The last guard : RWBY x male...

By GlenAldoAZE

After years of brutal conflict, the civil war in Vacuo is coming near it's end. Just days before the governme... More

BIO
The Girls
Part 1 : the last one
Part 2 : finally free
Part 3 : a new home
Part 4 : the first day
Part 5 : Life in Beacon
THE NEW GIRLS
Part 6 : blast from the past
The new girls (again)
Part 8 : a new enemy
A new girl (yet again)
Part 9 : secrets
Part 10 : the dance ?
Part 11 : first mission
Part 12 : a familiar sight
New girl (this is the last one) i think
Part 13 : an early victory
Part 14 : an enemy or not ? Pt.1
Another Girl (i swear she's the last one)
Part 15 : an enemy or not ? pt.2
Part 16 : an enemy or not ? pt.3
Part 17 : an enemy or not ? Pt.4
Part 18 : a chocolate and a rabbit
Part 19 : a joyful rose
Part 20 : hard as ice
Part 21 : a sad kitten
Part 22 : flaming yellow
Part 23 : a warrior or a hero ?
SOMETHING IMPORTANT
Part 24 : a not so calm before the storm
Part 25 : the fall pt.1
Part 26 : the fall pt.2
Part 27 : aftermath
Part 28 : a new beginning
Part 29 : mistral menace pt.1
Part 30 : mistral menace pt.2
Part 31 : the black bird
Part 32 : mother's rosario
Part 33 : an unexpected encounter
Part 34 : change of plans
Part 35 : the iron city
Part 36 : Homecoming
Something
We have a winner!!!
Part 37 : shady business pt.1
The new girl!!!
Part 38 : shady business pt.2
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
Part 39 : the end or the beginning ?
Voting time!!!
The result!!!

Part 7 : strange days

17.9K 230 253
By GlenAldoAZE

(Y/N) : your name
" " : dialogues
' ' : thoughts

((Y/N)'s POV)

I stood here confused. The girl in front of me just told me that she's the summer maiden and that she chose me to be her Guard and Champion. What is all this ?

Marie : "you really don't remember me do you ?" The girl said as she kept looking at me with a sad expression.

Me : "have we met before ?" I asked her before she pulled something out and showed it to me. It was a mask used to conceal the faces of experimental subjects in the research facilities like in the fortress Kazak.

Marie : "you're the only one who talked to me that day" she said as she smiled again. After a while, it hit me. I knew that voice felt familiar. The first time i heard her voice wasn't from the dream but it was.......

(Flashback a few days before you met Ozpin and Glynda)

((Y/N)'s POV)

I was walking around the walls of the fortress when the colonel asked me to bring a few men to check on some suspicious movements outside the Fortress. Apparently, the lookout tower saw a few rebel soldiers approaching the fortress. I gazed at the view in front of me. A massive rebel camp containing tens of thousands of enemy troops. Ever since the siege began, thousands of enemy reinforcements have been coming to aid the attackers. They attack once every few days to weaken our defenses before attacking us at full strength. Even though we've repelled every attack, their numbers just kept increasing while ours kept decreasing. Every soldier here knows it, death is near and we welcomes it.

I brought a few soldier from the Garrison and went out to find and report the threat. Lately there have been soldiers trying to bomb the walls to weaken it. They would send a few men to avoid detection and plant some bombs on the wall and retreat back to safety. I'm here to stop that.

We went out and we searched through the desert sands for any rebels. When we didn't found any, we reported back and we started to head back into the fortress. And that's when i saw her. A girl wearing a hospital attire with a mask on her head. She was young, barely 16 years old. Her body was short and i could see pink hair behind the mask.

Vacuo soldier 1 : "major, there's a girl there"

Me : "i see her" i said as i approached her.

Vacuo soldier 2 : "you see what she's wearing ? She must be an experiment subject"

Me : "she's just a girl" i said as i walked towards her she looked like she was terrified. I then opened my mask revealing my face to her.

Me : "who are you ? What are you doing here ?"  I said to her as she approached me.

??? : "aren't you afraid of me ?" She said with a weak voice.

Vacuo soldier 3 : "she must be one of the monsters from the lab!" She looked down when she heard that.

Me : "she's just a girl!"

??? : "everyone here is afraid of me. You should too"

Me : "why would i be afraid of a little girl like you" i said before she ran towards me and hold my body tightly.

