Broken |J. Hale| {1}

Bởi voidmadelaine

❝When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt.❞ {Book 1 of Am... Xem Thêm

Disclaimer + Summary
Cast + Playlist
|one|
|two|
|three|
|four|
|five|
|six|
|seven|
|nine|
|ten|
Sequel
Rewriting!

|eight|

1K 25 0
Bởi voidmadelaine

viii. thunderstorms & baseball

Today I was going with the Cullen's to play baseball. Thank god I like sports and I'm good at them, I used to do lots of sports. Including baseball.

My phone lit up so I picked it up to check the message.

~I'm outside, darlin' x

I smiled at the kiss on the end and put my phone in my pocket. I checked my appearance, which wasn't my usual attire.

I was wearing rather baggy leggings, a grey crop top with an oversized Nike dark blue jacket and Nike trainers.

I made my way down the stairs. Where my mom sat filling out some paperwork.

"Mom, there's someone I want you to meet," I say as I make my way to the door and letting Jasper inside.  "Mom this is Jasper... my boyfriend"

My mom smiles at Jasper kindly "It's nice to meet you, Jasper."

"It's nice to finally meet you as well. I'm taking Mara to play baseball with my family and I if that's okay?" He says, placing his hand on the top of my back.

"Yeah, that's fine," She says before turning to me "Don't be out too late, okay?"

I nod before walking out the door with Jasper. "Why do you need thunderstorms to play baseball?" I ask once we're on our way.

He just smirked at me "You'll see" I laughed shaking my head before smiling at him.

We arrived on a field and we made our way to the rest of the Cullen's and Bella.

"Are you playing?" Esme asks and I nodded, grinning "Which team?"

I ended up on Emmett's and Edward's team. I planted a kiss on Jasper's lips "Prepare to lose" I smirked and he laughed "We'll see, darlin'"

Rosalie was the first one up to bat and she hit it very hard and it went flying across the field but I used my powers to slow it down.

"That's cheating!" I heard Jasper shout while smiling.

I just shrugged "I'm not a vampire. So this is my only help!"

He just laughed shaking his head. And we carried on playing. Rose was out and Carlisle was up to bat. He hit the ball and I again slowed it down but as Emmett went for the ball so did Edward, ending up in them crashing into each other and falling onto the floor.

Now, it was Jasper's turn. He played with the bat, flipping it and catching it, sending a smirk my way. Alice threw the ball and he hit it and it soared through the sky but before anyone could catch it, Alice yelled "Stop!"

Jasper sped over to me and sped me back over to where all his family stood. He put his cap on me. And moved me behind him but keeps an arm around me.

"Get your hair down," Edward tells Bella.

Rosalie shoots Bella a dirty look "Like that'll help. I can smell them both from across the field"

Jasper turned to face me, his face reading a very worried expression "I'm so sorry I shouldn't have brought you here"

"It's okay" I say sounding as calm as I could. Three people emerged from the woods and I was on the verge of freaking out. They look just like the drawing I drew! Jasper must've noticed my discomfort since he laced his hand in mine.

The dark skinned one held up the baseball "I believe this belongs to you" He then tosses it to Carlisle, who catches it effortlessly. "Thank you"

The dark-skinned then introduced them all "I'm Laurent" He then turned to the redhead "That's Victoria" And then turned to a man, who was eyeing up me and Bella. And not in a good way. "And that's James".

Carlisle took a step forward "I'm Carlisle. And this is my family."

He smiled "Hello"

"I'm afraid your hunting activities have caused something of a mess for us" Carlisle says.

"My apologies. We didn't realise the territory had been claimed" Laurent said.

"Well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby," Carlisle says.

"Really? Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through" Laurent explained, then the redhead spoke up "The humans were tracking us, but we led them East. You should be safe"

Carlisle let out a small chuckle "Excellent"

"So, could you use three more players?" Carlisle hesitated so he spoke up again "Come on just one game"

"Sure why not, a few of us were leaving anyway. You can take their place"

"We'll bat first"

Victoria then caught the ball with ease "I'm the one with the wicked curveball"

"Well, I think we can handle that" Emmett smirked as me and Jasper were about to leave.

Victoria And Laurent started walking to the field but James kept his eyes switching between me, Jasper, Edward and Bella. He turned to walk away and so did we but a wind blew mine and Bella's hair from our necks.

James turned around "You brought snacks. A human and a witch"

This ended up with me and Bella pushed back and Esme in front of us while the rest stood in front of them.

