Love and Fame

By JeanineEmad

Brittany Calasto, or better known as 'Joe Calasto's daughter' was born and raised in Manhattan New York. Thin... More

Love and Fame
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter Fifteen

35 0 0
By JeanineEmad

Brittany’s POV

            It’s a few weeks after the funeral and I have never seen Luke more happy. I feel like whenever I’m around him he just lights up and forgets everything. “Do you still want to go to prom?” I ask.

            He lightly kisses my lips and nods his head. “I have a surprise on that night for you so nothing could back me out of it.”

            “What would that surprise be?” I ask and he laughs.

            “You’ll just have to wait till prom night to find out.” He says and I pout like a little girl. “Even though you look freaking adorable with that face this surprise is way too big to spoil.” I smile and give up.

            “Fine, don’t tell me. I could wait another week.” I say walking into his house behind him. We’ve gone for a walk from my house to his.

            “Hey Mrs. Anderson, how are you doing?” I say giving her a hug a kiss. She hugs me back and kisses me on my head.

            “Everything just fine sweetie, is Luke treating you alright?” She asks. She’s one strong lady I swear if I ever lost my husband I would be anything but happy. I guess they’re just a happy family and I’m sure Mr. Anderson wouldn’t want them to cry over him. He is in a better place after all. I could tell Luke and Trisha have a best friend bond. They do really love each other and they’re smiles are perfect when they are around each other. I really am happy they are coping pretty well.

            “He’s treating me perfectly. I truly love him.” I say and she smiles.

            “You guys are going to get married one day aren’t you?” She asks and I blush.

            “I plan on it.” Luke says walks over to me wrapping his arms over my back kissing the side of my head.

            “Well you have my approval. I love Brittany like she’s my own daughter.” Trisha says and I laugh to myself.

            “I’m only eighteen.” I say and Luke laughs.  

            “Age is just a number sweetie.” He says with a smile. I look at him embarrassed and kisses my forehead. “I never loved anyone the way I love you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know we’re still in high school but I don’t care, all I want is you.”

            I blush as he says this and look down at my hands not knowing what to say. A few seconds later I look at him and smile. “That is seriously the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me. I love you so much.” I say pecking him on the lips.

            “I love you more baby.” He says and I hide my face in my hair so he doesn’t see my blush. He moves my hair behind my ear and kisses my warm cheeks. “I don’t know why you’re hiding your blush. I think it’s adorable.”

            Trisha coughs and I forget she’s their. “Although, I love you guys together and all, but this is awkward.”

            “Sorry mom.” Luke says with an embarrassed smile on his face and I chuckle.

            “It’s fine, I’m just going to get back to work. I’ll see you guys later?”

            “You’ll see him later, I need to go dress shopping for prom. So I’ll probably see you tomorrow, or whenever Luke decides to brings me.” I say with a smile. I kiss her cheek and hug her before she walks out of the house. 

            “Why can’t I take you dress shopping?” Luke asks and I laugh in his face.

            “It has to be a surprise. There’s no convincing me, no matter what you say.” I say and he smiles at me and kisses my cheek.

            “Do you need a ride home or is Brad taking you home?”

            “Brad has his car.” I say and he nods his head. “I’ll see you tomorrow right?” He nods his head. “Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow morning in class.”

~*~

            It’s prom night and Chloe and I are in my room getting our dresses on, my father paid someone to come to the house to do our hair and makeup. Chloe is about to leave my house to meet her date back at her house. “I’ll see you there, you look so beautiful by the way, just like a bride.” Chloe says hugging me.

            “Thanks and you look like a princess.” I say hugging her back. “Thank you for being such a great friend. I know I could count on you for anything.” She looks me in the eye and a tear rolls down my cheek and she wipes it away.

            “You don’t need to thank me, you’re like a sister to me of course I’ll do anything for you.” She says with a smile on her face. “Now, don’t cry, you’ll ruin your makeup.” She says and I laugh.

            “Okay, I promise no more crying.” I say with a smile. I push her out the door. “Go, you’re going to be late.” I say and she laughs.

            “I’ll see you in a little.” She yells over her shoulder, slams the door shut, and drives away. I look at myself in the mirror and smile at my reflection. I’m wearing a white puffy dress with crystal sewn into the top part, and the puffy part is made of tool. I have crystal headband in my hair and it’s in an up-do with little curls falling around my face. The doorbell rings and my father answers it and strikes up a conversation with Luke for a little.

            “Oh Brittany, get your butt down here, your date is here.” My father yells from the stairs and I laugh to myself walking out of my room bringing my pink clutch with me. I grab my camera and run down the stairs excited to see Luke. I run up to him and hug him grabbing my camera.

            After the pictures with Luke, I take a few pictures with my father, since he got dressed up just for this moment. Luke pulls the corsage onto my wrist and I pin a flower to his tuxedo. I take a picture with my dad and with Luke and I smile while looking at it. “My two favorite guys in the world.” I say giving each of them a kiss on the cheek. “I love you guys.”

