Final Fantasy Fanfiction

By WritersCradle

Final Fantasy One-Shots, I really love every characters and their art. I have worked really hard trying to th... More

VII • Vincent
1st ∘ Coming Soon
VII • Cloud
VII • Reno
1st ∘ Preference
XV • Prompto
VII • Zack
XV • Noctis
1st ∘ Group Chat
VII • Kadaj { 1/2 }
VII • Sephiroth { 1/2 }
VII • Sephiroth { 2/2 }
2nd ∘ Group Chat
XIII • Hope
VII • Red XIII
2nd ∘ Preference
XIII • Snow
1st ∘ Imagine
VII • Vincent
VII • Zack
2nd ∘ Coming Soon
VII • Red XIII
3rd ∘ Group Chat
VII • Reno
XV • Ignis { 1/3 }
XIII • Cid Raines
3rd ∘ Preference
XV • Gladiolus
VII • Reno
4th ∘ Group Chat
VII • Cloud
VII • Reno
XV • Cor
1st ∘ VS
1st ∘ Seminar
XV • King Regis
XII • Basch
XV • Ignis { 2/3 }
XV • Prompto
VI • Kefka
IX • Zidane
1 • Real Life
VII • Cloud
XV • Prompto
VII • Tseng
Coming Soon [ Hate ]
XV • Ignis
4th ∘ Preference
XV • Ravus
2nd • Seminar
XV • Ignis { 3/3 }
XV • Ardyn [ H ]
5th • Preference
VII • Cloud [1/2]
XV • Noctis
Kadaj { 2/2 }
5th • Group Chat
XV • Gladiolus
VII • Yuffie 1/2
VII • Reno
VII • Cloud [2/2]
3rd • Coming Soon
XIII • Snow
XIII • Hope (1/2)
X • Auron (1/2)
XV • Cor

XII • Balthier

493 17 18
By WritersCradle

"Jealously"

Warning:

×××

You'd been at this party for an hour now and you'd hardly spoken to anyone. Your friends were here, but Larsa and Ashe had invited a lot of people you didn't know. For the most part, everyone was talking to them, but Balthier was by the stairs with Penelo.

You could admit that you have a thing for Balthier, but whenever you try to confess to him it all goes wrong. Whether it's an interruption or you just can't seem to find your words, something would always stop you. Sometimes you wondered if the universe was trying to stop you.

You stood by the wall, drinking the vodka and soda mix Ashe had poured you earlier. Normally you weren't one for drinking heavy, but you couldn't stand to see Penelo with Balthier. You'd thought about leaving but you knew someone would notice and ask you later. Now, you just stood by the wall, watching Balthier and Penelo laugh and smile. You realised that you'd gotten lost in your thoughts when someone behind you spoke.

"What's cookin', good lookin'?" Vaan his fingers brushing your waist as he walks up beside you and turns to face you.

You giggle.
"Really?"

Vaan shrugs and takes a drink from his bottle. "I thought it was classic. What're you doing all alone?"

"I don't know." Now it was your turn to shrug.

"You're telling me that no one is hitting on you, with you dressed like that?"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He raises his hands in defense. "Nothing bad. You look fucking sexy." He slurs as looks you over.

You blush slightly. "Thanks Vaan." You glance over to Balthier and notice that he's really close to Penelo. You watch as she giggles and pushes his shoulder. "You know, Vaan, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were seriously hitting on me."

"Would you be okay with that?" Vaan asks, leaning close enough for you to smell the beer on his breath.

You didn't reply, you just leaned forward, meeting his lips and kissing him with all the emotions in your heart pouring out. Maybe it was because you'd almost finished that cup of alcohol you'd gotten at the start of the party, maybe it was because your heart was breaking from watching Balthier with Penelo. Maybe you wanted Balthier to see or maybe you wanted to forget Balthier by using Vaan. But whatever the reason, you found yourself not caring as Vaan's arms wrapped around you.

"So, why are you over here and not with (Name)?" Penelo asks Balthier as takes a long drink from whatever is in his cup. Penelo scrunches her nose, knowing his drink is much stronger than hers.

"Because, I don't know what to say." Balthier admits.

Penelo giggles. "You? You always tell Basch to talk to Fran. Why can't you take your own advice?"

"I've tried. If I flirt with her, she just thinks I'm being friendly."

"Maybe cause you flirt with everyone?" Penelo notes, sipping her own drink.

Balthier sighs. "Yeah. Tell me, how could I make my move?"

Penelo smiles. "Practice makes perfect."

"What does that mean?"

"Pretend I'm (Name). I'll tell you what you're doing wrong." Penelo offers.

"Uh, okay. So, uh, (Name). You look different. I never noticed but you could be Penelo's twin. It's kinda weird. Actually, maybe I don't like you all that much."

Penelo laughs. "Oh screw you."

"I'm only kidding. You know, just Joshin' ya, hey!" He laughs as Penelo pushes his shoulder.

"That's a terrible joke." She smiles at him. "Okay, but honestly. Just tell me what you think about her. Why do you like her?"

