I've Got What I Wanted

By Phoenix-54

Sequel to I Want Mr Baker! After hiding their relationship for a year, Riley Spence and Caleb Baker finally h... More

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 1
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 2
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 3
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 4
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 5
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 6
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 7
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 8
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 9
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 10
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 11
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 12
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 13
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 14
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 15
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 16
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 17
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 18
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 19
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 20
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 21
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 22
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 23
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 25
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 26
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 27
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 28
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 29
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 30
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 31
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 32
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 33
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 34
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 35
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 36
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 37
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 38
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 39
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 40
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 41
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 42
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 43
I've Got What I Wanted. Part 44
I've Got What I Wanted. Epilouge
IGWIW Valentine's Special Chapter

I've Got What I Wanted. Part 24

15.9K 190 27
By Phoenix-54

Hey hey hey! What's up?! So I know it's been over a week, but to be honest, I'm kind of freaking about exams. And I won't know when the next upload will be. My exams are over in just over two weeks and then its my summmaa. Hell yeah!! :D So I can't wait for that :) Hopefully I'll have a lot of this done and the new story will be up. It's a different twist on a student teacher relationship. I'm actually having fun writing it :) I'm actually writing it right now so I'm on chapter three. Whenever I'm not writing this or studying, I'm writing that:) And this has nothing to do with my story, but I freakin' love Lord of The Rings. I'm going to watch all three as soon as I have time. I watched The Fellowship of the Ring yesterday, but I'mma watch it again:)
Anyways, I'd love it if you left a Comment and a Vote and Became a Fan. Also check out 'Island Rush' by JadedViolet. So that would be cool :) So until the next time, adios amigos :P Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

“Do you guys bet about everything?” I laughed as Cahill smirked at me.

“No everything, just some things.” I picked up my sandwich and took a bite.

“So how is everything? Are you alright?” I smiled and nodded.

“Yeah I’m not as tired anymore and morning sickness has pretty much disappeared. We’ve got another scan tomorrow so we’re pretty excited.” He smiled looking really happy for us.

“I would imagine so, you look really happy. Are you going to find out the sex of the baby?” I nodded taking a sip of my coke. “What are you hoping its going to be?” Taking out the fact that you’ve made a bet.” I smiled and shrugged.

“I don’t really mind really. I don’t think both of us really care.” He nodded and sat back in his chair. “You’ll love it when you finally meet someone. After the first trimester everything is pretty much a breeze.”

“Until you get fat,” I gave him a look to show I didn’t find that funny. “I know, I’d love to be a dad. I just haven’t found the right girl yet. But it’s only a matter of time.” I smiled and sat back in my chair. “What about Uni? Are you going to drop out or go back in September?” I shook my head mixing my drink with the straw.

“No I’m not going back next year. I’ll go back maybe next September; the baby will be about eight months, so I might be able to go back. It’s not the end of the world if I don’t go back anyway. I can always go to a technical college for a teaching degree, since I’ve already got what I need to teach Maths. But if I do go back I’ll be going back into my second year.”

“But you didn’t want to do Maths, you wanted to do Business.” I shrugged and looked down at my watch.

“That’s just one of my options. I’m just going to see how everything goes. I’ll go into the University in August and see what they say.” He nodded as I stood up. “Caleb is picking me up now.” He stood up as I put my rubbish in the bin.

“If you ever get stuck for a job though, I know a few people in business.” I smiled as we walked towards the front of the mall.

“Thanks,” he smiled looking down at me. “I’ll call you later or over the next couple of days.” I said as we reached the front of the mall.

“Yeah I’ll see you soon,” I gave him a quick hug before heading over to Caleb’s car. As I sat down I let out a long breath. He laughed and pulled out onto the road.

“Long day?” I looked over at him and smiled.

“No I just want to get home and relax.” He looked over at me, before concentrating back on the road.

“Well I was going to take you out for dinner. I thought we could go up to Jim’s place for a change of scenery.” I smiled and nodded. I would love to get away for a few hours.

“Is Jim going to be there? I haven’t seen him in ages.” He shrugged before lacing his fingers with mine.

“He might be, but he might be on holiday. Which is where we should be,” laughed running my thumb along his hand.

“We should talk to the doctor about it tomorrow. I think Australia might be pushing it a little bit.” He glanced at me and smiled.

“Well we’re going to go over to Ireland for a while anyway. So if we can get that sorted first that will be a start.” I nodded and looked out of the passenger side window. 

"You do know by taking me out tonight for dinner doesn't get you off the hook for making me dinner tomorrow." He chuckled pulling up a red light.

"It's a good thing you're making the dinner then isn't it? I'll say now that I want some stir fry. I haven’t had one of those in a while.” I laughed and shook my head.

“If that’s what you want to make. It is going to be a girl.” He smirked rolling down his window.

