Dream a Little Dream // Danie...

By AutumnsFl0wers

"Who's Daniel Howell?" You've never really been interested in YouTube. Quite frankly, you don't really care f... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39*
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Biggest News!
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50: Turning Point

Chapter 1

1.7K 34 42
By AutumnsFl0wers

Authors note:
Hello and welcome to my first X Reader story! I'm trying to get better at writing, so bare with me if there's any mistakes. Full of romance, comedy, and all things fluffy to keep those cheeks red and smiling. Hope you all enjoy the story! :)

DISCLAIMER: This is purely a FICTITIOUS story and is not meant to reflect any of the real-life feelings/preferences of either Dan or Phil. With the news of June 2019 of both boys coming out as gay, I realize that an X Reader pairing such as this may be inaccurate. However, I fully disclose that this is meant to be seen as fiction and is not meant to push/pressure certain things in any way, shape or form. 

We love our boys, therefore I ask that we all stay respectful of them and acknowledge that this story is not real. With that being said, I hope you all enjoy reading this imaginative, purest-of-bean tales! 

(Y\N) = Your name (That's you~)

(E/C) = Eye colour Have fun~

(Y/N)! It's time to wake up! C'mon, c'mon! Today's the day, let's GO!"

You slowly open your eyes, the almighty force of sleep threatening to drag you back into the world of silky dreams. Your vision is blurred and strained as it tries to adjust to your surrounding.

You're laying in your bed, the blissfully warm sheets wrapping themselves around you like a lover's embrace. Ever so slightly, you move around and feel a wave of heat wharf from underneath the fabrics. This gust of wind reminds you of how much you enjoy sleep as you begin to cuddle up into the blankets once more. However, the loud protest of your friend jolts you from paradise.

"Agh, come on (Y/N)! We have to get ready if we want to get there early! You promised me you'd come with me, so don't you dare back out now!"

You give a large sign, followed by a deep groan. "Just five more minutes, mom..."

At this point, your friend has grown impatient with your drowsy attitude "Dude, I'm not your mom. We live on our own, remember? This is Hailey, your soon to be ex-roommate of 2 years? Hailey, your bestfriend for God knows how long? Hailey?" You just grumbled at her words.

Hailey huffs and decides to take matters into her own hands. She suddenly grips your bedsheets, tugging the sheets right off your sleeping body in a last ditch effort to wake you. The open air leaves you nothing but the harsh cold of your room; you groan loudly and cover your head with a nearby pillow.

Now Hailey gets serious

"Alright, (Y/N). Up and at'em!" You're viciously tugged from your bed, your hands failing to grab any sort of life preserver that may have saved you in your time of need. The hard floor is the first thing to greet your bottom, followed by the sharp pain of landing.

You grit your teeth as you howl in protest, "Hailey, what the Hell?! I was in the middle of sleeping, you know!" Your (E/C) eyes drifted upwards, soon noticing your friend's triumphant smile. A playful rage begins to bubble up inside of you as you lunged for her legs, bringing her down to the cold, hard floor. Once she landed, you began ruffling her sandy blond curls, creating a prosperous amount of knots. Hailey retaliates, running her fingers through your bedhead, giving birth to a piece of art you could only describe as a rat king's nest.

Soon your sleepy rage begins to die down as the two of you start laughing together, clutching your stomachs as a fit of giggles escaped. See the thing is; you can never be angry with your best friend, even if she had just dragged you out of bed against your will. Besides, you'll get her back eventually. One day

Hailey is the first to rise from the floor, her hands desperately trying to fix the contorted mess called her hair. "So, now that you're up, can we please get ready now? I don't want to be late for the convention"

Ah yes, that's why she wanted you up. In your drowsy state you had completely forgotten what day it was; it was the day you two were supposed to go to that Youtube convention in town. It was a massive gathering of all the big Youtubers featuring their own panels, meetups, talks and so much more. It was going to be the happiest place on earth!

Or so Hailey says. You didn't have an opinion since you didn't understand this whole 'Youtube' thing at all. It was just normal people videotaping themselves to make money; what's the big deal?

This day was supposed to be for Hailey, a going away gift that you two had decided on. Well, you didn't really want to go, but it meant so much to your friend that you couldn't possibly say no. This was going to be the last week you guys spend time with each other for a very long time, so it was your duty to make it the best week of your lives. As young adults, you were destined to move off to bigger things eventually. For you, that meant moving to London to continue your studies, leaving your friend behind in America.

When you had first told Hailey you planned to move away, she was crushed. When you mentioned it was far away in London, she was absolutely devastated. The two of you had been inseparable since 3rd grade ever since you accidently threw a bucket of sand into her eyes on the playground. After a kid-fueled fist fight, a mandatory separation from a teacher and a few sandy tears, you two became the best of friend. One would think you were sisters from another mister, if you will.

