Book 1 of Twisted: I Heart...

By sheepandwolf

Probably the biggest love triangle ever. After enrolling in to McKinley High, Avery, Erica and Victoria foun... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1- First day of school
Chapter 2- How was your day
Chapter 3- Auditions
Chapter 4- Did we make the cut?
Chapter 5- A Dramatic Plot
Chapter 6- Worst Date Ever
Chapter 7- First training
Chapter 8- Trouble
Chapter 9- Confrontation
Chapter 10- First 'Date'
Chapter 11- The Concert
Chapter 12- Jealousy In The Lab
Chapter 13- Reasons
Chapter 14- Seeing Is Not Believing
Chapter 15- History
Chapter 16- Baseball vs Basketball
Chapter 17- A Bunny Disguise
Chapter 18- A Good Deed
Chapter 19- Blind Corner
Chapter 20- Let's Play
Chapter 21- The Party of a Beginning
Chapter 22- Doubtful
Chapter 23- Trapped
Chapter 24- The Game
Chapter 25- Innocent and Naughty
Chapter 26- Day 2 Of Fun
Chapter 27- Payback
Chapter 28- Secret Love
Chapter 29- Quarterfinals
Chapter 30- Valentine's Day
Chapter 31- Number 13
Chapter 32- Natasha Ford
Chapter 33- Semifinals
Chapter 34- Movie Night
Chapter 35- Decisions
Chapter 36- Child's Play
Chapter 37- Unsaid Feelings
Chapter 38- Love At First Sunlight
Chapter 39- Ideal Girl
Chapter 40- Sophie's Makeover
Chapter 41- Tone Deaf
Chapter 42- Assumptions
Chapter 43 - Finals
Chapter 44- After Party
Chapter 45 - Bitch Recruitment
Chapter 46 - The Bet
Chapter 47 - Friend or Foe?
Chapter 48 - Preparations
Chapter 49 - The Amazing Race
Chapter 50 - A Hockey Celebration
Chapter 51 - Melody's Meeting
Chapter 52- Planning
Chapter 54- Outcome
Chapter 55- The Real Deal
Chapter 56- Library Encounter
Chapter 57- Suspicions
Chapter 58- Who I Really Am
Chapter 59- Bowling

Chapter 53- A Little Love Surprise

10.7K 112 19
By sheepandwolf

Author’s note: Wolf- Hey readers! Sorry for the late upload but anyway here’s the chapter that you’ve all been waiting for! Enjoy! J

Chapter 53- A Little Love Surprise

Avery:

I opened my eyes. It was morning already. What time is it? I groaned and snuggled more comfortably under my covers. Then it hit me. I sat up abruptly. “It’s my birthday.” I said to myself. I can’t believe it.

I jumped out of bed and ran across the room to look at myself in the mirror. Pfft what am I thinking? Just because I turned a year older doesn’t mean I would look any different from yesterday. But still, I feel different. I squealed in delight and began prancing around my room.

I kept singing in my head ‘I am 15, I am 15, I am 15’. Then, my stomach growled. ‘And I am hungry’ I sang once more. I brushed my teeth and went downstairs. My mum who was finishing up the decorations greeted me.

“Morning Avery darling! Did you sleep well? Breakfast is on the table.” She greeted.

I smiled at her,” Morning mom.”

I ate my breakfast slowly and contently. But when I checked the time, I almost chocked on my food. Its 10 already?!!? They’ll be here in an hours’ time and I haven’t even changed. I need to get ready. Fast.

I rushed upstairs into my room. I don’t think I needed to bathe since I’ll probably be wet later. I hastily picked up my brush and started brushing my hair. Oh my god I don’t even know what to wear!

I looked through almost my entire wardrobe but none of my clothes seemed “right” for the occasion. I hope my team doesn’t arrive early….

*ding-dong*

Really? I started to panic. They’re here already and I haven’t even decided what to wear. *Knock-knock* “Avery dear, your friends are waiting for you.” My mom says entering the room.

“Yes mom I’ll be down in a jiffy but I can’t find anything to wear!” I whined.

She smiled and handed me a piece of clothing,” You can wear this. Your dad and I will be out and won’t be back till 10. Enjoy yourself.” She kissed me on the forehead and went out.

I looked at the singlet she gave me. Wow. It looked expensive. Something my mom wouldn’t be able to afford. I got changed quickly and headed downstairs. Why do I feel so nervous? Keep calm Avery. Breathe in and out. In and out.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” everyone cheered.