??? : "finally, someone......" her voice was so quiet that I couldn't hear what she was saying.

Me : "what are you doing ?" I asked before she lets go of me.

??? : "nothing, it's just i'm glad there is someone that's not afraid of me" she said before the alarm goes off inside the fortress.

Colonel : "subject 5-UMM-3R has escaped. She must not be allowed to escape at all cost. Kill her if you must!" The colonel said through the comms.

Vacuo soldier 1 : "she must be the monster that escaped! Fire!" He said as he pointed his weapon at her. Before he could shoot, i stopped him.

Me : "stop! There are rules! We don't kill children!" I said as i stood between the gun and her.

Vacuo soldier 2 : "major, with all due respect. She may be a child but she's a monster. She must've killed many to make the Colonel say that"

Me : "still, she's just a child. Don't kill her" i said before i could feel a hand pulling my uniform.

??? : "why are you protecting me ?" I was confused. I don't even know myself. Why am i protecting her ?

Vacuo soldier 1 : "major please step aside"

Me : "the General wouldn't allow this if she's here right now" i said to them. "You're here to fight for your country not to kill children" i said as they looked at each other in shame.

Colonel : "major! Why isn't she dead yet ?!" I looked behind me to see the Colonel aiming his pistol at the girl. She just stood in silence. She must be afraid.

Me : "Colonel, with all do respect. Our rules of war prohibits the killing of children"

Colonel : "she's not a child she's a monster" he said before firing his pistol but i used my scimitar to deflect the bullet.

Me : "sorry sir, this is breaking the law"

Colonel : "you insolent fo-" he was cut off transmission bu the head scientist.

HS : head scientist

HS : "Colonel, bring back the subject alive if possible" the head scientist said through the comms.

Colonel : "yes doctor"

HS : "thank you Colonel" i sighed in relieve after hearing all that.

Colonel : "let's go! bring her back!"

Me : "please cooperate. I don't want them hurting you" i said to her.

??? : "What's your name ?"

Me : "i don't have any. What's your name ?"

??? : "i'm Ma-" she was cut off by the Colonel injecting her with a drug. She fell to the ground and the soldiers began to lift her back to the fortress.

Colonel : "you! You will be punished"

Me : "I didn't nothing wrong sir"

Colonel : "this is for insubordination!"

Me : "i accept the punishment sir" i said as i walked back towards the fortress. I then see the soldiers bringing inside a fault. I've never seen her since.

(End of flashback)

((Y/N)'s POV)

I stood here shocked. She was the girl i met that night. She does have the same hair color.

Me : "that was you ?" I said to her before she embraced me in a tight hug. A little too tight.

Marie : "you finally remembered! I'm glad that you remembered!" She said while hugging me tightly.

Me : "M-Marie, c-can't B-breath" i said as she let go of me.

Marie : "anyways, i'm sorry about the punishment" she said a looking a little sad.

Me : "oh that, it's okay. They lashed me pretty hard but i'm used to it" she looked at me with her eyes widened.

Marie : "WHAT?! THEY LASHED YOU?! OHMYGOD THAT WAS MY FAULT!" I could see tears running down her face.

Me : "don't worry about it" she looked at me with an angered face. Then she tackled me to the ground.

Marie : "don't move for a second" she took of my clothes revealing my back that was full of scars from both punishments and from battles.

Me : "what are you doing ?" I said before i felt my chest and my back burning but it stopped after a few seconds.

Marie : "there you go, all done" she looked so proud of herself. I looked at my chest to see that all the scars were gone.

Me : "how did you do it ?" I said as she grew a smirk on her face.

Marie : "i can do a lot of things with my maiden power"

Me : "wow, that's amazing" her face grew red when i said that. 'Why do people do that ?' I thought as i heard a massive explosion coming from the docks.

Marie : "what was that ?"

Me : "I don't know. Lets go" we then ran towards Blake but when we got there, Roman were already captured and i see the rest of team RWBY there along with a girl with orange hair. I then walked towards my teammates with Marie behind me. When they noticed me, Marie was holding onto my arms.

Me : "hey there. Looks like you guys took down Roman" they looked at me in anger.

RWBY : "WHERE WERE YOU!!!" They yelled in unison.

Me : "i was uhhhh...." I don't know how to explain what happened.

