Another Dursley

By PrefectLiz

Elizabeth Dursley is the nice one of her family.. But she's different form her family, Her once 'perfect nice... More

The Other Dursley
The Zoo
Is This What You Call Family?
What Are Those Letters ?
Diagon Alley
New Adventure
Hogwarts
A New Side
Lonely Slytherin Girl
The Troll
Hospital Wing
Back at Hogwarts
Holiday
Not again
Caught.
The Forbidden Forest
Through the Trapdoor
The Worst Birthday
The Big Night
The Burrow
Flourish and Blotts
A Very Good Day
Happy Not Dead Day!
Expect The Unexpected
Quidditch Match
Dueling Club
Merry Christmas!
The end of Mudbloods.
The Spiders.
Another Message.
The Chamber Of Secrets
Just another night
Aunt Marge's Visit
New Freedom
Pinky Promises
Back at Hogwarts
Slytherin Prince Of Drama
Boggart
HalloweenπŸŽƒ
The truth
Secret outed.
Christmas Break
The New Year
Gryffindor Common Room
Shrieking Shack
Peter Pettigrew
I'm In Control
Life is Strange.
Weatherby.
Quidditch World Cup
The Woods.
Heading Back.
What is she hiding?
The Killing Curse
Unspeakable Rage.
Goblet of Fire
Hogwarts Champion
A Chaotic Mess.
Hungarian Horn Tail
The First Task
Revelation
Winter Break
Yuleball
The Golden Egg
Starting Point
The Second Task
Hallucinations.
The third task
Remembering Cedric Diggory.
The Order of Phoenix
The Pack.
The Progression
The Toad.
The Mutt
Dumbledore's Army
Quidditch Season
Exploding Chocolate
Act of Love
Christmas Day
Unforeseen Truth
Too Afraid
Department of Mysteries.
Hungry Like The Wolf
Slug Club
The Famous Winter
Magic Works
Best Friend.
Sweet Lies
Seven Harrys
The Wedding
Uncertainty
Return of the Pink Toad
Weasley Boys
Godric's Hollow.
The Deathly Hallows
Not Another Dursley
Malfoy Manor
Breaking into Gringotts
The Missing Mirror
The Battle of Hogwarts
One for Sorrow, Two for Joy.
Last Hope.
Bittersweet.
The Wolf.

The Final Game

4.2K 134 84
By PrefectLiz

The castles security was becoming more serious than before.
Throughout the day, everywhere i went i saw signs of tighter security; Professor Flitwick could be seen teaching the front doors to recognize a large picture of Sirius Black; Filch was suddenly bustling up and down the corridors, boarding up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes. Sir Cadogan had been fired. His portrait had been taken back to its lonely landing on the seventh floor, and the Fat Lady was back. She had been expertly restored, but was still extremely nervous, and had agreed to return to her job only on condition that she was given extra protection. A bunch of surly security trolls had been hired to guard her. They paced the corridor in a menacing group, talking in grunts and comparing the size of their clubs.

Ron had become an instant celebrity. For the first time in his life, people were paying more attention to him than to Harry, and it was clear that Ron was rather enjoying the experience. Though still severely shaken by the night's events, he was happy to tell anyone who asked what had happened, with a wealth of detail.

"... I was asleep, and I heard this ripping noise, and I thought it was in my dream, you know? But then there was this draft...I woke up and one side of the hangings on my bed had been pulled down...I rolled over...and I saw him standing over me...like a skeleton, with loads of filthy hair...holding this great long knife, must've been twelve inches...and he looked at me, and I looked at him, and then I yelled, and he scampered."

"Why, though?" Ron added to Harry and I as the group of second year girls who had been listening to his chilling tale departed. "Why did he run?"

I had been wondering the same thing. Why had Black, having got the wrong bed, not silenced Ron and proceeded to Harry? Black had proved twelve years ago that he didn't mind murdering innocent people, and this time he had been facing five unarmed boys, four of whom were asleep.

"He must've known he'd have a job getting back out of the castle once you'd yelled and woken people up," said Harry thoughtfully. "He'd've had to kill the whole house to get back through the portrait hole...then he would've met the teachers..."

Neville was in total disgrace. Professor McGonagall was so furious with him she had banned him from all future Hogsmeade visits, given him a detention, and forbidden anyone to give him the password into the tower. Poor Neville was forced to wait outside the common room every night for somebody to let him in, while the security trolls leered unpleasantly at him. None of these punishments, however, came close to matching the one his grandmother had in store for him. Two days after Black's break-in, she sent Neville the very worst thing a Hogwarts student could receive over breakfast -- a Howler.

The school owls swooped into the Great Hall carrying the mail as usual, and Neville choked as a huge barn owl landed in front of him, a scarlet envelope clutched in its beak. I had agreed to breakfast with the twins that day and  recognized the letter as a Howler at once -- Ron had got one from his mother the year before.

"Run for it, Neville," Ron advised.

Neville didn't need telling twice. He seized the envelope, and holding it before him like a bomb, sprinted out of the hall, while the Slytherin table exploded with laughter at the sight of him. They heard the Howler go off in the entrance hall -- Neville's grandmother's voice, magically magnified to a hundred times its usual volume, shrieking about how he had brought shame on the whole family.

I was giggling but felt sympathy for Neville, I sighed,"I gotta go, I've got to do some homework."

"See you."The twins called after me.

I walked into the common room, a large group of people was bunched around the bulletin board.

"What's going on?"I asked Goyle as I sat down besides him.

"Hogsmeade visit this Saturday."He told me.

"Oh, that's nice, have you finished your essay for defense against the dark arts, Gregory?"I asked him, as I set up to get started on my homework.

He sighed,"I forgot."

"Lucky for you Im about to get started on it, go get your stuff."I gave him a look and he sighed but got up,"Thanks Eliza."

I was starting to read my file on vampires that I had stuck together to make writing my essay easier when Draco sat down on the coffee table,"So- Hogsmeade."

"Yes, Im going, yes we'll go see shrieking shack, no I won't write your essay."I said without looking up.

"How do you know what I'm going to ask?"He questioned as Goyle sat besides me.

