Walking On Thin Ice

By KayyyBrown

Hockey journalist Kiondra Harris and star hockey defenseman Branson Miller cannot stand each other's presence... More

Walking On Thin Ice: Interracial Romance
CH 1: Workplace Rivals
CH 2: Dinner With Kevin
CH 3: Surprise
CH 4: Rough Night
CH 5: Morning Kisses
CH 7: Turning Point
CH 8: Giving It A Try
CH 9: Contemplating
CH 10: Questions
CH 11: Goodbyes
CH 12: Uh-Oh
CH 13: Hearts Don't Break Even
AUTHOR'S NOTE: A series?
CH 14: I Quit
CH 15: Forgive Me
CH 16: Confessions
CH 17: Date Night
CH 18: Reunions & New Chapters
CH 19: Old Dogs, New Tricks
CH 20: Confirmation
CH 21: A Change In Plans
CH 22: It Isn't Easy
CH 23: Wedding
CH 24: Roses

CH 6: You Can't Avoid Me

15.9K 590 165
By KayyyBrown

CHAPTER SIX

~ Branson ~

I can't believe I kissed her...and enjoyed it! How can I go from hating someone to wanting to hold them? Her skin was so soft, her lips like the purest drug, and that figure I once thought was fat felt so right in my hands. Her body molded into mine like we were made for each other. Then she tells me I should go!

As I sit in my car with a raging erection, all I can do is fight the desperate urge to bust back into her house and make love to her. It's like she poured gasoline and set a fire within me that's turning into an inferno. At least I get to see her Monday.

I drive home and climb into bed not wanting to wash the scent of her velvety skin or the taste of her lips off just yet. I fall into a lust filled sleep...

============================

~ Kiondra ~

Sunday flew by unfortunately. I couldn't shake the memories of Branson-both good and bad-from my head.

My alarm clock goes off at 7:45 AM sharp and Bone Thugs 'N' Harmony's "Thuggish Ruggish Bone" fill my ears. Damn it! I don't even want to get up. But I have a meeting with Kevin about the interview. I hope my notes are enough, it was wise to get them out of the way before my night went to hell. I involuntarily shiver at the memory of that night. I so don't wanna see Branson.

Looking through my closet I settle on a fitted charcoal grey and white polka dot maxi dress and with three-quarter sleeves and white suede wedges. I put on a silver diamond necklace and studs to for my hair being pulled into a messy high bun.

Finishing it off with mascara and a small cat eye, I grab my oversize white purse with my work folder and leave to pick up a muffin and tea.

By the time I make it to work, it's 8:55. I have five minutes so I clock in and head to Kevin's office only to run into other Kevin on the way there. He's totally been screwing Isis!

"Hey Kev what's up?" He's smiling ear to ear.

"Just enjoying time with Isis."

"You mean the sex right?" His cheeks turn a bright read. Caught!

"Yeah and her in general. I really do love her and she loves me." AWWW! It's about damn time.

"I'm so happy for you! I've gotta go so tell Isis I said hi and I'm glad she's alive." I'm surprised they're alive and well after all the boning they did. After laughing loudly, he leaves and goes towards the ice rink.

Kevin's door is cracked and he's sitting at his desk. At least he's not naked this time.

"Hey Kevin" I hear a distinct sucking noise "Hey Tamara." Her head of blonde hair bounces as she pops up.

"Hey. How'd the date go?" Horrible. Strange. Infuriating.

"Uh interesting Tamara." She nods and puts her head back under the desk. Do they ever stop screwing?!

"Here's the interview stuff Kevin. Have a good morning and I'll close the door behind you." He grunts his reply. Apparently Tamara loves her some chocolate.

Walking down the long hallway, I spot Branson with a crisp white t-shirt and dark wash jeans. He actually looks delicious. Kiondra! Stop! What are you thinking? He's a womanizing asshole. Keep it moving! I take a few deep breaths and begin to walk.

I feel his eyes glued to me but I dare not look at him. I can't stand to see him right now. I'm not wimp by any means, but if he's capable of being ridiculously cruel like he was Friday, surely he'd do it again. That kiss meant nothing, absolutely nothing. I hurry up and almost sprint to my cubicle.

I do the first thing I'd usually do in an emergency: call Isis. Please let her pick up!

"Hey girl!"

"Hey Isis glad you're alive after your weekend long boning session."

"Girl you know I've wanted Kevin for the longest time! But man he's hung like a horse"

"Oh God too much information! Anyway you got my texts about the whole Branson thing right?" I hear her laughing hysterically. That bitch.

"Yeah so is it awkward today?"

"Hell yes! What should I do?"

"Sex yourself up! Relax, go steal a glass from that dumb blonde in accounting. Krissy?"

"Kelley"

"Whatever and play it cool. No sudden moves just yet. Okay?"

"Yeah Isis. Thanks girl!"

"You know I got you! Bye" We hang up and I was still unsure of how I was going to handle this.

Taking the elevator to one level above us, I stop at the accounting office and have small talk with the secretary Kelley. She's really pretty, but dumber than a rock. At least she's nice. We each have a decent size glass of wine and I feel a lot more relaxed. I don't even care it's against the policy- if they want me to survive this day, they better keep their mouths shut. Kelley drinks like a fish all the time anyway.

I think she needs an AA program.

When I finally get back to my desk I have a new email from Kevin saying the meeting isn't needed and that he loved my interview. Thank you God!