Baltheir sighs and thinks for a minute. "She's really sweet. And I know how she feels alone most of the time, like me. I wanna make sure she knows she's not alone." He shakes his head and groans. "I'm a sap!"

"Balthier, that's so beautiful." Penelo says, taking his free hand. "Just tell her that."

"You don't think it's too cheesy? Too sappy movie?" Balthier laughs.

Penelo shakes her head. "I think it's perfect for (Name)."

Balthier smiles and looks up to find you in the crowd, happy that he finally knows how to tell you, even if he still thinks its weird. Unfortunately for the both of you, that's right when you kiss Vaan. Balthier's smile falls and he watches as Vaan's arms pull you close and he deepens the kiss. Balthier's hand curls into a fist.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" He asks no one in particular.

"Balthier, calm down. I know you like her, but you can't just go start a fight." Penelo reasons.

He sighs. "I just...Why Vaan?"

Penelo pulls him into a hug and he hugs her tight, feeling a little heartbroken on top of his anger.

"Should we take this elsewhere?" Vaan asks, still holding you close.

You glance up to see Balthier and Penelo hugging. Taking a deep breath, you think about pushing Vaan away. "I don't know." You say shyly.

"I'll treat you right." Vaan says, his voice low.

You smile and look away, your hand on his chest pushes him back slightly in a flirty manner.

"Hey." A new voice greets. You look up into Balthier's eyes. You unconsciously push Vaan away a little more.

"Hey man." Vaan says, hardly paying attention to him, trying to keep you close.

"Enjoying the party?" Balthier asks, but his eyes never leave yours.

Vaan notices and releases you and in turn you stumble slightly almost falling. Balthier grabs your arm to steady you. Vaan mutters an apology.

"I think someone's had a little too much." Balthier jokes, but his smile doesn't reach his eyes. "Can I borrow (Name)?" Balthier says, eyes finally leaving yours to look to Vaan.

"Sure." Vaan walks off after offering a wink your way.

Balthier looks back to you. "Care to explain?"

"I actually don't feel the best." You excuse. It was partly true, you were feeling quite dizzy now. Mostly, though, you didn't want to admit why you kissed Vaan.

"Come on." Balthier sighs and takes your hand, pulling you up the stairs and to his room. "Here, you can lay down until you feel better."

You sit down, feeling nervous. "Thanks."

Balthier just looks away and rubs the back of his neck. "Yeah. Well I'll just-"

"No, wait. I'm sorry." You blurt. "I'm not sure why I kissed Vaan. Not really. I don't like him like that. I was just," You sigh. "just upset and Vaan was there." You look up to him, wondering if he understands.

"Upset? About what?" Balthier asks, sitting next to you. You bite your lip, debating on being honest. "Hey, (Name), you know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah, I know."

"Then why'd you go to Vaan?" He asks, and you notice he sounds sad.

"I didn't know how to tell you. Besides, you were busy with Penelo." Your last words sounded bitter, and you realised you'd admitted why you were upset.

Balthier frowns. "Actually, I was looking for you when I saw you all over Vaan."

You sigh, not liking how upset Balthier is about the whole Vaan situation. Then you wonder why he would be so upset. "Balthier, are you jealous?"

"Yes!" He exclaims. "I've wanted to tell you that I like you. Penelo helped me think of a way to say it, even though I'd sound like the lame sappy guy from those romance movies Larsa loves. I just-" He sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "You make me forget about feeling alone and about being crazy and-"

"Balthier. You're not crazy." You correct. You'd never liked it when he called himself that, just because of how everyone used the word as a bad thing. "Do you realise what happened though?" Balthier looks at you and shakes his head slowly. "I saw you with Penelo and I got jealous and kissed Vaan. That made you jealous so you came over and ran Vaan off."

Balthier smiles. "We're worse than Basch and Fran."

"Oh God, we are." You laugh.

"So, uh. (Name)?" Balthier says quietly. You look up to him and he kisses you, hand cupping your cheek.

"I'm sorry." You say again.

"It's okay." Balthier tells you, kissing you again, pushing back on his bed.

You blush and giggle as his hand brushes down your side, feeling for the bottom of your shirt and sliding under it. He pulls you into a kiss that easily turns into making out while his hands explore your body.

[ A/N: I still take requests, and share. ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

456K 9K 166
ffvii oneshots/headcanons/alphabets etc! PLEASE LEAVE REQUESTS ON THE "WELCOME - REQUESTS PAGE" OR ON MY TUMBLR: ELLUWRITES. enjoy!
85.6K 2.8K 43
The gentle and romantic love story: You are part of the Kingsglaive and King Regis has asked you to accompany Noctis and his friends on their journey...
556 8 9
"There's only one thing in life that I'm absolutely sure of. I won't stop until I get what I want. And what I want is him" Yule Noykin was an averag...
18.3K 604 19
Final Fantasy XV x Reader Book two in the short series "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" Prompto x Reader **CROSSPOSTED TO MY TUMBLR**