"The girls are with us, I think it's best if you leave" Carlisle stated.

Laurent nodded slowly "I can see the game is over. We shall go now" He started walking away with Victoria, but James stood still "James." He called and the three of them walked away.

"Get the girls out of here. Now" Carlisle instructed and Jasper sped me over to his car, quickly getting ourselves in.

He started pulling off and speeding away "Jazz, you have to slow down! You'll crash!"

But he just laughed sarcastically "That's what you're worried about. Me crashing? Damnit, Mara! There's a vampire coming after you!"

"What are we going to do?" I ask, now very frustrated.

"We've got to kill him. Tear him up and burn him" He says.

"Jazz. Where are we going?!" I ask.

"Away from here. Away from Forks."

"No Jazz! No, please no! My mom and aunt are still at my house. We have to go back! Please, Jazz please!" I beg, tears beginning to stream down my face. I can't let my mom die because of me.

Jasper gives me a strained look but nonetheless drives back to my house. I have to tell my mom I'm leaving town. By doing so, I'll lead James away.

He pulls up and I get out of the car, running into my house.

My mom sees the anger radiating from me and approaches me "Whats wrong hun?" She asks, clearly worried.

"I've got to leave town mom." I say making my way up the stairs and into my room.

I see Jasper start helping me pack and I smile sadly at him. He places a soft kiss on my forehead.

Once all packed I leave my room and head to the front door. "Mara. Don't leave, please!"

"I'm going to Uncle Brians after I make sure Bella gets back home safely" I say and am about to leave when she grabs my wrist "Don't go. I'll get more time off of work. I'll be around more, just don't go. This is your home, Mars"

I take my hand back "It doesn't feel like it" I open the door and step out, slamming it behind me.

I see Bella's truck so I jump in the passenger seat and we start driving. That was until Edward jumped on the side of the car telling Bella to let him drive. She moved closer to me, letting him get in. "You should've seen his face" Bella said, looking down sadly. "I told him the same thing my mom told him when she left"

"Don't worry. He's safe. Your mom too, Amara. The trackers following us." Edward reassures.

Soon, there's a bang coming from behind us which makes me and Bella jump.

"It's just Emmett. Jasper's in the car behind us" He says.

We get to the Cullen household and exit the truck. I see Jasper speed over to me and pulls me into an embrace. And then he leads me inside. Where Carlisle is with Laurent.

Both Edward and Jasper bare their teeth at him but Carlisle stops them. "Wait. He came to warn us about James" He then gestures to Laurent for him to speak "This isn't my fight, I've grown tired of his games and he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in all my 300 years.

"And the woman, Victoria. Don't underestimate her." He then exits the house and we make our way to the garage.

"I've had to fight our kind before. They're not easy to kill" Jazz states.

Emmett shakes his head "But not impossible. We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces."

Carlisle sighs "I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even one as sadistic as James"

"What if he kills one of us first?" Rose asks, sitting up on the counter.

"Me and Jasper will run Bella and Amara south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" Edward asks but Carlisle shakes his head "No. James knows you guys won't leave them. He'll follow you"

Alice then approached us. "I can take them South, Emmett can come too."

Edward and Jasper don't look sure. Jasper starts to shake his head "I'll keep them safe. I promise"

"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" Edward asks and Alice nods "Yes". She then takes Bella to the car and I lead Jasper away from them.

"I'll see you soon okay?" I ask using my hand to cup his cheek. "Stay safe Jazz"

I go to walk away but instead I kiss him one last time but as I pull away, I tell him something I don't tell anyone, "I love you, Jasper Hale"

He smiles "And I love you, Amara Brooks"

Alice appears from behind Jasper "Let's go, Mars"

Jasper kisses me once more "I'll see you later, darlin'"

And with that, I get into the car, taking a seat next to Bella and Alice drives away from the garage.

|~|
awe! mara said she loves jasper! you'll see less jasara moments in the next chapter but you'll see some brave madeleine moments.
talk soon,
~els

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

35.9K 1.3K 21
my pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand ROSALIE HALE 𝒙 FEMALE OC ! TWILIGHT SAGA STAND-ALONE ©edenvgard
147K 4.7K 26
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍| ❝Why did you just leave me like that?❞ ❝Because I thought ...
844K 16.1K 34
She was his calm in the midst of the storm Twilight-New Moon
324K 7.8K 14
"i was just a casualty to you. isn't that right, major?" "you know that you were so much more than that." "do i?" [jasper hale x female OC] #33 Jaspe...