"The woman who gave birth to...

By RedRubyHood

Regina Mills mayor of a town called Storybrooke. decided to fill her emptyness by adopting a child. This did... More

Chapter 1: "The call"
Chapter 2: "Why so soon.."
Chapter 3: "The meeting"
Chapter 4: Once in Storybrooke..
Chapter 5: Strawberry Chapstick
Chapter 6: Late nights like this..
Chapter 7: "The talk"
Chapter 8: "Dinner time"
chapter 9: "Quality time"
chapter 10: "Keep it friendly"
Chapter 11: The kiss
Chapter 12: The morning after
Chapter 14: Heavy dinner
Chapter 15: Goodbye
Chapter 16: Catching up
Chapter 17: Stubborn
Chapter 18: Giving in
Chapter 19: Mixed signals
Chapter 20: Selfish
Chapter 21: The truth
Chapter 22: Family
Chapter 23: The next step
Chapter 24: He called me 'mom'.
Chapter 25: Life changing
Chapter 26: For what it's worth.
Chapter 27: Declaring love
Chapter 28: The woman who gave birth to his daughter
Chapter 29: Yes!
Chapter 30: Maid of honor.
Chapter 31: Weddingplanner
Chapter 32: The big day
Chapter 33: How love should be.

Chapter 13: Homesick

270 15 1
By RedRubyHood

'Why have you been reading my messages?' I ask Ruby in disbelief. 'For the record Emma, i haven't. The message popped up when i was looking at the time. And i'm not mad because of Regina.' - 'Then what are you mad about?' I ask confused. 'Emma, it's fine if you're seeing other women. Really, we're not together so you can do whatever you want. I just hate it when people lie to me. You could have said you were with her, instead of Henry.' - 'You're right, i should've been honest.' I look at her with an apoligizing gaze. 'Yes, you should have. Then maybe i wouldn't feel like such a fool right now.' She goes back to her work and i hesitate before i answer her. 'Ruby, i'm really sorry..' she turns around to get back at me. 'And here i was..thinking you actually liked me.' - 'I do like you, Ruby. It's not that i'm using you or anything.' At least i don't think i am.. I think to myself as Ruby forcing herself into a little smile. 'Em, it's fine. You should figure it out. Till then, i'm right here. Altho you won't be in a week..i'll get over it.' She gives me a wink and turns around again. After a moment Granny comes back from the kitchen to serve me my breakfast.
_______________________________________

It's the weekend and i'm in the kitchen making coffee. Henry is upstairs playing video games. I notice i have a text message and i'm hoping it's from a certain miss Swan.

E: Definitley.
...

That's a yes! I can't help but smile, but also feel a little weird. No, regina.. you were so close not letting her in. What do i do.. how can i stop this? I think to myself as i make up excuses. I can't be with her like that. I decide to text her again.

R: Rain check on the wine, i mean. I don't want to give you the wrong idea.

I immediatley regret this, but it's for the best. I treat myself to a morning coffee and wait for Emma to respond. Finally my phone buzzes.

E: Noted.

After a few minutes Henry comes down. 'Goodmorning mom, how about breakfast at Granny's?' - 'Hi sweety, that's a great idea. Let me get my bag'. I grab my bag and we put on our coats as we make our way to Granny's.

When we arrive at Granny's i spot a blonde woman with a red leather jacket. Of course.. she stays here. The annoying bell rings when Henry and i enter the door. Ruby is taking an order at a table when she looks up. 'Goodmorning Mayor Mills, i'll be right with you.' She says polite and Emma turns around when she hears my name. Oh no. Should i greet her? I think to myself when Emma takes the lead. 'Hi Henry, how are you kid?' Henry looks up, running towards Emma and embraces her with a warm hug. I join my son at the bar as he greets her. 'Goodmorning, miss Swan. Care to join us?' - 'Thank you, miss Mills, but i actually just finished my breakfast and about to head out.' She says with a straight face. She faces Henry 'See you later kid?' Henry nodds and Emma leaves the door.

Henry and i make our way over to a table when Ruby comes to join us to take our order. 'What can i get you? Today's special is a mixed omelet. It kinda doesn't know what it is.' I look back at Ruby and think about it for a moment while she waits for me to respond. 'That sounds great. I'll have that.' - 'Yeah, thought so. And how about you Henry?' He thinks about it for a moment. 'I'll have pancakes, please!' He says enthusiastic. Ruby leaves to get us our order and i take out my phone to send Emma a text.
______________________________________

I walk around town, really missing New York at the moment. I screwed up with Ruby. Regina is screwing up with me and i don't know what to do. The only reason to stay in this town is Henry. I really feel like going back to work, without any drama. Well, there's a lot of crime. I'd rather fight crime at this point. I feel my phone buzz and it's Regina.

R: Are you okay? You seemed a little off this morning.

Oh, really Mayor Mills? Really? Screw you. I find a wooden bench and i take the opportunity to sit down. As i look in the distance all i see is the ocean. I grab my phone and dial Tamara's phone number. After a minute she picks up.

T: 'Em, my girl! How is lonelybrooke?'

E: 'Hey T. I'm coming home.'

T:'Oh hell yes you are! I'm falling apart without you. Greg is being stressed out. This New Jersey agent who covers you, is a pain in the ass! And i need ice cream and a good movie with you.'

E:' Haha T, calm down! I miss you too. I have to tell Henry first. I'll be back in like 2 days or so.'

T: 'Great, we'll catch up then. Call me when you're home. I have to go now. Greg needs me to do paperwork. Love you!'

E:' Wow, good luck. Bye!'

I hang up on Tamara and text Regina back.

E: Can i see Henry today? I have to tell him something. Feel free to join.
...
R: Oh, sure. Dinner tonight at 6 at the mansion?
...
E: See you tonight.

To be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 2.8K 87
De mannen weten allemaal dat er iets moet gebeuren. Want op deze manier kan Matthyas niet langer doorleven. TW: -vervelende gedachtes -depressie -ze...
1.4K 51 20
Welkom in Casa del huts, waarin jij (bo) de dochter van Robbie en Jamie bent, maar niet alles soepel loopt, omdat je nog wel eens struggelt met je me...
10.8K 292 21
5 jongens, in een afkickkliniek. Allemaal een eigen verslaving, maar ook allemaal maar één doel. Sober worden
4.7K 377 17
"It's a solo song and it's only for the brave." Zielsverwanten, soulmates. Bijna iedereen heeft wel iemand die zijn soulmate is. Je wordt geboren met...