*

“What time is the appointment tomorrow?” He asked before going back to his food. I kind of felt bad that I didn’t have much of an appetite. He did take me out to dinner and I’ve barely eaten anything. I don’t really have much morning sickness anymore, just a little bit.

“Half eleven,” he nodded as I took some of my desert. “I told my dad we’d call over on the way home. Is that okay?” He smiled and nodded.

“Yeah that’s fine with me. Since we need to go get some food tomorrow for the house, I was thinking we could go to that place beside the mall. You know that one that opened last year?” I nodded sitting back in my chair.

“But that’s like half an hour away.” I complained to him. He laughed and leant forward on the table.

“Lucas’ birthday is next week so I thought we could kill two birds with one stone. Go into the mall and get him a present and then go into the supermarket. That way we don’t have to go into town then all the way over to the supermarket that will take us about twenty minutes to get to from town. I just thought this was the best solution.” I groaned and ran a hand through my hair.

“I hate you,” he smiled and stood up.

“I’ll be back in a sec,” he grabbed his napkin and wiped his mouth.

“You missed a bit,” I teased him.

“Of course I did,” he smirked before walking off. I watched as he walked over to the counter to pay.

“How’s the yummy mummy going?” I looked up and laughed at Jim.

“Are you not meant to be married?” He smiled and sat down in Caleb’s seat.

“Yes I am thanks for remembering.” I tutted and rolled my eyes. “So how’s it going then?”

“Pretty good really; going for a scan tomorrow.” He nodded and folded his arms on the table.

“Are you going to find out if it’s a boy or a girl?” I nodded and he smiled at me. “Hoping for a girl?” He said with a smirk.

“Caleb told you then?” I said with a laugh.

“Yeah he told me the other day. You do realise he can’t cook don’t you?”

“Yeah I know that, but I still want to win.” I smiled and shook his head.

“I don’t think this much competition in a relationship is good. One day it’s all going to go seriously wrong.” I laughed and shrugged. I was about to say something, but could stop laughing when Caleb put his arm around Jim’s neck from behind.

“Get out of my seat,” I laughed as Jim stood up.

“Not funny at all,” Caleb smirked and grabbed his coat.

“Are you ready to go?” He asked me, making me nod and stand up.

“So you basically wanted you seat back for no reason at all?” He smiled at Jim and nodded. “You’re a dick head,” I laughed and grabbed my coat.

“I don’t think you should be talking like that to a customer.” He gave Caleb the finger before walking away. I smiled and walked over to Caleb. I laced my fingers with his as we left the restaurant. I turned left for the car park but he pulled me back. “No we’re going for a walk.” I groaned as he pulled me down the path. “We haven’t done anything for weeks. We’ve just been sitting in the house all day, a walk will do us both some good.” I sighed and stopped to take me shoes off.

“See for that,” I said standing back up. “You can carry my shoes,” I pushed my shoes into his chest before walking onto the sand. It actually felt good feeling the sand between my toes. He chuckled and walked up beside me.

“How did town go with Cahill?” He asked breaking the silence.

“Okay, same old same old really. Went for some lunch and talked.” He nodded lacing his fingers with mine.

“That’s good, I’m glad when you go out.” I smiled and ran my thumb along the back of his hand. “So do you want to go over to Ireland to visit my grandmother sometime over the summer? I was thinking the end of July?” I looked up at him and nodded.

“Yeah I love going over. I haven’t been over in a while so it’ll be good to go over again.” He smiled and squeezed my hand.

“Oh and I got us a holiday booked for the start of August.” I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up at him.

“Come again?” He chuckled and looked at me.

“We are going on holiday at the start of August.” He said again with a smile.

“Thanks for telling me,” I told him sarcastically.

“I just did,” I rolled my eyes and looked back down at the sand.

“Where are we going?” I can’t believe he didn’t tell me we were going on holiday.

“Since we went to France last year, I thought we could go toItaly.” I could help but let a smile take over my face.

“I hate you,” he laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“You like it then?” I smiled and nodded. “Good,” he lowered his head and kissed the top of my head. I actually love him so much.

*

“So how have we been doing?” The doctor asked while scanning my stomach.

“Really good, nothing I’m really worried about.” He smiled and nodded.

“That’s what I like to hear.” I smiled as Caleb’s hand found mine. “You’ll be able to see much more this time. I can also give you a slight indication of whether it’s a boy or a girl. Is that something you want to know?” I smiled and nodded at him. “Ok just keep in mind though that it’s not on hundred percent. It’s more accurate around twenty weeks.” I nodded and looked at the screen. “And there she is,” I grinned looking at the small baby on the screen.

“So it’s a she,” I looked over at Caleb and smirked.

