The last guard : RWBY x male...

By GlenAldoAZE

After years of brutal conflict, the civil war in Vacuo is coming near it's end. Just days before the governme... More

BIO
The Girls
Part 1 : the last one
Part 2 : finally free
Part 3 : a new home
Part 4 : the first day
Part 5 : Life in Beacon
THE NEW GIRLS
Part 6 : blast from the past
Part 7 : strange days
The new girls (again)
Part 8 : a new enemy
A new girl (yet again)
Part 9 : secrets
Part 10 : the dance ?
Part 12 : a familiar sight
New girl (this is the last one) i think
Part 13 : an early victory
Part 14 : an enemy or not ? Pt.1
Another Girl (i swear she's the last one)
Part 15 : an enemy or not ? pt.2
Part 16 : an enemy or not ? pt.3
Part 17 : an enemy or not ? Pt.4
Part 18 : a chocolate and a rabbit
Part 19 : a joyful rose
Part 20 : hard as ice
Part 21 : a sad kitten
Part 22 : flaming yellow
Part 23 : a warrior or a hero ?
SOMETHING IMPORTANT
Part 24 : a not so calm before the storm
Part 25 : the fall pt.1
Part 26 : the fall pt.2
Part 27 : aftermath
Part 28 : a new beginning
Part 29 : mistral menace pt.1
Part 30 : mistral menace pt.2
Part 31 : the black bird
Part 32 : mother's rosario
Part 33 : an unexpected encounter
Part 34 : change of plans
Part 35 : the iron city
Part 36 : Homecoming
Something
We have a winner!!!
Part 37 : shady business pt.1
The new girl!!!
Part 38 : shady business pt.2
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Part 39 : the end or the beginning ?
Voting time!!!
The result!!!

Part 11 : first mission

12.9K 150 116
By GlenAldoAZE

(Y/N) : your name
" " : dialogues
' ' : thoughts

((Y/N)'s POV)

I stood inside the amphitheater along with my teammates after hearing Ozpin's speech.

Me : 'he's good i bet he could boost the morale of any army by the way he delivered that speech' i thought as saw my teammates looking at the mission selection screen.

Ruby : "here we go, quadrant 5 needs grimm cleared out"

Blake : "well, it's in the southeast"

Yang : "sounds perfect" she said before Ruby picked the mission but when she typed in team name, the screen said that the mission was unavailable for first year students.

Weiss : "wonderful!"

Blake : "any other ideas"

Ruby : "we mail ourselves there" she said before Ozpin suddenly walked towards us.

Ozpin : "well that's one option" he said as i saw Glynda waving at me signaling me to come to her. I then left my teammates talking to Ozpin.

Me : "is there something you need aunt Glynda ?"

Glynda : "(Y/N), Ozpin told me that he's going to let you and your team to accept a high level mission that aren't supposed to be available for first year students"

Me : "really ? Well that simplifies things"

Glynda : "be careful out there. I know you're not looking for grimms"

Me : "i will aunt Glynda" i said before walking away towards my teammates.

Ozpin : "miss Marie, you will not be accompanying them in this mission"

Marie : "what?! Why?!"

Ozpin : "there's someone i want you to meet and that's why you're staying here in Beacon"

Marie : "fine! If anything happens to (Y/N), i'm blaming you!" She said in a threatening tone while pointing her finger at Ozpin.

Me : "don't worry about me Marie"

Ozpin : "i trust you (Y/N) and remember, you will be accompanied by a huntsman for the mission. Stay close to him and do exactly what he says. (Y/N) was a soldier too, he has experience in this kind of thing and that's why you should listen to him too"

RWBY : "yes Professor"

Ozpin : "(Y/N), finish the mission quickly and get back here safely okay ?"

Me : "it will be done sir" i said as i accidentally saluted him due to the habits back in the army. My teammates just chuckled at what i did.

Ozpin : "good luck and (Y/N) ? Can i speak to you for a moment ?"

Me : "sure Professor" i said before me and Ozpin walked away from the others. Once we're  far enough, Ozpin finally spoke.

Ozpin : "(Y/N), I didn't want you going anywhere near the white fang but i decided to trust you and your abilities but remember, you're up against a strong and smart enemy" as he said that, i remembered what happened last night.

