Unleashed

Af PrettyRandom

Annabelle Aconite, the daughter of a Sheriff, always knew there was something off about her. From her strange... Mere

Prologue
Nightmares
First Day Of School
Pebbles
Requested
Douchebag
Bientôt
First Warning
Worried
Games (Long)
Unexplained
Rodeo Drive
Murdered
Trust (Long)
Gem
The Fall (Long)
My Brother the Jerk
Midnight
The Tracks (Long)
Movie Date (Long)
Morning of...
Seniors Party
"Wake Up!"
"Stay Away From Harry."
Silver Lining
Drawings
étincelles
Followed
Let's Go Camping!
Red
Marshmallows
Meet Me
Revealed
Aftermath
The BBQ
My Slice of Heaven
Monday....
Pictures..
Breathless (Long)
Lost (Part 1)
Lycanthropy (Part 2 of Lost)
Feu
Meanings
Legendary Lovers <3
Close to Home
Unexpected
Visitor
Elements
Tarot Cards
Girls in White
Invitation? (Long)
Guess Whose Over For Dinner (Part 1 Long)
Falling Star (Part 2 Long)
Recruiting
Go Big or Go Home
Halloween (Part 1 of 3)
0 to 100 Real Quick (Part 2 of 3)
Mystery Guy (Part 3 of 3)
Breakfast
Your Eyes
Something New
You asked I've answered :) (Author addition)
"I Knew"
Surprise!
Starlight
Chest Pains
Twister
Linda (Part 1 of 4)
Fireproof (Part 2 of 4)
Illusions (Part 3 of 4)
"Symbolism and Meanings" (Part 4 of 4)
Purple and Grey
You Asked I've Answered Part 2!!!!
Lies
Mimicking
Ask Them
Dreams
"Bon coneur ne peut mentir"
Off To The Cabin (Part 1)
Hints
Icing
Muddy Dark Blue
Drinks and Those 3 Words
Changes
Shadows
Naughty Dreams
Your Father Is...
Filling in Some Blanks
Questions
House Pop Ups
Coward
What are you Going to Do?
Two Wolves
Heated Touch
You asked Again and I've Answered!
Reaching for him Mentally
All hell Breaking Loose
Lighting and Thunder
White Lights and A Wolf?
NOT AN UPDATE
Legacy
Character Questionnaire
!!!!!Untamed!!!!!
Printing Books?

Proverbs (Long)

23.9K 695 172
Af PrettyRandom

French in this Chapter

Oh mon dieu - Oh my gosh

Désolé - Sorry

--------

Opening my eyes, I stared up to the Night sky as I took a deep breath. The sky was filled with stars, as I was surrounded by trees.

“Pretty isn’t it?”

I nodded as I smiled. I sat there for a few seconds as I ran my hand over my shirt. Something was wrong. Bolting right up I looked around, “Where am I?”

The shadow figure sat next to me as he smiles, “Don’t worry your safe.”

Standing I brushed off my pajama pants as I said, “Says someone who face I can’t even see.”

Shadow guy smirks, “You know me, and you just haven’t met me in person.”

I looked at him, “Is that even possible?”

He nods, “Actually yeah it is.”

“How?”

Waving his hand over his head in the shape that a rainbow goes he says, “Magic and all the stuff.”

I stared at him, “Are you going to hurt me?”

“Have I ever hurt you doing your many episodes?”

I shook my head.

“Then that should answer your question.” He says as he stands and dust off his pants as he turns and walks off.

“Wait,” I call to him, “Where are you going?”

“Sightseeing!” he yells back, “Care to join?”

I looked around and nodded. I had no idea how long I would be here, but I figured I could let this play out. Following mystery guy, we went in a zigzag form in and out of the woods till we came to a stop outside of what looked like a camping ground.

“Where are we?” I whispered quickly.

“You don’t remember this place?”

Looking at the camp ground there were tents and various amounts of people surrounding the place. There were kids running around, women washing clothes, men preparing fire.

“When is this?” I asked taking in their clothes which obviously stated that this wasn’t something recent.

“1955.” He says.

I looked at him, “You expect me to believe that I’m having dreams about stuff that happened in 1955?”

He shook his head, “Not dreams, memories.”

