Unsteady ยป Stiles Stilinski

By OMGitsJustine

โ Hold onto me, cause I'm a little Unsteady. . . โž Sara Sandoval had been thrown a curve ball the past two y... More

Prologue//Playlist
[1] Underneath the Moonlight
[2] Tattoo
[3] Turning Page
[4] Party Into the Night
[5] Chaos Rising
[6] Vaults and Bank Heists
[7] Fireflies
[8] Theories and Confrontations
[9] Highway to Hell
[10] No Vacancy
[11] Murder Motel
[12] Loss of a Friend
[13] Better in Time
[14] What Lies Beneath
[15] Be the Serpent Underneath
[16] Evacuation Plan
[18] Dark Hallow
[19] Shallow Waters
[20] Navigating the Maze
[21] Double Infinity
[22] Bleeding Out
[23] Other Options
[24] Don't Let Me Go
[25] Welcome to the Kingdom
[26] Resurrection
[27] Saturn
[28] Shadow of the Sun
[29] Before Sunset
[30] Unsolved
[31] I Went to the Woods
[32] More Harm Than Good
[33] Let You Down
[34] While You Were Sleeping
[35] Shocker
[36] Dancing in the Dark
[37] Doctor's Orders
[38] Head Above Water
[39] Disturbia
[40] Dollhouse
[41] Control

[17] Taken

432 13 2
By OMGitsJustine

After Peter had volunteered as tribute to stay behind and fight along side Scott, we were rummaging through the drawers trying to find something to give them an advantage point against the twins. Finally coming up with epinephrine, which would make Peter stronger and give him and Scott a better fighting chance. After we injected Peter with it, him and Scott went out into the hallway to fight the twins. Dad had picked Cora up in his arms, Derek keeping an arm on Ms. Blake so she couldn't get away while we waited for our signal to get the hell down to the basement.

"Let's rumble."

I tapped their shoulders, that being our cue to get the hell out of here and down to the basement. I grabbed Stiles hand in mine, us quickly running towards the basement while Dad was behind us with Cora in his arms as Derek followed with Ms. Blake. I let go of Stiles hand, taking my bow out as I pointed it, the two of us making sure the coast was clear. Once it was, we nodded towards the door, continuing to make our way towards the garage.

Once we were down in the basement, Stiles pushed open the door as I kept my bow pointed, making sure there wasn't anyone in here. The coast looked clear as Dad came running in with Cora and Derek with Ms. Blake. We continued running, sighing in relief as we saw the ambulance was still here.

I sighed in relief, luck seemed to be on our side for once. "Come on, set her down." I said, running to open the doors with Stiles so dad could set Cora down inside. Stiles climbed in first, helping me up while the two of us grabbed Cora from dad and set her down gently as possible. I reached my hand out to help Dad in, turning to grab Derek's hand but then we all heard Ms. Blake calling after Derek.

"Derek, over here.." We heard her voice, it sounded slightly scared.

I looked at dad, terrified as I tried asking him what was wrong. But he just motioned for me and Stiles to not move, putting his hand over my mouth so I couldn't make a sound. We all stood perfectly still in the back of the ambulance as we all heard Kali's voice calling after Ms. Blake, then you could hear something jingling around.

Oh, my--...our luck ran out didn't it? She has the keys to the ambulance which means we're stuck here. As if our luck could have lasted this long.

"You can't beat her."

"That's why we're gonna run."

Dad moved to close the ambulance doors, pulling me close to him as we stayed quiet, hearing Kali run after Derek and Ms. Blake. We all stayed quiet, finally letting out sharp breaths when we dubbed that we were safe enough to speak. I sighed, running a hand through my hair as I pulled at it in frustration. I was about to ask Dad what we should do now, maybe he knew how to hotwire a car let alone an ambulance? I mean, there's hope right?

