Letting The Odds Win...

By background21

Odds! Wouldn't it be odd to not have something to fight against like suppose just some odds that we have to f... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 15

3.6K 243 38
By background21

*Satvik Pov*

"Satvik! I need to speak with you." Mom's voice broke the silence and I gave her a nod while Anusha glanced at me and then at Mom.

Mom and I walked to the garden in silence and she just stared at the trees not saying a single word while I was just wishing she will let me talk about it clearly.

"Mom! The flat is not what you are thinking..." I started, but she cut me off by looking at me.

"I always thought that if I need anyone's help to keep this family together, then all I need to do is ask you." She started and I shook my head not wishing for her to go think like that.

"When you were a kid, you always liked it when we all are chatting together. Do you know the tradition of talking in the evening everyday with all of us together was because of you?" she asked and I nodded remembering how I wanted us to have that talk every day.

"Because I was not comfortable with anyone else except my family." I mumbled and she nodded.

"We have seen many bad days, Satvik. Your Dad nearly lost the company because of the rival and we were in very bad condition. But now, you seem to be married to her. We all are coming to its terms slowly. But trying to live separately? Why would we even accept her anymore?" she asked and I shook my head.

"We are not going to live separately, Mom. That flat is just so that we can take rest when we feel tired or when it is too late to return home on tiring days. And it is even for my friends." I explained, but she just stared at me.

"How much time will it take to get that flat as your own home, Satvik? Now, you are already having food prepared by your wife in the afternoon. Why don't I let her do it for the evening also?" she asked and I frowned by her words.

Anusha told me that Mom didn't want to send me food anymore, right? Then why is Mom talking like this.

"Mom! You are the one who didn't want to send me my lunch, right?" I asked and she frowned at me.

"Is that what she said?" she asked with a shocked expression and I couldn't reply to her.

"Well, she can say next that we all are torturing her and wants to shift. Is it what you thought of doing to your family?" she asked with a sad expression.

"Mom!" I mumbled, not knowing what to tell her.

"No! From this moment I just give up, Satvik. I do not care what you are going to do or anything. I will just behave like you both are not before me. And if you want to shift also I don't have any problem. Maybe that will be better than to have some other drama from your wife." Saying that she turned to walk away.

"Mom! You know me, right? Do you really think I will cause problems for our family?" I asked feeling knocked out hearing her words.

"You already did and we have to live our whole lives with such." And she just left while I numbly sat on the bench.

"Satvik!" I heard a whisper and I glanced at my watch to see I am sitting here for nearly half an hour.

"I thought you were still talking to Aunty but when I came downstairs for breakfast, I saw her but didn't see you." Saying that Anusha sat beside me.

"You told her we are not actually shifting, right?" she asked holding my hand.

"Why did you tell me Mom didn't want to give lunch to me anymore?" I asked and turned to see her frowning at me.

"Because that's what I was told!" she replied and I frowned back.

"Manvi said that and I just involved myself to not let you feel bad. Why?" she asked and I didn't know what to tell her.

"Because Mom is saying she never said she will not pack lunch for me." I replied and she gave a shocked look.

"Then she must have meant something else. Is this why she broke down that day?" she whispered and my eyes widened.

"What do you mean broke down?" I asked and she calmly explained the incident making me stand up.

"Satvik! I really thought in anger she decided that." She said following me but I continued to walk to my car before sitting inside.

"Satvik!" she called again but sat beside me after which I just drove us not saying a single word.

"What did she tell about the flat?" she asked after a few minutes.

"She is sure we are going to shift there at the later date. And Sha if you have even a little plan of doing that then please drop it." I replied and felt her stiffen.

"And I will not enter the flat no matter what." I added, but she didn't say another word.

"Sha?" I called reaching the company gate while she stared ahead.

"I thought Aunty wasn't accusing me and felt surprised, but didn't think she would give the job to someone else." She mumbled and glanced at me.

"I will not even compel you to enter there, Satvik. That is going to be my place whenever I need it to be." Saying that she got out and walked off while I slammed my hand on the steering wheel.