"You're predictable, sweetheart, no Gregory, not that book, that's from last year, here just use mine."I gave Goyle my book, he listened to me more when I called him by his first name, I'm sure cause it made him scared I was gonna go ballistic on him.

"Vincent."I called as Crabbe tried to sneak up the steps.

He sighed,"Do i have to write the essay?"

"If you want to fail no, but if you want to pass and get somewhere in life, I recommend you do."I said flatly.

He groaned,"I'll be back."

Draco sat down on the ground with his parchment, soon enough Pansy and Blaise joined with their books.

I laughed,"did nobody do their essay?"

"No."
"Hate that professor."
"I Always leave it till last minute."
"I was waiting for our usual sit downs."

"Okay, well, go to page 294, it says some information on what happens to people who have been injured by vampires."I said to the group and a shuffling of pages was heard throughout as our essay writing session started.

The day came and we were walking through Hogsmeade, we walked about going in and out of shops, the funniest part was we saw our picture was up in that shop we took our picture last year. The day was fine and breezy, so we decided to visit the Shrieking Shack, the most haunted dwelling in Britain. It stood a little way above the rest of the village, and even in daylight was slightly creepy, with its boarded windows and dank overgrown garden.

"Looks just like divination classroom."I muttered making the group laugh.

"Oh the hearing was yesterday,"Draco told me,"I should have an owl from Father any time now. He had to go to the hearing to tell them about my arm...about how I couldn't use it for three months..."

Crabbe and Goyle sniggered, and I rolled my eyes,"I can't believe how long you played that for- as much as I disagree-Props for dedication."

"I really wish I could hear that great hairy moron trying to defend himself...'There's no 'arm in 'im, 'onest --'...That Hippogriff's as good as dead --"

"You're keeping your promise to me though, right?"I asked him as we stepped down the slope to the shrieking shack.

"Of course, Im a man of my word-"

Draco suddenly caught sight of something. His pale face split in a malevolent grin.

"What are you doing, Weasley?"

I looked up to see Ron, I sighed,'oh no'
Draco looked up at the crumbling house behind Ron.

"Suppose you'd love to live here, wouldn't you, Weasley? Dreaming about having your own bedroom? I heard your family all sleep in one room -- is that true?"

Something stopped Ron from leaping on Draco, and I nudged Draco,"Stop."

"We were just discussing your friend Hagrid," Draco said to Ron. "Just trying to imagine what he's saying to the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures. D'you think he'll cry when they cut off his Hippogriff's --"

SPLAT!

Draco's head jerked forward as the mud hit him; his silverblond hair was suddenly dripping in muck, some splattered on my face, I wiped it off.

"What the --?"

Ron had to hold onto the fence to keep himself standing, he was laughing so hard. Draco , Crabbe, and Goyle spun stupidly on the spot, staring wildly around, Draco trying to wipe his hair clean, and I used my scarf to wipe away the mud,"What was that? Who did that?"

"Very haunted up here, isn't it?" said Ron, with the air of one commenting on the weather.

Crabbe and Goyle were looking scared. Their bulging muscles were no use against ghosts. Draco was staring madly around at the deserted landscape.

SPLATTER!

Crabbe and Goyle caught some this time. Luckily Goyle had been standing in front of me to block me from the fire, Goyle hopped furiously on the spot, trying to rub it out of his eyes.

"It came from over there!" said Draco, wiping his face, and staring at an empty spot.

Crabbe blundered forward, his long arms outstretched like a zombie. Suddenly Crabbe did a kind of pirouette in midair, trying to see who had thrown a stick at him.
As Ron was the only person Crabbe could see, it was Ron he started toward, but he stumbled.

Just then a face appeared I thin air,
For a split second, we stared at him.

"AAARGH!"Draco yelled, pointing at Harry's head. Then he turned tail and ran, at breakneck speed, back down the hill, Crabbe and Goyle behind him.

Harry tugged the cloak up again, but the damage was done.

"Really? Really? You got mud on me- and now you're likely going to get detention."I said to harry.

"Harry!" Ron said, stumbling forward and staring hopelessly at the point where Harry had disappeared, "you'd better run for it! If Malfoy tells anyone -- you'd better get back to the castle, quick --"

"See you later," said Harry, and without another word, he tore back down the path toward Hogsmeade.

"Can you convince Malfoy not to tell?"Ron asked as I looked at the shrieking shack.

"I don't control Draco, he does what he wants."I said simply,"I can torture him after he's done something stupid but I can't stop him from doing it."

"Not even for harry?"
"Oh especially not for harry, he doesn't like you lot so much."I said truthfully,"He's been nice lately though."

"Nice?"Ron exclaimed as I examined the ruddy house.

"This place doesn't seem so scary, what's the big deal? And yeah he's been nice, his main thing was the case, he's getting an owl from his father today, and I trust harry won't get into much trouble for this, nobody knows he has a invisibility cloak."

"But snape-"
"There no proof."I said simply,"Harry's in the clear, tell me more about this little house, Ronald."

He sighed and did as I said.
I made it back to the castle on my own, I was on my way down to the common room when Snape opened the door to his office, I noticed harry inside and Professor Snape eyed me,"Inside, Miss Dursley."

I sighed and nodded,"Did something happen, sir?"

"Just so happens Potter was seen in Hogsmeade- by Mr. Malfoy. Anything you'd like to confess?"He asked me as I sat besides harry.

"Well that's rather odd, why would Draco have seen Harry? I was with Draco, sir, I can assure you I didn't see such thing."I said to him.

"You don't happen to recognize this?"He held up a bag from Zonko's and the map.

"Zonko's stuff from the last time Ron and I got things for Harry."I said smoothly.

Harry seemed to breathe easily now.

"So ..." said Snape softly. "We'll see about this ..."

He strode across to his fire, seized a fistful of glittering powder from a jar on the fireplace, and threw it into the flames.

"Lupin!" Snape called into the fire. "I want a word!"

Utterly bewildered, Harry stared at the fire. A large shape had appeared in it, revolving very fast. Seconds later, Professor Lupin was clambering out of the fireplace, brushing ash off his shabby robes.