            “Love you, too.” They both say with the same smile on their face. “We should get going, don’t want to ruin the surprise.” Luke says with a smirk and I look at my father and he just shrugs refusing to tell me.

            As soon as we enter the room for the prom, Luke walks me to the dance floor. People look at us. Most of everyone in the room say hi to us. Luke goes to dance with a few of his friends and I grab Chloe away from Crystal. After a few songs, the principle walks up onto stage and quiets everyone down. “It’s time to announce prom King and Queen.” He says and everyone cheers. “Okay, so for prom queen we have, Brittany Calasto.” He says I look at Chloe and she pushes me up onto the stage. I look around the students lost for words. “And for every Queen there has to be a special King.” He says into the microphone while the class president hands over the crown. “The prom King is Luke Anderson.” The principle says not at all surprised. Luke runs up to the stage, lifts me in his arms and spins me in a circle. Everyone starts to awe and laugh. I blush and laugh embarrassed. Luke accepts his crown and walks me down to the middle of the dance floor where everyone gathers in a circle for us. Hero by Enrique Iglesias blasts through the speakers and Luke wraps his arms around my waist and I wrap mine around his neck.

            “Is this your plan? Have us win Prom King and Queen?” I ask forcing my forehead to touch his.

            “Part of it.” He says taking my hand in his and spinning me around. “Will you be my queen for everyday to come?” He asks just as the song ends.

            “What are you getting at?” I ask and he get’s on one knee, I look at him with my mouth wide open. He looks up at me with a cheesy smile on his face.

            “Brittany, I want to be with you for the rest of my life, I don’t want to be stupid and let you go for someone else to claim them yours. Since the moment I saw you walk through that classroom door, I knew you were the one for me. Will you marry me?” At this point, I’m in tears and speechless I don’t know what to say honestly. I look at him in the eye and he mouths, “Please.” I take his hand in mine and force him to stand up. I press my lips to his for a few seconds before pulling away. “Is that a yes?” He whispers in my ear.

            “I wouldn’t kiss you if I didn’t want to marry you.” I say and he picks up bridal style and spins me in a circle smiling like crazy. Everyone starts to cheer around us. He puts me down and slams his lips to mine. I smile like crazy and everyone comes up to us telling us that is the most romantic way to propose. “Thank you so much.” I say to Luke and he looks at me confused. “For making me the happiest girl ever.” I say.

            “I’ll do anything to make you happy.” He says besides me. We decided to sit down for a little, letting everything sink in.

            “I have to tell my father.” I say and he nods. I walk to the bathroom and dial my father’s number.

            “Hello?” He answers on the second ring.

            “Daddy, guess what?” I say and my father chuckles at my excitement. “Luke proposed.” I say and father start to laugh. “You knew didn’t you?” I ask and he laughs a little more before saying he picked out the ring. I laugh and cry at the same time. “Is anyone with you?” I ask.

            “No, I’m all alone, I might go out with Robert and a few other people in a few minutes though.”

            “Have fun daddy. I love you.”

            “I love you too, congratulations.”

            “Thank you.” We hang up and I walk up to Luke at the table, “So what do you want to do my fiancé.”

            “Whatever you want to do.” He says smiling.

            “Than let’s go dance.” I say grabbing his hand and running to the dance floor. Even though it’s up beat music we slow dance and I put my head on his shoulder getting comfortable. “I can’t believe you proposed.” I whisper in his ear.

            “Well I didn’t want you for someone else. I’m possessive to something I love.” He says and I smile. “I love you so much Brittany.”

            “I love you, too.” I whisper. I lift my head to look him in the eyes and he leans in to kiss me. I close my eyes and smile into the kiss. “I’m literary shaking right now.” I say. “Everyone is going to know by tomorrow afternoon.” I say.

            “Fuck them. It honestly doesn’t matter what they say. If you’re happy with your life why would you care what the outside world thinks?”

            “You’re right, as of right now I’m going to stop caring what the world thinks of me.” I take him to the table so we could eat some food. “What do you think if we ditch this prom and go somewhere else?”

            “Where would you like to go?” He asks.

            “Let’s go to the beach?” I say and he shakes his head with a smile.

            “Are you sure you want to go to the beach with that dress on?” He asks and I laugh to myself.

            “No silly, we’ll go back to my place and get comfy. And than we can go to the beach.” I say.

            “Well thank goodness I bought an extra pair of clothes.” He says with a smile on his face. I wouldn’t want to go to the beach with an expensive tuxedo.”

            “So let’s go.”

            We’re walking on the beach and I notice a huge group of people in a circle. I walk up to one of the people and ask them what’s going on. Brad and Mike are somewhere on the beach with us I don’t know exactly where but that’s a good thing because I want to be here with Luke and Luke only, so I’m glad they’re giving us space for ourselves.

            “Oh huge fight with two guys one of them isn’t breathing.” He says and I walk into the circle to find Robert standing up looking down at the person in front of him on the ground. I walk up to the person, Brian.