“Memories?”

He nods as he looks at towards the people again. A small girl with dark brown hair, about 7 years old, ran around laughing as she bumps into a bucket pail spilling water.

“Angelica! Oh mon dieu you need to be careful sweetheart.” Says an older women.

“Désolé Aunt Marie.” Angelica smiled as she bend down and picked up the bucket and began to run around again.

The little girl was full of life as her laughter filled the air. I smiled as I watched her. It reminded me a bit of when I was younger, the non-stopping laughter, the always wanting to play without having a care in the world. But as I watched her dance near the fire, images flashed before my eyes and I remember who that little girl was.

“Is that the same Angelica who took the blame for the guy and was burned?”

The shadow guy nods as his expression darkens, “Yes, yes that is her.”

“What are we doing here? I don’t even know the girl.” I say.

“Oh but luv, you do, you do.” He says.

The little girls continues to laugh as she stops at the fire. Starring at it for a moment she smiles and nods as if it was speaking to her, as she raises her hand to it. My mouth opened as she stuck her hands into the flames.

“Is someone going to see that she is playing with fire!” I yelled.

Touching my arm, the guy says, “It’s okay, see just watch.”

I started to ask him was the screws in his brain loose but as I turned to watch the girl, lights flashed in my eyes I watched her hand spark and glisten from the flame, it wasn’t burning it, the flames, the flames were playing with her.

“What are you doing?” snapped an older guy, making Angelica remove her hand from the flames.

“I was just,” she starts as she is cut off midway through.

“You were just being reckless.” The guy snaps, “Your mother told you about you using your gifts in the open like that.”

“Nobody is around, I was being safe.” She says clearly frightened.

“Your were being reckless!” he snaps, “And to think that whatever crazy gods is above us, has blessed you, an ill manner, ill-tempered, little girl who doesn’t know right from wrong, to help our people.”

The girl looks down at the ground, “I’m sorry Uncle, I’ll be better.” Was all that she said before she turn and ran away. Running into the arms of a tall male.

“Hey Angel,” the guy smiles as he bends down on a knee in front of her, “What’s the matter.”

“I’m sorry Dad, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to play with the fire.” She cries, “It just called to me and, and,” she sniffs as she cries into his shoulder.

Rubbing Angelica’s back the guy says, “It’s okay, you didn’t know. You’re not in trouble.”

“I’m not?” she asked looking up at him.

He shakes his head, and gives her the most genuine smile I’ve ever seen, “No Angel cake’s your not.”

The little girl smiles and hugs him tightly as I says, “I love you dad.”

“I love you too shortbread.” He says kissing her on the top of her head. Wiping her tears he says, “Why don’t you go find your cousins and go play.”

She nods as she stands and runs off.

Watching her the guy smiles as he turns and looks in my direction and stops. I looked around to see what caught his eye, but to my surprise his eyes were locked on mine.

“Wait,” I say, “Can he see us?”

There was silence.

“Hey,” I called looking to my side to see that shadow dude was gone, “Are you kidding me?”

“What are you doing here?”

Jumping at the base of his voice I turned quickly to see Angelica’s father standing right in front of me.

“You can see me?” I asked.

“Of course I can.” He says irritated, “Who are you? Did the hunters send you?”

“Hunters? I shook my head, “I don’t know what you’re talking about?”

“Why are you here?” he demanded, “What do you want?”

I shook my head, “Nothing, I don’t want anything.”

“Then why are you watching my family.”

“I’m not, I swear it just,” I looked over his shoulder to see that everyone had frozen in place with what they were doing and the only person who acknowledge me was Angelica’s dad and Angelica.

“Who are you?” he yells.

“Annabelle.” I say frightened.

“You have a last name Annabelle?” he asks as he looks me up and down.

 “Aconite. Annabelle Aconite.”

His eyes widen as he says, “Aconite?”

I nod.

“What time are you from?”

“What?”

“What year are you from?” he asked as his hazel green eyes stared into mine, “Because clearly you are not from here.”

“I uh, I’m from the year 2014.” I say.

“2014.” He says as if the number was foreign, “Are you dreaming?”

“God I hope so.” I say.

