Little Red (✅ COMPLETED)

Da WriterMichelleJ

When Robyn gets stranded in the woods one day with none other than her high-school crush, the last thing on h... Altro

P R E F A C E
PART [O N E]
CHAPTER [ 0 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 5 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 8 ]
CHAPTER [ 0 9 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 5 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 8 ]
CHAPTER [ 1 9 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 5 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 8 ]
CHAPTER [ 2 9 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 5 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 8 ]
CHAPTER [ 3 9 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 8 ]
CHAPTER [ 4 9 ]
PART [T W O]
CHAPTER [ 5 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 5 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 8 ]
CHAPTER [ 5 9 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 5 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 8 ]
CHAPTER [ 6 9 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 1 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 2 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 3 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 4 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 5 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 6 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 7 ]
CHAPTER [ 7 8 ]
Chapter [ 7 9 ]
CHAPTER [ 8 0 ]
CHAPTER [ 8 1 ]
CHAPTER [8 2 ]

CHAPTER [ 4 5 ]

4.6K 292 40
Da WriterMichelleJ

"Can I have some after it's done?"

Harry kept checking in on the cake in the oven. After half an hour he plucked the courage to ask if he could have it.

Robyn smiled, "of course. But not yet, you'll have to wait."

He whined but didn't argue, and left. He'd come back again in five minutes anyway to see if it's done.

Robyn was going to ask Ray when they go bowling to come to her house for the evening. She didn't know what kind of cake he liked, so she made her favourite one. It was a coffee cake, which like Harry, Robyn couldn't wait to try.

When the timer started beeping Robyn slid the cake out of the oven and left it to cool down. She got her phone out while waiting for it to cool and texted Rick.

Robyn: Hey, you remember we're going bowling today, right?

Her phone buzzed not long after.

Rick: Yeah! Can't wait to beat you at it ;P

Robyn: Well, I hope it's okay but I invited Ray and a couple of his friends to join us...

Robyn felt hesitant sending the text. She had planned the whole thing by herself, not thinking twice if Rick would mind. She saw the three dots dancing on her screen as he typed. After a while came a reply which seemed suspiciously small for the amount of time spent typing it.

Rick: it's okay :)

Nevertheless, Robyn was grateful he didn't mind. She texted him the time and place.

Twenty minutes later the cake was cooled to her liking. She began decorating it, making it as neat as she could.

"Can I have a slice now?"

She kept the piping bag down, covering the cake with a domed lid.

"Not yet, Harry, you have to wait until the evening," Robyn repeated, carrying it to the fridge.

Her brother was yet to hit puberty, so he was still short. Robyn kept the cake on the top most shelf in the fridge and pushed it all the way back for extra measure.

"What?! Why?" He cried, "wait--is it for someone?"

Robyn's flustered expression was his answer. A cheeky smiled formed on his face, and he looked like her ever devilish little brother. Robyn knew then she wasn't going to hear the end of this any time soon.

When three o'clock rolled around, Robyn was already inside the bowling alley, waiting for everyone else to join. She hoped and prayed everyone would show up.

Sure enough, only a minute later the door opened and in walked Caleb, Nick, Ray and Jasmine. Almost all heads turned to look at them, they seemed so out of place. The eyes stayed particularly fixed at Ray and Jasmine, which Robyn wasn't surprised about.

She gave them a small wave to catch their attention. They made their way over to her.

The bowling alley was brightly lit, making it seem like Ray's hair was glowing. Robyn stopped herself from staring at him.

"So, Robyn? Ready to be beaten?" Caleb asked cheekily.

Jasmine scoffed, crossing her arms, "what do you think? It's us werewolves against a human," she looked down at her, giving the ugliest smirk.

Robyn frowned.

"Oh, yeah? We'll, I'm going to be on her team," Ray announced, wiping the frown from her face. She smiled up at him. He looked at her, returning her smile and winked.

It took every bit of energy in her to stop herself from swooning.

Just then Rick joined them, his nose flush from the cool weather. They all exchanged awkward greetings, before Robyn lead them to the till to pay and get their shoes.

"I really hope you don't mind I invited more people," Robyn told Rick again as they wore their shoes.

"Hey, no worries," he replied, standing up, "as long as I get to play with you."

He looked at her cheekily, his brown eyes looking slightly hazel under the lights. He was attracting a fair amount of stares to himself, too. Robyn imagined the only one who looked like a potato in the group was her.

