Letting The Odds Win...

By background21

Odds! Wouldn't it be odd to not have something to fight against like suppose just some odds that we have to f... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 14

3.3K 238 12
By background21

*Anusha Pov*

"Again?" I asked, smiling at him looking at the flowers.

"Well, I was an ass last time." He replied, shrugging and I shook my head, taking the flowers like I was from the past week.

"Satvik! You had a misunderstanding which you communicated soon and we both settled it. I think that is more important than this." I mumbled to which he frowned.

"But I love them!" saying that I stood up from my chair and walked around the desk to hug him.

"By the way I got a few ideas for our first client." Saying that he explained a few while I noted them.

"Okay! I will show him these and let's hope he will accept one of it." I said smiling excited about this.

"I know that you will make him accept any one of it." He said, winking and left the cabin while I smiled at his back.

In the evening I returned to the company after the meeting with the client and called everyone for the conference room.

"What did he say?" Jay asked when I just stood there staring at both of them.

"We got it!" I replied and I saw the expressions I know I would find.

"But there is not much time, which he gave us and we need to do it fast." I added and we immediately started scheduling to be before the deadline.

"And I think it is better if we hire a receptionist. We all will be busy with our works for sure." Satvik mumbled and we accepted before deciding to give an advertisement for that.

"We will have too much to do." Yash said frowning.

"Well, after two successful contracts I promise you we can start hiring the needed people. Otherwise, we will not be able to bear if any risk occurs." Satvik promised making me smile at him.

"I don't need any assistant and maybe I can help you guys with any works." I proposed which they didn't accept at all.

"Come on! My main work will be when I talk to clients and I can be useful for the works here and may even reduce the burden." I pointed out and finally they nodded.

"Let's do it best!" Jay said and immediately walked out to start his work with Yash following him.

"We will be able to do this, right?" Satvik asked making me smile at him.

I walked near to him asking, "How can you doubt it?"

"I brought all of you in this and I don't want to let down any of you." He replied with tension filled expression.

"Satvik! Everything is not in your hands and what we can do is to give our best." I said holding his hands and he finally smiled.

The time just ran with all of us busy with our own works to do and I felt relief when they asked me for small helpings by themselves.

However, it has a bad effect at home for sure with both of us leaving the house early and reaching very late. I can see the accusations, but I brushed them off knowing, by thinking about it will not help Satvik in any way.

"That was fabulous, Jay." Satvik said when we four saw the final product and I immediately called the client to show him tomorrow.

"Guess what? He will be here today only to see it." I said grinning after hanging up.

"Great! Seems like we can celebrate today only." Yash said and we waited for some time sitting in the conference room only.

"He is here!" Satvik said, putting down the call he got from the receptionist.

And the next two hours had been like some torture with our client just looking at the advertisement and not showing any expression. But then with his nod and the approval of it sent a relief through our minds.

"Can you believe it?" Jay asked after the client left while Yash is ordering food as a celebration.

"You guys did amazing." I replied smiling.

"Oh please! You had to convince that kind of client means it is not a small deal." Yash mumbled returning with a smile.

"Thanks!" I said, smiling at both of them and glanced at Satvik to see him still staring at the check.

"When will we be meeting the other client with the proposal?" he asked finally glancing up making me pause.

"I will meet her tomorrow." I replied, feeling down, but then immediately recovered knowing well this is a time for celebration.

"We three will be ordering for furnishings tomorrow. Do you want to do for the flat, Bhabhi?" Jay asked when I was clearing the plates.

"Actually, I want to wait until the second success." I replied, smiling at him and left the room to dump the waste.

When I was returning to the room, I heard my name and stopped myself from opening the door frowning.

"You don't think Bhabhi did good work?" Yash asked in an accusing tone.

"Good work?" Satvik asked in a surprised tone making me take a step back.

"She was the best and did you see how the client was. She made him not only accept the ideas from new company but had to deal with him so many times. It is not just good work." Satvik pointed out and I felt tears in my eyes along with a smile and I know I can be called a mad person right then.

"Then why didn't you say anything to her?" Jay's voice reached.