(Flashback to the dance)

((Y/N)'s POV)

After we all danced i felt tired and i decided to sit and rest for a while until Ozpin and Glynda came and sat next to me.

Ozpin : "are you enjoying the party (Y/N)?" He said while sipping something from his mug.

Me : "yes Professor, i've never experienced anything like this before"

Glynda : "i'm just glad that you're enjoying your time here in Beacon"

Me : "thanks aunt Glynda" i said before i felt a familiar presence near us.

Ironwood : "sorry for being late Ozpin"

Ozpin : "ahh, Ironwood. Welcome to the party"

Ironwood : "thanks, you look good and you too Glynda and i see you're doing good too (Y/N)" he said as he looked at me and he shot me a suspicious glare.

Me : "thank you General" i said before Ozpin came and talked with Ironwood. I stood there talking to Glynda until Ironwood suddenly left the ballroom and went outside. I felt that something is going on and i followed him and I caught up to him.

Ironwood : "what are you doing here ?"

Me : "the same reason as you"

Ironwood : "fine! If you backstab me, i'll kill you"

We then walked towards the Cross Continental Transmit System Tower to see that the guards were all knocked out. I then summoned my weapon locker and pulled out my sword and my secondary weapons and readied myself for combat. We entered the building and got up to the elevator to get to the Library but when the door opened, all we saw was Ruby along with some hacked computer screens.

(End of flashback)

((Y/N)'s POV)

Me : "i know Professor, i'll keep my eyes vigilant"

Ozpin : "good, learn everything you can about this new enemy"

Me : "yes sir"

(Time skip a few minutes)

Me and my teammates were walking towards the landing pad to meet the huntsman who will be accompanying us on the mission when we saw Professor Oobleck standing there. He then talked about us being three minutes late on schedule and he inhumanly sprinted towards the airship and i soon followed leaving behind my teammates. After my teammates talked to team JNPR and Sun and Neptune, they all got into the airship and we finally took off to our first mission.

Oobleck : "so (Y/N), as an Elite Guard, how much combat experience do you have fighting in Vacuo ?" my teammates were shocked to hear him suddenly asking that.

RWBY : "what?! How do you know that ?!"

Oobleck : "well, the headmaster informed me of mister (Y/N)'s past"

Me : "i've been fighting in the war for four years Professor"

Oobleck : "what was your last rank in the Vacuo army ?"

Me : "major" my teammates except for Ruby were shocked.

Ruby : "WOW (Y/N) YOU WERE A MAJOR?! THATS SO COOL!"

Weiss : "I didn't know you were a high ranking officer"

Blake : "if you're a major then why are you fighting on the frontlines ?"

Me : "i may be a major but i'm still a member of the Elite Guard Corps. We were the vanguard of most of the military operations and campaigns in the war"

Oobleck : "you've been through so much. I can respect that"

Me : "if i may ask ? Where are we going ? I haven't read the details of our mission yet"

Oobleck : "we're going to the place known as Vale's greatest failure"

Yang : "mountain Glenn, It was an expansion of Vale but the town were overrun by grimms and were fenced off from the rest of Vale"

Oobleck : "correct! Do you know why they failed to secure the town ?"

RWBY : "uhhh.... grimms ?"

Oobleck : "no! What did they do wrong that eventually led to the failure of the expansion ?"

Me : "they failed to make a sufficient supply line and that caused a logistic disaster. They can't receive ammunition and reinforcements can't come fast enough because of that"

Oobleck : "correct! And now it stands abandoned as a dark reminder"

Blake : "and a likely place for a hideout"

Oobleck : "precisely" he said before the airship descended and we all jumped off. I looked around the area to see a familiar view.

Me : 'a city in ruins. This reminds me of Vacuo'

Oobleck : "you're used to this kind of place aren't you (Y/N)?"

Me : "yes i am Professor"

Oobleck : "good! Then I have one less problem to worry about"

Me : "yes Professor" i said as he nodded.

Oobleck : "ladies! Listen to me! As of this moment, your first mission as huntresses has begun. From this point forward, you need to do exactly as i say. Do you understand" they stood silent until he called ruby and asked her why she took her backpack with her. In turns out, that Zwei, Ruby's dog who was 'mailed' to her by her father.

Oobleck : "we're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle teaming with death and hostility and you brought a dog ?" He said while looking a little irritated.

