Manan ff : Love Story of an I...

By a_cosmic_dust

This is a story about a girl and a boy both related to each other through some past instances. It's difficult... More

0. Character Sketch
1. Introduction Of Male Lead
2. Manik Malhotra
3. First Meet. Really?
4. First Talk. Maybe🤔🤔
5. Revelation, Hopes, Confusion
6. Jealousy. Return Of A Lover
7. New Bonds
8. Manik - The Bipolar Soul
9. Magical Moment
10. Memories, Bondings
11. A Friend In Need Is A Friend Indeed
Note
12. Feelings, Confession 2.0
13. Love Story Mein Twist
14. Glimpse of Past
Let's Talk
15. Heart Talks
16. Past. Promises
17. Someone Died
18. Nandu's Night out with...?
19. Manik bana PROFESSIONAL...?
20. Siblings Send-Offs
Note
Hello...
21. Morning talks
22. An Evening Well Spent
23. Smart Manik, Stupid Nandu.
24. Are you my right girl?
25. Cabir's unreachable.
26. Someone's here
27. Something is fishy!! 🤔🤔
28. The Final Letter
30. Decisions
31. I want to bring back music in my life
32. Manik ko dho dalo Andolan
33. He confessed
34. I wouldn't ever dare to hurt you
35. Manik shocked, Navya rocked
36. I want to be a singer
Thank you
37. Family. Happiness.
38. She was overwhelmed
39. Are You Single?
40. Someone's At My Place
41. A Horror Night
42. Manan?
43. Music Plans
44. Anonymous Audio & Talks
45. The Unprofessional Sponsor?
46. Private discussions & Conditions
47. The Band Manager
48. Worried Manik
49. Concerned Mukti, Blushing Abhi
50. Emotional Attachments
Important
51. Breakfast with Family
New Cover
52. Losing Her Is Losing Myself
53. Talk Over A Drink
54. MukBhi's Confession
55. Mukbhi Continues
56. Meeting Family
57. I got my parents back
58. Pre - Concert Jitters
59. The Concert
60. Source for a Hope
61. MM is Back- I
61. MM is Back - II
Update
62. Determined Manik
New Book Alert
63. First Date
64. Answers
65. The Mystery Girl
66. Welcome to Family, Sunshine
67. Mukti's Parents
68. Happily Ever By Your Side
Epilogue
Last Note
Hello

29. Manik's Little Stunt

8.7K 747 49
By a_cosmic_dust

Hello People. I have changed my username as it was attracting some unwanted attention. Hope it won't be a problem. 

Sorry for disappearing but wattpad was having some issues. Also, I have my exams now. I am not taking a break as updates are almost ready. Instead,  I will update all my stories on weekends. This schedule is for a month. 

Happy Reading...

Midnight. Malhotra Mansion.

Nandini was restless due to the behavior of Manik in the office. She tried calling him zillion time but no one answered. On top of that, Cabir called her to enquire her about Manik since he too couldn't reach him over the phone. Nandu assured him that he's fine but couldn't assure herself, resulting her standing in front of Malhotra Mansion. One of the butlers opened the door, giving her weird glances but she didn't care instead asked him about Manik and barged inside the house.

Nandu: Where's Manik?

Butler: baba apne room mein hai. Lekin unhone mana kiya hai kisiko disturb karne se.

Nandu: I don't care.

She dashed to his room, with the butler following her pleading her to stop, but found the door locked. She turned towards him.

Nandu: Is room ka spare key hai?

Butler: but Madam, hamari naukari chali jayegi. Unhone mana kiya hai.

Nandu: Do as I say. Just get me the spare key.

Soon, she took the key and asked the butler to leave who ran off fearing the wrath of Manik. She opened the door. Switching on the lights, she found him trembling with sweat beads on his forehead before he woke up screaming. Nandu rushed towards him. Sitting in front of him, she shook him to bring back into reality.

Wiping his tears she called him softly that's when he realized her presence in front of him. He hugged her to his dear life as if she would vanish if he had left her, fresh tears forming in his eyes. She waited patiently for him to calm down rubbing his back with one hand and ruffling his hair with another. After sometime she forcefully broke the hug and stood up to leave when Manik stopped her by holding her hand.

Nandu(giving him a small smile): Pani ke liye baba. I will be back soon.

He left her. She went down and gathered some water along with a can of juice from the fridge. She went to his room and found him again lost in his thoughts. Sighing, she went and sat in front of him giving him the water which he drank without any word.

Nandu(concerned): Manik, kya hua? What's bothering you?

Manik tried opening his mouth but words betrayed him instead some tears escaped from his eyes. She wiped his tears and said,

Nandu: Acha we will talk in the morning. Do you want to eat something? At least, some juice?

Manik nodded in a No.

Nandu: Just sleep, now.

Manik tossed on the bed few times before shifting his head onto Nandini's lap who was still sitting beside him waiting for him to sleep. Though startled by his sudden act, she composed herself considering the situation that he was in. She ruffled his hairs which relaxed him a bit and adjusted herself leaning back at the headrest. Both of them slipped to slumber in the same positions.

