Baby Freemans

Galing kay Just_Jae_fr

One Jamaican party can ruin 9 months of a Freeman's life. As Jada, Cindy, and Jazmine go through life being p... Higit pa

Life in the Windy City
A Bit of Persuasion
Jamaican retreat
Beach Babes
Mini Jamaican Olympics
Work
Home Sweet Home
Another Source of Happiness
Tour?!
The Elephant in the Room
Ex? More like a Why
Facing Your Past
Wish Granted
Mama's New Place
The Bads in a Relationship
Viva Las Vegas
Nothing to Lose
Chatacter Disclosure
The Breakfast Club
Just Jada
Back with Jeanette
Complicated
New Story
Staring Contest
Hard to Say Goodbye
Us Against The World
Just the Two of Us
Welcome Back, Scholars!
The Hardships of College
Mom In Training
A Way Around the System
Missing You
Not an actual update
Full Squad
The Bet
Winter Break
Back for Revenge
Last Words
A bit too early
Auntie Candy
Papa Huey
The After Effect
As Our World Crumbles
Two Sides to Every Story
My Son with his Mother's Eyes
Home Where I Belong
New Story... Kind've
The Next Generation
Baby Mama
Family in Our Hearts
Reezy
Close Your Eyes
Through Blood
Our First Time
Carter
No Chapter Today
Back to the Main Stage
Best Part
Decisions
Sending Off
The Chills You Give
Not Giving Up
Kickin and Screamin
Officially Over
Closer
The Bet
Moved On
Opportunities
We Miss You Robert
Surprises
Performer in Practice
Shining Like A Star
Let The Games Begin!
Standing up for You
For You
A Little Too Friendly
Performing wit Jae and Reezy
Semi
Final

Soul of an Angel

586 20 5
Galing kay Just_Jae_fr

"Y-your voice-"

"Jada-"

"Ms. London! You have such a magnificent voice!"

"How long have you been standing there?"

"I got here early to start rehearsing for the show and I heard you."

Jeanette only stood there.

"Why don't you sing anymore?" I asked.

Jeanette sighs, sitting down next to me.

"Years ago, when Jessica was only 3, her mother Jayla died."

"She died of cancer. Jessica told me a while ago."

"Yes. You see, Jessica's mother, was my only child."

My eyes widened. It all made sense now. Jeanette was Jessica's grandmother. That's why they not only were really close, but Jessica knew her, her entire life.

"I'm so sorry," I say, placing a hand on Jeanette's back. A tear slipped from her eye, dropping to the ground.

"She was my pride and joy. Jayla Ja'nae London. I was 16 when I had her. I was in the same situation you're in now."

"How did you know I was-" I began but Jeanette chuckled.

"You act the same way I did when I was your age." That made sense. "I used to sing to Jessica every night after her mother died. That helped her a lot when she was little since she was always sad because of her mother's death. But as Jessica got older and started looking like her mother, I stopped singing for her."

I could see so much pain on her face and her voice was telling it all too. She missed her daughter more than anything and singing brought back so many memories of her.

"I don't know if you know this," I began. "But my mother died when I was young too." Jeanette looks up at me. "I was only a couple months. Just a little bit closer to being a year. My mom had some sort of illness and died shortly after. My father died of Ebola months before I was even born. All I had was my grandfather and brothers. But now, all I have is my brothers."

My vision began to blur as I continued,

"But with these babies coming, I'm afraid I'll lose their father too."

Jeanette quickly looked at me, watching as I broke down. Tears just streaming down my face without hesitation, making it look like I had been holding it in forever.

"Do I find it so hard?" Jeanette began. "When I know in my heart. Im letting you down everyday."

"I'm letting you down everyday." I join. "Why do I keep on running away?"

Jeanette hugged me, smiling.

"I'll sing with you tonight," she says. "For you, for Jessica, and for Jayla."

I smiled.

-_-

Caesar was still in California. He didn't wanna leave me until he knew I was going home. But once I went home, I knew he wouldn't be there.

Caesar was on his phone in the middle of a park, losing at a game he was actually really good at. You could tell he wasn't in a good place and I was the only one to blame.

