It's fate

By paarri

Tale of two sisters Priya and Khushi and their life journey set in Indian background. It follows the love st... More

It's Fate
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
Author Note

Chapter 3

14.1K 385 13
By paarri

Khushi's POV:

Apart from my di took my car key and license along with me being forbidden from going alone to places, this week has gone without any significant incidents.

However , I didn't see Rahul this whole week. Last time , he called me to inform me  that he has some urgent work in UK and he will tell me all the details after he comes back.

There is a guy who follows me everywhere I go in his imported bike . I didn't get to see his face as he always has his helmet on.

He's been following me for years. Some days , he won't be there. I didn't care much about his presence as it doesn't bother me for he always maintain to stay at a distance and never mind of disturbing me at all. So, I thought maybe di has arranged him to have an eye on me.

Also I still got one more day to be officially done with MBA. yes. Just one more day. final project evaluation will be done in coming week.

I got to say this to di. she will be very happy. so, I went straight to our office . ofcourse, no one stopped me. I went straight to my di's cabin. Her secretary Kiran told me to wait as di is at an meeting with marketing team. whatever it is, better get over soon.

Priya's POV:

After the meeting, I came inside my cabin and see Khushi yawning in couch.
" what madam? Feeling sleepy huh?" I asked playfully.

She rubbed her eyes and replied " no di, I did yoga."
" eh?"
" anyways I came to tell you this. My project is done and I am submitting it nextweek. After that , I want to work . please don't say no. " she pleaded which caught me off guard as she very well know that she has major stakes in this concern. She can easily overpower me.

I agreed as I don't want to disappoint her. But I know it's very much unlikely as Vikram will not agree. She hugged me . When I sat on the couch, she immediately lay on my lap.

I forgot to tell her about Rani's arrival from US. Rani went there right after her divorce with Vijay for her job. Though I insisted her to stay with us, she left without even informing me.

"Khushi"

"hmm"

"Rani is coming today."

with that she just stand up and walked towards the door not wanting to argue. I stopped her and said "I know you are still upset with Rani . but it's not her fault. she too was a victim . Also she has been staying away from everyone all these years. Think about your Meenamma and Karan uncle who are longing to see her though they didn't tell . Even Ajay and Rahul, They are hiding their feelings for us."

" di. please don't bring her back to our house. I beg of you." her voice trembling .

"Try to understand, Khushi.  I want to unite her with her family and bring her agony to an end."

" then what about us, di? we lost our dad. you lost your happiness. you were never the same di, I used to see while growing up. how could you just forgot and forgive everything? maybe you got a big heart but not me. I don't want her in our house or in our lives ever." She replied.

Now what she said made me angry. I don't want her to feel sad for me.

" whether you like it or not, she's coming and will be staying with us. so, be respectful towards her. when I am not angry or upset about her, I don't think it will be appropriate for you  to be angry. She's also a sister to you like me.." I said in warning tone.

Khushi cried and frustration written all over her face.

" ok fine.  I agree, not for her but for you . And she's not my sister."

With that she left the office closing the door angrily.  I must  say , she took her anger on me at the poor door. still a kid!

Rani's POV:

when I  entered Priya's house with Priya, Khushi is standing in the stairs. she didn't run to me as she usually do years back and I can completely understand why. I can see disappointment in her face more than anger .

on Priya's insistence, Khushi greeted me formally and left to her room.

Priya showed me ,my room and went to change . so,  I stood up and thought of having a word with Khushi. bad move I must say.

Inside Khushi's room,

god! I can't believe it's a room of a young girl. her room is fully painted in pink with cartoon characters, a big teddy bear which she is hugging now. then some photos and paintings hanging in wall.

There one photo caught my eye. it was taken during her 10th birthday with both me and Priya hugging her.

She still keeps it. Does it mean she still loves me. no, maybe she kept it for Priya.

I cleared my throat,

she turned to look at me . Then again shifted her gaze to play with her Phone. She pretended as if I am not here.

"hmm. I am sorry choti . I know you are upset with me. But please forgive me. "

no response . She's ignoring me. I went infront of her.
"choti, please don't be like this. let me explain to you." I was stopped abruptly by her.

" no need. Keep your explanation to yourself. Do whatever you want in this house. Just don't come anywhere near me. you are here  because of di. You're nothing but a stranger to me. so , leave. " her voice sounded harshly. Although her face is serious, her eyes showed hurt and pain.

" choti ,please don't make me cry. see, I bought this specially for you. your favourites Federer and Nadal's autographed racquet." my voice started to tremble .

" leave or I'll go from here." she said and stood up. I just looked at her with hurt . She's surely grown up into a beautiful young girl.
" choti, please. Atleast look at te gift. " I told her while keeping the racquet at her study table .
She took it and throw it out.

I looked at her while tears flows from my eyes.Whatever you say or do, I can never get angry with you, choti.

" what? it pains right. but it still hurts for me. I don't think there will be any friend like you in this whole world who turned their back on their own friend. how could you do this to my di? if you want to get married to that Vijay , why haven't you done it earlier rather than waiting till engagement day to embarrass my di and dad." She asked harshly.