But before I could ask him, I noticed him getting his dagger from his sheath, holding it tight in his arms as I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Uh, what do you think you're doing with that?" I asked dad, panic in my voice as he moved towards the door. I tried moving towards him but Stiles kept me back, holding me close to his chest as I watched my dad unlock the back of the ambulance.

"Stay here."

"No--...where are you going?" I asked, my voice breaking as dad turned around to look at me.

"I'm gonna go find Derek and help him. He can't face the Alphas alone and he sure as hell can't outrun them forever. I'm gonna go get the others and I'll be back, promise." Dad said, trying to move towards the door again but I pushed Stiles away from me, lunging towards my dad. I pulled him into a tight hug, letting out a sharp sigh. Dad held me close, placing a kiss on top of my head before pulling away to look at me. "Be safe..I'll be back."

"Promise--...I-I don't know what I'd do if I lost you. I couldn't survive if you died on me.." I cried, trying to hold it in as Dad stroked my cheek.

"You won't have to find out. I'm gonna go help your friends then we're getting the hell out of here." Dad said before turning to look at Stiles. "Keep my daughter safe."

"With my life." Stiles nodded before dad opened the doors, making me close them behind him.

I sighed, watching as he looked back at me one last time before disappearing into the hospital to go find the others. I let out a small cry, Stiles putting his arms around me to bring me close so I could calm down. After what seemed like forever, I finally pulled away, letting out a sharp sigh as I managed to stop crying.

"I'm okay, we're okay...Ho-how you doing? How's Cora doing? She okay?" I asked Stiles, still steadying my breathing as I heard him gasp slightly. I turned around, looking at him confused before asking what was wrong. "Why isn't she moving? She doe she look like she's not breathing? Stiles, babe--is she breathing?" I questioned Stiles, watching him move closer to her, putting his ear near her mouth as his eyes widened.

"That's because she's not breathing."

My eyes widen in panic as I pushed my hair behind my ear and placed my ear on her chest. I closed my eyes, trying to focus before trying to find a pulse. I checked her wrist and her neck but couldn't find one. "Okay, not good, not good at all. I can't find a pulse. Stiles, I can't find a pulse--.." I panicked as Stiles looked just as pale and panic as I did.

"Wh--..what do we do? What do we do? I don't know CPR. I mean, there's health but I don't--.." Stiles panicked as I grabbed his hand, steadying it while looking at him.

"We're gonna be fine, we're gonna save her. Tilt her head, fingers lightly on her chin, okay? Check if she has anything in her throat--..no? Okay, good. Now just pinch her nose and keep her head tilted. I'll try pumping her chest and blowing air into her lungs." I explained to Stiles while he nodded, doing as I told him.

I took a deep breath, mentally pumping myself up before moving towards Cora. I quickly pumping Cora's chest before telling Stiles to pinch her nose as I pressed my lips to her's, blowing air into her lungs. I pulled back, seeing she still wasn't breathing. "Dammit, come on. Come on, Cora. Don't die. Don't die otherwise Derek will kill us." I breathed out, pumping her chest again before quickly blowing air into her lungs.

We both kept this motion for about a minute or two, I don't even know because it seemed like forever. "Come on, Cora. You're not dying, I don't feel your death. So breathe..Come on, you just need to breathe." I pulled back, pressing my lips to her's as I blew more air into her lungs, pulling back as I kept pumping her chest. "Come on, Cora. Breathe. Breathe--.." I blew more air into her lungs, pulling back as she suddenly started coughing and gasping for air.

I sighed in relief, sitting back as I looking back at Stiles who had this look on his face. "What's that look for?" I asked, letting out a small laugh.

"Nothing--..just thinking how hot that could have been if she hadn't been dying." Stiles made me laugh, hitting him slightly in the arm as I leaned forward, kissing his lips before turning my attention back to Cora.

