sighed before walking out and down the street.

I walked down to the apartment complex as quickly as I could. I got inside and dad wasn't there yet. I put on some music and got the punching bag out. Punching helped me relieve stress.

I heard the door rattle and dad walked in. I kept punching the bag though. I wasn't quite done with being angry that I was always led to the creepy bad shit of the universe.

"Ended badly?" He asked walking over.

"Yeah." I nodded throwing a punch as he smiled lightly looking down. "What have you been up to?" I asked as I stopped punching.

"I met this woman named Jenna." He explained as I nodded.

"Another girlfriend?" I asked curiously.

"Maybe." He nodded. He had started dating a few months after mom died. I didn't blame him. I was sort of surprised of how soon he started, but whenever he got into a new relationship I was happy for him. "You should get some sleep. I'll take down the bag for you."

"You too." I responded as I went over to him and kissed his cheek lightly. "Goodnight." I smiled.

"Goodnight." He replied as I did as requested. I started changing when I heard a clink at my window. I saw a crow. I wasn't sure if it was the same one or a different one.

"Perv." I said before closing the curtains and getting ready for bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 42 19
Ariana finally makes it back to Mystic Falls after a long trip in New Orleans, she discovers that her parents have been in an acident, casuing their...
45.3K 916 28
You've heard of Katherine Pierce and Elena Gilbert, but do you know the story of her twin sister Veronica Gilbert. Ronnie is clueless of the supernat...
39.1K 1K 22
Her ~ TVD Soulmate Book Note: Alaric is being played by Jensen Ackles and not Matt Davis -------- Ray William lives helping taking care of her littl...
18.9K 484 43
Emma has had one hell of a ride - from finding out who she truly was, becoming a vampire, and sadly, loosing her dad. Now she's decided to leave ever...