"You don't want to be on my team?" She asked.

Rick grinned, "how will I beat you that way?"

Robyn breathed a laugh, glad to know he wasn't upset.

Nick joined Robyn's team, since Caleb didn't want to. Robyn suspected he had something going on for Jasmine. But, despite being a werewolf, even he couldn't get her attention in that way.

"Maybe you made the wrong decision to be on my team," Robyn joked with Ray, "I'm not that good at bowling."

"No, neither am I," Nick said, pushing his glasses up.

Ray shook his head, then picked up a ball. He handled it like it weighed as much as a feather. "Nick, you might actually see better without those glasses," Ray teased.

"They're part of my aesthetic," Nick replied, touching the side of them.

Robyn laughed.

"Yeah, the only things missing are trouser braces and a bow tie," Caleb added, also picking up a ball.

Nick picked one up too, "don't give me ideas."

What Robyn found funny was how Nick maintained a straight face even while cracking a joke. She stepped between the boys, reaching for a ball for herself.

"Oh my--!" As soon as the ball was off the shelf, it pulled her hand down and Robyn was sure she'd drop it on her foot and fracture a bone.

Before she could, though, Jasmine took it from her hand.

"The lighter ones are on the other side," she said it with arrogance.

Robyn smiled, her heart thumping wildly. Feeling her face burn, she walked to the other side.

"What was I thinking? Ugh, I made a fool of myself in front of Ray," she muttered to herself. "Idiot. Idiot. Idiot."

"What?!" Rick laughed, "are you talking to yourself?"

Robyn paused, looking at him, then laughed too.

In another five minutes, they started the game. Caleb went first, throwing the ball like a pro and got a strike.

Robyn clapped silently for him from her seat, although inside she wasn't all that happy for him.

Nick went next, getting a half strike. Robyn congratulated him, although he didn't look very pleased. Ray slapped his back, which nearly had his glasses fall off.

Jasmine played her turn, also getting a strike. While she walked back to her seat she kept her eyes on Ray. There was still something about the way she looked at him that unsettled Robyn. Perhaps it was her confidence. Perhaps it was her good looks. Robyn wasn't sure, but there was something about her that she didn't like.

"I don't like her either," Nick said, crossing his arms.

"Really? What's your reason?" She thought they were all good friends, but it turned out only Jasmine and Ray were.

Nick didn't reply, which Robyn found was odd. Her attention shifted when Ray announced his turn.

As soon as he got up, Robyn could see heads turn through her peripheral vision. His movements were effortless and graceful as he threw the ball, which rolled steadily in a straight line down the lane. It hit the centre pin with force, sending all others to fall like pieces of dominoes.

Robyn jumped up, clapping. A 'woohoo' escaped her lips, but the noise in the bowling alley drowned it out. As Ray walked back, he grinned and scratched the back of his head, as if to say 'I don't know how that happened, but I'm glad it did.'

Rick went up, scoring another strike for his team. Robyn cheered for him too. He grinned at her as he walked back to his team, calling "you're up next."

She felt nervous, but pushed it back. Picking her ball, which Robyn had memorized the colour of, she walked up to the lane and threw it. Almost immediately it rolled into the gutter.

Jasmine shouted, "aww!" making Robyn blush as red as her hair.

"Hey, it was a good attempt," Ray offered when she reached her seat.

She didn't even know how to reply to that, so she just shook her head. Robyn quickly reminded herself to enjoy the game even if she didn't score any points. It wasn't like she was bad at bowling. That was just a lame first shot.

When her next try came though, she didn't do much better. It didn't roll off into the gutter--which she was glad about--but it wasn't even a half strike. By her third go her team was already losing by a landslide. She couldn't help but sulk. She was letting Ray, and Nick, down. But more importantly, she was giving Jasmine the satisfaction of seeing her lose.

Robyn got up, nevertheless, and picked her ball. Her legs were shaking from not wanting to fail again, and Ray must have noticed because he went up to her.

"Hold it like this," his hand touched hers, guiding it to hold the ball in the right way. "It gives better control if you use the middle finger and ring finger, instead of the pointer finger and middle finger."

Robyn noticed the weight of the ball distribute better that way. Ray walked up behind her, standing close. Everywhere he touched sent currents through her body.

His hand slid down her arm, "you need to bend your knee," he said in a low tone somewhere in her hair. His breath tickled her neck. Robyn followed his instruction.