I put a hand on her arm, soothing it. "Just hold on a little longer, we're gonna get you out of here..Then you and Derek can have the proper family reunion you deserve without anyone dying or trying to kill someone else." I sighed, putting my head down. I know it might seem useless to talk to Cora, since she's passed out. But if by some miracle, she can hear me...then she needs to know we're getting her out of here. Maybe her werewolf hearing could allow her to hear the hope we still had. She needed to have hope and not try dying on us again.

Other wise, it'll kill Derek if he lost her.

"Maybe she's right.." Stiles whispered, making me look over at him slightly confused. "About us just showing up and finding the bodies. Maybe that's all we really do--..." Stiles voice broke as he stared down at his feet before adding, "I don't want to find my dad's body.."

I reached over, grabbing Stiles hand with my free one, giving it a squeeze to reassure him that we were going to be fine. "He's going to be fine. Remember how I asked you to trust me? Trust me when i tell you, I don't have a feeling you're dad's going to die. I'm a Valkyrie, I can predict death and choose those who may die or live. I'm not sure how yet but I know for a fact that your dad is not going to die. You are not going to find his body, you're going to find him. Alive and well. I promise you, your dad is not going to die."

Stiles sighed, slowly nodding his head while thanking me quietly. "Don't worry, I can have enough hope for the both of us." I smiled softly while our moment was suddenly cut short when we heard growling echoing all around us.

I glanced towards the small window on the back of the ambulance, quickly motioning for Stiles to duck as we heard heavy footsteps and growling pass by us. We stayed like this for a few more seconds until I slowly peaked through the small window to make sure the twins were gone. I sighed in relief but this was cut short by someone coming up to the window, quickly banging on the window. I jumped in fright, relaxing when I saw Scott, begging for us to open the doors.

"What the hell, McCall. You almost made me piss myself." I complained while opening the door seeing Scott was supporting Peter. Scott told me to help Peter, which all though I wanted to rip his arm off more than grab it, I still did anyways. I grabbed Peter along with Stiles, pulling him into the ambulance as he quickly checked to make sure Cora was okay while we both turned back to look at Scott.

"Where's Derek and Jennifer? Where's my dad or your mom?" I asked Scott, quickly wanting to know if my dad was okay. If I ever lost him, I'd go out of my freaking mind. I don't think I could survive or live in a world that doesn't have him in it. I probably could but I wouldn't want to.

"I have to go back and look for them." Scott answered.

"Okay, well two problems. One, Kali has the keys to this thing and two, we just saw the twins like thirty seconds ago." Stiles pointed out to Scott, thankfully because I'm paralyzed right now just thinking about how I need to go and find my dad, make sure he's safe. My eyes went wide as you could hear growling all around us, echoing from different areas of the hospital. Dad was out there, wandering these halls with how many psychopathic alphas running around just waiting for something to kill. I shook my head, moving forward as Stiles grabbed my arm, keeping me from leaving the ambulance. "No, what are you doing?" Stiles questioned, panic all over his face as I removed his hand from my arm.

"I can't and won't just sit here while my dad's out there with the freaking Alphas. Not to mention, we don't know if Ms. Blake is going to hold up her end of the deal. She could have killed Derek for all we know and is waiting to murder more people. Including my dad. He needs me." I reminded Stiles while grabbing my blade from it's sheath, holding it tight in my hands as I could feel the anger inside of me.

The thought of someone hurting my dad, it killed me and filled me with intense rage. I'm betting I wouldn't have made a good werewolf for as I would have been like the Alphas, ripping throats out of everyone who pissed me off. But then again, my anger only happened when someone threatened my dad and my loved ones. It's not like I go around with these homicidal thoughts all the time.

I pushed those thoughts out of my mind as Stiles tried begging me to not leave. "Please, Sara--..Stay here. Scott can go get them. You--..." Stiles tried reasoning with me to stay behind and let Scott go save everyone while I quickly showed him my sharp blade that could cut through bone.