"You called, Severus?" said Lupin mildly.

"I certainly did," said Snape, his face contorted with fury as he strode back to his desk. "I have just asked Potter to empty his pockets. He was carrying this."

Snape pointed at the parchment, on which the words of Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs were still shining. An odd, closed expression appeared on Professor Lupin's face.

"Well?" said Snape.

Lupin continued to stare at the map. I had the impression that Lupin was doing some very quick thinking.

"Well?" said Snape again. "This parchment is plainly full of Dark Magic. This is supposed to be your area of expertise, Lupin. Where do you imagine Potter got such a thing?"

Lupin looked up and, by the merest half-glance in our direction, warned us not to interrupt.

"Full of Dark Magic?" he repeated mildly. "Do you really think so, Severus? It looks to me as though it is merely a piece of parchment that insults anybody who reads it. Childish, but surely not dangerous? I imagine Harry got it from a joke shop --"

"Indeed?" said Snape. His jaw had gone rigid with anger. "You think a joke shop could supply him with such a thing? You don't think it more likely that he got it directly from the manufacturers?"

Harry didn't understand what Snape was talking about. Nor, apparently, did Lupin.

"You mean, by Mr. Wormtail or one of these people?" he said. "Harry, do you know any of these men?"

"No," said Harry quickly.

"You see, Severus?" said Lupin, turning back to Snape. "It looks like a Zonko product to me --"

"It is, as I told Professor Snape, Ron and I got him things from hogsmeade so he wouldn't feel left out, sir."I stood up, not really wanting to stay here longer.

"Well!" said Lupin, clapping his hands together and looking around cheerfully. "That seems to clear that up! Severus, I'll take this back, shall I?" He folded the map and tucked it inside his robes. "Harry, Elizabeth, come with me, I need a word about my vampire essay -- excuse us, Severus --"

"Good day, Professor."I nodded as I walked past him.

Harry didn't dare look at Snape as we left his office. We followed Lupin all the way back into the entrance hall before speaking.  Harry turned to Lupin.

"Professor, I --"

"I don't want to hear explanations," said Lupin shortly. He glanced around the empty entrance hall and lowered his voice.
"I happen to know that this map was confiscated by Mr. Filch many years ago. Yes, I know it's a map," he said as we looked at him amazed. "I don't want to know how it fell into your possession. I am, however, astounded that you didn't hand it in. Particularly after what happened the last time a student left information about the castle lying around, I expected more from you, Elizabeth. And I can't let you have it back, Harry."

"Why did Snape think I'd got it from the manufacturers?"

"Because..." Lupin hesitated, "because these mapmakers would have wanted to lure you out of school. They'd think it extremely entertaining."

"Do you know them?"I asked, impressed.

"We've met," he said shortly. He was looking at us more seriously than ever before.

"Don't expect me to cover up for you again, Harry. I cannot make you take Sirius Black seriously. But I would have thought that what you have heard when the Dementors draw near you would have had more of an effect on you. Your parents gave their lives to keep you alive, Harry. A poor way to repay them -- gambling their sacrifice for a bag of magic tricks."

He walked away, leaving us feeling worse by far than we had at any point in Snape's office.
Slowly, we mounted the marble staircase.

"It's my fault,"I said abruptly. "I could've fixed your permission issue, Lupin's right, it was stupid, you shouldn't've done it --"

I broke off; we reached the corridor where the security trolls were pacing, and Hermione and Ron were walking toward us in opposite directions. One look at her face convinced me that they had heard what had happened.

"Come to have a good gloat?" said Ron savagely as they stopped in front of us. "Or have you just been to tell on us?"

"No," said Hermione. She was holding a letter in her hands and her lip was trembling. "I just thought you ought to know...Hagrid lost his case. Buckbeak is going to be executed."

"He sent me this," Hermione said, holding out the letter.

Harry took it. I looked down at it, The parchment was damp, and enormous teardrops had smudged the ink so badly in places that it was very difficult to read.

Dear Hermione,
We lost.
I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts. Execution date to be fixed.
Beaky has enjoyed London.
I won't forget all the help you gave us.
Hagrid

"They can't do this," said Harry. "They can't. Buckbeak isn't dangerous."

I sighed shaking my head,"Well at least we know he's not getting sacked, right?"

"But this hurts him, he cares about buckbeak."Hermione told me,"Can't you talk to Malfoy?"

"I reassured Draco wouldn't get Hagrid fired-"

"So you can assure he'll call this off?"She said hopeful."

"No.."I sighed,"The agreement was he wouldn't go after Hagrid, I didn't really care about buckbeak..I'm sorry."

They all sighed and shook their heads,"i really am sorry, His father already knows about it, so even if I talk to him and get him to agree; i doubt he can do anything at this point. His father pretty much frightened the Committee into it, You know what he's like. They're a bunch of doddery old fools, and they were scared. There'll be an appeal, though."I told them, tucking my hands into my pocket.

"Only I can't see any hope...Nothing will have changed."Hermione sniffled, wiping away tears.

"Yeah, it will," said Ron fiercely. "You won't have to do all the work alone this time, Hermione. I'll help."

"Oh, Ron!"

Hermione flung her arms around Ron's neck and broke down completely. Ron, looking quite terrified, patted her very awkwardly on the top of the head. Finally, Hermione drew away.

"Ron, I'm really, really sorry about Scabbers..." she sobbed.

"Oh -- well -- he was old," said Ron, looking thoroughly relieved that she had let go of him. "And he was a bit useless. You never know, Mum and Dad might get me an owl now."

The safety measures imposed on the students since Black's second break-in made it impossible for Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I had to go and visit Hagrid in the evenings. Our only chance of talking to him was during Care of Magical Creatures lessons.

He seemed numb with shock at the verdict.

"S'all my fault. Got all tongue-tied. They was all sittin' there in black robes an' I kep' droppin' me notes and forgettin' all them dates yeh looked up fer me, Hermione. An' then Lucius Malfoy stood up an' said his bit, and the Committee jus' did exac'ly what he told 'em..."

