CALLA : BOOK II

By harui30

My name is Calla Lind. Ever since my reawakening, I have live my life the way I wanted. I was able to be Call... More

1 : Broken Engagement
2 : Sick Leave
3 : Second Favor
4 : Invitation
5 : Aion's Game
6 : On Stage
7 : Seven Challenges
8 : The Duo
9 : The Prize
10 : Birthday Gift
11 - Don't Know
12 - Bothered
13 - Another Chess Game
14 - Dinner
15 - Akaoto
16 - I Won't
17 - Move On
18 - Their Agreement
19 - Lunch
20 - I Can't
21 - Prince Charming
22 - Back to Work
23 - Playboy Prince
24 - Date
25 - Not Me
26 - Paparazzi
27 - Cut The Source
28 - Control Media
29 - Protect
30 - Uncontrollable
31 - Endure
32 - Reaction
33 - Mother
34 - Thorns
35 - A Rose Without Thorns
36 - Cannot Help
37 - Cold
38 - Calls
39 - So What?
40 - Shopping
41 - Kidnapped
42 - Blame
43 - If You're Hurt
44 - Revenge
45 - Disable
46 - New York
47 - Piano
48 - Broken
49 - Silence
50 - Graduation
52 - Rejection
53 - Friends
54 - Violet Calla Lily
Letter to Readers

51 - Forgiveness

64.4K 1.9K 68
By harui30

Forgive Rose? Forgive my parents?

It had never crossed my mind to forgive anyone. Yes, I had been angry and resentful but I never wanted the words "sorry" or "I was wrong" from them. All I wanted was acceptance.

For Rose to ask for my forgiveness was strange to me. What is it there for me to forgive when I never needed her apology? While she pleaded with tears, I was confused. Why was she crying? What did she expect for me to say? What did she expect for me to do? Did she want me to comfort her with false words and hug her to ease her pain?

Did she think that everything will be beautiful and perfect – that our family will be normal if we cry and hug it out? The problem was our family was never normal to begin with – never perfect or beautiful.

We're both adults. Even though my body held a 19 year old young woman, I've already lived pass 25 years. Rose is already 21 years old. For us, our innocent childhood had long expired. I was never a part of that whole, sweet, and happy family. She should realize that my relationship with my parents is beyond her control now. Instead of clinging to the childish belief that we can still be a happy family, Rose should accept things as they are now.

"Rose" I took my sister hand, holding it tightly because I wanted her to hear my words. "There is nothing for me to forgive..."

"Calla..."

I shook my head quietly as I let go of her hand.

"There are things in this world we cannot change"

People's heart and feelings sometime can never be change. Even if I were to return once again to the past, I will not be able to change my parent's feelings for me. For them, Rose will forever be their beloved child. I will always be the afterthought child.

"Rose" For the first time, I truly smile at Rose. "Thank you"

I needed to thank Rose. If not for my sister, my complexity toward her, I would not be where I am and who I am today – a stronger Calla Lind.

"Calla, please don't leave" Rose said sadly as I stood from my seat. "I still have so much to say"

"It's not like we're never going to see each other again Rose" I laughed softly. "For today, let's stop here. There are people waiting for me"

Even though she didn't want to let me go, she had no choice but to watch as I turn to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20K 410 27
He loved me, but he loves me too. He says to trust him, not to let go, and he wants a life with me. Either way, it wouldn't matter. For what lies ah...
6.6K 107 30
"I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of history repeating itself" I whispered out. He grabbed my chin to make me look him in the eye, "I didn't hear yo...
578K 14.3K 87
Her simple life was being abandoned by her parents and tossed away by the one she loves for a single person whom she thought was like her sister, but...
172K 6.7K 29
I was a stupid... thinking he loves me... never he did and never he will do it... i thought his friendship, his care, his talks as love... i was stup...