"What? I have to tell her?" Satvik asked back and I rolled my eyes.

How did I forget that if it is not in my nature to blurt out, we both would still be roaming the parks and shops like a boyfriend and girlfriend who just like each other?

I shook my head and entered the room to see three of them immediately turning towards me. I gave them a smile and sat down so that we can discuss the idea that needs to be presented before the next client tomorrow.

I felt Satvik looking at me from time to time but I just controlled my smile and continued to talk to three of them and finally we left the company earlier than usual. Even our receptionist was happy to leave making me chuckle.

"Where are we going?" I finally asked Satvik when I observed that he is taking me in some other direction.

"For a stroll in the park and then to a CD shop before going for dinner." He replied and I looked at him surprised.

"Date? At least let me change, Satvik. I am in these clothes from morning." I said looking at my clothes.

"You will change but when we both go to our room." He commented and I blushed but raised na eyebrow.

"I should have said something regarding how wonderfully you handled the client but I was lost in myself. I was so worried thinking about all this that I just sat there letting the success enter and settle my head." He explained finally stopping near our common park.

"Okay!" I whispered smiling and he immediately pulled me in his arms for a long hug before we stepped out of the car to enter the park.

"So, what do you want?" he asked after ordering food for us.

"What do I want?" I asked back.

"Like for the first success, what do you want as a gift?" he asked smiling.

"Isn't it supposed to be given without asking me?" I asked and his smile slipped but he shook his head.

"No! What if you don't like it? I know you will say you love it but I want to give you something which you really want." He explained and I held his hand in mine thinking what can I actually wish for.

"What I am asking is for not now but when our company gets in good position and when at home also the atmosphere cools down no need for warmth but just little settling, then I want to have a baby." I placed the words before him while he just stared at me.

I immediately felt worry sweeping in looking at his expression. What if he doesn't want any such thing? I thought but then he suddenly held my hand back tightly.

"I accept the words of success with company and the peace at home to wait only because I want our baby to have amazing and peaceful childhood. Otherwise, I don't mind to have him or her right now." His words shocked me and I moved my other hand to brush the tears away.

"Will you always throughout our life say the words that I will not be able to say?" he asked and I nodded chuckling.

"I love you, Satvik." I mumbled and he smiled repeating the words before we started our dinner.

"Dinner?" Manvi asked when we walked into the house to see everyone walking out of the dining room.

"We had it outside." Satvik replied and continued to walk holding my hand while I stared at him surprised.

"Don't you want to sit with them for those few minutes?" I asked the moment we entered our room and walked to the cupboard to take out the night wear.

"No! I have something else in my mind." Saying that he hugged me from behind suddenly and I laughed composing myself before turning around to hug him back.

"Really?" I asked, smiling and he nodded lifting my chin to press his lips to mine while I let the clothes in my hands to fall down.

With the first success we are no where near slowing down and just continued to push ourselves as much as we can and finally there was a relaxing sensation with the advertisements for assistant's being sent today.

"Sure! Don't worry about it, Satvik." I assured him entering the kitchen before cutting his call.

"You are still here? You didn't leave with Satvik?" Manvi asked when I entered the kitchen to drink water.

"No! I need to meet a client and the place is near to here. Why to go to work and then come back here within one hour? So, I will stay for sometime before leaving." I explained smiling at her.

"Okay! By the way, you two seem to be so busy these few months." She mumbled and I nodded before explaining to her how we are progressing.

"That's great! I just wish my husband also explain to me what is going at his work place." She said sighing while I stared at her.

"You are happy, right?" I asked frowning and she nodded.

"I am! I felt everything is completely normal until your marriage too but... but now I feel like I need something else from him and not just normal." She replied sighing.

"Shock him!" I suggested and she stared at me frowning.

"What?" she asked and I smiled.

"I think all the men in this house are same and all are reserved. Maybe Aunty wishes for that and is fine but why should you do the same. So, shock your husband by one thing or another and shake his attitude." I explained but she continued to frown at me.