All throughout elementary school, through the awkward years of highschool and eventually the 2 years of university, you were always by each other's side. In the best of times and the worst of times, you two stuck it out. You were even there for her first breakup in the 10th grade, bringing her mountains of kleenex and an abundance of ice cream whenever she so much as whimpered her ex's name. Now you could laugh about it together and agree on one simple thing; Yes, Richard was such a dick.

But now all that felt like it was coming to an end as you were scheduled to move away in a weeks time. You had most of your boxes packed, stacked and tucked away in the corner of your room ready to be transported. Since it was like you were starting a new life, you felt the need to pack rather light, only bringing the most important things with you. Your spunky bed sheets, that funny lamp you got at a garage sale for 5$, the poster of those two demon hunter guys Hailey had gotten signed for you when she went to a convention in San Diego (You didn't know what the show was, but Hailey was so happy to give it to you that you couldn't just leave it behind), and most importantly your favorite stuffed animal.

You were leaving so many things behind so you could start a new life.  Of course, you would never forget the things of you past; you would never forget the friendship you had formed with your quirky friend. Your soul sister, Hailey.

That boss ass bitch you have the privilege to call your best friend

You were jolted from your thoughts when Hailey walked in front of you, already half dressed. She was wearing a black and white striped shirt and sporting stylish black leggings. She had her head tilted to the side as she began tying her long blond hair into a bun, pouting every time her ponytail wasn't positioned right. To her side her purse jingled with a numerous amount of keychains, all these images of what you assumed were these Youtubers logos. She looked at you behind her glasses, her eyes wide in disbelief. "Have you been standing there this entire time?! We have to get ready to go!"

You shake your head, panic flooding through you. Ah yes, you had to be at the convention by 2pm! What time was it now!? You swiftly ran towards you messy bed and reached from your phone on the bedside table and expected the absolute worst. You could get a shower in 5 mins, right? Do your hair, brush your teeth, eat breakf-

8:32am

You turn your head to glare at your friend, a dark cloud floating around your head as you contemplate how much time you could've had to sleep some more. Hailey lets out a sheepish laugh. "What? Better to be early than on time I always say. And besides-" She reached into her tingling bag and pulled out two lanyards; their passes to get into the convention. "There's gonna be a huge lineup to get in, so I want to be the first one there!"

She tossed the lanyard towards you, earning a sloppy catch on your part. You looked at the ticket inside the plastic wrapping; a red box with a white triangle inside. This was the youtube logo, yeah? You were 100% sure that it was even though you didn't visit the site very often. Sure, you watched the notorious cat videos, enjoyed the many Vine compilations that have graced the internet and seen a few of those viral videos that float around once and a while.

However, you never really cared about the main attraction; The Youtubers.

Sure, you heard that there's some funny ones, people that document their lives, people that react to things, comment over video games, beauty tutorials, yada yada yada. And yet... it never really captivated you for some reason. As Hailey put it, you were quite the oddball. But truthfully you would rather be lost in your own world of reading, studying and the occasional art attack you affectionately called doodling. You didn't like to share your drawings with the world, but the images Hailey had found were praised to the fullest.

You weren't a fan of being in the spotlight either. Too much attention made you blush up a storm. Another thing Hailey would fondly point out.

Ah crap, you spaced out again. You placed the lanyard on your bedside table and proceeded to get yourself ready for the big day.You waved Hailey away with a smile, encouraging her to make herself breakfast before you two left. Today was going to be quite the event and you knew Hailey was going to love it. If it's for your friend, you'd gladly do anything to make her smile before you go away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The two of you had finally made it to the destination; the Youtube convention. Even though you were ready for 12pm, the parade of screaming fans was already insane. The line from the doors traveled all the way down the street, the busy intersections causing a space where the fans would dare not stand in fear of being hit by a car. The swarm of people and the immense height of the buildings around you made you feel slightly claustrophobic.You looked towards Hailey, expecting a reasonable explanation.

Hailey's eyes lit up in amazement at the sight. "Wow! What did I tell you? This thing is going to be so awesome! Look at all the fans, all the people here to see their heros! I feel like I might faint, (Y/N)! Hold me~" She began to wobble in a dramatic tone, flailing her limbs everywhere as she waited for you to catch her. Being the good friend you are, of course you did.

After a few moments of her playing dead in your arms, you tapped your foot impatiently. "Okay, Hailey. Can we get to our spot at the end of the line before it builds up more? I know you want to get in early." With that, Hailey jumped from your arms and began running to the end, screeching along with the other girls as she passed them. You shook your head, what had you gotten yourself into?

