Dear Nate {Dear #1}

By danamayfield

Alison Collins is in a coma and now Nate has her journal. Nate never expected for Alison's brother to give hi... More

Dear Nate
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 27-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Chapter 31-
-Chapter 32-
-Chapter 33-
-Epilogue-

-Chapter 11-

14K 532 48
By danamayfield

This is kind of a filler chapter. I didn't know what to write really so this spit out. I don't know if I like it or now. at least the second half of the chapter. remember, for all of you guys wishing for Alison to wake up like now, this story also revolves a character growth toward Nate and his personality and how he matures during this process. Trust me, I want Alison to wake up too, but it will not be soon. Sorry, but Nate needs to grow more in my opinion.

ALSO!!!!! I started the spin off to this called Dear Cassidy. In the spin off it is centered around a girl, but Alison and Nate will be in it, just not the main characters. I'm loving the spin off so far. The spin off is more light hearted and humor filled than Dear Nate is.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

Thank you!

-DANA

______________________________

NOT EDITED

_______________________________

I officially signed I’m going to the college in the city today. Mom sent the check in the mail yesterday. My life is slowly falling into place, but there’s no thing missing.

            Today is our second to last game of the season. Two more scouts came to see me and the team. One of them, Mr. Hanson, is actually from the college I admitted to. Baseball was not a part of my college plan, but if I get offered a position on the team of course I’m going to take it.

            “We’re going out for pizza,” Scott says. He has an arm wrapped around Eliza’s shoulders, keeping her at his side. “Want to come?” he offers to Pat, Mitch, and I.

            “You know I’m always done for pizza,” Pat chimes in, smiling.

            Mitch rolls his eyes and says, “Or food in general.”

            We all start laughing, but all Pat does is shrug. “I’m not afraid to deny that.”

            “Nate, are you in?” Scott asks me.

            I nod, “Of course man.”

            Once we all arrived at the pizza place we squeeze into a large booth. Eliza, Scott, and Pat on one side while Mitch and I are on the other. Eliza is cuddled into Scott’s side, resting her head on his shoulder. Scott had informed me that the weekend at the cabin went great. He didn’t get into details, which I don’t blame him. If I ever spend a romantic getaway with my girlfriend I wouldn’t want to discuss everything. Especially the romantic situations we get into.

            “We’re making me jealous,” Patrick mentions, looking at the two lovebirds.

            Scott chuckles. “And why would you be jealous?”

            Patrick wraps one of his arms around Scott’s shoulders, making sure not to hit Eliza in the head. “We had a bond before you started dating Eliza,” he says.

            “We still do,” Scott responds.

            “But not like it used to.”

            Scott sighs and pats him on the shoulder. “It’s okay, but get used to it. She’s been with me for three years and it’s not going to change anytime soon.”

            Pat huffed, “Fine.”

            “Sorry Pat,” Eliza adds. “But I’m not giving him up.”

            Patrick rests his hand against his face. “Yeah I know. You guys are the perfect couple and will be together forever,” he says in a girly tone.

            “And what’s wrong with that?” Eliza says.

            Pat looks at her and shrugs. “Nothing I just wish I can have me some Scott action before you two get serious.”

            At this moment the waitress decides to walk up to the table. Her eyebrow are raised in question, looking at Pat.

            Scott chuckles before adding, “Too late dude.” He directions his attention to the waitress and orders, “Hi, we’re going to have two large pizzas. One just cheese and the other sausage.”

            As the waitress is writing down our order Patrick turns his head, looking her up and down. I shake my head and chuckle, as does all four of us, excluding Pat. “Hi,” he says, smiling.

            The waitress put the pencil in her pocket before looking at Pat. He’s smiling widely, making sure he comes up as ‘irresistible’. All the waitress did is roll her eyes and walk away.

            “She probably thinks you’re gay,” Mitch says.

            “Why would you say that?” Pat asks.

            “Because it sounded, to her, like you were interested in Scott,” I add.

            Pat rolls his eyes. “I was obviously joking.”

            “Your acting is phenomenal,” Mitch shots back.

            Patrick is silent for a few moments, processing everything. Then, suddenly, his mouth drops open. “She actually thought I was hitting on Scott!”

            We all nod.

            All Pat does is shrug and drink some of his Coke. “Oh well.”

            After pizza we all went home, except for me. Instead of going home I decide to go to the hospital to visit Alison. I haven’t gotten a chance to visit her for almost two weeks. Sometimes I will feel bad about not visiting, but at the same time I need to live my life and experience fun times that associate with senior year. I was also focused on baseball and the college essay I had to right for the college I will be going to. I still read her journal entries though.

            I got to the hospital and took the elevator up to the floor she is on. Once the elevator dinged, I step out and walk down the unsettling white hallway. I reach her room and wave at the nurse on duty. The nurses here have gotten used to seeing me visit Alison by now.

            I flick on a light to make her room less dark. It is creepy to me how the nurses keep her room so dark when it is late. Granted it is nine o’clock at night, but visiting hours are still in effect. The way they have the lights, it’s like Alison is already dead. And that thought alone makes my skin crawl.

            I let Alison know about how I officially signed for college today. I say how I wish she’d wake up before I had to leave so we can talk. I let her know how a scout for the college came by the game today and it seemed like he was interested in me playing for them next year.

            I didn’t even know I fell asleep at her bedside until I open my eyes and outside the sun was shining. I rub my eyes and look around the room. The light I had turned on last night is off and Alison looks peaceful in her bed. What caused my heart to jump in my chest is her dad standing on the other side, looking straight at me.

            I gasp, my cheeks turning red. “Y-You scared me.”

            Her dad sat down, a cup of coffee in his hand. “Sorry about that. I just walked in and saw you here. Did you stay all night?”

            “Um, yeah. I fell asleep.”   

            A moment of silence settles between us before he says, “The doctors think Alison will be waking up soon. Maybe five weeks.”

            “That’s still over a month. She’ll miss out on the rest of her senior year.”

            Mr. Collins taps one of his fingers against his coffee cup. “I know I’m horrible for saying this, but Alison probably wouldn’t have gone to prom or the senior night party. She’d be too shy to go with anybody.”

            “I would’ve asked her to prom if she did wake up before.”

            He smiles, “You’re a sweet boy Nate.”

            “Does Alison know what college she’s going to?” I question.

            “Some college up north,” he says. “I’m not quite sure which one it is off the top of my head.”

            That would be funny if she’s going to mine, but I highly doubt it. There are plenty of colleges up north.

            I stand up and stretch. “I’m going to go home. My mom is probably freaking out.”

            Mr. Collins nods. “See you around.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 1.5K 32
❛ IF THERE'S ONE THING I KNOW, IT'S THAT THIS IS NOT MY LIFE ❜ Ever since a devastating accident, Bianca has been in a coma. Her brain created a whol...
438K 28.5K 40
Logan and his bandmates had just finished with their concert and were on their way to the next location when they were in a horrible accident. Logan'...
621 48 50
[COMPLETED] Book one Sara, a girl Meets Boys, two And Has problems. she Wants To follow, dreams Her Emotion are, numb People Feel for, her But Can sh...
38K 1K 17
Ana is visiting her sister for the first time in Derry. She quickly meets Pennywise the Dancing Clown, and the reason for his obsession with her is a...