The Original Witch

By lenaf327

"Always and forever." That's what her family lived by when they were human until forced to become the first v... More

Author's note
Prologue
PART 1-Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Ending of Part 1-Chapter 27
Part 2-Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Ending of Part 2-Chapter 46
Summary
Part 3-Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Author's note
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Authors note
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Voting for new story face claim (please vote!)
Face claim + cover
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
New Book Out!!
New cover, update, and a thank you
New Avengers book out

Chapter 12

5.8K 164 17
By lenaf327

Today is Sunday, so we have no classes much to my liking. I am thankful because I was getting tired of sitting through the boring classes, which is most of them really depending on the day. 

I know all there is needed to know about history of both humans and magical creatures. I know all the spells since, well I am the creator of them. I was the one who wrote all of them down in my spell book that I passed down to my daughter.

And yes, I have a daughter. I may physically be seventeen years old, but I was human during the viking era when my family came over to the New Land, so it was not uncommon to have a child at my age. 

I do not know what happened to her because that was the day my youngest brother, Henrick, died. I only returned home for his funeral, watching from the trees as I tried to steer clear of my Father. I had to keep her safe due to the werewolves in our village and I did not want Father to know since he would be too protective of her like he was with me and Rebekah.

I gave her to a villager that was traveling to a new town, and I trusted this woman, who was also a witch. I gave her my spell book to give to my daughter, and I guess she did so since the spells are used today.

My head clears of any family related thoughts as I walk into The Three Broomsticks. At the bar, I  look into the eyes of the bartenders, "One fire whiskey please."

Everyone else my age order butter beers, but I need something stronger. Alcohol helps with the hunger and does not affect me as much as it does humans. I pick up the fire whisky and sit down in a booth by myself.

All too soon I am joined by Ron. I give him a questioning look, "What do you want Ron?"

He shrugs his shoulders and does not speak a word. He opens his mouth like he wants to say something but then closes it. I roll my eyes and take a sip of my fire whiskey. He eyes my drink and says, "How did you get that? You are not of age."

I laugh at his statement, "But yet I am. I used compulsion on the bar tender but you should already know that." Sometimes this one does not think straight.

I take another sip on my drink while he asks, "How old are you anyway?" I choke on my drink slightly, not expecting his question to be so straightforward. He opens his mouth again, "I know you are immortal, but I am curious."

I lean forward to rest my elbows on the wooden table as my eyes stare him down, "And why should I tell you that? Manners Ron, shame on you." I smirk as his curious face falls.

"Our deal was that you would tell me about" He lowers his voice slightly, "You know, vampires."

I place my drink down hard, "Yes, that was our deal. However, telling you about my life was not a part of the deal."

He rolls his eyes at this, "Fine. Why can't you tell me though?"

I let out a soft chuckle, "It is not that I can't tell you. I choose not to."

He raises his voice slightly, aggravated with me which only pleases me more, "Why not? It is not that big of a deal!"

"Exactly, it isn't, so it is not that a big of a deal if I do not tell you my age." He slumps down defeated and cannot think of anything to say to retort what I said. "Look, if I tell you, then it will cause problems and I can't have that."

His eyebrows raise, "What problems? It's not like I am going to go around telling people." So pushy this one is. Ron really wants to know my age and is really determined to find this out.

I sigh in defeat, "Fine, but you are not going to believe me" which is true since I do not think he would believe the fact I am over a thousand years old.

Determined, he says confidently, "Try me Alexia."

"Ok then, as you wish. I am over one-"

"Hundred years old. I knew it!" I glare at him for his interruption, then look at him perplexed. He continues on, "I tried to estimate and I guessed around one hundred and sixty."

I start laughing which only puzzles the red head. "You are so wrong my friend! Try over one thousand." As I say this, he takes a sip of his butter beer and spits it out all over the table. People glance our way to see what the commotion is about, but I wave them off so they return to what they are doing. Nosey humans.

"Are you serious? Stop messing with me!" He looks slightly angry and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, I am serious, I give you my word." His face looks emotionless. "I told you that you would not believe me."

"How is that possible? Isn't that during the-"

I am the one to interrupt this time, much to my pleasure, "Viking era when we arrived to the New World, yes."

He sits there amazed,"Wow, you must be one of the oldest vampires." Oh the irony of that statement.

"You have no idea." I take another sip of fire whiskey while Ron takes the information in.

"How old is the oldest vampire?" What is with all the questions from these Weasley boys recently? 

I reply, "The answer to your question, is one I cannot give." He shoots me a testing look, "What? I actually can't answer that."

He sinks down in his chair, wishing he could know more, "Fine. But answer one more question... What were the 20s like? I heard it was a great time in both the muggle and magical world."

I put my drink down and say quietly, "I wouldn't know...I was not alive at the time."

Ron's eyes widen at this, "What do you mean you were not alive? I thought you just said-"

"I know what I said!" I glare at him and say firmly, "Enough with the questions." I am getting seriously irritated here.

Ron says, "Sorry, but I am just trying to make conversation and find out more about you." I stand up and walk out of the place. It is snowing outside, which makes me slightly happy because I have always found winter to be the best season.

"Alexia, wait!" Ron comes out trudging after me in the snow.

I stop in my tracks, "Why do you want to find out more about me?"

Ron rolls his eyes, "Is it such a crime to want to know more? I mean I think it is only fair that I know about someone who feeds on me!"

"I don't care if it's fair or not for you! I am superior to you, so I decide what is fair and what information I tell you." 

Before I can angrily leave him, he speaks up hesitantly, "besides, I thought we were actually becoming friends in our own weird way..."

I take a deep breath and calm down before responding. "I know...look I'm sorry, but I am not one to divulge everything about my life story okay?"

He nods at this and go our separate ways. I decide to take a walk by the lake.  I spot Hermione walking with Harry, talking in depth about something. I see Viktor talking with some friends, eyeing Hermione up and down slightly from a distance.

I walk over without saying a word, and grab Harry's arm quickly, pulling him away. I tell him to be quiet as we walk down the lake a little until I stop to turn around. I see Viktor walk away from his friends and make his way towards a confused Hermione.

I hear him ask her to the Yule Ball and I smile. I am glad he asked her. Hermione says yes, blushes, and walks towards Harry and me.

Harry asks, "So what did Viktor want?"

Hermione turns a darker shade of red,"He asked me to the ball and I said yes! Do not tell anyone though, I do not want to make a big fuss about it."

I speak up,"I am happy for you Hermione. You guys will look great together at the ball."

"Thanks." I nod my head as she smiles and skips off.

I laugh, "She is really happy."

Harry nods his head,"Yeah, she is. Is that why you dragged me away?" I nod. "Ok, I was curious as to why you did that." We look out towards the lake in silence. He speaks up again,"Did you know that he was going to ask her?"

"I heard some of his friends talking about it. I had a feeling he was going to, so I thought it was best to pull you away."

"It probably would have been awkward if I was there. That is nice of you to look out for Hermione." Nice. I do not think myself and nice go very well together. I nod and take the compliment though.

"I should probably get going. Talk with you some other time Harry." I give a small smile and walk away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5M 152K 114
COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❝ 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. ❞ ❝ 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟. ❞ - updates almos...
117K 2.4K 26
It's seventh year, and students are asked to return to Hogwarts after the war. Her current relationship with Ron is going down hill as he turns abusi...
554 49 24
15 year old Katianne Potter finally broke out of her little bubble and decided to be friends with not just Elliot Diggory and her brother, but also w...
170 0 17
Arith Verona Drakul. Her heritage kept from her by her Uncle Count Drakul, she has lived her entire life hidden from the outside world. But when a le...