You walked along the row of girls and the few guys, listening on their mingled conversations

"I can't wait to see Tyler! What colour do you think he dyed his hair now? I hope it's lilac again..."

"Jack's going to be here! I can't wait to show him my hair, I coloured it green just for him!"

"Julien and Jenna are so cute together. Do you think they'd let me take a picture with them?"

"Are any of you apart of the Fam Squad? You? Awesome!"

"BARRELS!"

The sudden outburst of that young man startled you, causing you to jump away in fright. Hailey looked back at you and laughed as she continued down the track. You began to sweat as you walked a little faster, wanting to distance yourself from these odd, nonsensical people.

In what felt like forever, you had reached the end of the line.

Thank God

You stood beside Hailey and watched her bounce up and down with pure excitement. Her eyes were shining in a way you hadn't seen in a while, almost like a kid at Christmas who had received a chrome ipad and a Star Wars lego set to go with it. 'A weird metaphor', you thought to yourself. Embarrassingly enough, you were always coming up with some goofy sentences like that. It made you look like such a dork.

Time ticked by. Ticked by once again. And again. And again, until finally...

A wave of screams erupted from the people in front of you as the figures began to move forward in a hurried fashion, some people pressing up against one another as they begged for access to a few more centimeters closer to the entrance. You looked at Hailey and saw a cheshire grin plastered on her face

"Are you ready?!" She practically screamed at you, her hands shaking frantically. She was so excited that she began to cry a little, her eyes filling with the warm essence of tear. She brought a shaky hand to her mouth and laughed a maniac's laugh. You couldn't help but burst into a fit of giggles, this ridiculous display of delirium becoming a sight to behold.

So here you were. In line with your best friend who is spilling unforseen tears while you're left holding back laughter of an earthquake's magnitude. This was already turning out to be an amazing day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You eventually made it to the front of the line, the doors of the convention looming in front of you as they tempted you with what was inside. They beckoned, enticed, commanded you to take a glance at all it held; to behold all of it's hidden treasures.

Of course in this case, the treasure inside was the odd internet people called Youtubers.

You and Hailey showed the guards at the doors your tickets, earning a low grunt of approval from them as they waved you inside. The two of you began you journey inside the building, unprepared for what lies ahead. With a few steps forward, you made it inside the belly of the beast.

The area in the main lobby was humongous, it's shear size capable of holding the insane amount of people that flooded through the door without breaking a sweat. The building had two floors, with the upper one being an open deck area where hundreds of onlookers plotted their next area of attack. With just one look, you could already tell that certain people all loved the same person.

For example, a group of young women all had their hair dyed red at the top while the one man accompanying them had his moustache dyed a bright pink. On their shirts they bore a large, prominent 'M' and held a tiny plush box in their arms. To the right of you, you could see some kids wearing green shirts with a floating eyeball as the design. One of the children was even trying to imitate an irish accent. While it was cute, you had to admit it was an awful attempt at an accurate accent; it sounded british more than anything.

Hailey must've noticed your confused looks when you surveyed the people. She tapped your shoulder and pointed towards them. "The people in red are fans of a man named Markiplier, he's a let's player. Y'know, the video game commenter." She pointed to the children next. "These guys are fans of a guy known as Jacksepticeye; lets player as well. The eye that you see is his mascot for his channel. See?" She pulled on a keychain from her purse, revealing the exact same eye from their shirts. "He's one of the Youtubers I follow. He's going to be here today! So we definitely have to see him for an autograph, okay?"

You gave her a smile and nodded. Man, there was so much you needed to learn about these Youtubers. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw something new. It was what looked like a dog mascot walking around the crowd, their bright neon fur tinged with orange and white speckles. You pointed towards the animal. "What part of Youtube is that?" you asked innocently.

Hailey grabbed your arm and quickly escorted you away from that part of the convention, her head hung low. "That's a furry. We don't go there, alright (Y/N)? Just keep walki- Hey, don't look back!"

Hailey tightened her grip and dragged you through the crowd, he gaze forward and determined as she scoped the place for a panel to fangirl over. As her friend, you would be there for every step of this crazy way.

Unknowingly to the both of you, this one convention would be the introduction you needed to the wacky, insane world that Youtube has to offer. With every step you take, it brings you closer to the one you never would've met if it weren't for this funny twist of fate.

Hailey looked back at you with a grin as she continued to drag you through the swarm of people. It was really hard to hear what she was saying, but you managed to gather the bare minimum of what she was saying.

"(Y/N), do you know the Youtuber called Daniel Howell?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

595K 36.2K 100
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
133K 4.9K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
276K 11.3K 40
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
189K 8.2K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...