"There's still the appeal!" said Ron fiercely.
"I'll try to do some digging, I'll see what Mr.Malfoy's got up his sleeve."I said to them.
"Don't give up yet, we're working on it!"

We were walking back up to the castle with the rest of the class. Ahead I could see Draco, who was walking with Crabbe and Goyle, and kept looking back at Hagrid, laughing derisively, which to i kept giving them a dirty look.

It was enough to take away the hippogriff don't you think?

"S'no good, Eli," said Hagrid sadly as we reached the castle steps. "That Committee's in Lucius Malfoy's pocket. I'm jus' gonna make sure the rest o' Beaky's time is the happiest he's ever had. I owe him that...."

Hagrid turned around and hurried back toward his cabin, his face buried in his handkerchief, my hart tugged with guilt.

"Look at him blubber!"

Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle had been standing just inside the castle doors, listening.

"Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic?" said Draco. "And he's supposed to be our teacher!"

I was about to speak up but I had to stop as Harry and Ron both made furious moves toward Draco, but Hermione got there first -- SMACK!

She had slapped Draco across the face dwith all the strength she could muster. Draco staggered into me, shock written across his face, as he held his cheek. I felt a tug at my heart as anger filled through me.

Harry, Ron, Crabbe, and Goyle stood flabbergasted as Hermione raised her hand again making me grab her hand harshly, and stand in front of Draco, she swung back making me let go of her.

"Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you foul -- you evil --"

"Hermione!"Ron grabbed her hand but she did the same and swung him off.

"Get off, Ron!"

Hermione pulled out her wand, pointing it at me since I was in front of Draco, Draco pulled me backward into his chest fearing for my safety, and Crabbe and Goyle looked at me for instructions, thoroughly bewildered.

"Go on, leave."I snapped, and in a moment, all three of them had disappeared into the passageway to the dungeons.

"Hermione!" Ron said again, sounding both stunned and impressed.

"Harry, you'd better beat him in the Quidditch final!" Hermione said shrilly. "You just better had, because I can't stand it if Slytherin wins! They're all foul- horrible- disgusting. All of them."

"Thanks, Hermione."I said offended, crossing my arms.

She huffed,"Come on you can't blame me, you know I didn't mean you."

I waved my hands in the air as anger flowed through me,"Oh, No, No, No- I'm a Slytherin, they're my best friends -I get it, All Slytherin's are bad aren't they? Guess that's why I was so keen to give up a Hippogriff for Hagrid's sake, I get it- i'm just as bad."

"No Eli-"

"I've got a shift,"I snapped and stormed down the passageway into the dungeons not really in the mood to fight.

I stormed into the common room where Draco stood up immediately,"Im sorry- I thought it would be fun-"

I hugged him almost immediately and he seemed shocked to this but held me, as I sniffled.

"What's wrong?"Draco asked concerned, he led me up to his dorm so nobody would see.

I sniffled as I paced around the room,"I'm tired, I'm stressed, I feel bad for that stupid bird, I'm tired of being seen as a freak, disgusting, and foul."

"You're neither of those things."He said immediately, and Blaise sat up on his bed, anger written on his face,"Who said that about you?"

"Who doesn't? I'm tired of trying so hard to be like by so many different people, I have a shift in three minutes, I've had no sleep."I kept pacing, my eyes caught Draco's red cheek.

I walked over and touched it softly,"She shouldn't have slapped you, yes you're stupid for picking on Hagrid and you deserve it, but she shouldn't have slapped you."

"I'm fine."He said as I examined his cheek for any scratches.

"No. I can't take seeing people I love being hit. I just can't- it was wrong of her."I felt tears in my eyes.

I felt him pull me into a hug as I started to cry, he caressed my hair,"Shh, it's okay."

Blaise and Goyle had came over to comfort me, they understood I was projecting my feelings into what had happened.

"What's really on your mind?"Draco asked as they made me sit down.

"I just.."I took a deep breath,"I've been having nightmares about my dad."

Sympathy was written across all their faces,"Don't- don't look at me like that."

"Why haven't you told us?"Blaise questioned me sitting on Draco's trunk, as Crabbe joined us.
Goyle sat behind me rubbing my back.

"I just- there's bigger things going on. It isn't important they're just nightmares-"

"Well this is important to us."Draco said simply,"I've told you time and time again to tell me when this happens."

"I don't have time to sit down and talk about my feelings."I muttered, crossing my arms.

"Make time."Crabbe said, and I smiled slightly being reminded of George.

Blaise wiped away my tears,"Stop crying, you know we won't let anyone hurt you right?"

"They got something else coming if they think they can mess with our Eliza."Draco said.

"I know a good hex I've been dying to use."Goyle said with a grin.

I sighed wiping my face with a slight laugh,"I'm gonna be late."

Pansy had just walked in and she gave me a concerned look,"Are you okay?"

"Better now."I sighed softly,"I'm gonna go get dressed.

The day dragged on, and I had fallen into a bad mood, I was professional in the hospital wing but after that I was cold and distant to everyone except the group who didn't talk to much either.

After lunch I followed Blaise and Goyle Divination, Together we climbed the ladder into the dim, stifling tower room. Glowing on every little table was a crystal ball full of pearly white mist. We sat down together at the same rickety table, Hermione looked over at me with a smile from across the room. I rolled my eyes and looked at Blaise.

"I thought we weren't starting crystal balls until next term,"He muttered.

"At least we're done with all that Palm stuff."I said back,"couldn't stand her attempts to touch me."

"Good day to you!" said the familiar, misty voice, and Professor Trelawney made her usual dramatic entrance out of the shadows. Parvati and Lavender quivered with excitement, their faces lit by the milky glow of their crystal ball.

I sighed and leaned back on my chair, I really didn't feel like being in here.

"I have decided to introduce the crystal ball a little earlier than I had planned," said Professor Trelawney, sitting with her back to the fire and gazing around. "The fates have informed me that your examination in June will concern the Orb, and I am anxious to give you sufficient practice."

I snorted,"Well, honestly...'the fates have informed her'. Who sets the exam? She does! What an amazing prediction!"I said, not troubling to keep her voice low. Hermione, Harry, Ron, Blaise and Goyle choked back laughs.

