Rejected? Whatever. (UNDER MA...

By Anubis27

THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR CONSTRUCTION. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU WAIT ANYWERE FROM 4-8 WEEKS TO START READIN... More

Rejected? Whatever! Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 (Little bit of Ryder's POV)
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 (Ryder's POV)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 (Jason's POV)
Author's Note
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Write-A-Thon!!!!!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 RYDER'S POV
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Bonus Chapter #2
Spin off: Shadow West
Spin-Off's Release Date / More Bonus Chapters Coming Soon

Chapter 26 Ryder's POV

22.1K 743 46
By Anubis27

Ryder's POV

I crashed into my bed. 

I sent her away.

After everything that I went through to get her not to hate me, I sent her away.

I had a good reason. I mean she was going to kill not only me, but my whole pack, but I couldn’t help but be mad at myself. I should have thrown her into one of the cells in the basement or something. At least then I could see her every day.

What confuses me is that she fought on our side. She killed her own pack. 

Does that make her even more of a heartless murderer, or is that proof that she abandoned her plan to kill Blood Moon? 

Damn, girls are confusing. 

There was a knock at the door. 

“Yeah.” I yelled at the door. 

Jay walked inside. “Hey man, how are you holding up?” 

He was worried about me.

He had a good reason to considering what I went through the first time and our bond wasn’t nearly as strong as it is now.

“I’m not.” I moaned into my pillow.

“I still can’t believe she’s a rouge. A group of rouges killed my father. A group. We thought it was weird then, but now that we know that there’s actually a pack of them, do you think it was her pack? Do you think she was there when they killed him?”

Jay was on the verge of crying. 

“I honestly don’t know what to think. I want to be mad at her. I want to hate her, yet my wolf is in love with her. That’s not going to change. She’s my mate. If she’s not sane, I’ll have to accept that. I know that I can’t live without her.”

“Don’t talk like that.” Jay said automatically. “She would feel it if you offed yourself. That pain is ten times worse than a rejection.”

“I know that!” I growled at my best friend. “Why the hell do you think I’m still breathing?”

“It’s not just you who’s upset about Mikky. My mother, your sister, me, we’re all hurting. Stop being so selfish and man up.”

I rolled my eyes at him. He wouldn’t understand. He doesn’t have a mate. 

I grabbed my Wii remote. 

It may sound pathetic, but I plan to watch Supernatural because it reminds me of my Mika. 

I turned on the television, and Good Morning America was on.

I was about to fix the input onto the Wii, when I saw someone who looked like my mate on TV. It was all pixelly because it was showing security footage, but it looks just like her!

Mystery Woman in Southern Wisconsin Gets Kidnapped, Escapes, and Fights Her Attacker All On Tape!

I turned the volume up even though I could hear it fine.

“Here you see this poor girl’s unconscious body being carried into the room by two men at the Montgomery Hotel. The question is how did no one see them? Why weren’t they stopped there and then. They stay in that room for over 24 hours.”

That was Mika. I know it is. That Jason guy and another man was carrying my mates limp body into a hotel room. What happened in those 24 hours? I can’t even think about that.

“One of the kidnappers left for only 15 minutes. He made some calls in the Lobby. Police lip readers are trying to piece together what was being said. Miraculously, in that small time frame, the girl escaped from the hotel room. She ran down halls, going in circles until she came across a stairway.” 

Mika was running for her life. By the way she was running, I knew she had a knife of some sort on her. She was running so that her leg wouldn’t get stabbed by it.

“She met one of the attackers on the stairway. Brief words were exchanged, once again lip readers are working on it, and then he slapped her and attacked her. Poor girl.”

It was horrible to see my little mate being punched and kicked by Jason. Why didn’t she fight back? She could have killed him easily, yet she didn’t.

“As she was being dragged off, presumably back to the hotel room, she fought back. She kicked him in the shin and ran. Once she made it to the lobby, she had the lobbyist, George Michel, call the police. We have him on Skype right now. George, tell us what exactly she said to you.” 

A grumpy old man appeared on screen. 

“Well, Robin, she came limping out from the North Stairwell. I looked up from my newspaper and she was just standing there. She says, ‘Help me.’ I felt bad for the poor girl. Her lip was bleeding and she had bruises on her face. So I says, ‘I’ll call 9-1-1.’ While I’m talking to the police, she took off and ran out the front doors before I had a chance to stop her. I hope she’s okay.”

The African American news anchor looked at the camera and said solemnly, “We do too. Thank you Mr. Mitchel. When police got there, the kidnapper from the stairwell was gone. They looked back at the security cameras and found out that after the girl ran off, he went back to his room. His accomplice was found dead in the hotel room. Authorities assume that the kidnapper did it.”

I knew better. Mika killed the man, and I can honestly say I’m proud. If she didn’t kill him, I would have. 

