The Ruka Wild ↠ Book 1 > A:TL...

By xdistantwords

Ruka (ROO-KAH) is the middle sibling between Sokka and Katara. Unlike her younger sister, she didn't believe... More

Extended Summary (1)
Ruka
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen:
Chapter Fourteen:
Chapter Fifteen:
Chapter Sixteen:
Chapter Seventeen:
Chapter Eighteen:
Chapter Nineteen:
Chapter Twenty:
Chapter Twenty-One:
Chapter Twenty-Two:
Chapter Twenty-Three:
Chapter Twenty-Four:
Chapter Twenty-Five:
Chapter Twenty-Six:
Chapter Twenty-Seven:
Chapter Twenty-Eight:
Chapter Twenty-Nine:
Chapter Thirty:
Chapter Thirty-One:
Chapter Thirty-Two:
Chapter Thirty-Three:
Chapter Thirty-Four:
Chapter Thirty-Five:
Chapter Thirty-Six:
Chapter Thirty-Seven:
Chapter Thirty-Eight:
Chapter Thirty-Nine:
Chapter Fourty:
Chapter Fourty-One:
Chapter Fourty-Two:
Chapter Fourty-Three:
A Little Treat (:
Chapter Fourty-Four:
Chapter Fourty-Five:

Chapter Fourty-Six:

35K 1.1K 279
By xdistantwords

Ruka (1)

I stayed with Zuko and Yue while my siblings and Aang hopped off Appa to fight Zhao.

He held the spirits in a small sack. "Don't bother." Zhao smirked, holding his fist out to the sack, ready to strike. I gasped, "No!"

"Zhao! Don't!" Aang dropped his staff and held his arms up in surrender. "It's my destiny - to destroy the moon and the Water Tribe!" Zhao said.

"Destroying the moon won't hurt just the Water Tribe. It will hurt everyone, including you." Aang explained, "Without the moon, everything would fall out of balance. You have no idea what kind of chaos that would unleash on the world." 

"He is right Zhao!" I turned my head and saw Iroh. We need more than your wisdom right now Iroh. Please help!

"General Iroh. Why am I not surprised to discover your treachery." Zhao said.

"I'm no traitor Zhao! The Fire Nation needs the moon too! We all depend on the balance! Whatever you do to that spirit, I'll unleash a new tenfold! LET IT GO NOW!"

I was taken back from Iroh just now. I've never seen him like this - it sent me chills.

Zhao obeyed Iroh, freeing the spirit back into the pond. The color around us returned to normal and I sighed in relief.

But my sense of relief was too soon. Zhao screamed out while he unleashed a stream of fire to the pond.

There now sat a grey color around us all. My eyes were wide, "You bastard!"

I saw Iroh charge for Zhao, but before he could get to him, his soldiers surrounded Iroh.

I looked down to Zuko, "Wake up! Wake up Zuko!" I shook him continuously, slapping his face from time to time.

When he opened his eyes, I slightly smiled down at him. "Zuko get up!" I helped him stand up to his feet, letting him regain consciousness.

"Zhao got away. We have to go after him!"

Zuko nodded, the two of us jumping off of Appa. "This way!" I said, running to where I last saw Zhao leave with Zuko following behind.

"There he is!" I pointed to Zhao who jumped down the the building.

Zuko shot a blast of fire in front of him to stop him from going any further. Zhao turned back to us with a shocked expression, "You're alive?!"

"You tried to have me killed!" Zuko said before he sent several blasts of fire to Zhao.

"It was him?" I said to myself. "I should've known!" I followed after the two fire benders while opening my water skin.

I placed my hands over the water skin. As I brought out water, I noticed I felt weaker when doing so.

The water from my water skin splattered onto the floor and I shook my head in dismay. "No..."

When looked up, I saw a flame of fire quickly fly toward me. I brought my hands up to my face to shield myself, letting the flame burn my skin.

I yelped in pain while bringing my hands to my chests and falling to my knees.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see an older man. "Come with me."

I sniffled while nodding. He helped me up and I quickly walked beside him to a fountain of water.

When I saw the moon's bright reflection in the water, I smiled through my pain.

The man guided my hands into the water and before he could heal me, I healed myself.

I looked up to the smiling man. I stood up and bowed to him, "Thank you for your help. I must get to my family."

I ran past him and started to make my way back to the oasis. I saw Sokka, Iroh, and Katara sitting together, but Yue was gone. I frowned, realizing what she had done. I looked up to the moon and mouthed a 'thank you'.

When I looked back, Iroh was in front of me. He placed a hand on my shoulder, "We have to leave soon. I'm sorry but you have to say your goodbyes faster than you hoped."

I nodded before walking over to my two siblings. They wearily smiled at me as I sat in the middle of them.

"This isn't a goodbye." I tried to keep my tone as positive as I could. "This is more like a 'see you later'."

"What?" Katara said. "I don't understand."

"You're going with him... aren't you?" Sokka asked while looking away from me. I moved his head back to face me, "Your destiny is to make sure Aang masters all three elements and bring this war to an end. Mine is to make sure Zuko isn't in the way of that."

"You're leaving us for him?!" Katara exclaimed. I frowned, "I met with Avatar Roku - it's a long story. I could choose to ignore what he told me, but I know I can't."

"I know we're going to run into you guys and Zuko will fight for Aang. But just know I'm always on your side. I am not nor will I fight against you. I'm fighting with you."

"It's okay if you're angry with me. It took me awhile to really come to terms with it. But this is what I have to do. You may not respect that, but please learn to. I love you both so much."

I stood up and began to walk away from my siblings. Tears started to form in my eyes and I wiped them away with the back of my sleeve.

I stopped in my tracks and turned back to the two, "Tell Aang my 'see you later' speech."

>>>

I ran over to Iroh and Zuko. "I'm ready." Iroh nodded and moved away from Zuko, revealing a boat made of wood. "It's... pretty." I chuckled.

"I hope I didn't keep you all waiting for too long."

"No, not at all."

I turned around and next to Iroh stood the man that helped me earlier. He carried a backpack that might've been filled with his belongings.

"Ruka, I couldn't have you travel with us without having mastered your element." Iroh said. I smiled wide while hugging Iroh tightly, "Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

Iroh chuckled, "How about we sail and begin introductions then."

I nodded while we walked onto the boat. Iroh went over to the rope that would help steer us and Zuko looked ahead.

"I am Master Kanto. I will be helping you master the art of water bending." Kanto introduced himself. I bowed to him, "Thank you so much."

"We will begin in the morning. Let's get some rest." He said before walking over to Iroh.

I walked over to Zuko who was looking down at his reflection in the water.

"Zuko, I-"

"My Uncle tells me you will be traveling with us from now on." He says, turning his head to face me. I nodded, "That's right."

"Why is that?"

"He offered for me to tag along with you both. I don't belong with my siblings and Aang. I feel I belong right here. So, I hope we can become good friends."

Side note: Book 1 is done! Thank you so much for all the positive feedback for this story, it truly means a lot. Also, I'm sorry if this chapter was sucky. See you all in book 2 ((: ( should be up soon )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.7K 2.5K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...
24.2K 582 26
She's a cold hearted fire nation nonbender on a search for the Avatar with her twin brother, Zuko, and uncle, Iroh. She was banished with Zuko to reg...
85.1K 2.4K 23
Kya, Sokka's twin and Katara's older sister sets off on a journey through the Earth Kingdom with Zuko and Iroh in hopes of being able to spark a chan...
820K 32.5K 37
( sequel to The Ruka Wild > book 1 ) Join Ruka on her journey alongside Prince Zuko and former General Iroh for her new destiny has begun. For the h...