And that was the first wedge we had which is definitely a major one. If I have any doubt that it will die down, all got washed away with her not saying much no matter where we are.

"I really like the room Bhabhi decorated for both our usage." Jay said looking at Yash while we were having a coffee break and Anusha is in meeting with a client.

It's been one week since everything happened and I feel like no one is talking to me except my friends. I just wish I can break this silence doing something. Mom as per her words behaving just like what she said.

"She took our suggestions in mind completely." Yash commented back and Jay nodded.

"And I am happy that everything is done except a few things." Like that they continued to talk while I silently listened.

Well, I need to know about it somehow when I was actually excited listening to Anusha's plans but now she is not discussing them with me at all. And whose fault is that? My conscious asked making me flinch.

I closed my eyes, knowing well I can't continue like this before thinking what to do to make her forgive me for pointing out the things in my hurt state.

"I am going!" I said, deciding the plan making my friends look at me.

"Sure! You don't have much work today anyway." They suggested and I nodded before leaving the place, knowing well she will come directly to the home from the client meeting taking a cab and will not return to our company.

On the way I made the purchases I wished with confusion in my head, but still managed somehow and reached the home.

"Early today?" Bhabhi asked, smiling and I remembered how her words brought the bad effect.

But is she at fault? Maybe the misunderstanding would have happened some way or the other no matter who said what.

"Yeah! I just thought of giving some surprise to Anusha. And I brought dinner for us. So, no need to prepare anything for us." I replied and she nodded.

"It is a good thing. She seems to be sad for the past few days." And hearing those words brought a stab of guilt, but I just gave her a smile before walking off.

After sometime everything was finally set and I managed to freshen up before the time she may reach also.

"Yes, Bhai! I am fine and just wanted to talk to you." I heard her voice entering the room.

"Yeah! I will use your flat when I need to. So, don't worry yourself." She added making me frown but I stayed silent not letting my thoughts run away.

And she finally realized something was going on before looking directly at me with wide eyes after staring at the flowers and candles.

"I will talk to you later, Bhai." Saying that she hung up.

"Satvik?" she asked with confused eyes.

"I am sorry!" I mumbled, reaching near her.

"I don't know what to say." She mumbled, but held my hands back when I touched them.

"I just... when Mom said she will behave as if I am not even present in this house made my mind run in all directions. And it was very wrong of me to say those words. I know you will never wish to live separately, but I just..." I trailed off.

"I am sorry about your Mom." She said hugging me and I closed my eyes hugging her back.

"I missed you!" we both mumbled at a time and laughed.

"So, go and get ready. Our dinner will get cold." I said, pushing her to the washroom, but she laughed doing as I said.

"Satvik!" she whispered when I continued to trail my fingers on her back while she snuggled in my arms.

"Hmm?" I made the sound, making her look at me.

"Can we go out tomorrow? Anyway's we have holiday and I will cancel the furnishing duty for tomorrow." She asked smiling.

"Okay! But you need to choose the place. I am hopeless at that." I replied, caressing her cheek.

"I already know you are hopeless." She teased, making me raise my eyebrow.

"Really?" I asked, pushing her back to make her lay properly before pressing her to the mattress.

"Yeah! But today was sweet and I am still shocked how did you came up with this romantic idea." She continued to tease.

"For this, I did all those things." I teased back and kissed her before she can say another word and she didn't mind at all.

"Shopping? But I am tired." I mumbled when she dragged me to the mall.

"I took you to book launching and you can't come with me for shopping?" she asked, looking at me with sad eyes, but I so know she is trying to make me accept.

"Then I will take you to some music store." I replied, moving us towards it but she shook her head.

"No! I need to purchase a few things for the flat." Saying that she continued to walk and I followed her sighing.

"Will you say fine for everything I buy?" she asked when we finally walked out of the shop.

"I am not good at choosing them, Sha. And if you asked me whether it is nice only because you already liked it, right? Then what is wrong in buying it?" I asked back and she shook her head.

