Religious Love

Galing kay breakhabibi

Layla Zenzoul finally has freedom. She just turned 18 and finished high school. Getting into the college of h... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 25

1.5K 42 25
Galing kay breakhabibi

25.

“Where’s the bathroom in this place? I have to pee.” Omar says looking in every room of the apartment.

 It’s six and we have only looked at is this one place so far, my father made sure to tell the relator to pick empty spaces close to our home. I didn’t object because as much as I didn’t want to be near my parents I wanted to be given as much freedom as possible.

 “Omar, you can’t pee in a home you don’t own.” My father says inspecting the kitchen and master bedroom. “Layla where are you?”

 “In here!” I call from the small walk in closet attached to the master. This was going to be a problem. I needed a bigger space to fit all my clothes. My father pokes his head in and sighs.

 “You can’t expect to find a decent place without compromising.” My father says referring to the size of the closet.

 “I will give up kitchen space then, I don’t even cook. I feel like I’m on an episode of House Hunters.”

 “Well you better learn, how do you plan on getting married if you don’t know how to cook?” My father says raising his black eyebrow. That’s all my parent’s ever worried about. How I was going to get married and to who? They were going to eat the poor guy alive with their expectations.

 “I will hire a chef to come.” Not wanting to think about learning how to cook.

 “You can’t have someone do things for you all the time you know, no man will marry a girl who can’t cook.”

 “Did mom know how to cook?” I say already knowing the answer.

 “Well no, but your mother and I had an arranged marriage so it’s not like I had a choice in the matter.

 “Really? I didn’t know it was arranged, so you guys didn’t even really love each other?” I ask interested in my parent’s love life.

 “Layla, it’s very easy to be a selfish person, but very hard to give up the things you do love.”

 “I don’t get it.”

 “Me and your mother hated each other when we first met, but after some time she grew on me. I don’t think I could live without her, she is my other half. Wow that sounds like a sick love novel. Sorry.” My father says patting me on the back.

 “Would you ever make me have an arranged marriage?” I ask hoping he would say no.

 “Depends, if I know what’s best for you then yes, I would.” He says his mouth formed in a straight line.

 “What if I fall in love with someone else daddy?” I whisper thinking of mine and Zane’s doomed relationship.

 “Like I said, we have to give up the things we love even if it feels like you will die without it. I wouldn’t take you away from something that would be good for you in the long run.” My father says taking two steps back reaching his hand out for the doorknob. “We should get going onto the next place, your brother probably already peed himself.” My father chuckles opening the door and walking out.

 I don’t move just yet taking in everything my father was telling me. I think about my secret relationship and only wish for the best. I want to be with Zane more than anyone else. If he could win my father over than there shouldn’t be a problem…well just one very big one. Our religion.

 I shut the light off in the closet and head out with the boys to our next destination.

 “So this apartment is a two bedroom, has two full baths, polished kitchen, family room, and study. I also think the young lady will enjoy the closet space as well. The only downfall is that it is about a twenty-minute drive from your father’s house. Ten minutes from the office building.” The relator says opening the door to a very impressive apartment. I already was sold just from the hearing about it.

 My father walks in and I see he is captivated as well. Hopefully the twenty-minute drive wont be too much a problem. I walk around heading straight for the master bedroom. Opening the door I see my own reflection. This is weird I thought. I see a full-length mirror on a wall plastered right in front of the door. I had to turn left to make it into the actual room. When I walk through, I see a huge space. This was going to be perfect. I head to the closet and feast my eyes upon shelves and shelves of empty storage space. It was split for a his and her side, but if you were living alone the space would be perfect for just one. I feel giddy inside and walk out heading to another door that lead to the bathroom. I open it up and see two huge sinks, a stand up shower, a jacuzzi on the other side, and a private area were the toilet was placed. Mama Mia!

 I hear my father’s footsteps walk in as well. “Wow.” He whistles at the large space.

 “Daddy, I love it. Can we take it?” I say mesmerized by it all. 

 “I like it too, I guess the drive won’t be that much of an issue. Also the hospital is only a block away. You can see it through the windows out front.” My father says opening the shower door and looking under the sink to the cabinets.

