Sold To The Gangleader

By Aliyamz

Eight Years Ago "Mom.." I say with a small smile on my face. My sister had passed her first music lesson and... More

Prologue
Characters Description
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Q&A
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Cast for Matt, Jack, Luca
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89

chapter 8

163K 5.5K 1K
By Aliyamz

Layla's POV

It was seven in the morning and I was still sat on my bed, staring at the wall in front me, emotionless.

I felt drained, lifeless. My stomach was rumbling like crazy from lack of food, and my head pounding hard.

Nonetheless, I was still going to attend school. I always did even when I was terribly sick, saves me having to stay with a bunch of psychos.

A tear drops down my cheek, and I hastily wipe it off, sniffling.

I was breaking. Breaking all over again. My strong exterior had crumbled before my eyes yesterday and I'm afraid I'll never have the strength I had before. After eight years they'd broken through me again.

The physical abuse didn't affect me much, it was rather the emotional abused that affected me the most.

The worst they did physically was break my wrist from when dad slammed the door on me. Other then that they've just slapped me and left a couple of bruises here and there.

The verbal abuse was constant, never stopping even for a day. They always manage to find the right words to hurt me.

Sometimes I just sit there and think...

What would my life be like if grandma didn't die? if she had lived up to her words and had taken me for care?

Perfect, is what always comes to my mind. She could've showed me how a real mother would act like. Show me my real worth and not make me feel like trash like they do.

Instead, I was still here. Lacking all that. Lacking love, kindness, comfort from the people who are supposed to be my family. My flesh and blood.

I didn't realise I lost track of time until I look up at the clock. My eyes widening slightly.

School starts in fifteen minutes.

I quickly jump off my bed, and quickly do my business. I leave on the same clothes I hadn't taken off from yesterday and make my way downstairs.

I slip on my shoes, and pull on my backpack, heading to the door but stop when I hear talking in the living room.

I make my way to the door, pressing my ear against the door.

"Today's the day." I hear dad laugh, as I hear a bottle opening.

"What, really?" I hear Heidi exclaim.

"The deals been made, we're gonna be fucking rich!" Dad laughs, his voice full of excitement.

"That quick?" Heidi giggles as I hear steps come closer to the door.

"Took some persuasion, but yes. It's been made. Sealed. Decided. Confirmed." He laughs again and I hear him take a loud sip.

I roll my eyes, bunch of irrelevance.

Just when I lean up, I trip over my own foot, accidently pushing the door open. Shit!

I quickly regain my balance, standing up straight. Feeling all eyes on me I then walk straight in acting like that was my intention.

"Eat up, Layla. You're late." I hear mum's voice, and my eyes land on the plate on the table, my mouth watering when I see a single pancake. Not much but at least it's something.

I quickly head over and pick up the pancake, folding it up and dunking it in the syrup bowl before taking a big bite.

I shrug off the fact they don't usually make me breakfast, well anything at all and continue to munch it down, ignoring the syrup that slides down my chin.

I could feel their disgusted gazes pierce holes through me, and I don't look up at any of them as I then walk out, wiping the syrup and licking it off.

~~~~~~

"Why are you limping?" Kaleb asks as soon as I step in front of him.

"I fell." I respond bluntly, pulling my phone out.

"You're a terrible liar." He crosses his arms.

I ignore him and continue scrolling through Instagram.

Moments later, my phone gets snatched away and I growl. "Kaleb!" I reach up for it but he pulls it further up, narrowing his eyes at me.

I hate it when people snatch my phone. It's so fucking annoying.

I glare at him, gritting my teeth.

"What happened to you? You're in a bad mood, you're limping and you have another bruise on your cheek." He growls, I knew he knew but I still remained quiet.

"Stop this, it's my business and you promised to butt out–"

"I won't!" He snaps. "And if I recall you promised to tell me if it happened again!"

"Well I'm sorry, but I think I can live for the two years. It was my fault they did that, I provoked them."

"Why are you defending them?!" He snaps. "It doesn't matter what you did they have no right to hurt you like that!" His voice grows louder and I look around to see eyes on us.

"Kaleb, stop, please just drop it, I only have two years then I will move out, please. Stop this now." I plead.

His eyes flash with anger, his fists clenching. He doesn't respond and simply storms away, just when Cara and Donald arrive.

"Layla, what's wrong?" Cara immediately wraps her arms around me. And I only just realise I was crying. She begins to rub her hand on back, soothingly.

"It's okay sweetie.." grandma smiles, rubbing my back soothingly.

A sob escapes my lips, as memories of grandma flood through my mind.

Donald just stands there, his forehead creased with worry. His eyes knowing.

"Is it your parents again?" Cara questions, "What did they say this time?"

I had only told both Kaleb and Cara about the verbal abuse, but I mostly confessed everything to Donald, because we were a lot closer.

"You should report this, Layla." Cara mutters.

"I'm fine." I choke out, pulling away, just when the bell rang.

I take a deep breath, wiping my tears, hastily before taking steps back.

"I'll see you guys l-later." I then begin to walk off, ignoring their calls for me.

I decided to skip class, and a few minutes later I slide into the usual bench.

But not long later Donald slides in next to me, giving me a soft smile, as he pulls his bag off and opens it.

"Aren't you going to class?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "We're bunking together, here, I have some snacks." He fishes out a load of bags of food, placing them on the table, and I let out a small laugh, nodding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
A while after lunch, all the bags are done and I clutch my stomach, letting out a groan. "I think I'm pregnant with a food baby."

Donald chuckles, before poking my belly, and I swat it away.

"Definitely."

Cara slips next to me grinning, Kaleb slipping next to her and I tense up.

"I bought you food." She pushes some sandwiches next me, and immediately I shake my head.

"I feel like I'm going to barf." I groan, and both Donald and Cara laugh, Kaleb's lips twitching up.

"Layla, can we talk later?" He then says, looking at me.

I furrow my eyebrows, and he shakes his head. "I'm sorry for pressurising you earlier, but I really want to talk to you about something." He purses his lips.

I give him a smile and nod in agreement.

"Alright, ima give birth to this food baby now. I'll see you guys in a bit." I laugh, and Cara scrunches her face up.

"Too much information, girl."

All of us laugh again, and soon I make my way and enter the school building, walking over to the toilet direction.

Suddenly I hear a loud bang and a shrill scream, causing me to jump out of my skin.

Okay.. what was that?...

I turn around to the source, and find the noise coming from across the hallway.

I slowly make my way towards the source, looking around the empty area, before I finally stop at the corner. I glance forward, and my eyes land on two dark figures, standing too close to eachother.

I squint my eyes and move closer.

My eyes widen slightly when I see what's actually happening.

Holy fuCow.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.7K 2.1K 36
[Highest ranking #85] "Your family killed my mother for no reason plus I'm a pathetic weak girl, so don't expect us to be friends even if we have to...
251 0 19
"What do you think it feels like to die, Clay?" I whispered. "Don't you dare, Juliette," he said, grabbing my arms. "Don't you dare think like that...
32 11 12
I picked up my phone and sat down on the edge of the bathtub before opening my messages. A single-lined text filled my vision. My heart lurched in my...
222K 8.6K 35
"Bianca what the fuck was that?" David says to me as we walk inside his house. The whole car ride was silent, no one uttered a word and I don't know...