"--..are pissed, I'm armed and I'm itching to cut flesh off of bone. If any of them hurt my dad, I'll make sure they wished Jennifer killed them." I threaten, my voice sounding a bit dark as I could feel my eyes glowing their supernatural color. "I don't know how to control my powers yet but I do know--...that I am going to enjoy feeling all their deaths if any of them hurt my dad."

Stiles looked at me shocked, Scott tugging on my arm, before telling me that if I was coming we needed to go now. I quickly shook my head, my eyes shifting back to normal as I offered Stiles a small smile. I leaned in, placing a kiss on his lips before pulling back and promising him something. "I swear to you, I will come back. We're gonna be okay.." I whispered to Stiles.

"If you die, I'll be so pissed." Stiles whispered back, making me laugh slightly even if this was not the appropriate time for jokes. I quickly nodded my head, slowly closing the doors to the ambulance. Stiles looked at me with a sadden look on his face as I mouthed that I loved him so much before running and following Scott down the hallways to go find our parents and Derek and Jennifer.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You can't catch their scents?" I asked Scott, quickly following him down the hallway as I held my blade in my hands. Scott told me he was trying but it was hard from all the smell of the rain outside and other things in the hospital. I stayed quiet, walking beside him as he stopped when we turned down this abandoned hallway. I turned to him, questioning what was wrong.

"I-I thought I heard something.." Scott whispered, closing his eyes so he could focus. I watched him as he opened his eyes when we both heard a distant sound of something dropping to the floor. I turned around, seeing nobody was there.

Great, we're in a freaking horror movie.

I was about to say something until I felt something moving towards us, and fast. "Look out--." Scott yelled, grabbing me by the shoulders as we both fell to the floor to avoid getting hit. I gasped, seeing the twins in their merged ultra form with their fist through the wall. I made a mental note to thank Scott late seeing as they could have knocked my head clean off my body if not for him.

I quickly got up off the floor, trying to take Scott with me but the twins picked him up as if he weighted nothing. I gasped, quickly swinging my blade at them without a second thought. They quickly dodged it, tossing Scott to the wall while they put their arms up to block me from cutting their freaking head off. I managed to slice their arm pretty good, moving to attack again but they grabbed my blade in their hands, growling as I could see the blood dripping from their hands to the floor. I screamed in frustration, kicking them in the shin before grabbing an arrow and stabbing them in the lower stomach.

They growled in pain as Scott used this time to claw them in the back, both of them trying to fight us both. I thought for a second we were having the upper hand until they kicked Scott backwards, picking me up and slamming me against a shelf and tossing me to the floor. I groaned in pain, gasping as I tried getting up but they put a foot on my throat. I gasped, putting my hands around their ankle in an attempt to get them off of me but it was useless.

"Leave her alone!" Scott yelled, trying to come to my aid but the twins quickly overpowered him without lifting their foot off my throat.

They picked Scott up like nothing, shoving him against the wall while growling. "Where is she?!" They growled, cutting off my and Scott's air supply. Scott and I both gasped, tears filling my eyes as I dug my nails into their ankle in an attempt to get them off of me. "We're trying not to hurt you!" They growled.

"Try harder." Scott gasped.

Scott and I were struggling for air until we heard a pair of familiar voices.

"Hey! We'd like to try something!" Scott and I turned our heads, seeing my dad and his mom standing there. The twins dropped Scott to the floor, lifting their foot off of my throat as I rolled over, gasping and coughing for air. I held a hand to my throat, watching as the twins tried moving towards them as Dad kept his bow pointed towards them.

"Watch out!" Dad warned as Scott crawled over to me, covering me with his body as dad let an arrow go, the twins catching it easily.

"You missed." They growled while catching the arrow in their hands with ease.

"Did I?" Dad smirked when the arrow suddenly went off, letting out a flash of light that blinded them.