It was hard to tell whether Professor Trelawney had heard us as her face was hidden in shadow. She continued, however, as though she had not.

"Crystal gazing is a particularly refined art," she said dreamily. "I do not expect any of you to See when first you peer into the Orb's infinite depths. We shall start by practicing relaxing the conscious mind and external eyes --" Ron began to snigger uncontrollably and had to stuff his fist in his mouth to stifle the noise -- "so as to clear the Inner Eye and the superconscious. Perhaps, if we are lucky, some of you will see before the end of the class."

And so we began, at least Blaise and Goyle did, I watched I didn't want to look extremely foolish, staring blankly at the crystal ball.

"Seen anything yet?"I asked them after a quarter of an hour's quiet crystal gazing.

"Yeah, there's a burn on this table," said Blaise, pointing. "Some idiot spilled their candle."

"This is such a waste of time,"I hissed. "I could be practicing something useful. I could be catching up on Ancient Runes-"

Professor Trelawney rustled past.

"Would anyone like me to help them interpret the shadowy portents within their Orb?" she murmured over the clinking of her bangles.

"I don't need help,"Blaise whispered. "It's obvious what this means. There's going to be loads of fog tonight."

Both Goyle and I burst out laughing.

"Now, really!" said Professor Trelawney as everyone's heads turned in our direction. Parvati and Lavender were looking scandalized. "You are disturbing the clairvoyant vibrations!" She approached our table and peered into our crystal ball. I felt my blood boil and my heart sinking. I was sure i knew what was coming seeing as last time she told me I had the grim just like harry.

"There is something here!" Professor Trelawney whispered, lowering her face to the ball, so that it was reflected twice in her huge glasses. "Something moving... but what is it?"

I was prepared to bet everything i owned, Including Harry's Firebolt, that it was that grim. And sure enough --

"My dear," Professor Trelawney breathed, gazing up at me. "It is here, plainer than ever before... my dear, stalking toward you, growing ever closer...The gri--"

"Oh, for goodness' sake!"I shouted,"That ridiculous Grim again!"

Professor Trelawney raised her enormous eyes to my face. Parvati whispered something to Lavender, and they both glared at me.
"What you troll looking twat? Speak up why don't you."I snapped.

Professor Trelawney stood up, surveying me with unmistakable anger.

"I am sorry to say that from the moment you have arrived in this class my dear, it has been apparent that you do not have what the noble art of Divination requires. Indeed, I don't remember ever meeting a student whose mind was so hopelessly mundane."

There was a moment's silence.
Parvati and Lavender smirked at me. Then --

"Fine."I snapped up, cramming Unfogging the Future back into my bag. "Fine!"I repeated, swinging the bag over my shoulder and almost knocking Goyle off his chair. "I give up! I'm leaving!"

I flicked the crystal ball off the table,"Who needs this stupid waste of time class anyways."

And to the whole class's amazement, I strode over to the trapdoor, kicked it open, making a loud thud, cursing i climbed down the ladder out of sight, and made wanders through the halls filled with anger.

I had just flung a door to a corridor open when two large figures stopped in front of me, I breathed heavily,"Shove off, yeah?"

"Woah- hey, hey, hey"George grabbed me as I tried to move past them,"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."I snapped,"I'm angry- I'm dropping divination, it's stupid."

"Aren't you supposed to be in there?"Fred asked me.

"Trelawney pushed me over the edge."I muttered through gritted teeth,"I don't got much patience for nonsense."

"You put up with us?"Fred said confused.

"You're not nonsense."I snapped and continued walking down the hall, they followed me.

"Hey, come on talk to us. Harry said you went a little mad this morning,"Fred said wrapping an arm around me as we walked.

"We noticed you looked down during lunch and asked- we bothered Zabini-"
"George Bothered Zabini."Fred corrected.
"Point is, he told us what happened, why didn't you talk to us?"George gave me a concerned look, as we were making our way out to the lake.

"Why does everyone think they have a right to know what I'm going through- it's not important what's important is that prick Sirius Black is still out there- and nobody's doing anything. Kids keep getting sent to the hospital wing cause of those stupid dementors, I have lots of homework, I keep missing sessions with Cedric, I have quidditch practice, training, shifts, then to top it off stupid nightmares about my father that wake me up and make me cry my eyes out then I can't sleep cause of my constant worry about harry, can't stop thinking of my parents, I stupidly miss my stupid pig-in-a-wig brother, I just- Im losing it."I felt tears in my eyes as my voice cracked and George immediately hugged me.

Fred rubbed my back and I sighed, regaining my composure,"I guess it is something isn't it."

They chuckled,"Practically told us everything, you have too much on your plate."

"But there's nothing I can do to lay off some stress, I need all of this, I can't control my nightmares, I mean I can take a potion to have. dreamless sleep but there's a chance I won't wake up when I need to and when I make it I'll water it down and it won't work."I explained.

"How about this."George stopped me as we sat down on the edge of the dock,"I can help you out with homework."

"George- we both know you don't even open up your own books to do your own homework."I said plainly.

"But we will."Fred added in.
"For you."George finished.

"I can't accept it, what's gonna happen in the long run? I need to learn all of it, i need to do it or it won't count. I have to struggle."I told them truthfully.

"Then what can we do to help?"George asked.

I sighed, and I felt a smile tug at my lips,"Well there is one thing you never fail to do."

"What's that?"Fred asked.

"Make me laugh."I pushed George into the lake and he gasped just as he hit the water, I laughed but Fred pushed me in, i pulled him down with me.

I laughed and jumped on George's back; but he went underwater and I came back up laughing, I splashed them with water,"Gotta make my own fun, right boys?"

"You're gonna pay for this, dursley, this was my favorite sweater!"Fred splashed me with water and I laughed, I climbed out of the water and onto the dock,"Cannon Ball!"

I jumped into the water screaming.
Might as well make this hell fun.

The Easter holidays were not exactly relaxing. The third years had never had so much homework. Pansy seemed close to a nervous collapse, and she wasn't the only one.