“Police went looking for the girl, but were unable to locate her. They check street cameras and stare parking lot cameras hoping for just a glance of her. They were able to track her as far as the Montgomery Forest where the park’s camera got only one shot of her. At one point, she looked right into a security camera at the Montgomery. Police ran it through the facial recognition system, but there was no match. They have this to say to her, ‘You are not in any trouble. We want to make sure you are okay and we want to make sure you get medical attention for your injuries. Please come forward, just to give us some peace at mind.’”

Another anchor appeared.

“Thank you, Robin.”

“You’re welcome, George.”

They switched to a new story. 

Jason was still out there. My mate was in trouble and I wasn’t there to save her. 

I jumped to my feet and stormed into the kitchen where Jay and a couple pack warriors were eating.

“I want everyone in the pack room in five minutes. Mika is in trouble. I want her home where i can protect her.” 

Everyone but Jay reluctant went to gather people. Jay just stood there.

“You are going to risk your pack for a traitor? She’s my sister. I love her too, but she can take care of herself. As far as I’m concerned, I plan to never see her again.”

“Plans change. I don’t care if she wanted to kill me. Or even you. She’s my soulmate. If anything happens to her, I’m not going to stay sane. She’s in trouble. It’s my job to save her, and I take that very seriously.” I used my Alpha voice.

“So, that’s it?” He yelled at me. “We’re just going to welcome her back and wait for her to kill us all?! She might not even want to come back.”

“I’m not stupid! We’re bringing her back, and she’s going in a cell. I’ll make it a nice cell for her. I’ll have Melissa decorate it or something. She may not be happy, but at least she’ll be safe.”

“If Mikky doesn’t want to be found, we wont find her. Remember last time?”

“I wasn’t Alpha last time. We’ll start up in Wisconsin. I’ll send ten groups, with ten wolves in each group, in different directions. No stone will be left unturned.”

Jay sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. “There is no way of talking you out of this, is there? Okay, I’ll go along with this, but if she’s not found in three weeks, I want all of the warriors back home with their families. It’s not smart to have so many of them out anyway.”

“I’m alpha here. What I say goes. You will go along with this because you’re my beta, and you have no choice. After five weeks, I’ll scale it back to three groups that will switch out every once in a while. That’s the best you are going to get.”

“Unbelievable.” He muttered, storming out of the kitchen.

______________________________________

Chapter 26!

Okay, so I'll admit that I wrote this chapter Monday right after chapter 25 and I didn't upload it until now. 

I normally never pre-write chapters. I upload then as I write then because I feel that it's only fair, but I knew that I wouldn't feel like writing today, and guess what? I was right.

I helped at the Special Olympics like I mentioned in Chapter 25's Author's Note. 

It was so cool to see all of the special needs kids having fun. I was a little 12 year old boy named Matt's 'buddy'. I walked around with him and showed him where all the events were etc, the only problem is that since I've never helped before, I didn't know where anything was. 

Oh well. We figured it out. He was blind and had one of those feeling sticks. People avoided walking near him and it was annoying. He can figure out if people are in his way, we doesn't need to be avoided like the plague because he has a stick. He was a really nice person and we talked just like I would to my friends. People need to learn not to treat people with special needs like they are two. Even with that, Matt was all smiles all day. It was inspiring. You can tell that he's been through a lot more than someone his age should, yet he was an overall happy person, laughing and joking.

Overall, there were so many people smiling. Their excitement was contagious.

It was supposed to rain, but it didn't. It also wasn't to hot. It was the perfect weather and I'm glad I was outside all day. Sorry, for rambling about that, but it was such an amazing experience, I wanted to share it with you guys! <3

Another reason I don't want to write today is that I got my copy of City of Heavenly Fire!!!!!!!!!!

asdfghjkl

It is sooooooooooo good. I got it yesterday after school (perks of having a dad that works at Target) and I just read and read and read. I'm only on page 250 because I was outside all day today, but I;m just grateful to have it. It's 700+ pages! Yay!

Okay, I feel like I've been rambling a lot. Sorry!

Book Stats!

Reads: 4,359

Votes: 191

Werewolf #476

WE ARE DROPPING ON THE LIST!

Vote, vote, vote!

Net Update: Saturday!

I'm going to try to update a few times this weekend, but no promises!

Vomment!

Anubis xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1K 228 25
It was cold. So cold. My skin and body was numb, I shivered. My skin was purple, the once puddles on my floor almost like a pool. My cell was complet...
51.8K 1.3K 51
She was rejected by her mate His mate died in a fire She went strong cold after her rejection He went crazy after the fire She's a warrior He's an...
732 11 27
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
9.9K 504 52
Follow Ruby as she gets tired of her pack ignoring her and her family pretending she doesn't exist. Watch as the ones who are suppose to love her, he...