They growled, trying to cover their eyes before Ms. McCall, used this distraction, moved forward and shoved the paddles to them, sending a shock throughout their entire body. Scott and I watched as his mom dropped the paddles to the floor, seeing the twins had un-merged and fell to the floor shocked. Scott and I gasped in amazement, our parents offering us their hands to stand up. Dad came over to me, picking me up as him and Scott's mom warned us we needed to get the hell out of here and fast.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"I found Melissa, running through the halls. We were on our way back to get you guys when we heard the noise." Dad explained as we were hurrying down the hallways before he glared at me slightly, adding, "I thought I told you to stay put."

I rolled my eyes, grateful he was okay and knowing I'd get shit for this later but the important thing was that he was okay. We all were for the meanwhile. Then Scott and I asked his mom how she got free, to which she said that Deucalion just let her go. Well, that's a shocking turn of events.

"He just let me go, said it was a gesture of goodwill. No other reason." Ms. McCall explained.

Scott and I shook our heads in disagreement. "He had to have a reason. I don't think he does anything without a reason." Scott said while we continued down the hallways.

"Well, if that means I should continue to be profoundly terrified, then don't worry about it. I got that covered." Ms. McCall said as Scott suddenly got this look on his face. He shushed us, slowly moving forward as Dad and I got our weapons ready, slowly following after Scott as we made our way down the hallway.

And just as we turned the corner, ready to kill whichever Alpha it was, we were met face to face with Allison, her dad, and Isaac.

I let out a sigh of relief, Isaac coming over and asking me if I was okay. I nodded my head, telling him that Cora wasn't doing so good before telling him everything that happened. Scott and Mr. Argent quickly told us we could discuss this somewhere a tad bit safer than standing in the open hallways. We all nodded our heads, quickly moving towards an empty operating room before trying to catch the three of them on what has happened since the recital.

"So they're essentially trapped?" Mr. Argent asked.

"Yeah." Scott and I answered before quickly adding that we needed to get Derek and Jennifer out of the elevator before the alphas find them and kill them. I cared about if Derek died, Ms. Blake? Ehh not so much.

"But there's no way of getting them out without turning the power back on." Isaac pointed out while we all stood around the room and trying to come up with a plan. Dad kept his weapon pointed at the door, waiting in case something happened.

"Wait, wait, wait. If the power's back on they're gonna hear the elevator moving, right?" Ms. McCall pointed out.

"And they'll be on Jennifer and Derek before it stops. We can't get in a fight with them, we won't win." I said, rubbing the back of my neck while texting Stiles everything that was happening to keep him in the light.

"You've got us now." Mr. Argent said, nodding to both him and Allison.

"It's too risky. They want her dead, and if she dies, there's nothing we can do for Stiles dad or Cora." Scott and I warned them.

Mr. Argent looked confused. "I don't think I even know which teacher this is."

"She's..she's the one with the brown hair. Kind of hot." Isaac said, making all of us snap our heads in his direction. I gave him an annoyed look, rolling my eyes while he stuttered a bit. "No, it's..-just an observation." Isaac stuttered, looking down at the ground as we all glared at him. We all stood around, trying to come up with something as Allison got this look on her face.

"I've got an idea." Allison said, all of us turning to her to hear what plan she had in mind.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So, our plan was this;

Allison was going to be running down the hallway in Jennifer's heals to distract the alphas so while my dad went with Ms. McCall to turn the power back on so they wouldn't hear Derek and Jennifer getting out of the elevator. In the meantime, Allison's dad, Allison, and I would be distracting the Alphas even more so Isaac could drive the Argent's car around to get Stiles, Cora, and Peter out of the basement.

I stood by, holding my bow in my hands, getting it ready as I waited along side Mr. Argent. "You nervous?" Mr. Argent asked as I simply nodded my head, before glancing to the bow in my hands. "Impressive bow. You know how to use it?" He asked me.

I nodded my head. "It was my mother's. I know how to use it, my dad showed me. And I can't wait to put an arrow through the Alphas skull." I practically growled as we could hear the sound of heels running towards us.