"Call this a holiday!"Goyle roared at the common room one afternoon. "The exams are ages away, what're they playing at?"

But nobody had as much to do as me. Even without Divination, I was taking more subjects than anybody else. I took up Arithmancy since it would've looked good on my resume for st. Mungus.
I was usually last to leave the common room at night, first to arrive at the library the next morning; according to harry I had shadows like Lupin's under my eyes, and seemed constantly close to tears or emotionless.

He wasn't wrong, I couldn't sleep usually, I had a lot of catching up to do, I had an exam coming up with madam pomfrey to see what I've learned this year with her, I had to fit Quidditch practice every day into my schedule, not to mention endless discussions of tactics with Marcus.

The Gryffindor-Slytherin match would take place on the first Saturday after the Easter holidays. We were leading the tournament by exactly two hundred points. This meant which meant Gryffindor was out for blood. It also meant that the burden of winning fell largely on the beaters to do as much damage as we could, because capturing the Snitch was worth one hundred and fifty points and if they caught it they would win the house cup.

It was hard for me to muster up the courage to be ruthless against my own friends and cousin. I had to make the team make me angry enough which wasn't so hard to do seeing as I was a very angry person now a days.

"So you must catch it before they're more than fifty points up, Draco, and you two better keep them from doing so, remember what we've talked about, Liza."Marcus Pointed a finger at me,"Vent your feeelings."

"I KNOW, MARCUS!"I yelled.

The whole of Slytherin House was obsessed with the coming match. Gryffindor hadn't won the Quidditch Cup since the legendary Charlie Weasley (Ron's second oldest brother) had been Seeker. And we intended to keep it that way.

The enmity between Harry and Draco was at its highest point ever. Draco was still smarting about the mud-throwing incident in Hogsmeade and was even more furious that Harry had somehow wormed his way out of punishment.
Harry hadn't forgotten Draco's attempt to sabotage him in the match against Ravenclaw, but it was the matter of Buckbeak that made him most determined to beat Draco in front of the entire school.

Hermione and I made up she had also walked out of divination after me, but I was filled with constant angst and anger, any little thing would set me off, it was mostly cause I was saving my anger for the game.

Never, in anyone's memory, had a match approached in such a highly charged atmosphere. By the time the holidays were over, tension between the two teams and our Houses was at the breaking point. A number of small scuffles broke out in the corridors, culminating in a nasty incident in which a Gryffindor fourth year and a Slytherin sixth year ended up in the hospital wing with leeks sprouting out of their ears, i was not happy.

I was having a particularly bad time of it. Most Gryffindors were trying to intimidate me and teasing me because of how small I was saying I had no chance, which resulted in Crabbe and Goyle messing with them on the daily. Wood had asked me to stay away from harry till after the game thinking I'd do something to sabotage the game. The whole of Gryffindor House took up the challenge enthusiastically, so that it was impossible for Harry and I to even see one another.

Even Fred and George weren't allowed to see me.

So I spent most of my time trying to do homework in the great hall with Cedric,  who I teased because we beat Hufflepuff with ease, giving up half way through cause of some stupid Gryffindors who wouldn't stop talking about Harry's firebolt from across the great hall and judging my flying ability and I had to leave before I showed them how good my swing was, then I had to care for the students in the hospital wing, you know my every day schedule but with Blaise talking me out of hexing every Gryffindor that bad mouthed me.

The day before the game, I had decided to take the day off on work; Draco, who had been stressing about the game, and I spent the day locked up in is dorm, reading and napping, ignoring the constant knocks on the door.

At midnight, I had decided to take a walk around, but decided against it and ended up walking around the common room to stop over thinking and fell asleep on the sofa.

"Liza."

I blinked my eyes open and looked up to Adrian, he smiled,"The teams heading down for breakfast, you coming?"

I yawned and nodded,"Sure; let me get dressed."

I just pulled on my quidditch sweater, some shorts, my sports bra, and put on my boots.

Marcus spent the whole of breakfast urging the team to eat, i spent it talking to Adrian about tactics, I was so focused on getting the nerve to push aside all kindness that I didn't even notice the Gryffindor team walking in, despite the cheers they received from the other houses.

"Just picture his face on the bludger."Adrian told me, as I ate my bowl of fruit.

"And-"He took away my bowls DJ handed me a bowl of sausage and eggs,"Eat a real meal, you're gonna need your energy, it's gonna get bloody."

"I don't think I can do it, I don't think I can just hurt them."I muttered as I munched on on the bacon with stress.

"Don't think- just do."Marcus said.
"But,"I sighed.
"We got this."Adrian told me.

"Let's get going."Marcus stood up and we followed pursuit making the slytherin table cheer for us.

None of us spoke as we made or way into the locker rooms, I went into mine, and changed into the green robes.

We walked out onto the field to a tidal wave of noise. Three quarters of the crowd was wearing scarlet rosettes, waving scarlet flags with the Gryffindor lion upon them, or brandishing banners with slogans like "GO GRYFFINDOR!" and "LIONS FOR THE CUP" Behind the Slytherin goal posts, however, two hundred people were wearing green; the silver serpent of Slytherin glittered on their flags, and Professor Snape sat in the very front row, wearing green like everyone else, and a very grim smile.

"And here come the Slytherin team, led by Captain Flint. He's made some changes in the lineup and seems to be going for size rather than skill --"

Boos came from the Slytherin crowd. Lee had a point. I was easily the smallest person On the Slytherin team; the rest of them were enormous.

"Captains, shake hands!" said Madam Hooch.

Flint and Wood approached each other and grasped each other's hand very tightly; it looked as though each was trying to break the other's fingers.

I looked over to harry and we met eyes, he gave me a small smile which I quickly returned before gripping onto my bat tightly.

Adrian leaned over to me,"Don't get distracted- focus."

"Mount your brooms!" said Madam Hooch. "Three...two.."

I took a deep breath and set my eyes past the Boys onto the girls who were giving me dirty looks, well Katie and Alicia were.

"..one..."

