"What's depression like?" He...

By EnergyAddicts

I'm sorry if this story is bothering you. But if it is, it's clearly not meant for you. "What's depression li... More

"What's depression like?" He asked.
Part II
Smile because you kicked depressions butt ツ
Things I hate
Replying to comments
"I survived, I recovered, I'm strong now."
The Suicide Booth
The 22 questions
March 28, 4 pm.
The inbox message
Cause and Effect
It's...
My Social Anxiety
I love you.
I'm sorry.
Be what he could've been.
Numb days
October 26th '13
A small kind of rant
Happy Holidays ☃
February 28th '14
Don't cry. Never cry.
Rambles of my mind
So here we are.
Most books have a happy ending.
My 18th birthday
A lot of loose ends
Don't let friendships go to waste.
Don't let friendships go to waste II
Ups and downs.
In memory of the ones I couldn't save.
Growing up too fast.
Self-harm is self-harm.
Changes depression makes.
New year's resolutions.
To the fullest.
Making a great decision.
The official trailer!
What makes me happy?
A taboo.
I'm exhausted.
In my perfect world.
I am truly sorry.
Finding a purpose.
A little life update
Be born again
The highly requested "how to" chapter.
Mason Finn Stone
Paris 11-13-2015
It's not romantic.
The past few weeks
self-diagnosis
Relationships and friendships.
Being alone.
I'm scared.
In a couple of years.
I carry around a backpack.
Loneliness
From alone to lonely.
Being alone.
Difficult family situations.
Family
Broken plates and unfixed hearts
Hello again
Love
Things get better - I promise

Controlling

281 29 5
By EnergyAddicts

I am a very controlling person. Little to none that has happened in my life has been within my control, and as a consequence I try to control almost everything that happens around me. From small things to big things. 

People often think that being able to control everything is a good thing, but it is not. It is quite annoying for those around me, as it is for me. Whether it is planning to go out, college, my job, anything. If it is not in my control my anxiety goes wild. I get panic attacks, I start hyperventilating. Out of nowhere, because of nothing. 

For a long time I tried to suppress my pain by doing bad things. I smoked a lot, I did drugs, I drank myself into shit, just to feel better. It didn't help and it still doesn't. 

It sucks to know that I am still not where I want to be. I try to control things, and that's what controls me. I do anything and everything in order to make sure that nothing happens unexpectedly. It sucks when it does, because I feel like there's nothing I can do to change it. 

It has just been thanksgiving and I am thankful for being able to spend it with my friends, those who are more a family to me than anybody else. I don't have a biological family, and that is one of those things that you can't control.

You can't control where you are born. In what family, what condition. You cannot decide that. Ever since I have been trying to surround myself with a family that isn't my real one (or maybe they are) simply because I can't cope with the fact that things have happened that I haven't been able to steer. 

It sucks. It really does.

I can never do something spontaneous. It scares me. Doing something that I don't know the end goal of. The result . Possibly it will go bad, and that is the worst thing that could happen. 

Not again. 

Not more bad things. Not more nightmares. Not more me sweating at night due to overthinking. 

I am trying my best to let go of things. To get out there. To meet new people, do new things. But I have noticed how hard this is after everything. 

I am still trying. 

I am still sorry. 

- Ky 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Lost By livvy

Teen Fiction

274K 10.7K 39
Sometimes, I'm not always sure what to do. I feel like I'm always wrong, like I'm never good enough. I'm invisible and it's as if I don't exist. If I...
756 48 44
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
437 13 16
[OLD] [NOT MEANT TO ROMANTICIZE DEPRESSION OR MENTAL ILLNESS. SIMPLY A TROPE.] Tom isn't your average teen. But then again, what makes a teen average...
343 1 24
"Don't tell anybody about this." "If you just ignore it, it'll stop." "There's nothing I can do to help you." And so I did everything I was told. I s...