"You are really hopeless." She commented while I chuckled before walking towards the ice cream shop.

"I wish I can use more money than the budget I made. There were so many things." She said, sighing, and I laughed at her expression before passing the ice cream.

"You should think about money before leaving the house, Anusha. Not after that!" we heard a new voice and we turned to see her Father and Mother standing little away from us.

"Dad! Mom!" she said happily and moved, but by their blank expressions she stopped with just one step.

"You had such a wonderful job and never had to stop yourself from doing anything. Coming to regret your decision?" Aunty asked while Anusha stiffened.

"No!" she simply replied, taking steps back to reach me and I immediately held her hand when she stood beside me.

"Heard even your husband left the job. It is still not late, Anusha. We will think you just lost your sense. You can return to our house even now." Uncle added.

"Dad! He is my husband." She pointed out, but they shook their heads.

"I am sure within no time when the problems with money starts, you will come to us. Don't expect me to not gloat at that time." Like that they just continued while she calmly listened.

"Stop it! I think you both have said enough, even though we didn't try to talk to you. Did you come here to talk to her like that?" I asked frowning at them.

"We are talking to our daughter." Her mother said while Anusha held my hand to stop me.

"I know so well how wonderful parents you both are. She is happy with me and doesn't need to hear your words." I commented and within a few minutes I got myself involved in a heated argument with her father.

"Stop it!" Anusha shouted and held my hand before dragging me out of the mall.

I was still fuming, but drove us to the home safely and she immediately got out of the car before rushing inside not looking back.

"Sha!" I whispered entering the room to see her sitting on the bed with tears rolling down.

"Why were you rude to them, Satvik? Was I ever with your parents?" she asked and I stiffened hearing her question.

She is hurt because of me? I thought it was because of her parents! I shook my head and walked near her before holding her face.

"They were hurting you with their words, Sha." I explained.

"So, shall I start being rude to your mother for hurting you?" she asked back.

"Sha! She is not rude with me and she is feeling just hurt herself and behaving like that." I replied frowning.

"My parents also must be showing their hurt like that. Do you know I didn't feel bad hearing their words?" she asked and it was another shock.

"When I can bear everything in this house why can't I from my own parents?" she continued when I didn't say anything.

"The people here are not torturing you and they are not even talking about ending our relation." I pointed out.

"Everything can't be just one way, Satvik. Hurt can be caused by many ways and all are never the same." She said removing my hands while I just stared at her.

"I thought you are feeling sad and I couldn't stop myself from saying whatever I did." I explained not knowing what else to say and she just sat silent.

However, ringing from our phones brought us out from the silence and I unlocked my mobile to see a message on our group from Yash.

'Guess who is going to be competition? Laksh who is the son of some successful business man. Isn't he the same man Bhabhi and you talked about?'

I frowned at the message and glanced up to see her reading the same message. Looks like this Laksh is still persistent about everything.

'We have to increase our work if we have to stand against him. He has the advantage of his Dad's company brand image. We will discuss our plans tomorrow.' I replied and placed the phone aside.

Could this day get any worse? From talking to her parents to making her cry and now this Laksh news.

"What to do?" Anusha asked, frowning at me.

"We will beat him, Sha. You are there with us, right!" I replied and she gave a small smile.

"Yes! We will beat him." She said, nodding and I moved a little before pulling her into my arms and held her tightly which she returned immediately.

-----------------------------------

here it is!!! there will be no update this weekend so advance one...

how is the chap??? Is the story fine or boring? Let me know, okay? And the final showdown will be within two or three chapters...

comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178 1 9
A lot of people say that money is everything, these words are just the worst of everything. In contrast, money is not everything but everything needs...
383 96 29
I always want my dad home. Until he disappeared when I was young, until then I don't want to get out of my own world. I like gaming, sleeping,eating...
67K 4.1K 30
A Past and Present definitely involve the people in it, but they both have more than that to offer. The situations, the choices made for you and th...
2.7K 392 45
A story for those who believe in love . This story is about a simply being in love and what does it feel to be in relationship with your loved one...