The sound of her whistle was lost in the roar from the crowd as fourteen brooms rose into the air.
I felt my hair fly back off my back; my nerves left me in the thrill of the flight; I glanced around and followed close behind Adrian,

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinner of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goal posts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no -- Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing UP the field -- WHAM! -- nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by -- Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina -- nice swerve around Elizabeth Dursley -- duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger! SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

Angelina punched the air as she soared around the end of the field; the sea of scarlet below was screaming its delight.

"OUCH!"

Angelina was nearly thrown from her broom as Marcus Flint went smashing into her.

"Sorry!" said Flint as the crowd below booed. "Sorry, didn't see her!"

A moment later, Fred Weasley chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed, and I had to dodge the bat as it dropped down towards me, making me give Fred a dirty look.

"That will do!" shrieked Madam Hooch, zooming between then. "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!"

"Come off it, Miss!" howled Fred, but Madam Hooch blew her whistle and Alicia flew forward to take the penalty.

"Come on, Alicia!" yelled Lee into the silence that had descended on the crowd. "YES! SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!"

Adrian we're flying on opposites not bothering to watch Flint, still bleeding freely, fly forward to take the Slytherin penalty.

We were making a plan, which was gonna end up with one of us bloody but if we wanted to win, we had to risk it.

"'Course, Wood's a superb Keeper!" Lee Jordan told the crowd as Flint waited for Madam Hooch's whistle. "Superb! Very difficult to pass -- very difficult indeed -- YES! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! HE'S SAVED IT!"

Anger started to flow through me, I had seen a bludger going towards Marcus so I flew down sharply and knocked out towards Katie Bell.

"Gryffindor in possession, no, Slytherin in possession -- no! Gryffindor back in possession and it's Katie Bell, Katie Bell for Gryffindor with the Quaffle, she's streaking up the field -- THAT WAS DELIBERATE!"

Montague, a Slytherin Chaser, had swerved in front of Katie, and instead of seizing the Quaffle had kicked her broom. Making her distracted enough for the bludger to hit her broom, Katie cart-wheeled in the air, managed to stay on her broom, but dropped the Quaffle.

I smirked, okay maybe playing dirty is a good way to win.

Madam Hooch's whistle rang out again as she soared over to Montague and began shouting at him. A minute later, Katie had put another penalty past the Slytherin Seeker.

"THIRTY-ZERO! TAKE THAT, YOU DIRTY, CHEATING --"

"Jordan, if you can't commentate in an unbiased way --"

"I'm telling it like it is, Professor!"

I kept hitting the bludgers towards their chasers, and while Adrian took over I looked up for Harry he was faking a look of sudden concentration, Harry pulled his Firebolt around and sped off toward the Slytherin end -- it worked. Draco went haring after him, clearly thinking Harry had seen the Snitch there.

Well if he's playing that way, I hit a bludger towards him, he'll forgive me later, the bludger streaking past Harry's right ear.

A bludger hit by Fred was coming towards me but i hit it with great force towards harry the second Bludger grazed Harry's elbow. Adrian was closing in on him, so I followed pursuit, we hit a bludger between us two zooming towards Harry, clubs raised to hit the bludger-- He turned the Firebolt upward at the last second, and Adrian and I collided with a sickening crunch.

"Ha haaa!" yelled Lee Jordan as the we lurched away from each other, clutching my head, I felt warmth trickling down my nose, I gave harry a dirty look. "Too bad! You'll need to get up earlier than that to beat a Firebolt! And it's Gryffindor in possession again, as Johnson takes the Quaffle -- Flint alongside her -- poke him in the eye, Angelina! -- it was a joke, Professor, it was a joke -- oh no -- Flint in possession, Flint flying toward the Gryffindor goal posts, come on now, Wood, save --!"

I flew up and smacked the bludger at wood with such force It hurt my shoulder, and with perfect timing he dodge the bludger but missed the quaffle. They both went through the goal back to back. Flint had scored; there was an eruption of cheers from the Slytherin end, and Lee swore so badly that Professor McGonagall tried to tug the magical megaphone away from him.

"Sorry, Professor, sorry! Won't happen again! So, Gryffindor in the lead, thirty points to ten, and Gryffindor in possession --"

It was turning into the dirtiest game I had ever played in. Enraged that Gryffindor had taken such an early lead, We were rapidly resorting to any means to take the Quaffle. Adrian hit Katie with his club and tried to say he'd thought she was a Bludger, and Alicia had kicked my broom when I went to hit a bludger at Angelina which had made me loose my balance and hit my face on my broom as I caught myself before I fell, George elbowed Adrian in the face in retaliation. Madam Hooch awarded both teams penalties, and Wood pulled off another spectacular save, making the score forty-ten to Gryffindor. I was about to fly towards Katie to stop her but I had to jerk back as a bludger flew past me, I gave George a dirty look,"Really?"

"Keep your eyes open, love."He winked and flew off.

Katie scored. Fifty-ten. Fred and George Weasley were swooping around her, clubs raised, in case any of the Slytherins were thinking of revenge. Adrian and I took advantage of Fred's and George's absence to aim both Bludgers at Wood; we caught him in the stomach, one after the other, and he rolled over in the air, clutching his broom, completely winded.

Madam Hooch was beside herself --

"YOU DO NOT ATTACK THE KEEPER UNLESS THE QUAFFLE IS WITHIN THE SCORING AREA!" she shrieked at Us,"Gryffindor penalty!"

And Angelina scored. Sixty-ten. Moments later, Fred Weasley pelted a Bludger at Warrington, knocking the Quaffle out of his hands; Alicia seized it and put it through the Slytherin goal -- seventy-ten.

The Gryffindor crowd below was screaming itself hoarse -- Gryffindor was sixty points in the lead, and if Harry caught the Snitch now, the Cup was theirs.

"DRACO."I yelled and flew up besides him,"Find it now."

Just then a bludger flew past me, i had barely seen it thanks to my hair, I flew down and hit one towards Alicia Spinnet, hitting her side making her drop the quaffle Warrington caught it and we did the same we threw bludgers towards wood, George caught one on time hitting back towards me, but I hit it back at him, it nearly missed him but caused both wood and him to crash into each other missing the quaffle we scored.

"Seventy-Twenty!"