"You are saying you don't want to have just normalcy in your life then can't you do something that is not normal to achieve that?" I added and suddenly she stood straight.

"You are right!" she exclaimed and grinned at me.

"I will shock him so much even shock will get shocked." She added with determination and I felt a little worry.

"Start slowly though, Manvi. You don't want to do it too much." I mumbled and she nodded but she was already lost in her thoughts.

In the evening when Satvik and I returned from work, I heard voices and frowned to see Aunty scolding but what shocked me is Manvi standing there with... with short hair.

"Why did you even do it? You had such long hair and you went and got this hair style?" Aunty asked and just then they felt our presence.

Manvi looked at me and gestured her hair before raising her eyebrows while I just gave her a reluctant smile. What had she done? I thought groaning but seems like this went like a silent message because accusation turned towards me however with just a look from Aunty but not any words.

"What was that?" Satvik asked when we entered our room.

I explained to him what happened in the morning and he calmly listened before sighing. I so know he is going to give me a class now.

"Sha! Our relation with them is already on rocks, let's not do something by which we will lose all the chances to set them straight." He mumbled.

"But I..." I started however he shook his head.

"Let's do something by which everything will be al right and now make it worse." He added before walking off to freshen up while I stood at the same spot.

"Hey!" he whispered returning to the room after his chatting with his family while I continued to lay on my bed lost in my thoughts from the time I reached the room after our dinner.

However, I ignored him and just closed my eyes to which he sighed before hugging me. I didn't reacted or said a single word but he pressed a kiss to my forehead and we both drifted off into sleep.

"It was a success?" I asked her frowning and she nodded grinning.

"Yes! Yesterday he was so shocked and started mumbling how he liked my hair before and scolded me but he never did that before you know. Finally when I told him I will grow it long without cutting it again and he was so relieved. I felt so happy yesterday, Anusha. And that was because of you otherwise I always thought he just normally likes me but now I know he must like so many things about me." She replied hugging and I smiled hugging her back.

"Then I am relieved. But next time don't take such steps, okay? Start with the conversations and all." I mumbled and walked off after she nodded.

"Are you still angry? Sha! I just... I just want everyone to be happy for us." He mumbled when I stayed silent during our journey.

"I don't want someone to like me when I am not myself. By the way I am more than glad for helping your Bhabhi because she actually likes me." I mumbled and there was complete silence.

"Okay! But just be careful, okay. My Mom is hell bent on thinking worst of you everytime." He said in a pained voice.

"I can't do anything about it, Satvik. She has high expectations and I am happy with what I can achieve at present. I learnt cooking not for her but to have some challenge in my hands." I explained when he stopped near the company.

"Let's hope, her hurt and anger reduces along with my Dad's. And I am very happy that Bhabhi likes you." He said smiling and I smiled back nodding.

"Sure! Just get me the plans for the flat and I want to choose the beds personally. I don't want too costly but not too bad one's also. And also I need a proper kitchen appliances. I don't need much wall hangings at present. So, just get me these." I requested before cutting the call smiling and turned to see Satvik stopped reading the paper and is looking at me.

"Seems like you became shop owner's favortie. He is just keeping on sending all the plans." He commented raising his eyebrow.

"Well, I told him I will decorate our flat with just purchases from his shop. Of course I am his favorite." I said shrugging and moved to arrange the plates that were placed on the table but then heard a movement and turned to see Aunty staring at us along with Manvi.

"Flat?" she asked and I immediately told myself in my head, 'Damn!'

-------------------------

how is it???

comment plz and vote...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 7.9K 43
Drama. Drama. Drama. That pretty much describes my life. I mean when your living with your 7 older brothers, 5 cousins, best friends, and a 3 month o...
3 1 5
This marks the real beginning of a long journey, of pain, suffering, and losses. As ordinary as a journey may start, no one is capable of guessing wh...
82.1K 3.3K 56
"I wanted to remind him of the night we cleared things out. He has all the right to fear especially that we're deviating from the norm. But what is r...
3.7K 142 47
How does one cope when someone close to them is gone? Some will do their best to move on, while others will hold on to the hope that they'll be back...