I couldn't speak with tears coming down my cheeks.
"choti please. it's not what you think. " my voice now merely a whisper.

" that day, I lost my dad and my di because of you.She's walking dead. she's never been the same as before. thanks to you guys , she is broken to such an extent that she lost faith in people. even Meenamma is shattered.  do you even thought of her all these years? you are selfish  who cares about only you and your happiness. and now ,you want me to calm down" she yelled.
I tried to hug her but she pushed me away.

I am speechless with no words coming from my mouth. I felt someone coming behind me and hugging me tightly. 

Priya.

Khushi's POV:

 I didn't meant to harm her but it just happened. I don't know when di came though. She's looking angry which means I am in deep trouble. After comforting her , she came straight to me and gave me one tight slap. I can visualize red spots forming in my cheek already.

but much worse happened after ,

" apologize to her now" di shouted and stared at me. As I didn't move, " I won't repeat again. now " she said causing me to shudder.

 god! I had to give it up. I mean no one can stand my di's angry eyes.

" ss ssor sorry " I stammered and was about to go. but Rani di stopped me and she hugged me tightly. she is crying nonstop . I felt bad for hurting her instantly.

how much I missed her hugs, her pranks, her laughter!

Khushi, come to your senses. don't go soft now. this woman is the reason for what your di is now. but at the same time, I was scared my di . so, I didn't do anything.

Soon They left leaving me alone in my room.

well it's not first time nor its going to be last time, my di has slapped me. I think it might be 46 or 47 slaps,  I received over the years. I need to check the heart I draw on the sheet for the exact count.

Priya's POV:

" I just can't believe it. you slapped Khushi just like that. and seeing her reaction, I know it is not the first time. Priya , how come you become so cold hearted to hit your sister like that? Are you the same Priya who throwed a stone at the teacher for scolding Khushi? But she is the only one who is right " Rani said quickly.

" yes. it hurts me to do that too. but I can't help it. She will stop only when I do something like that. you know what, when I hit for the first time , she fainted and had fever for two days due to shock.I felt terrible . I feel  alive only when she got well. Your mom just hate me after that. Rahul and Ajay didn't talk with me until Khushi cornered them by saying she won't talk with them if they didn't talk with me. but still she loves me not hating me like I want."

" don't you think, it would have better if you let her know by sisterly talk. I mean I know Vijay's family bothering you. If you don't want any of that to happen, then  stop it rather than hurting her. " Rani said while glancing at me.

" then What about Vikram? He's crazy about her. my parent's last wish? even I found it hard to do this. but I can't deny when your mummyji  is hell bent on doing it . " while continuing,

"also don't worry. Khushi will be fine by tomorrow morning."

" ok then. I will talk with her and this time, you don't come in between us. and I am still angry with you for hitting her. how dare you slap my choti?" she said and turned her face away.

" Rani, I hit her for you . now you are angry at me. ok . fine. I am sorry ." I gave in.

After speaking for some more time , I went  to my room to get a nice sleep.

how can I even sleep when Khushi is sobbing in the next room?

how I wish I could be there with her comforting and hugging her. saying everything will be fine. but she need to be absolutely ready to leave me without any feelings as I won't be here for her after her wedding!

please Khushi, hate me, curse me and if possible ,despise me.

Don't love me. I don't deserve it.

Vikram's POV:

I didn't see Khushi not even once today. so, I climbed the tree and quietly jumped over her balcony. I could hear my love's heart beating steadily as I appeared right infront of her bed in seconds. The airsent cold wind flying in as she shivered and snuggled closer to her blanket. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I got closer to her. It was hard for me not hold her and caress her face. My angel.The more I got closer to her, I noticed her chest moving up and down, the small breathing she let out every second calmed me down.  

 I walked over to her sleeping body and leaned my head forward. I placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. I let my lips linger there for some seconds, feeling her skin against mine until I pulled away. She stirred in her sleep, her heartbeat beating rapidly . I caressed her right cheek gently as I realized that Priya might have slapped her again. 

I will make her pay for this and walked away from there. 

I just realized that I kissed her.

 A smile crept upon my face as I made my way towards my flat still feeling the warmth of her flesh against my cold lips. We will meet soon Khushi, and I intend to never let you go. 

******************

Picture on the media is Rani.

Don't forgot to Vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

941 114 22
It is a story of two sisters who can sacrifice anything for eachother. It is a story of two sisters whose relation is not accepted by society. People...
7.6K 422 17
Rhea had finally crossed the line and planned Prachi's murder, but her plan backfired as Prachi survived and Pragya whom she loved like her own mothe...
791K 41.7K 82
This book contains triggering things like stalking, I don't know what I was thing while writing this. And I was a stupid teenager. Sorry for that! P...
323K 23.5K 53
0. Summary. [Arranged Marriage Series-2] She is his second wife. Can she be his second love? Ramya Kaur is an outgoing and charming girl or that's wh...