The Skabelse

By iRowan

NOW A PUBLISHED BOOK!! Centuries have passed since the Wars. In the beginning it was hatred and greed that fi... More

Free eBook
Pronunciation Page/Other Giblets :P
Death Would Suffice
Nightmares
The Caravan
Arrival
The Skabelse
Are You Daft?
Feisty Isn't She?
All Great Things Must Come to An End
Manners
The Behemoth
A Time to Heal
Tattoos
See Something You Like?
Letting It Out
Cold No More
Aye, I Like You Enough
New Sensations
An Unknown Audience
Taken
The Brotherhood
Even the Blind Could See
Mjød
Oh, Was It Worth It
What Are You Smiling For?
Looking's For Free
The Fortress
Blanche
Dirt Is Easier To Clean
Fight It Is, Then
Little Piggies
She Is Mine
Final Words
Saviors
When The Wind Blows
What Does It Feel Like
The Palace
Can I Borrow Yours?
Are You Feeling Ill?
Harsh Words
Sweet Nothings
Just A Taste
More To Come
Better From Swine
Let Me Tell You
The Bannered Lion
Better Chances
Suit Yourself
We All Have Secrets
A Fine Line
As You Requested
Pleasure
The Last of Us
Tough Crowd
Fated Decisions
Touched
Bloodshed
Guess
A One Legged Man
Bolgrӓt
Reunion
So It Begins
Lana
Vanquished
There Are None
It Is Finnished
Søvn
New Day
The Return
Liberation
A Small Surprise
Déjà Vu
Bitter Sweet
Epilogue
Please read! :)
HEAR YE HEAR YE
It's Happening Guys!

Farewell

1K 65 32
By iRowan

A light knock on the door awoke Bjorn from his slumber. "Were moving out. Be ready to meet in the court yard in thirty minutes," an unfamiliar male voice said.

Bjorn let out a breath and sat up, rubbing his emerald eyes. The rising sun had slowly started to make its appearance over the snowcapped mountains. It was a beautiful sight, one that he was not yet used to and he wished he could spend his morning eating breakfast with Rowan on her balcony overlooking the view.

The thought of the Gladeswoman brought him back to reality and he turned and looked down on her, studying her sleeping face. Her dark silver eyebrows were knotted close together and her lips were slightly pursed, making her look worried in her sleep yet still beautiful.

Bjorn wondered what she was dreaming about and decided it was time to wake her up. Leaning down, he brought his lips to her temple and kissed her lightly before softly running his fingers to her tangled hair. "Wake up love, its almost time to go."

He watched her eyelids flutter open and her pupils as they focus on his face.

Running the back of his hand over her scar, he smiled, "How did you sleep?"

Rowan immediately frowned and pushed herself up into the sitting position. "I didnt. I think I hardly got an hour" she said, trailing off.

Bjorn wanted to ask her what troubled her, but knew that they were in a hurry. We are supposed to be ready and meet in the court yard in thirty minutes. "Do you need help suiting up?" he asked, referring to her armor. He didnt think she did, but he assumed he should be polite and ask.

She shook her head and smiled at the kind gesture, "No thank you, I'll manage."

Bjorn nodded and turned around on the edge of the bed, the grabbed his trousers and slid them on. Once he was finished, he stood up and stretched. The cold air from the open window bit at his skin and goosebumps quickly arose. Rowan hardly noticed them, for she was too busy appreciating his hardened muscles.

When Bjorn turned around, Rowan quickly looked away but it was too late, the Rorik had caught her.

He chuckled deeply and walked over to her, placing a gentle hand under her jaw, and brought her face up so their eyes would meet. "You do not have to be embarrassed about looking at my body, it is only natural. After all, it belongs to you," he said, bending down and kissing her head gently.

Rowan smiled sheepishly to herself as he pulled away but said nothing. Bjorn chuckled again and quickly slipped on his shirt, not bothering to fasten it since he would only be taking it off in a matter of moments.

Once he was done, he looked at Rowan once more, "I'll see you in the courtyard." he said, then gave her a soft smile before leaving the room and closing the door quietly.

With a sigh, Rowan stood up and wasted no time gathering her things. Shoving a spare outfit and a few necessary items in her pack, she began chewing on a few mint leaves as she began to strip from her night clothes though the air was frigid and encouraged her to dress more quickly.

Slipping on a pair of tight fitting black trousers and a grey tunic with navy blue embroidery over it, she began to suit herself in her armor that smelled heavily of turpentine and hide. Putting her arms through her leather vest with chainmail accents over her ribs and heart, she fastened it tightly but gave herself just enough room to breathe and move comfortably. She buckled a buckskin belt around her waist, then looped an identical one over and under her shoulders that would hold her blade and two small knifes. Lastly he fastened her bracers, easily lacing the worn strings through their holes. Lastly, she slid in two small but sharp knifes in their holsters followed by her blade on her belt. She had gone through this entire process countless of times, but for some reason this was different and she couldnt explain why.