I didn't really know what to say in a situation like this. What could I say?

I took a deep breath. Deciding to take action.

"Yes I do, I believe, that one day I will be where I was, right there. Right next to you. And it's hard, the days just seem so dark, the moon, the stars are nothing without you. Your touch, your skin, where do I begin? No words can explain the way I'm missing you. Deny this emptiness, this hole that I'm inside, these tears, they tell their own story. Told me not to cry, when you were gone. But the feelings over whelming, it's much too strong."

Caesar looked up at me.

"Can I lay by your side?" I put my hand out. "Next to you. You. And make sure you're alright. I'll take care of you. I don't wanna be here if I can't be with you, tonight."

Caesar grabbed my hand and sang,

"I'm reaching out to you. Can you hear my call? This hurt that I've been through. I'm missing you, I'm missing you like crazy. You."

"Can I lay by your side?" We both sang.

Jada: Next to you

Caesar: To you

Both: And make sure you're alright

Jada: I'll take care of you

Both: I don't want to be here, if I can't be with you tonight

Caesar: Ohh, Lay me down tonight

Jada: Lay me by your side

Caesar: Ohh, lay me down tonight

Jada: Lay me by your side

Both: Can I lay by your side?

Jada: Next to you

Both: You

The people in the park stared at us in awe. A few clapped as most teared up.

"I'm sorry," Caesar said.

"No, I'm sorry."

We both chuckled.

"I shouldn't have acted like a brat," I say. "I should've taken your feelings into consideration."

"I should've treated you like my girlfriend instead of like a child," Caesar says. I smile.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too."

He pulls me into a kiss and I smile. We were good again.

-_-

Later that night, I was getting ready for my show with Jeanette. She was standing by the curtain, talking to John.

"You're really gonna do it?" He asks, eagerly.

"Yes, yes," Jeanette replies, seeming quite annoyed. "I'm going to sing. But don't start acting all fan-girly. I don't need you bugging me now."

John frowns and walks away, nodding.

"Oh, Jada! I'm so happy to see you!"

"Hi Ms. London! Are you ready?"

"Yes darling, as ready as I'll ever be."

"Introducing!" Jessica announces, "Jada Freeman and Jeanette London!"

Everyone in the audience gasped when they saw Jeanette standing on the other side of the curtain. Older folks went to the end of their seats. They must've known who she used to be.

The music played and I started,

Jada: Now I've heard their was a secret cord, that David played and it pleased the lord but you don't even care for music do ya? It goes like this, the fourth the fifth, the minor fall and the major lift. The baffled king composing, hallelujah. Hallelujah, hallelujah. Hallelujah, hallelujah.

I looked at Jeanette who closed her eyes.

Jeanette: Your faith was strong but you needed proof, you saw her bathing on the roof, her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you. She tied you to her kitchen chair, she broke your throne and she cut your hair, and from your lips, she drew Hallelujah. Hallelujah

Jada: Hallelujah

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Jada: Hallelujah

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Jada: Haa

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Jeanette smiled over at me.

Jada: I did my best, it wasn't much. I couldn't feel so I tried to touch, I told the truth, I didn't come to fool ya.

Jeanette: And even though it all went wrong, I pray before the lord of song

Both: With nothing on my tongue but Hallelujah!!!

The audience ooh'd.

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Jada: Hallelujah

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Both: Hallelu-

Jada: Hallelujah

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Jada: Hallelujah

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Jada: Hallelujah

Jeanette: Hallelujah

Both: Hallelu- hallelujah

The audience roared as we both looked at each other and took a bow.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

506K 18.2K 98
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
1.2K 197 28
[REWRITTEN] "I could be your genie," he whispers, smirk all too evident. "How about Aladdin?" I counter, reflecting his expression. โœถ Ever wanted a g...
51.1K 2.3K 15
๐Ÿ’ฌ โŒ— ;; โ”Š๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—จ๐—ฅ โ‹†.เณƒ เฟ” *: ๏ฝฅ ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ ! โ please wake up. โž ใ€ข๐Ÿ“ž โ‹†ยทหš โช catradora fic โซ โช i do not own the characters or...
737K 45.1K 110
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...