Blake : "i was fighting hard here when you suddenly disappeared and now you dare to come back here with A GIRL CUDDLING YOUR ARM!" She yelled the last part. I've never even seen Blake this angry.

Weiss : "who is she anyway ?" Weiss said with a hint of anger in her tone.

Me : "her name is Marie, she's uhhh-" i was cut off by Marie.

Marie : "I'm his fiancee!"

Me : "what's a fiancee"

Marie : "just say that it's true!" Her tone sounds very demanding.

RWBY : "WHAT?! (Y/N) EXPLANATION NOW!!" They yelled again in unison.

Me : "what's a fiancee ?" I said looking innocent. They all just facepalmed themselves and Marie just looked unsatisfied.

Me : "anyways let's just get her back to Beacon" they all looked at me in suspicion before they agreed to bring her back.

(Time skip to Beacon)

((Y/N)'s POV)

Me and my teammates along with Marie was standing inside Ozpin's office before Glynda came inside along with team JNPR.

Glynda : "what's going on ? Why are you calling me here headmaster ?" Glynda said to Ozpin.

Pyrrha : "and why are we here too ?"

Ozpin : "allow me to introduce to you miss Marie Aestasia"

JNPR : "hi"

Marie : "Hi!" She said cheerfully.

Ozpin : "this young lady here, is the summer maiden" they all looked at Marie in shock.

Pyrrha : "t-the summer m-maiden ?" How did you find her ?" She asked Ozpin.

Ozpin : "I didn't found her ? (Y/N) did" he said as Marie hugged my arm tightly earning a glare from RWBY and Pyrrha.

Me : 'why are they glaring at her ? Maybe they don't trust her yet ?' I thought as i myself received a glare from them. 'Why me ?'

Yang : "where did you meet her ? Why is she hugging your arm ? Who is she to you ?" She said with smile but her eyes are blood red.

Me : "i met her in Vacuo and she's uhhh... she's my-" i was cut off by Marie.

Marie : "i'm his fiancee!" Everyone even Ozpin were shocked by what she said.

Me : 'i still don't know what fiancee meant' I thought as i felt five hands holding my back. I looked forward to see that my teammates and Pyrrha aren't there. Instead, they're all behind me but i could feel murderous intent from them. 'Why do i feel like i'm about to die ?'

Ruby : "(Y/N)? What did she meant when she said that she's you fiancee ?" she was smiling and that's scaring me.

Weiss : "yeah (Y/N), what did she meant?" Her smile was sweet and yet it felt deadly.

Blake : "she was joking right?" I'm really scared right now.

Yang : "hahaha you're really funny (Y/N) that was a joke am i right" kill me now!

Pyrrha : "(Y/N), explanation NOW" i think i'm already in hell.

Me : "e-explanation ? About what ?"

RWBY + Pyrrha : "ABOUT THE FIANCEE THING!!!" They all said in unison.

Me : "oh that, what is a fiancee anyways ?" They all facepalmed when i said that.

RWBY + Pyrrha : "THANK GOD" they all said in unison again.

Me : 'how do they do that ?' I thought as i felt Marie poking my cheek. "What is it Marie ?"

Marie : "a fiancee is a-" she was cut off by Pyrrha's hand covering her mouth. She looked like she's being held hostage.

Pyrrha : "I don't think he need to know that just yet" she said in an intimidating tone.

RWBY : "yeah, we'll tell him in time"

Me : 'what's happening today ? Everyone is scary today' I thought as i saw Ozpin laugh while Glynda was glaring at all of them. 'Wow, that's even scarier then all if them combined'

Ozpin : "anyways, since we don't have any empty dorms left since our last dorm is used by (P/N). Marie here, is going to stay at RWBY's dorm" my teammates looked at him in shock.

Ruby : "what! But there's already five of us in there. Why would you put her there with us!"

Ozpin : "she only wanted a dorm if (Y/N) is in it and one of you have to share a bed with her. The bed maker company just had a bankruptcy so it's going to be a while before we can get her a bed" they all sighed after hearing that. "Remember, you're the only ones who knows that Marie here is the summer maiden. I'm telling you because you're all my most trusted students and i want you to help her. What do you say ?" He said to all of them.

RWBY + JNPR : "yes professor" they all said before we all got into the elevator and head back towards the dorm.