With one last sigh, Rowan slipped on her boots and laced them up as well before tying them tightly into a knot. Then, pushing herself off of the edge of her bed, she walked over to her mirror and began to style her hair.

Separating her silver locks into two parts, she braided each part close to her scalp, then joined the two braids into one at the base of her neck and let the rest fall over her shoulder. Satisfied with her look, she gave herself a quick nod then slung her back and bedroll over her shoulder and made her way downstairs and to the courtyard.

As she walked out of the main doors, four servants were handing out packaged food to each combatant for the journey. Rowan was impressed with their hard work and was grateful to whoever thought of the idea.

"Here you are my lady," a young maid who was no older than fourteen said as she handed out a stack of food that had been tied together with thick yarn.

Rowan grinned and took it and bowed her head with gratitude, "Thank you, I am much obliged."

The young girl smiled back and flashed her crooked teeth, then handed the next person their food.

Rowan scanned the crowded court yard and noticed just how crammed everyone was. With well over six hundred soldiers in total including all the ones from the eight kingdoms and the soldiers from the High Palace and a horse for each person, the spacious and vast courtyard now felt like a crowded prison cell.

Rowan spotted the Gladeswomen easily though by their fair hear and maneuvered through the swarm of bodies until she finally reached them.

She was surprised to see Bjorn perched on top of his black stallion talking away to her mother who was stifling a laugh at something he said and she studied the scene as it warmed her heart. His long raven curls hung loosely to his ears and his green eyes held a mischievous glint. He wore a forest green long-sleeved shirt that clung to his muscles and reached his thighs, as well has a dark brown pair of trousers and fur lined boots. He wore a thick leather vest with a collar that stood up half an inch and a pair of long black bracers that were very similar to her own. His bed roll was fastened behind his saddle and on each side of his stallion were two large saddle bags as well has a sword and bow, and over his lap lay a thick looking coat with a hood if the temperature would drop anymore.

Queen Lana, on the other hand, wore a pair of maroon tights with a navy blue tunic with a smaller leather tunic on top as well as a long light blue cloak that was draped over her shoulders and fell onto her horses rear. Her hair was intricately styled and piled on top of her head.

Rowan had not seen her mother suited for battle for many years and it was very refreshing to see her in such a manner.

"Good morning," Rowan greeted as she neared the two. They both grinned widely at her as she began to fasten her bed roll and pack to her saddle.

"You look beautiful," Bjorn said, looking her over. It reminded him of the first time he laid eyes on her as she entered the camp long ago. It had felt like it was a life time ago but in reality it had only been a few months.

Rowan blushed as she strapped down her bed roll tightly. "Thank you," she said softly before meeting his gaze.

"You two remind me of my younger self. Oh to be young again," Queen Lana said with her grin still plastered onto her face.

"You are still young my Queen, and quite beautiful if I may add," Bjorn said with a wink. Rowan rolled her eyes as she put her foot in her stirrup and mounted her horse.

Queen Lana through her head back and laughed, "Oh Bjorn, you are too kind. It is no wonder why my daughter has fallen for you, as you are quite the charmer."

Bjorn gave her a crooked smile before looked to Rowan triumphantly. She only scowled in return, causing both Bjorn and her mother to laugh once more.

As they waited for the rest to get settled and mount their horses, Rowan chatted with her fellow sisters until someone blew into a horn, signaling everyone was ready.

As the large army slowly made its way from the Palace, families waved silently goodbye.

When they passed the house that Bjorn visited only a few nights ago, he noticed them standing outside waving as well. The tall man nodded his head and mouthed, "Farewell," as the young prince passed. Bjorn returned his bow and waved to the man's family and continued on.

Once everyone was officially off the Palace's grounds, each kingdom raised their banners as they rode in pairs to the rendezvous point of the Razoul plains through the Vernanda woodlands.

A/N: sorry for the boring chapter, it was kind of a filler lol.

P.S. Hopefully you guys can see Queen Lana up top ;p (the more vicious version lol)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 602 50
When his worst fear comes true, Asgard's Dark Prince will stop at nothing to rescue his pregnant consort. Yet, not even the threat of Asgard's forces...
23.1K 1.8K 32
"Are you coming with me or not?" "To where? Where are we going to go, Magnus? We're in the middle of the goddamn zombie apocalypse. Everyone we know...
1.3K 239 26
In this time period and dimension every 17 year old MUST past the Quest to keep their magic. Of course not everyone passes, do you want to know abou...
30.2K 2K 41
Book Two of the "Fate of Duro Series" There had been no hope for the future of Duro. Those that had been left were destined to extinct themselves, ki...