Close Your Eyes

Bởi makingmxmories

❝Close your eyes.❞ ❝Why?❞ I ask her. ❝So I can kiss you, ❞ she responds. ************** Rosa: a shy girl... Xem Thêm

close your eyes
one; ❝someone new❞
two; ❝it doesn't matter❞
three; ❝what will he do?❞
four; ❝no one will care❞
five; ❝can i ever forget?❞
six; ❝i will never forget❞
seven; ❝maybe she's right❞
nine; ❝too busy thinking❞
ten; ❝what will i find?❞
eleven; ❝shopping❞
twelve; ❝dancing with you❞
thirteen; ❝turn of events❞
fourteen; ❝never leave me❞
fifteen; ❝how to describe her?❞
sixteen; ❝can't always be prepared❞
seventeen; ❝her acceptance❞
eighteen; ❝united❞

eight; ❝i can't wait❞

7.9K 261 121
Bởi makingmxmories

Rosa's outfit (updated):

Aurora's outfit (updated):

Aurora's POV

Before I know it, it's autumn break; a time where we're allowed to be at home and celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm not a fan of the meaning behind the holiday, but I can't do much about it. At least, it gives me some time to be in peace and away from all of the drama.

When I finally finish all of my chores and homework, I decide to text Rosa. After I had accidentally lost it, I asked Cameron if she could give it to me.

She was incredibly eager about it, and had kept going on and on about how great of an idea it would be to give me Rosa's number. She had even winked when she said that.

I had no idea what she meant.

In my mind, I'm already thinking about all of the places that I could go to with Rosa.

I recall that my distant cousin in Pennsylvania owned an apple picking place. From a young age, my parents and I were frequent visitors and it was a place where we could bond. The last time I went was last fall, shortly before my father left us.

I want to associate a place like that with positive memories though, so I quickly decide that I should invite her to go with me. I faintly remember my mom mentioning a few weeks back that there was an apple picking place across town. It's worth the effort, so I attempt to run the idea by Rosa.

Aurora | 1:12 pm
Hey, Rosa! Can I ask you something!

Rosa | 1:12 pm
Hi, Aurora! Yes, anything!

Aurora | 1:13 pm
Do you wanna go apple picking with me? I guarantee it'll be fun.

Rosa | 1:13 pm
Hm, well with your guaranteed fun... I can't see why not. What time?

Aurora | 1:14 pm
You won't regret it! I'll pick you up at 3. Is that okay?

Rosa | 1:14 pm
That's great! See you then :)

At the end of the short conversation, all I can think is. . . I have a date with Rosa.

I instantly roll my eyes as I mentally smack myself.

It's not a date. Just two friends hanging out. She would never like me like that, she's probably straight.

I try not to think about since, besides, I only have about 2 hours until I have to leave. I have to plan ahead quickly, so that motivates me to jump up from my bed and staring picking out possible contenders for outfits to wear.

Rosa's POV

I have two hours.

Two hours!

I'm probably going to need an hour just to overcome the shock of her asking me on a date.

She asked me to hang out with her, not go on a date.

I get up from my bed, and I start pacing around around the medium-sized space.

I know the perfect outfit.

I go to my closet, and I start picking everything out. I even shoot Cameron, my personal fashion stylist, a short text to confirm that it looks fine. She takes less than a minute to respond, and tells me I'll look great.

That provides me with the confidence that I really need, and it doesn't take me long to finish getting ready.

I take one last look in the mirror, and I'm finally satisfied with my appearance. I have a light layer of makeup on, simply because I want to make my features pop out a bit more. My wavy brown hair falls below my shoulders, and I had made sure to get it curled in the manner I wanted. I look down at my outfit, and I awkwardly pull at a loose string on my blush colored sweater, while staring at the tan colored boots on my feet and the subtle lines in my blue denim jeans. I grab at a light brown bag I have hanging on the wall of my bedroom, and I decide to use it for this event.

I pace around my bedroom even more, and after some time, I realize that it's almost 3 pm and she should be here soon. I'm already ready, and all that's left for me is to try to contain my excitement and get rid of all of my worries.

From my comfortable spot on my bed, I can easily hear the sound of knocking on the front door. I eagerly run downstairs, and open the door before my mom can even ask me who it is.

"Hi, Rosa," Aurora greets me.

She has her hair up in a braided bun, and has a grey shoulder bag with her. She has on a striped black and white shirt with a fluffy grey vest over it, and mauve colored jeans under, along with simple grey sneakers. I'm mystified by her beauty, and the way her pink lips curl into a smile when she sees me.

"Hi. I'm so glad we're talking again."

The awkward period of silence between us only took a week to thaw, and we were basically back to normal. But our conversation today was the first one where it felt like we were at home again.

She nods her head.

What was that? I sound like an idiot.

"Who is it?" My mom asks as she comes over from the kitchen.

My mom comes to the doorway, and her brown eyes narrow. They appear to be shooting darts at Aurora, and I already know that she must be disapproving of her hair color.

"This is my friend, Aurora. Aurora, my mom. Mom, Aurora," I quickly explain.

I'm desperate to get out of here, but neither of them is moving.

"Hello, Mrs. Atilano," Aurora greets her.

My mom instantly wrinkles her nose, as if Aurora is some kind of commoner and she's the queen.

"Hello there. Where are you two going?"

I can already see inside my mom's brain, and guess what she's thinking. She's trying to point out every possible flaw she can, even though there aren't any.

"We're going to the Jenkins Apple Orchard, it's nearby," Aurora responds.

  "Alright. Stay safe," mom tells me. And only me.

"Of course," I say.

We leave my house, and we go inside her car.

"Sorry about my mom. She's not very nice to my friends. Sorry to say but she must've been pointing out every possible problem in you," I apologize.

"I saw her looking at my hair. A lot of people have problems with the color, actually," she says with a giggle.

"I don't get why. The color is beautiful just like..."

You.

I don't even try to say it out loud, so the sentence just silently hangs there, with an important word unspoken. She doesn't dwell on it, and she clears her throat before asking, "are you ready?!"

I nod my head right away in an excited manner.

I can't wait.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

295K 16K 55
[LGBTQ+ Teen Fiction] (Editor's Choice July 2022) High school junior, Callie Washington, is currently in a dilemma. Attending an all-girls, Catholic...
5.7K 381 22
This is a Girl loves Girl story Don't read my books if you're allergic to grammar issues. Peace out. ****** Andrea Holland was a rebellious student...
3.8K 182 32
BEING REWRITTEN. read final chapter for details.
785K 29.6K 33
Time stretches out, the beat of my heart like a ticking clock. Spit it out. I slowly look down at his lips, making it as clear as possible. Rhys's br...