(Time skip a few minutes)

((Y/N)'s POV)

Marie : "so (Y/N), where's your bed ?" She said as the others glared at her.

Me : "here it is" i said as i pointed at my bed.

RWBY : "what do you think you're doing ?" They all said while looking at Marie.

Marie : "what's wrong with me wanting to sleep with my fiancee ?" I still don't know what that means.

Me : "it's fine. If she wants to sleep with me, i'll share the bed" they all blushed when i said that. 'Was it something i said?'

Marie : "see, he wants to sleep with me" they all glared at me.

Ruby : "i think i know how to make this fair" we all looked at her in confusion.

Ruby : "how about we all switch"

Yang : "i agree with her"

Blake : "that's acceptable"

Weiss : "if he's okay with it"

Marie : "ugh! Fine, i'll share"

(Y/N) : "I don't have a saying in this do i ?"

RWBY + Marie : "nope" they all said in unison.

Me : 'really, Marie not you too"

Marie : "okay then tonight's my turn"

RWBY : "FINE" they said before we all got to bed.

Me : "goodnight"

RWBY + Marie : "goodnight (Y/N)"

As i was beginning to fall asleep, i felt Marie hugging me while mumbling something in her sleep.

Marie : "(Y/N)... finally.. i found.... you..." she said in a quiet tone.

Me : "i'm glad i found you too Marie" i said before falling asleep.

(Time skip to morning)

((Y/N)'s POV)

I woke up late to see that everybody has already left the room. There was only me and Marie in the room. They left a note saying that they went to get breakfast in the cafeteria. I then shook Marie's shoulder to wake her up.

Me : "hey Marie, wake up" i said as she opened her mouth.

Marie : "five... more... hours" she said in a lazy tone.

Me : "wait, hours ?" I sighed as i walked to the bathroom to take a shower. Today is the last day of the holiday. Tomorrow classes are back. I sighed.

Me : "i would prefer being on the battlefield than in class" i said as i was finishing putting on my clothes. I then left a note for Marie and i walked towards the cafeteria to see Jaune thrown into the window.

Me : 'what's happening in there ?' I thought as i felt a hand tapping my shoulder. I turned around to see Sun and a guy with blue hair.

Sun : "hey (Y/N) you're going to the cafeteria ?"

Me : "yeah, but I think i'm changing my mind on going in there"

Sun : "come on, go with us. Anyway, This is my friend neptune"

Me : "pleasure to meet you"

Neptune : "nice to meet you too bro"

Sun : "okay let's go" he said before we all walked through the door. What i saw was horrifying beyond words.

Me : "this is a warzone" Sun looked at me sarcastically before Glynda came in and used her semblance to tidy up the cafeteria.

Glynda : "children please, don't play with your food.

Me : 'is this how they play with their food here ? These guys should be sent to the frontlines. They would be plenty helpful there' I thought as i saw Ozpin came in.

Ozpin : "hey there (Y/N). How are you liking this place ?"

Me : "well, this is a strange place. But i'm glad i came here"

Ozpin : "that's good to hear"

Glynda : "ugh they're supposed to be the defenders of the world"

Me : "they're still just children ma'a- i mean aunt Glynda" she just chuckled after hearing what i said.

Glynda : "aren't you a child too (Y/N) ?"

Me : "I don't know how to answer that"

Ozpin : "you're also a child (Y/N). And so are they. So you should play the part. After all it's not a role you'll have forever" i see a hint of sadness when he said the last part.

Me : "i will professor" he smiled before walking out of the cafeteria with Glynda. I turned around to see my teammates and team JNPR laughing while being covered by food.

Me : 'Beacon truly is a strange place. I look forward to to an interesting new semester'

End of part 7

As always, I do not own RWBY and any of the pictures i used

Thank you and see you later

BYE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 763 13
What happen when someone have talk to Salem for years? Listening to her rants and making promises. What happen if this person is the only person who...
447K 5.1K 40
Y/N L/N was a student from Beacon who was bullied once his girlfriend starting abusing him and cheated on him he ran away from Beacon worrying his fr...
15.7K 457 73
A young hero, an exalted heiress, a troubled rogue, a party girl, and a knight. These are the five members of RWBY, a team brought together and train...
6.7K 139 25
Team RWBY are reunited at Haven Academy, planning their next move against Cinder and Salem, when a new enemy rises from the darkness, a new servant o...