I laughed and said,” Thanks for being here! Make yourselves at home and food has already been prepared outside.”

“NOW LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED! WHOOOO!” Jessica shouted. Everyone cheered as well and headed outside.

Victoria approached me and gave me one tight hug,” Happy Birthday Av! I can’t believe your 15. Now the only one left is me.”

“Your turn will come soon.” I said reassuringly.

“Hey Avery!” Someone called.

I turned around to see Jessica and Michelle walking towards us. Jessica handed me my present,” Happy Birthday my dearest junior! 15 huh? I remember my 15th. Best club night ever!” They both high fived each other.

Wait, club night? They went clubbing? I looked at my present and gasped. “Thank you so much! Its so cute, I think I’ll sleep with it every night from now on.” I chirped.

I looked at Michelle and she just smiled at me. Weird. Isn’t she going to give me a present? Oh well, maybe she forgot. Wouldn’t be surprised. At least she’s here. I smiled back at her and said,” Okay let’s all head outside!”

I plugged in some music through the sound system and the party started. Everyone was just having fun and relaxing. Jessica was chilling on one the benches, Victoria and Michelle were being the DJs and I was in charge of the barbeque pit.

Woah. The weather today wasn’t sparing me any mercy. It was too damn hot. I was sweating like a fountain. I could really take a break and have a glass of water right now. But there was no way I could leave the barbeque pit.

“Hey Av! Want a drink? I’ll go get you some!” someone asked behind me.

I turned around to see Michelle,” Yeah sure thanks!” Just then, Natasha approached me. “Hey think you should leave the pit to me. The birthday girl should be enjoying her self and not doing work.” She offered.

I nodded my head and thanked her. Suddenly, Victoria called out,” Hey Av! Could come here for a sec?”

Just nice. And I really thought I could relax for a bit. “Okay coming!” I shouted.

“Hurry up!” Victoria urged.

“Coming!” I said, jogging slowly along the swimming pool. However, my foot slipped and I fell into the pool. I wasn’t prepared and took a gulp full of water. All of a sudden, my limbs felt weak and I started to struggle.

I heard a huge splash and felt strong arms lifting me. Everything was blurry and I had no idea what was going on. And then, I blacked out. When I regained consciousness, my vision was very blurry. I heard voices but they were so faint.

Slowly, my vision cleared and I saw in the distance Michelle’s back walking towards the gate, opening it and walked out. Wait, where was she going?

Michelle:

Wow. Avery house looked really neat. With the decorations and all. My hands were trembling with excitement. I can’t wait to see Avery’s reaction when I give her my present. I turned towards Jessica,” So what’d you get for Avery?”

She shrugged,” Nothing much. Just a simple stuff toy. She told me she loved stuff toys.” The fuck? Dammit! I should’ve gotten her the pink bunny instead! Anyway fuck that, my present is so much more better than the stuff toy.

We heard footsteps down the stairs. Right on cue as soon as she appeared, everyone cheered,” HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

She laughed and said,” Thanks for being here! Make yourselves at home and food has already been prepared outside.”

Then Jessica shouted,” NOW LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED! WHOOOO!” Everyone cheered and headed outside.

“Hey Avery!” Jessica called and I followed her. She handed Avery her present,” Happy Birthday my dearest junior! 15 huh? I remember my 15th. Best club night ever!” We both high fived.

Ah yes. I remember that. Back then we were only the B3 and Andrea brought us to a club for the first time. Good times. She looked at her present and gasped. “Thank you so much! Its so cute, I think I’ll sleep with it every night from now on.” she chirped.

WHAT. Now I really think I should’ve bought the stuff toy. Then it’ll be my present she’ll be sleeping with every night. She looked at me and I smiled at her. Okay I think I’ll give her my present after the party. But I’m quite doubtful though. Will she give me the same reaction when I give her my present?

She smiled back at me and said,” Okay let’s all head outside!”

The music blasted and the party started. Everyone was having a great time. Jessica was chilling on one of the benches, Victoria and I were being the DJs and Avery was in charge of the barbeque pit.

The sun shone brightly and it was getting really hot. Avery must be suffering over there. I know! “Hey you stay here for a while. I’ll go get some drinks.” I say to Victoria.

“For Avery?” she replied with one eyebrow raised. I winked at her. Oh she knows where I’m getting at.

I walked over to the barbeque pit. “Hey Av! Want a drink? I’ll go get you some!” I asked. She turned around to face me,” Yeah sure thanks!”