For the most part, the day flew by and I made a point to dart near my desk so I didn't have to be seen by Branson. We have about two months until the regular hockey season starts. Then everything is smooth sailing for us and the athletic division gets to work their asses off like we have to during the off-season.

As I clock out and leave the building, I collide with no one other than Branson. He looks at me intently and I feel nervous almost instantly.

"You've been avoiding me." His voice is deep and jagged.

"No I hav-" he cuts me off.

"Yes you have. What's your problem?!" He raises his voice and I become agitated and anxious. His eyes bore into mine and I feel my anxiety and fear bubbling up inside of me. Fuck what Isis said! I can't play it cool. I'm actually kind of afraid.

"ANSWER ME!" He booms and I can't take it. I let out a squeal as my eyes start to water. He reaches for me, but I run. I sprint to my car barely looking for incoming traffic. I see him chasing me and I throw my bag inside and drive off.

For the first time in my life, a man has scared me...

============================

~ Branson ~

I'm such an idiot! Seeing her Monday in that sexy ass dress that she filled out drive me crazy. I wanted to see her, but she kept avoiding me. I just wanted to see her face. It's been haunting my dreams for all day and night!

Even worse, everyday this week she wouldn't even come in my general director. I still mentally kick myself for scaring her. I saw the fear in her eyes and I reached to hug and reassure her, but she ran. I scared the shit outta her.

She won't look at me and looks glum in general. People are concerned and often ask about her to each other. I feel guilty as hell.

Today I spotted her and she's wearing a yellow shirt (it's looks fancy to me) and regular jeans. Her hair is in an Afro if that's what you call it and her eyes are full of sadness. I know she hasn't seen me or she would've practically ran in the other direction.

She makes her way to the copy room and I make my way to her. I come in and quickly lock the door behind me. She jumps and backs into the table. Why is she so afraid?

"What do you want?" Her voice is shaky and weak. I don't speak, I just come closer to her. But I don't touch her.

"Answer me." I don't. I take in her weary eyes and exhausted look. All of a sudden she smacks me. HARD. Then continues with punches that just keep going. She's strong, but they don't bother me too much. After about a minute I grab her body and pull her in a bear hug towards me.

She lets out a heart shattering wail as she cries. I stroke her curly hair and hold her.

"I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you Monday. I was mad you avoided me." She doesn't reply, but she's stopped crying. I sit on a chair and pull her into my lap. She looks up at me and her bright brown eyes are dull with sadness. My heart cracks at the sight. I'm not one to feel guilty, but now I'm consumed by it.

"You scare me..."Her words come out in a soft whisper and I can only hold her tighter. She doesn't resist, but I can tell she's uncomfortable. Though it's totally inappropriate, her soft fleshy body feels incredible against mine.

"Kiondra, I'd never hurt you. If it takes me a lifetime to prove it I will." She scoffs at me. There's the normal Kiondra. She looks up at me and the defiance in her eyes is obvious.

"Yeah right, you're funny. I don't like liars." Damn her! She's always so difficult.

"Shut up." I've had enough of her defiance.

"Who the hell-" I cut her words off with a kiss. She tried to pull away but I keep her closer to me. Those sweet lips that I've been craving so desperately have me intoxicating. I can't let her go.

Her lips only move slightly and I nibble at her bottom lip asking for permission. She sighs slightly and I take advantage of it. My tongue gently explores her mouth and my hands roam her soft curves.

She lets out a soft moan and my thoughts are confirmed: I cannot be without her. Suddenly, I break the kiss and nudge her forward. She looks at me with curiosity in her eyes.

I whisper in her ear, "You're coming with me. I'm going to make you mine." I grab her copies and lead her to Kevin's office. He's sitting there on his phone. Of course.

"Kiondra is everything ok?" She nods. I hand Kevin the copies.

"She's leaving with me. Right now." He just nods and goes back to being in his phone. I grab her things and take her to my car.

"What about my car?"

"I'll get it back to you. Don't worry."

After driving for what seems like an eternity in silence, we finally get to my place. I grab her and put her over my shoulder. She squirms and I get a view of her voluptuous ass and thighs. I feel myself getting hard and I have to get her inside. I won't make love to her if she doesn't want to, but she will be close to me.

I set her down on my white sofa and watch as she looks around my bachelor pad. It's kinda messy, but me and dogs are the only ones here. Besides the occasional bang, of course.

"Do you want anything?" She shakes her head and I can't help but kiss her again. Putting her underneath me, I grab her womanly hips and trail kisses down her neck. I can't deny the fact I want her. Not only physically, but emotionally too.

Feeling my erection strain against my jeans, I look deep in those murky brown eyes. Her words come out in a soft moan.

"Make love to me Branson..." My self control dissipates and I prepare to ravish her sweet body...

*Seems like Branson is starting to change huh? Or maybe not... How are you liking the story so far?

Check my other story COLOR BLIND!

Thanks for the support, it means the world to me(:

Vote/Fan/Comment/Message/Share/Follow 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 103K 56
"I know I'm hot, but keep your legs closed, Mason." *** "Fuck you." I panted out at him. His mouth moved to my ear, sending a chill down my spine as...
83.4K 4.7K 33
⚠️Although not necessary, I suggest you read Torn first since this story references characters from that story and may contain some spoilers. ⚠️ Alic...
266K 3.7K 18
Cara Davis My dad used to say two things when I was little: "Men are all the same" and "Don't fall in love with an athlete". I believed both, until h...
1.7M 36.4K 60
The Falling Effect: When you do something that causes something else to happen (i.e. you fall down, you scrape your knee. Or you have sex, you get pr...