He lowered his face next to hers, guiding her hand to the right direction at the same time.

"Keep your eyes on the pins as you release the ball," he whispered, then his presence was gone.

Robyn stayed in the position he left her in, keeping her eyes trained straight ahead at the pins, and released the ball. It landed with a thud and rolled in a straight line. She straightened as all the pins got knocked down.

"Yes!" She jumped up.

Ray appeared next to her, keeping his hands on her waist.

"See? It's that easy," he said softly.

Robyn smiled up at him, "thanks."

Her team lost by twenty two points, which in Robyn's opinion wasn't that much of an embarrassing defeat. She still enjoyed it, especially after Ray helped her. The highlight of the entire game for Robyn was seeing the scowl on Jasmine's face every time she would see Ray with her.

As they wore their shoes back, Robyn had a small smile playing on her lips.

"It was a good game," Rick said to her.

"Right?" She replied, standing up.

Ray looked in their direction from where he stood with Nick. Robyn caught his eye as he walked towards them.

"I enjoyed it too," he said to her once they were face-to-face, "thanks for inviting me."

Rick moved back a little, a frown dusting his features. Neither noticed him.

"Thanks for coming, and bringing everyone else along," Robyn smiled shyly.

The way Ray looked at her had heat build up inside her body. Robyn still couldn't believe they were together. Never in her wildest dreams had she imagined to ever be with a boy as surreal as him.

She broke out of her reverie as Jasmine joined them where Rick was standing just a while ago. The thought of losing him came crashing down on her yet again, seeing Jasmine. She threatened to snatch the single best thing that had happened to Robyn since being adopted by Laila.

It suddenly dawned in on her how fragile the bond between Ray and her was. Although they were mates, was it really enough to have them stick together? The fact that Ray was able to fight it for two entire years didn't reassure Robyn. Doubts clouded her mind one after another, but the fog dissipated as Jasmine spoke.

"Coming over to mine now?" She wasn't clinging on his arm for a change. Robyn reminded herself, again, to speak to Ray about that.

"Ray, I wanted to ask--"

"Robyn, I cancelled my afternoon plans with Ray so we could come bowling with you. I hope you won't make me cancel my evening plans, too?" Jasmine asked in a sickly sweet manner.

Robyn smiled awkwardly.

Actually, I was going to.

Instead, she shook her head, trying to think of something on the spot. "No, I..." She raked her brain for a reply, "I just wanted to ask if... If I can come to your party, Ray?"

She deliberately directed the question at him, because she knew he wouldn't say no.

Ray smiled wide, "of course," he touched her cheek, "you don't have to ask."

At that, Jasmine clung to his arm, pulling him to the exit.

"Let's get going, it's five already," she muttered, ignoring Robyn.

Ray held Robyn's hand, bringing it to his lips. He looked into her eyes as he kissed it, "I'll see you later."

Robyn's breath hitched, feeling his lips on her skin. She nodded as he let go of her hand and left with the others.

Only Rick remained, studying her profile.

"You two..." His voice brought her back to her senses, "are you guys really dating?"

Robyn saw confusion on his face, a deep frown between his eyes. She nodded a yes.

Rick's expressions visibly hardened. "Oh, okay," he slid one hand in his jeans pockets, while combing his hair with the other. He wasn't looking at her anymore.

He turned only long enough to say, "see you on Monday, then."

Without waiting for a reply, Rick walked towards the door. A couple of girls giggled as he past them, but he didn't pay mind to them.

Robyn stood by herself, wondering what was the matter with him.

It was just past seven when Robyn stepped out of the taxi. She wore a deep purple dress, that fanned out from below her waist and reached slightly above her knees. Her hair was tied back in a high pony. She got the address off Caleb, having neither Jasmine's nor Ray's number.

The house was different than the one she had stayed at twice before. It looked more chic and modern. There were two stories, on the top floor was a glass balcony where people were dancing, smoking or eating. It was lit by small, yellow lamps along the glass wall and ceiling. The front gate was open and so were the front double doors.

The interior of the house was decorated in the same urban chic fashion as the exterior. The lights were dim and the music wasn't that loud. It wasn't a crazy party like the one she had been to last time.