I went inside the house and prepared the drinks. I held the glasses carefully on both hands and made sure I didn’t spill them. I hurried and just as I stepped outside, I saw Avery jogging along the swimming pool. Just as I was about to call her, her foot slipped and she fell in.

NO! But before I could even move an inch, Jessica being the nearest to her jumped in to save her. I froze. I don’t know why but somehow something inside of me refused to move.

I watched as Jessica lifted her out of the swimming pool and laid her down on the ground. I felt immense anger and jealousy surge through me. I should’ve been the one to save her. That should’ve been me.

Jessica checked her breathing. No, is she unconscious? She started doing CPR on her. But as soon as her lips touched hers, my grip on the glass loosened. It dropped on the floor breaking into a million pieces.

I felt a million different emotions I couldn’t comprehend. My heart sank as I watched Jessica. I know it’s wrong but I hate Jessica right now. So much. Why’d it have to be my best friend?

I couldn’t take it anymore. I walked towards the gate, opened it and walked out. I didn’t want to see anymore of that. I felt emotionless yet I’m in pain. I’m not bleeding but why does it hurt so much?

I should’ve told her. That day when we watched the play together. I should’ve confessed to her like a man instead of chickening out like a pussy. I’m a fucking mess. When she finds out that it was Jessica that saved her, she’ll be grateful when that could’ve been me. Sophie got her heart and now my best friend has earned her respect.

And then here I am, a girl that truly loves her has fucking ruined all her chances. Fuck my life. I don’t know whether I should give up or carry on. I knew there was a bar near here. I hailed a taxi and reached there shortly.

I went in using my fake ID card. Immediately, I ordered two shots of vodka. I was going to drink my sorrows away.

Avery:

“Alright everybody, she’s fine. It’s okay.” Jessica said.

I sat upright. Victoria came over and hugged me,” Oh my goodness Avery! You scared me! You’re okay right? That was quite a fall.”

“Fall? Huh?” I asked in confusion.

Victoria explained,” You tripped and fell into the swimming pool. Luckily, Jessica jumped in to save you. She even did CPR!” I turned to Jessica,” You saved me? Thank you.”

She nodded her head. “Okay everybody. The party can start. She’s fine.” Jessica ordered. Everybody obeyed and went back. Wow. I have to say she’s quite remarkable. No wonder she’s the team captain.

Victoria helped me up my feet and the party went on as usual until evening. Most of my teammates had already gone home. “Hey Av, do you know where Michelle went? She’s been missing throughout the whole party. I tried contacting her on her phone but she hasn’t been answering my calls.” Jessica asked.

I totally forgot about Michelle. Then I remembered that she had walked out the gate. “I’m not sure but I saw her walk out the gate when I regained consciousness. I thought she would come back but I guess she didn’t.” I said.

I’m quite disappointed though. She didn’t give me a present and if she wanted to leave early, she should’ve told me first. “That’s odd.” Jessica said. “Anyway, I’ll be heading home. My parents don’t want me to party so late on a weekday.”

I nodded my head and waved goodbye. So now there’s only Victoria and I left. “Hey you should head home as well. I can clean up by myself.” I said to her.

“You sure you don’t want me to help? “ she asked. I nodded my head. Before going off, she turned towards me,” Hey, what do you think of Michelle?”

“Michelle? A weird senior who likes to stare at me and is quite rude for leaving the party early without telling me.” I replied curtly.

She chuckled,” Yeah come to think of it she’s been missing throughout the party.”

“Yeah I saw her leave through the back gate.” I said.

“She did?” Victoria said with a thoughtful look on her face. “Anyway, see you tomorrow!”

I waved at her. Alright time to clean up. Just then my phone started to vibrate. I checked to see who was calling me. Michelle? I answered,” Hello?”

“ You know I lovvvee you right?” Michelle replied slurring her words.

“Hello? Michelle? Where are you? Why do you sound so…. Drunk?” I asked. What is going on with this girl?

She smirked,” And what if I am?” Then she hanged up.

What the? Okay that was weird… My phone started vibrating again. Michelle?! Again? “Hello?” I answered. This time it was a male voice that answered. “Um, your friend is really drunk so could you pick him up? He needs to pay the bill.” The voice said.

“Okay tell me the address.” I asked. I need to get to her now. I went out and hailed a taxi. As soon as I reached the bar, I rushed in. There was Michelle. Slumped on a tool with at least a hundred bottles surrounding her with her head resting on the table.