He shakes his head and looks back at Angelica, who walks towards us, as he turns to me, “If you are having flashbacks, then they must be looking for you.”

“Who? Who must be looking for me?”

He shakes his head.

“Please who is looking for me? How can you see me?”

He shakes his head again, “I’m not at liberty to say, but if you are being brought here, then there is a lesson you must learn, and I cannot simply tell you. You have to learn it yourself.”

“What are you talking about?”

Angelica stares at me from behind her father as he pushes behind him more and says, “Pay attention, these flashes are for you to remember.”

“To remember what?”

The scenery changed before me as I heard Angelica’s dad say, “Folle est la brebis qui au loup se confesse.”

Instantly my eyes shut. As they reopened I jumped up in bed gripping my chest as I took in a long breath. I sat there for a few moments as my breathing straightened out, before I climbed out of bed. It was 3 in the morning as I looked out my window to see that the moon was high up in the sky. Rubbing my eyes I stared down at my opened text books. Closing the books I pushed them off to my side as I stood and walked to the window. It had been a week since I had been at Harry’s doing my project, I thought everything thing was going well until the night when I got home and went to sleep and stared having my nightmares again. For a whole week straight every time I closed my eyes I was being pulled into some memory so flashback that wasn’t mine, but tonight, tonight was the first time someone I was watching actually saw me.

-------------------------- 

Walking to my desk I set down and wrote down what Angelica’s father had said to me, Folle est la brebis qui au loup se confesse looking it up in the French to English books I had brought at the book store I was able to figure out that it was an French Proverb that states, It’s a Foolish Sheep that makes the wolf his confessor. I stared at it trying to understand what it meant when my phone rung, scaring me. Walking to my phone I unlock it as I answered not looking at the caller id,

“Hello?”

“Are you alright?”

The voice on the other line, was heavy with sleep, but filled with worry.

“Harry?”

“Are you alright?” he asked again.

“Yes, I’m fine.”

The was a pause, “Something is bothering you.”

Walking to my window I say, “Are you outside or something?”

“Do you want me to be?”

I smiled, “I’m fine.”

“May I ask why you are up at an hour like this?”

“How do you know that I was already up? Your calling could have woke me up.”

“Your voice is to even and relaxed for my calling to have woke you up. Are you sure you’re alright, because I got a weird feeling that you were at a discomfort.”

“You got a feeling.”

“Yes.” He says.

Walking to my window I look outside as I say, “I’m okay, I just had a weird dream.”

“About?”

“Rainbows and puppies.”

He laughs, with his voice being deep echoing in the silence in his background he says, “That does sound weird.”

I smiled.

“Well then since your well, I’ll let you get back to your puppies and rainbows.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” He says, “See you at school.”

I nod even though he couldn’t see me, “See you at school.”

Hanging up the phone I tossed it on my bed as I look out to the night sky. I couldn’t tell Harry about my dreams, not without it sounding like I should be locked in a mental ward. I mean shifting into a four legged dog, excuse me a wolf, would have me locked up as well if I told anyone but this, I shook my head, I couldn’t tell him. I wanted him to think I was a normal girl who loved art, and who just had random black outs. Turning to my bed I climb onto it as I pulled the covers over me.

“I’ll tell him right after I find out what the heck they mean.” I said out loud to myself.

Snuggling under my covers I closed my eyes and tried to will myself to sleep, while that proverb replayed over in over in my head.

--------------------- 

“Hey mom!” I say as I rush into the kitchen grabbing a banana and my car keys.

“Yes?” she asked as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

“Your into those old sayings, proverbs and junk right?”

She laughs as she nods, "Yes,” she looks at me, “Why?”

“I’ve head this quote in my head all morning and I can’t seem to understand what it means.”

Turning around she grabs a spoon from the draw as she says, “Tell me what it is.”

Pulling the paper I wrote on this morning out of my English book I say, “It’s Folle est la brebis qui au loup se confesse,” I say, “It means-“

“It’s a Foolish Sheep that makes the wolf his confessor.” She says before I could get it out.

I looked at her, “I thought you didn’t know French.”

“Your father doesn’t know French, I on the other hand had a very fluent French speaking grandmother. Remember Grandma Martha”

I looked at her, “Grandma Martha was French?”
She nods, “She spoke it like one would breathe.” She smiles, “So what is it that you want to know about the saying?”