 “No way!” Omar says walking in with the relator right behind him. “I want to live here.”

 “There is an extra room I’m pretty sure.” I say looking back at the relator.

 “Oh yes, if you would like to see right this way.” The relator says shaking his head.

 We follow him out and I check the kitchen, which was big enough to fit at least six people at a time, the family room which had a balcony connected to it, the study was a small area to fit a small desk and chair for my studying. We walk into the other room across the hall from the master and see it to be decent as well.

 “This is mine!” Omar says walking in and inspecting everything the room had to offer. There was another bathroom that connected to the guest room and the outside as well for guests to use. I like that idea so people wouldn’t be asking me to use mine and have to walk in my personal space.

 “So what do you think?” The relator asks my father who is texted on his phone. Why would he be texting at a time like this? Wasn’t that rude, especially for a guy like my dad.

 “It’s perfect I just texted my wife about it. I wont be able to make a proper decision without her checking it out as well.” My father says sticking his phone in his suit jacket pocket.

 “Of course, just give me a call when you want to check it out again.” The relator says taking us out of the building and down the elevator. My father asks some more questions pertaining to the cost, the neighbors and what kind of neighborhood this was. Him and his safety precautions.

 We say goodbye to the relator and get in our separate cars. I roll my window waiting for my father to do the same. When he does, I ask what the plan was next.

 “Well, we need to visit Mr. Farley’s house so why don’t you have Omar give him a call to let him know we are on our way. It’s almost nine and I have his address already. Just follow me.”  My father says rolling his window back up and backing out of the parking spot. Little does he know that I already knew my way.

 “Hey, call Zane and tell him we are on our way.” I say backing out my own car.

 “Already on it.” Omar says putting his phone to his ear. “Hey dude! We are on our way is that fine? Yes, oh yeah she’s here. She’s driving. Okay, sounds good see you in a little.”  My brother says hanging up the phone and staring out the window.

 “What did he say?” I ask taking my eyes off the road for a little bit just to look at my brother.

 “What do you think dumb dumb?” Omar says rolling his eyes at me.

 “I don’t know I was just asking.” I say like it was no big deal when really it was a huge deal.

 “Well don’t.”

 “Omar don’t be rude, I don’t have to let you get your own room you know.”

 Omar looks at me wide eyed and a sheepish grin. “Hehe, sorry.”

 I smirk and know I got him. “That’s what I thought.”

 The drive takes only seven minutes and we are parked and ready to go up. Good for me, if I get the apartment then me and Zane would live close to each other.

 “Okay, dad please don’t ask him any personal and embarrassing questions. He is already scared of you as it is.” I say only thinking of the worst that was going to come.

 “I wont but I'm not going to be too easy on him either.” My father says as we enter the elevator. I push the ninth floor remembering that was the one Zane was on. My father looks at me and I shrug my shoulders.

 “He told me at work today, because he forgot to write it in the email.” I say looking away at my father whistling timidly. He doesn’t say anything and the ride is dreadful even Omar is pretty nervous.

 We get off and head down to his door that was easy to find, only one door down form the elevator itself. He was lucky on that one.

 I take a deep breath in and wait for my father to knock. When he does I let it out making it a sigh. Here we go.

 The door opens and a wet haired Zane steps back in a drenched tee and running shorts. He must have been working out due to his attire. My father smiles politely and shakes Zane’s hand.

 “Welcome, please make yourselves at home. I apologize for my appearance, I just go back from a run.” He says stepping aside to let us in. I am furiously twirling my fingers in anxiety and can’t get over the fact my father and brother were in my boyfriends home.

 “Thank you Mr. Farley, so if you don’t mind let’s get down to business.” My father says looking into the kitchen and heading into the living space. He notices a really big TV and comfy couch that me and him cuddled on not to long ago. The day is still fresh in my memory and I start to blush. “Wow, you sure are a gamer.” My father says looking at a whole rack of video games neatly put together.