            “Robert what the hell happened here?” I ask shocked at him.

            “I couldn’t help my self. I’ve been waiting so long to do this. He hurt you Brittany, so I hurt him.” I wrap my arms around his back and he kisses my head. “And plus I heard him on the phone talking about how he’s not done with you.”

            “Well he is because guess what?” I ask with the biggest smile on my face. He looks at me telling me to go on. “Luke proposed, I’m getting married.” I say showing him the huge diamond ring my father picked out. He wraps me in his arms spinning me in a circle.

            “I’m so happy for you Brittany, now this son of a bitch could rot in hell.” We walk back out of the circle and meet up with Luke, Brad, and Mike. The people around us are whispering in each other ears, realizing what is going on. They start doing what they’re about to do before the fight. “Okay, so I made plans with your father and a few other co-workers and I’m actually running late because of the douche, so if you’ll excuse me.” He hugs me goodbye and walks off.

            “You guys truly are best friends aren’t you?” He asks and I nod my head. We sit on the sand and I relax into the sand playing with it. Someone taps me on the shoulder and I turn around to see who it was. I look to see Brian sitting there with his arm about to slap me I close my eyes waiting for the slap and open my eyes to see Luke tackles Brian to the floor. “Don’t fucking touch her you bitch.”

            “I’m not done with you Brittany, this isn’t fucking over. You hear me, I won’t let you marry this douche.”

            “You’re calling him a douche, well he’s not the one who goes around slapping girls for the hell of it Brian, get the hell out of my face, or I’ll call my lawyers.”

            “Oh, and what are lawyers going to do? Sue me send me to jail? I don’t fucking care I thought you loved me.”

            “Exactly, you thought? Well don’t think anymore because I’m fucking done with your shit, you don’t own me, I’m not your damn toy Brian.” I yell at him, he steps closer to me and I step back. “Don’t even dare come near me, or I will call the cops.” I say.

            “I’m not scared of the cops Brittany, call them for all I care.” He steps closer to me and grabs my wrist. Luke tries to shove him off but his grip is too tight. He shoves me to the floor and the next few seconds are like slow motion to me. Luke punches Brian right in the gut than in the head. Brian get’s a punch in the jaw, just a second later Brad and Mike run up to us pulling the boys off each other and I run into Luke’s arms. “This isn’t over Brittany.” Brian says while Mike and Brad pull him away from me just as I hear sirens. Luke wraps his arms around me and I look at his face.

            “How’s your jaw?” I ask and he smiles.

            “I didn’t even feel that punch.” He says with a chuckle. We both look to the direction Brian went to and see cops there talking to them. “Did you call the cops?”

            “No, probably Brad did while they were away, maybe that’s why they weren’t there earlier.” I say and Luke shrugs his shoulder.

            “I’m sorry this happened to you the night you got engaged. I was hoping it could have been the best night of your life.” He says and I just start to cry. “It’s okay, you don’t have to cry.” He says while rubbing my back. He picks me up and rest my head in his neck to hide my tears. I wrap my arms around his neck and look up to see we’re headed to the police cars.

            “Please, no, I don’t want to be anywhere near him.”

            “It’s okay, he’s locked up in the car anyway he can’t come out.”

            A few minutes after telling the cops my side of the story, they drive away with Brian in the back of their car and Luke brings him to his car and sits me down. “Do you want to go home?” He asks after leaving the beach.

            “Yes, I need to tell my dad what happened. You want to spend the night?” I ask and he shakes his head.

            “I can’t, I don’t want to leave my mom all by herself. She’s still not used to the fact that my father’s not coming back.” He says and I take his hand in mine.

            “You are the strongest person I know.” I whisper.

            “I don’t think so, I believe your so much stronger.” He says while I shake my head.

            He pulls into my driveway and we kiss each other good night before I walk into my house. My father is in the kitchen with Robert and I walk in on them talking about today. My father turns to look at me and runs up to me. I wrap my arms around him. “Are you okay?” My father asks.

            “I’m fine, he got arrested.” I say with a smile. “ I don’t want him to ruin my night, I just want to think about happy thoughts, like me being engaged and graduation that’s in two weeks.” I say with a yawn.

            “Okay, go to sleep and we’ll talk about this in the morning.” He says giving me a kiss on the forehead. “I love you.”

            “I love you too daddy.” I say before going upstairs to get ready for bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.2K 1.2K 46
To the average eye Kehlani King seemed to be your normal 19 year old girl that was two months fresh out of high school. Voted most likely to succeed...
14.4K 344 48
Then there was my mom. “I promised myself I wouldn’t cry,” she said wiping her eyes. “I promised myself I wasn’t going to have second thoughts,” I...
150 5 11
Valerie Caterina Bianchi is a 16 years old girl, with an American and Italian background. But after all she is American. She have a plan to go to her...
16.7K 399 39
It's been 5 years, everyone has changed and grown up. Isis is now famous singer called Mystique but you may think she has a great but every night she...