I stared at her for a moment before saying, “I wanted to know if you knew the meaning of it?”

Biting her cheek she looks up like she was thinking as she says, “I believe it mean, ‘Don’t confide in somebody unless you are certain that he or she can be trusted.”

I looked at her and nod as I looked back at the paper.

“Is everything okay?”

I nod and smile, “Peachy.” Opening my banana I say, “I’m later.” As I rush out the door.

---------------- 

The day was going slow as usual, but as I walked the hall to the cafeteria seeing Harry leaning against the wall near the cafeteria he held his head down as if he found something interesting on the floor. I smiled I took him in. A familiar sense of warmth crept up my spine as I got closer. Looking up Harry smiles as me and pushes off the wall.

“Hey.” He smiles.

“Hey.” I smile back, looking at the spot he was starring at on the ground I ask, “Find something interesting?”

Raising a brow he follows my gaze as he laughs, “Oh that.” shaking his head he says, “No, just lost in thought?”

“Lost in thought? About what?”

He shakes his head, “Nothing important. How was class?”

I shrugged, “Class was class. What about you?”

“About the same.” He smiles as he opens the door and we both walk into the cafeteria.

Over the past week and after a very heated discussion between me and Charlotte, I finally got her and Ashton to agree to sit back at the table with me and everyone else for lunch. Everyone got along great, Michael, Luke and Ashton talked about Band stuff in which they found out they had a lot in common, while Charlotte and Angel talk about famous rock bands, and fashion. Charlotte and Lily were even getting along, kind of. That was until Charlotte would give one of her ‘harmless’ jabs about something involving Lily, which would lead them back to attacking each other with insults. I really hope they would work out there issues, soon.

As Harry and I said our hello’s we slide into our chairs as Harry instantly dove into a conversation about racing.

“Hey Angel.” I called out to her.

“Yeah?” she asked while she picked up an oreo from Niall’s tray to eat.

“Is your name short for something? Like Angelina or Angela?”

She shakes her head, “Nope, it’s just Angel.” She tilts her head as she looks at me, “Why?”

I shrug, “No reason.”

She nods as she turns to Ashton listening to him talking about how he started drumming.
I opened my book and began reading for a test I had later as Harry leans close and whispers, “Do you ever stop studying?”

I smile, “No not really.”

“What the subject?”

“English, I have to give a report about Greeks and whatnot.”

“Greeks? Like the mythology?”

“As opposed from the Greeks on sorority row? Then yes.”

He give me a playful shove with his shoulder and says, “I can help you.”

“You know about Greeks?”

He nods, “They actually play a big part in,” he looks over his shoulder as he lines closer, “What we are.”

I raised a brow, “Oh really?”

He nods as he looks at my book, “So when’s the assignment due.”

“In like two weeks.”

He runs a hand threw his hair as he nods, “I can pencil you in, next week.”

“Oh you can pencil me in?” I asked with a smirk.

He nods, “Only if you come to the tracks with me Saturday.”

“What’s happening Saturday?”

“I have a race, and I want you there.”

“Are you sure? You know with Lou-“

He shakes his head as I stop mid-sentence, “Liam and Niall will be there, and you won’t be out of any of our sights. You’ll be fine.”

“Then you sir have yourself a deal.” I say holding my hand out for him to shake.

Looking at my hand he shakes his head and wraps an arm around me as he pulls me into a one arm hug. I hugged him back as I took in his scent and smiled. As we pulled away, Harry turned to answer a question Niall asked, as I turned to receive a very unbrotherly glare from Daniel as he mouths, We need to talk later.

Sure. I mouth back as I Harry turns back to me and smiles. I smile back as I lean my head on my book listening to them as they begin to tell Charlotte and Ashton random racing stories they all had.

------

French in this Chapter

Oh mon dieu - Oh my gosh

Désolé - Sorry

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
66.7K 2K 43
Iris has had a difficult life, running from her past and living like a nomad. She is not a regular wolf. She curses the Moon goddess for the gifts sh...
1.3M 38.4K 60
***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind for his own good, trapped in a world where...
4.6K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...