 Omar races to it and searches through the games reading every title out loud. I just stand awkwardly to the side not wanting to make eye contact with Zane. This was only my second time in his house anyway. Zane walks over to the couch and stands quietly so my father can do his snooping. “Yes sir, I get bored often on the weekends.” He jokes lightly.

 My father chuckles in return and heads toward Zane’s bedroom. “May I?” He asks before opening it up. Zane nods his head in approval and follows my dad in. I walk closer just standing at the door with Omar right next to me. I notice that the poster of the Kardashian sisters is now off the wall and replaced with a collage of family pictures. “Nice looking family.” My father says eyeing each one closely.

 “Thank you J.” Zane says using the name my father asked him to use.

 “So let’s be realistic with one another, a very handsome young man like you must have a girlfriend, no?” My father asks his back to me and Omar. Zane looks my way really quick before looking at my father again.

 “Dad!” I say completely horrified and embarrassed at my father’s question.

 “Actually sir, I am single at the moment.” Zane says running his hands through his wet blond hair nervously.

 “Hey, but I thought you –“ Omar says but is cut off quickly by my hand. I shut him up and put a finder to my lips to tell his to not say a word. He catches on quickly and nods in understanding. I unclasp my hand and cross my arms over my chest.

 My father looks behind him and watches Omar who just shrugs his shoulders like he didn’t say anything.

 “So you are a player?” My father says turning his attention back on Zane.

 “No sir, I mean J, I am a long term relationship kinda guy. I just haven’t found the right girl yet.” Zane says leaving his hands down by his sides.

 “So no girlfriend and no sleeping around. I am impressed. I was right about you after all.” My father says checking out Zane’s clean made bed.

 "Not to be a suck up sir, but I am very serious about my love life. I was raised in a very modest household.” Zane says smiling politely.

 “That’s good to hear son. You know I have a feeling you are going places with your life young man. And I mean it, I don’t say that to a whole lot of people.” My father says sticking his hands in his black dress pants.

 Zane grins a toothy smile and nods his head. “Would you like to see the bathroom?” He offers stepping towards a closed door.

 “No that’s alright. I think we are done here. I like you boy, and I think Omar is safe to come here if that’s alright with you.” My father says walking out of the master room and heading back towards the front door.

 “Omar is welcomed here anytime.” Zane says following right behind. “Could I offer you anything to drink or eat?”

 “See notable hospitality, you would be a good older brother role model for my son. No thank you though we must be heading off it is getting late and I am your boss after all.” My father says shaking Zane’s hand firmly and patting him on the back. Relief washes over me, and I feel like there might just be a chance I will get lucky with this after all.

 “Thank you sir, I hope you enjoy the rest of your night.” Zane says to my father as he opens the door for him to walk out. “I will see you soon alright bud?”

 “You betchia! I can’t wait to come over all the time now!” Omar says giving Zane a pound.

 “Thank you.” I whisper quietly to him not wanting to say any more to raise suspicion.

 “You welcome.” He whispers back letting me walk by him but not before checking my backside out while my father wasn’t looking. I blush and turn around so he could only see my front side and walk backwards to the elevator. Zane’s body starts to rumble with laughter and he waits for us to get on the elevator before waving and shutting the door.

 I am relieved that today didn’t end up in misery and it went surprisingly well. I know my father likes Zane, now it was up to my mother who had to meet him. She was going to be the hard one to convince. Arab mothers…I should probably start digging my grave.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6.5K 397 13
كاتبة مبتدئة أول رواية لي واتمّنى ان تنّال إلى اعجابكم كُتِبت بقلم الكاتبة:جنى الفيصل✍🏻
73K 8.9K 30
Story of a surgeon Dr. Zulaid Afandi and a medical student Dr. Inara Ibrahim. Age gap Enemies to lovers Grumpy×sunshine Arranged marriage "What did...
2.3M 168K 79
"You are fired," he said, as my heart broke into tiny pieces. "No please sir, don't separate me from Imad. I beg of you," I pleaded in agony. What s...
12.5K 1K 27
Allah says in the Quran : ── "Women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity" - This is the story of a girl named f...