The guy (whom I assume was the one that called me) handed me the bill. “Woah… that is a lot of alcohol.” I said to myself. I paid the guy and took Michelle’s arm and hung it over my shoulder.

She stirred,” Averrrryy?”

“Come on. Let’s go. You’ve had enough.” I said.

We walked slowly outside the bar until she made a gagging noise. Oh HELL NO she’s about to puke! I stood clear and true enough she started puking. I felt awkward standing there. This clearly isn’t my kind of place.

I patted her back lightly. I looked around the clearing. It was almost deserted other than a group of dangerous looking guys opposite us across the clearing. I dared not make eye contact.

All of a sudden, I heard footsteps approaching us. I glanced up and it was the group opposite us that were coming towards us. Oh no… please don’t come. If they decide to attack us, I can’t defend myself and I have a drunk friend here.

When Michelle stopped puking, I put her arm around my shoulder once more and led her to a nearby alleyway. I have no idea where I’m going but not anywhere near those guys.

I glanced back. Oh my god they’re following us. I can’t walk any faster. Michelle’s too heavy for me. Just then, someone in front of us said,” Well what’s a pretty little girl like you doing around here?”

I wanted to back away but when I turned back, the group that was following us had surrounded us. We were trapped. I didn’t know what to do. This isn’t good.

The guy in front of us approached us closer. I could see his face more clearly now. He has a scar across his left eye and his arms were covered in tattoo. He grinned menacingly,” Come on little girl, you can dump the guy and come with me. You’ll have more fun.”

He was about to reach out to grab me by the arm when Michelle grabs his. She looks up,” Hands off.” She threw him over to the wall causing him to hit his head. Michelle stands up and pushes me gently to the other side. “Stand back.” She warns.

The guy she just hit scowls at her. He got up and was about to throw a punch at Michelle when she kicks him in the groin. Ouch. That must hurt. He howls in pain and Michelle punches him in the face causing his nose to bleed.

What? Her one punch was that strong? She grabs him by his shirt and hurls him towards his friends. “Don’t you dare try to touch my girl.” She says.

“Hey don’t mess with her anymore chief. He’s from B5.” A guy with a lot of piercings on his face says.

“Who’s B5?” someone asked.

“ A gang. They’re quite notorious in this neighborhood.” The guy with piercings reply.

The guy with the tattoo which they call “chief” says,” Let’s get out of here.” They all scramble off into the darkness.

I realized the whole time I was watching I was holding my breath. That was some scary shit back there. But I didn’t really expect the guy to fight like a pussy. One punch from a GIRL and he bleeds?

Michelle approaches me and says,” Are you okay?”

She was standing close. Too close. I nodded my head,” Yeah I’m fine. What about you?”

She bends forward until our faces were only inches apart. I could feel the heat in my cheeks rising. What is she going to do now? “You know what I said over the phone…. I meant it.” She began.

Oh that. “No, your drunk.” I said.

She then grabbed both my shoulders and pinned me against the wall. I was shocked and scared at the same time. “Avery, I love you. Ever since I set eyes on you the first day you came I’m in love with you. You’re the only girl that could ever make me feel this way.” She says.

“I know I am not the one in your heart but if you give me a chance, I promise I will give you all my heart, my body, my soul everything for you to be mine.” She says desperately.

What? She liked me? All this time? How could I not realize? But there was no way I could like her. She’s not Sophie I thought sadly. I said,” Michelle, I can’t-“

I was cut off with her lips pressed against mine. I was stunned. I dared not move. A few seconds passed and we broke apart. Both of us were gasping for breath. I can’t believe it. She kissed me. Michelle, my senior and a B5 member just kissed me.

She leaned forward and I thought she was about to kiss me again so I instinctively leaned back. She chuckled and hugged me.

“So Avery, will you be my girlfriend?” 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254 0 24
Caitlin Sanford shows you HOW to get through senior year of school living in a small town filled with parties, sports,love triangles, difficult paren...
38.4K 1.1K 23
Destiny and Travis were high school sweethearts, crazy in love. It was always Travis' dream to be a pro basketball player but he soon realizes that...
291K 9.3K 70
Lexi is the new girl at school but what will happen when she hangs out with Sim and then likes her
2.1K 59 43
BOOK 1/4: What happens when you have a massive crush on your upper grade tutor, a love for your year-older science partner, kissed your best friend...