Just then Montague caught the quaffle and I hit the bludger at wood from his blind spot, hitting his side with great force, but I hadn't been looking and a bludger hit the side of my face, I held onto my broom tightly.

"Seventy- Thirdy."

We still scored.

"Penalty! Penalty to Gryffindor! I've never seen such tactics." Madam Hooch screeched, shooting up to where Draco was sliding back onto his Nimbus Two Thousand and One, He had been slowing down Harry's broom.

"YOU CHEATING SCUM!" Lee Jordan was howling into the megaphone, dancing out of Professor McGonagall's reach. "YOU FILTHY, CHEATING B --"

Professor McGonagall didn't even bother to tell him off She was actually shaking her finger in Malfoy's direction, her hat had fallen off, and she too was shouting furiously.

Alicia took Gryffindor's penalty, but she was so angry she missed by several feet. The Gryffindor team was losing concentration and the Slytherins, delighted by Draco's foul on Harry, were being spurred on to greater heights.

"Slytherin in possession, Slytherin heading for goal -- Montague scores --" Lee groaned. "Seventy-fourty to Gryffindor..."

"Get out of it, Dursley!"Alicia yelled in frustration as she tried to turn and found me blocking her.

"Angelina Johnson gets the Quaffle for Gryffindor, come on, Angelina, COME ON!"

Every single player started towards Angelina, we were all going to block her but a zooming noise made us loose concentration.

"AAAAAAARRRGH!"

They scattered as the Firebolt zoomed toward them; Angelina's way was clear, expect for me, I had stuck so close to her that Harry flew past me , and I kicked the quaffle out of her hands, but harry had scrapped my leg with his firebolt.

Alicia had caught the quaffle instead of one of my teammates.

"SHE SCORES! SHE SCORES! Gryffindor leads by eighty Points to Forty!"

I zoomed to the middle of the field,"SERIOUSLY!? The quaffle was  free!"

But then Harry urged the Firebolt downward, but Draco was miles ahead -- He was gaining on Draco

I slammed a bludger his way, but Harry flattened himself to the broom handle.

"Score- Montague! GET THE QUAFFLE!"I hit a bludger towards the twins who were about to team up against Draco.

They gave me shocked looks, but I hit a bludger at them.

Adrian followed my lead and we distracted them as our team scrambled to score, I flew between them and Adrian knock a quaffle over them making them duck, and I hit it towards Angelina knocking the quaffle out of her hands but it was to no use.

TWEEET!

"Gryffindor Wins!"

Anger flowed through me, I landed with a loud thud and threw my bat to the ground,"We've won the Cup! We've won the Cup!" Tangled together in a many-armed hug, the Gryffindor team sank, yelling hoarsely, back to earth.

I tore my robe off and made my way into the locker room, I slammed my locker open kicking it with anger, we were so close.
We were so CLOSE!

I sat down holding my head in my hands taking deep breaths as my anger coursed through me.

We lost the cup.

"Hey."I looked up with a dreadful look, George was standing at the front of the lockers, with a big smile.

"Sorry,"He looked down seeing as was only in my shorts and sports bra,"I just wanted to see you."

"Its fine."I said and began to examine my injuries, as I should've been doing.

"That was a rough game, wasn't it?"He stepped in cautiously.

I sighed and stood up, I held my hand out,"Truce?"

He put his hand in mine and I pulled him to me wrapping my arms around his neck, giving him a tight hug,"Congratulations, Im happy for you."

He put his arms around my waist and I could feel him smiling against my hair,"I thought you'd be mad."

"I am."I pulled away and hit his chest,"Especially cause you hit me with a bludger in the face you prick! It hurt!"
"It wasn't me! It was Fred!"
"Oh sure, you were hovering over me the whole game!"I exclaimed.
"To make sure you didn't get bloodied up to bad!"He said.
I sighed and smiled slightly,"why don't you go celebrate your win."

"Are you coming?"He questioned with hopeful eyes.

I shook my head,"Sticking with my team for the night."

He patted my back and caressed my hair,"You're welcomed to the Gryffindor tower."

"I don't think I am, love."I chuckled motioning to my robes,"I'm your enemy."

"So much for an enemy."Fred appeared at the locker room door,"How's your face?"

"Better than yours is gonna be in a second,"I said with a slight laugh, as I took my bat from his hands.

"Hey it's quidditch."He smiled, and I rolled my eyes, I nudged him with my bat,"Congrats."

"Harry's looking for you, I think wood will finally let you two talk."He told me and I pulled on my quidditch sweater after washing my face.

"I really don't want the whole 'we won the cup' thing to be rubbed in my face by your Gryffindors right now, so I think I'll see him after the hype has gone down."I told them truthfully.

"Eliza."I heard blaise calling me.

"Coming."I called out,"congratulations you guys, you did great."

I left the locker room with by gym bag and was hugged by Blaise who kissed my forehead,"You did your best, you nearly saved the game."

I looked behind him sighing deeply as tears filled my eyes, watching the twins walk out of the locker watching me,"I could've done better, we could've won."

"Hey, you did great."He caressed my cheek,"Come on let's get going, Pansy's got some coffee and pastries for us."

I leaned against him and followed him out ignoring Gryffindors cheers and screams, till I saw Draco, u rushed to him and threw myself on him, he dropped his broom almost immediately and held me.

We stayed like that for a while, whispering kind words to each other to lift each other's spirits.

We heard loud laughter that made us pull away, and I met eyes with Harry as the crowd carried him with the cup in his hands.

He smiled widely but it fell when he saw me and Draco comforting each other, he had gone to come towards us but was dragged away by the crowd.

It was a quiet night in the slytherin common room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408K 9.5K 54
The names Clove Weasley that's right Weasley. I'm the daughter of Molly and Arthur, the younger sister Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, and George. Twin t...
108K 3.2K 80
Diana Dursley turned 12 and her whole life flipped as she knew it once that Hogwarts letter arrived at her parent's doorsteps. After her family was f...
364K 11K 94
Charlotte Potter was sent from foster home to foster home her whole life, not really loving anything other then her Harry Potter books. When she stum...