Me : 'that's actually not a bad idea' i thought before i heard the Professor yell.

Oobleck : "genius! Canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and high senses of sound making them excellent companions for hunts such as ours!" He said that so quickly I almost couldn't understand it.

Ruby : "i'm a genius" she said looking proud of herself while the others facepalmed themselves.

Blake : "so what are your orders doctor ?"

Oobleck : "ah yes, straight to the chase, i like it! As you've been informed, the southeastern area has been marked as a recent hotspot for grimm activity. Now there are a number of possible explanations for this behavior which being.. grimm" when he said 'grimm', i felt something.

Ruby : "u-uh what ?" She said looking confused.

Me : "there are creatures of grimm approximately 100 yards away from us"

Oobleck : "precisely, you have good senses
(Y/N)"

Me : "they trained me well sir"

Yang : "what!" She said as they all turned around to see a Beowolf. They soon readied their weapons.

Oobleck : "stop"

Blake : "huh ?"

Oobleck : "there are a number of reasons why grimms would congregate in this particular area. The most likely would be their attraction to negativity. Saddness, envy, loneliness all qualities that are likely held by our hidden group harboring ill intent"

Ruby : "so, what now ?"

Me : "we wait, if the Beowolf could lead us to it's pack, then it could lead us to our target"

Oobleck : "precisely"

Blake : "how long do we wait ?"

Oobleck : "it's uncertain, hours, days, weeks why lone grimm have been known to stand isolated from the pack for months-" i cut him off when i saw the pack.

Me : "i have visual on a pack of grimm sir"

Weiss : "what"

Oobleck : "and now they've seen us"

Weiss : "what!"

Oobleck : "AND NOW THEY'VE SEEN US!"

Me : 'this is not a very effective stealth tactic' I thought as the grimms turned towards us.

Ruby : "i take it tracking is out of the question ?"

Me : "that's accurate Ruby"

Yang : "what's the plan then" she said as the grimms charged at us and the girls looked at me and the professor.

Oobleck : "show me what you're capable of and (Y/N), you come with me"

Me : "yes sir" i said as they all readied their weapons again.

Ruby : "cover your ears Zwei" she said before the four of them started fighting the grimms while i was talking to Professor Oobleck.

Oobleck : "(Y/N), i want to hear about the war in Vacuo from you since most of the information on the news are biased"

Me : "of course sir, what would you like to know ?"

Oobleck : "i have many questions but they'll have to wait until later" he said as the girls finished off the last of the grimm.

Ruby : "piece of cake"

Oobleck : "do not celebrate yet, for i am certain that this is the first bout of many" he said before we continued our investigation. The girls kept fighting the grimms while Professor Oobleck just gathered samples with me helping him.

Oobleck : "oh well, moving on"

Yang : "hey doc you know i was actually looking forward to seeing a pro huntsman in action like fighting or at least helping us fight. And you (Y/N) you're a soldier, you should be fighting with us"

Me : 'insubordination, if an Elite Guard said that to their commander than they could get lashes or even executed' i thought as i was remembering my old days in the war.

(Time skip an hour)

The Professor has been questioning my teammates about the reasons why they fought as huntresses. After asking Yang, Weiss and Blake, we all stopped.

Oobleck : "that'll all be for today, it's going to be dark soon. you three set up camp in that building. Oh and please do make sure that there are no more of those creatures. Your leader and i are going to secure the perimeter. (Y/N), you're coming with us too" he said while  throwing a bag at Yang. We then walked away from them to the edge of the city and we could hear the sound of Goliaths.

Ruby : "whoa what is that ? It looks awesome"

Oobleck : "that my dear girl, is a grimm" he said while she just looked at it in amazement.

Ruby : "i've never seen anything like them before. What kind if grimm are they ?"

Me : "those are Goliaths Ruby"

Oobleck : "you sure know grimms well young man"

Ruby : "how do you know that ?"

Me : "we've used them multiple times in the past back in Vacuo"

Oobleck : "used them how"

Me : "we ride them"

Ruby : "WOOOW!!" She yelled earning a shush from me and the Professor.