We watched as Allison ran towards us, motioning like she "fell" to the floor. My eyes went wide as I watched Kali jump from a second story window, crashing to the floor with ease. Kali, Ethan, and Aiden all growled towards us as Allison turned around, revealing herself as she had her own bow in her hands. Soon me and her started firing our bows with our flash arrows at the Alphas, distracting them as Mr. Argent fired his guns.

The Alphas growled, running away while I ran back to go get my dad. As I was running through the hallway, I stopped as I saw Derek lying unconscious on the floor of the elevator with Jennifer no where to be found.

Oh, no...

I gasped, somehow managing to find movement in my legs as I ran towards the staircase, making my way to the roof where my dad and Ms. McCall were supposed to be. I ran as fast as I could, pushing open the doors to the roof as I saw Scott standing on the roof, yelling for his mom. My eyes went wide as I looked all around, screaming for my own dad. I cried, yelling his name over and over in the off chance that he was just knocked out, not taken to be a part of this horrible sacrificial thing.

"Dad! Dad, where are you! Dad, please! It's Sara! Dad! Dad!"

My heart broke as tears streamed down my face as I didn't see him anywhere in sight. Him or Ms. McCall. I looked towards Scott, throwing my hands up in defeat as we both heard Deucalion's voice.

"They're gone. Guardians, Scott. If you were with me, I could've told you what it meant. I could've warned you. Let me help you, Scott. Let's help each other. You help me catch her, and I'll help you get your mother, Sara's father, and Stiles father back." Deucalion offered Scott.

I looked at him in disgust scoffing that he thinks we'd actually accept that deal. Let alone that Scott would accept it. "Go to hell, Scott's never going with you..Right, Scott? Scott--.." I said, turning to see the distraught look on Scott's face. He looked broken, sad, and defeated. Oh, no..

Stiles then ran onto the roof, coming to my side as we both watched Scott take steps towards Deucalion. This was not a good idea, this was a horrible idea. He can't be trusted either! "Scott--.." Stiles and I both called after him, begging him not to go with Deucalion but he didn't listen to us. "Don't do this. Don't go with him..-" Stiles and I begged Scott as Scott turned his head slightly.

"..-I don't know what else to do." Scott said, his tone of voice broken.

I shook my head. "Scott, come on. There--..There's gotta be something else. We always--We always have a plan B. Let's figure out a plan B."

Scott was sobbing quietly, tears in his eyes as he fully turned around to look at Stiles and I. My heart broke seeing Scott like this, it hurt seeing him like this. I had tears in my own eyes as I watched Scott slowly shake his head. "Not this time." Scott whispered, tears in his eyes as he tried taking another step towards Deucalion but Stiles and I called after him, making him stop and turn around to look at us. "I'm gonna find your dad, both of your dads..I promise." Scott promised, walking away with Deucalion as Stiles and I were left to wonder what the hell just happened.

author's note: 

i just came back from vegas and im exhausted. So here's the newest chapter hope you all like it :) im so excited for this book and all of Sara's storylines that are coming. My heart cannot wait for you all to read it :D <333333

talk soon, 

stay golden

-J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

775K 20.8K 103
๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ Riley Winters knew noth...
38.7K 1.4K 28
It happened so fast. It was all chaos. The emotions. The tears. The pain. Flashes. One second...I could see. The next...I had been blinded...by my be...
118K 4.4K 57
[BOOK 6] 10 YEARS LATER... Ten years ago, Aspen left Beacon Hills for good and never once looked back. The pack had mostly gone their separate ways o...
28.4K 1.1K 27
"๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’† ๐’•๐’๐’๐’Œ ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’•๐’„๐’‰ ๐’‘๐’Š๐’๐’๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’” ๐’Ž๐’๐’“๐’๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ." Dylan goes from running with one sketchy crowd to another. She c...