In the morning, Manik was the first one to wake up. His heavy eyelids took some time to adjust the light. Once done, he noticed his head on someone's lap. He woke up freaking out because of which even Nandini woke up since her hand was still in his hairs. He got confused seeing Nandini there.

Manik: Nandu, tum yahan kya kar rahi ho?

Nandu: Manik, are you fine?

Manik who glanced at the letter recollected all the happenings at the night.

Manik: I am fine. And you? Who the hell asked you to come here at midnight? Do you think yourself as a superwoman? It isn't safe, Nandini.

Nandu(glaring): Look who's talking. Manik Malhotra, you didn't give me any other option since you have decided to not answer any of our calls. Did you even think once how worried we were before pulling that stunt on us? Did you even think how worried I was seeing you there trembling and so lost, your eyes flooding with tears?

Though she started off shouting at him, her voice trailed behind till she reached the last sentence. Last night's picture was still fresh in her mind and she couldn't stop her tears. Manik smiled at his girl's concern towards him and took her in his embrace. She composed herself before breaking the hug and threatened him.

Nandu: Manik Malhotra if you again pull this stunt on me, I swear I am not talking to you.

Manik couldn't help but laugh at her sweet threats.

Manik(smiles): Sure. I wouldn't ever dare to repeat that.

Nandu: Manik are you fine? Last night...

She fiddled with her fingers, failing badly to say further, being tensed. Manik took her hands in his.

Manik: Relax. I am fine. Besides, you were there right, to make me fine.

He teased trying to divert the topic.

Nandu: Manik lekin..

Manik(cutting her off): Nandini, I am really fine. I am sorry for scaring you like that. Let's just go to the office. We will talk about this when we are free?

Nandu nods while Manik searches his mobile. He gets shocked at the number of missed calls he has for just one day from Cabir, Abhimanyu, his parents and of course, the maximum being from Nandini.

Manik: God, you people literally spammed by mobile with your calls.

Nandu glared him to which he made an apologetic face.

Nandu: Manik, I will go home and come to the office.

Manik: Nandu, don't rush to the office so soon. Just sleep for a while and come. I can see you didn't sleep properly last night.

Nandu: Manik, I am fine.

Manik(sternly): Miss. Murthy, I don't want to see you before 2 hours.

Nandini leaves. While Manik gets busy calling Cabir.

Cabir(shouts): Where the hell were you the whole of yesterday?

Manik(helplessly): Cabir, I need to talk to you. When are you coming back?

Cabir: Dude, I am on my way to home. Abhi bas airport se nikle hai. Shall I come to your place?

Manik: No. Just come to the office. We will talk there.

After talking to Cabir, Manik calls his parents and talks to them before getting ready for office.

While he was leaving, the butler who opened the door yesterday came towards him.

Butler: Baba, maaf kar dijiye. Kal vo Madam suni hi nahi bahut mana karne par bhi.

Manik: What? Kitna baje aayi thi vo?

Butler: 12 baje. Spare key maanga tha. Bataya tha humne ki aapne milne se mana kar diya lekin vo suni nahin.

Manik smiled listening to Nandu's stubbornness shocking the butler.

Manik: Unhe kabhi rokna mat andar aane se.

Butler nodded while Manik left from there.

Reaching office, Manik went to his cabin waiting for Cabir. Sometime later, Cabir and Abhimanyu barged into Manik's cabin. After their hugging sessions, they settled on the chairs and Cabir asked Manik.

Cabir: Ab bata what did you want to talk?

Before Manik could answer they were disturbed by a knock. Manik asks the person to come in who happens to be Nandini.

Manik(narrowing his eyes): Didn't I ask you to sleep?

Nandu: Mujhe neend nahi aa rahi thi. Isiliye aagayi.

Abhimanyu went to hug her while Cabir smirked looking at Manan. He was about to question him but was stopped by Manik who noticed his smirk.

Manik: I will kill you right here if you open up your mouth or use that extra talented brain of yours.

Cabir raises his hands in surrender.

Nandu: Manik, I will leave.

Manik: what? Why?

Nandu (fidgeting with her fingers): I just came to check on you. You people were discussing something important so I will leave.

Manik: And who told you that you are not important? (Makes her sit on a chair) I hope you got your answers.

Everyone settled down in their chairs as they waited for Manik to speak. 

Precap:

Cabir's reaction after knowing the past. 

Cabir and Abhi are back. How many of you missed them?

How was the update? Waiting for your feedback. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.4K 2.1K 16
MaNan is back! After a turbulent college life, everyone is chasing their dreams and passions, while dealing with changing relationships. After inves...
91.3K 9.2K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...
238K 17.1K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
445K 28K 38
#1 in Humor Genre 06/05/2016 #1 in Humor 4/05/2016 (what's hot) [Completed on 21/05/2016] Nandini Murthy Khanna: A fun and carefree girl. A girl full...