“Well for now yes. I could be wrong today. There is a chance that it’s a boy and we can’t see it today. When you come in for your twenty week scan, we can tell you for definite then.” I looked back at the screen in complete awe. I can’t believe that’s what is in my stomach right now. “So do we want some print offs?” I smiled and nodded at him. He nodded and started doing what ever he was doing.

“So a girl then,” I looked at Caleb and smiled.

“I guess so,” he said with a smirk. “I think we should wait until the next scan to be sure though.” I laughed and shook my head.

“Right I’ll just go grab those for you. I’ll meet you at reception?” He said standing up.

“Okay,” he smiled before leaving the room. I got myself ready before leaving the room with Caleb.

“Seriously, we should wait until the next scan to make sure.” I smiled and looked up at him.

“Just because you lost,” he smirked as we stopped at reception.

“No I just think it’s fair. What happens if it turns out he’s wrong and it’s a boy? Then I wasted my time making you dinner, and you’ll probably not back down. So then I win nothing even though I was right.” I laughed and pulled my phone out of my pocket.

“Okay, you just think that.” I unlocked my phone and sent my dad a message saying I was going to come over today. He was the last person we needed to tell that I was pregnant. He’ll probably not be too happy we left it for twelve weeks.

“Here you go,” I turned around and saw the doctor holding out an envelope. I smiled at him as I took it from him. “I’ve made an appointment for you to come back in four weeks. Is that okay?” I looked at Caleb and nodded.

“Yeah that’s fine, thanks.” He smiled and walked behind the desk.

“I’ll see you guys then,” with a quick goodbye, we left the hospital.

“Do we have to go to your dad’s house? I just want to go home and do nothing.” I laughed and nodded.

“Yes we do. But we won’t be there for that long anyway. I want to go home and have a Lord of the Rings Marathon.” He looked down at me with a smirk and raised eyebrows. “What?” I stopped at the car, rested my back against the door. 

“Are you sure you weren’t meant to be a boy? I’ve not met many girls that like Lord of the Rings.”

“Hey!” I said slightly offended, but luckily for him I knew he was joking. “How can you not like it? It’s the best freaking movies ever. Frodo, although short, slightly pointy ears and hairy feet, is one fit hobbit. You seriously cannot get any better.” He shook his head and unlocked the car.

“Just get in the car,” I laughed and did what he said. He got into the car before starting it and driving off. “So how do you think your dad is going to react?” I stuck my bottom lip out and shook my head.

“Don’t really know. But I don’t really care either. If he doesn’t like it then who cares.” He glanced at me and smiled.

*

“Are you guys going away for summer?” I looked at my dad while taking a sip of my coffee.

“Yeah we’re going to go in a few weeks.” He nodded with a smile. I’m sort of glad I’m getting on with my dad again, but we still have some stuff to work on. And Caleb has been acting weird since we’ve been here. Which isn’t much help to me when I’m about to tell my dad that I’m pregnant. “There’s something we want to tell you though.” I said glancing at Caleb who was looking down at his hands. I guess he found that more interesting. Too be honest, he was pissing me off a little bit.

“What’s that?” I could see from the corner of my eye Damien and Stephanie listen in.

“I’m sort of pregnant,” I said glancing away from him.

“Sort of?” He asked amused.

“Well you know what I mean,” I was glad he didn’t seem to angry.

“You do realise I’m too young to be a grandfather.” I laughed and shrugged. “Well I’m happy for you. Bit of a shock and wouldn’t have expected it, but I’m still happy for you.” I smiled and looked over at Caleb. And I wasn’t surprised he was still looking at his hands. What an asshole. “How far gone are you?”

“Seventeen weeks, we had a scan today.” I said taking the picture form my pocket. “He thinks we’re having a girl.” He smiled as I handed him the print out.

“Bet you were wishing for a boy Caleb?” I looked over to see him snap his head up.

“Hmmm?” He said clearly not paying attention. I rolled my eyes annoyed which I think he saw.

“I bet you were wishing for a boy.” He laughed and nodded.

“Yeah I was hoping it would be a boy. But I really don’t mind what we have as long as it’s okay. But he said there is a chance it could be a boy so we can find out for sure during the next scan.” He tried to make eye contact with me but I ignored him. He really pissed me off since we’ve been here.

I really don’t see why he was in such a mood. He was fine before we got here. He didn’t need to be a complete asshole since he’s been here. I really want to know what the reason for it is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 416 52
your just getting coffee when you bump into an unexpected man that stills your breath away but how can you love someone when your already married. ev...
9.3K 408 21
Lexi starts to kik a guy she thinks she's never met. They get to know each other and start to develop a real relationship. When Colton tells her he l...
839 494 50
Riley Mitchell's tumultuous relationship with Arlo Knight has always been rocky and with the addition of the transfer student, Lain Adler, things are...
558 2 24
Charlie couldn't be happier right now. Her life is perfect. She has the best friends, plays varsity sports, and has the most amazing boyfriend, Caleb...