Ruby : "sorry"

Oobleck : "i knew that the Elite Guards had the ability to tame grimm but I didn't know you could ride Goliaths"

Me : "it wasn't easy but it was worth it. These majestic creatures are excellent mounts to use against enemy armor"

Oobleck : "you never seize to amaze me"

(Time skip a few minutes)

After we secured the perimeter, we walked back towards the others. When we were walking i heard Ruby asking why the Professor became a hunter and the reason he fought.

Me : 'if only we had such a just cause back in the war' i thought as we walked towards the others. They were talking to each other looking rather anxious.

Oobleck : "nicely done, a textbook camp fire!"

Ruby : "ahhh... so warm"

Oobleck : "very good, eat your dinners and hurry to bed. We have a lot of ground to cover tomorow and we'll need you to take turns keeping watch over our temporary abode, any volunteers for first watch ?"

Ruby : "yo" she said while waving her hand up. Then Yang came over to us.

Yang : "did Oobleck asked you guys about why you guys became a huntsman and a huntress ? And what did you tell him ?"

Ruby : "no, no He didn't, weird"

Yang : "and you (Y/N)?"

Me : "hmm.."

(Flashback twenty minutes ago)

((Y/N)'s POV)

Oobleck : "mr (Y/N), can you tell me more about your 'experiences' in the war ? I'm really interested about that"

Me : "what do you want to know Professor ?"

Oobeck : "tell me about one of your battles. One that you remembered the most"

Ruby : "yeah, I wanna know too"

Me : "well, there's the battle of Odyssa"

Oobleck : "what made that battle special ?"

Me : "we were outnumbered by the enemy five to one and we ran out of ammunition"

Ruby : "what happened then ?"

Me : "the commander ordered us to charge into the enemy positon"

Oobleck : "hmmm... and you attacked ?"

Me : "yes, we all did"

Ruby : "nobody refused to ?"

Me : "someone did but that's when the commander said to us 'i'm not ordering you to attack, i'm ordering you to die. It's either victory or death for us' and after that, we all charged forward"

Ruby : "what happened after that ? Did you guys win ?"

Me : "yes, but we lost hundreds" i said as Ruby had a sad expression on her face.

Oobleck : "why did you follow such an order ? He literally ordered you all to die"

Me : "back then, the commander's orders are absolute. We were all taught that we live to fight for Vacuo and that's what we did"

Oobleck : "hmm... interesting" he said with his hand on his chin.

(End of flashback)

Me : "he asked me something like that"

Yang : "why do you want to be a huntsman anyway (Y/N)? Don't you want a peaceful life after you know, everything you went through" when she said that, Weiss and Blake walked over to us.

Me : "I don't think i will ever have a peaceful life, not after all i've done"

Blake : "don't say that"

Weiss : "we can help you"

Me : "I appreciate it but i want to fight. Back in Vacuo, i fought because i had to. We were like slaves back then. We didn't ask for a war but war was at out doorstep wether we like it or not" they all looked at me in sadness and embraced me in a hug. 'I'm starting to get used to these hugs'

Me : "every order they gave us back then were to kill but now i want to save" then suddenly i felt a presence behind us.

Oobleck : "that's an excellent reason to fight mr (Y/N), but please all of you go to sleep" he said before disappearing in a blink of an eye.

Me : "we should all get some rest. You all have been hugging me for five minutes already"

RWBY : "sure thing hehe" their cheeks were red.

Me : "goodnight"

RWBY : "goodnight (Y/N)" they all said before we all except for Ruby fell asleep.

END of part 11

I'm sorry that i haven't updated in quite a while but i'm glad that i can continue to write again. I'm going to focus more on (Y/N)'s relationships with each girls in later episodes.

Anyways i do not own RWBY and any of the pictures I used

Thank you and see you later

BYE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 584 38
Since I am bored and came up with certain ideas I decided to write this. I will write Canon X Reader, Canon X OC, Reader X OC, Canon X Canon, RWBY sh...
14.8K 345 12
(Remake of the Old Story) When a young Rose was abused for most of his life, ran away into the arms of Evil. Grown up to be a 'bad man' by society bu...
447K 5.1K 40
Y/N L/N was a student from Beacon who was bullied once his girlfriend starting abusing him and cheated on him he ran away from Beacon worrying his fr...
62.5K 1.1K 47
This is the story of a once-great king falling from power through war only to wake up at the age of 10, how does one man with a burning desire for ch...