As she walked further into the house she noticed a couple of people in their swimwear. What, another pool? Robyn shuddered thinking of it. Hopefully she wouldn't have to go near one that evening. She stood by the back door to see if Ray was anywhere by the pool area. There weren't many people out there, just a couple of girls having a laugh by one corner of the pool and some guys sitting at a bar.

"Looking for Ray?" Came a voice from behind her. It was Jasmine. She was also in a white bikini with a chiffon sarong around her waist, tied in seductive way. Robyn suddenly felt overdressed.

"Yes," she replied.

Jasmine pointed behind her. Robyn turned to see him in a loose, sheer black shirt, that had just two buttons done up, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and knee length shorts. He had a glass of beer in one hand as he spoke to a boy in swimming trunks.

His hair was sleek and combed back, behind his ears. Robyn wondered if it was styled with gel or because of the water in the pool. She didn't like the idea of him hanging around semi naked girls in the pool, then mentally kicked herself for being petty again.

"Want a drink?" She turned back around to Jasmine, who was offering her a glass of amber liquid. Robyn didn't trust her so she politely declined.

"I do wonder, why did you invite us to go bowling if you're so bad at it?" Jasmine asked, taking a sip from her glass.

Robyn blinked, "well... It was still a fun game, right?"

Jasmine plastered a smile, "I guess if I was seventeen I'd think the same."

Feeling uneasy, Robyn gave an awkward laugh. "Right... You must be ancient, like Ray."

"Yes, we're the same," she took another sip, "it's a shame you won't be sticking with him for long. You know, you'll grow old in another fifty years," Jasmine breathed a laugh, finding something funny in that.

Robyn took a deep breath, not allowing her mind to dwell in that thought. She didn't even know if her and Ray would stick together the next month with a snake like Jasmine around, let alone fifty years.

"Oh, sorry if this is bothering you," Jasmine said, touching her arm, "I'm just kidding with you."

Robyn wasn't so sure she was. Wanting to change the topic, she went to comment on how sophisticated her party was.

Just as she was about to open her mouth, Chloe joined them. The two of them exchanged a look. Immediately, Robyn felt the need to excuse herself and go to Ray. Before she could, Chloe spoke.

"You're going to have a laugh in a bit," she said, grinning.

Jasmine cocked her head, "what do you mean?"

She pointed to the pool, "look there."

Robyn looked. She saw the same bunch of girls who were in the pool before, but they were out now. One of them had Ray's eyes covered, taking him to the edge of the pool.

Robyn frowned. They're going to push him in?

And they did. Ray's arms flew out for balance, but he body-slammed into the water. A laugh escaped Robyn's lips, imagining him falling face first into the pool. She heard Jasmine and Chloe laugh next to her, too.

Then the smile was replaced by horror as the girls jumped in after him and removed their bikini tops. Robyn's hand flew to her mouth and she stared.

Next to her, Jasmine and Chloe were cackling like witches.

Ray emerged from the water, pushing his hair back. Robyn turned away, not wanting to see his reaction. She spun around, deciding to go out for a breather. Why had she even asked to come in the first place? Anger boiled dangerously inside her. She knew if she stayed a second longer, a cat fight would break out between her and one of those girls.

"Look at his face!" Chloe shrieked, still laughing like a hyena along with Jasmine.

Robyn power walked to the door, reaching halfway down the corridor when she heard, "Robyn, wait!"

Hey! Hope you're doing well ^-^

I feel like I crammed in a lot in this chapter 😅 but what do you think? Did you like it? Not so much? Don't know? Did the end make you angry too? Lol

Please vote and comment if you did like it so that I know! 😄

By the way, sorry if there are any grammatical errors in this book. I don't really proofread a chapter before uploading it because I'm just too eager to upload 😅

Anyway, I'll see you guys soon ^-^

~ Mich♡

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

22.7K 1.7K 85
"You ungrateful bitch. I keep a roof over your head, and this is the thanks I get?" "You could have killed her," I retort, trying to muster up confid...
71.6K 5.8K 47
Book 5 in Elder series Red is both on the run and looking to settle down. After escaping her previous pack and brainwashed, now rejected mate, her ta...
89.1K 2.7K 29
Okay so this is my first book on this account 2 years ago is when I started writting it on here. UNDER MAJOR EDITING!!!! Rebecca/Alice is a werewolf...
35.3K 1.1K 35
"Are you stalking me?" His deep voice asked. "You wish, that would mean I actually thought about you enough to wonder where you are." I looked away...