I Think I Love My Brother's B...

By katiebarakarth

Meet Skye Barker. She pretty, smart, heartbroken, and Adam Barker's little sister. Meet Chace Matthews. He's... More

I Think I Love My Brother's Best Friend
A House Party
A Fresh Start
Apologize
Bro Code
Dress Like A Nun
First Day Of School
Forgetting
Pizza
Messing Around
Chace Vs. Jake In The Battle Of Skye
Chivalry Is Dead
Drive Me Utterly Crazy
In A Matter Of Ten Seconds
Wanna Bet?
Complicated
Get Out
Make Skye Cry
Figure It Out
Dancing With Blondey-Bear Claw
Last Night
Stop It
No One
Up All Night
Ninth Grade Diary
Worst Day Ever
Sticking My Foot In My Mouth
I Like Your Shirt, Now Take It Off
The Morning After
Apologize To The Condoms
Adam's Pancakes
The Best Intentions
Bro, Let Me Love You
You In, Beautiful?
Happy Birthday Skye
Stupid, Cheesy, Romantic Movie
Decided
Take That Back
How I Feel
Break Up
The End
Sneak Peek

Tongue Rubbing Competition

179K 4.5K 1.4K
By katiebarakarth

A/N: Oh my gosh! Last time I check Wattpad- which was like yesterday- I only had about 9,000 reads and now I'm in the 10,000s? You guys are the best! :)

"Hey, Aaron, can you give me and Jake a minute?" I asked my best friend.

"It's my house," he whinned.

"Thank you," I grinned.

"Fine," he sigh jokingly and left the room.

I couldn't believve I was actually going to have to say this to Jake. Not only that, but I couldn't believe I wanted to say it. How on Earth was I choosing Chace? He was horrible for me. He was jealous, posessive, difficult, complicated- all in all he pretty much drove me insane. So why you ask was I choosing him?

I was beginning to wonder that myself. Jake was good to me. He was caring, sweet, smart, and he never once made me want to die. But wasn't teenage love supposed to make you want to die sometimes? Teenage love was supposed to be perfect, amazing, beautiful, just plain awesome. I was supposed to have tears on my pillow and pain mixed with happiness. There must've been a reason I was constantly gravitating towards Chace.

Yet somehow when I was about to tell Jake this I was having second thoughts. Not about telling Jake it wasn't going to happen. I refused to string him along when I was still feeling this way about Chace. No, my second thoughts were about Chace. For some reason Aaron's words 'no one' rang in my ears.

I wasn't quite ready to rule out Chace, but I knew the right choice for me and Jake.

"I know," I swallowed and started my sentence over, "You told me you loved me-"

"Love, as in currently," Jake corrected.

I looked down at the floor. Then I looked to the bed he was sitting on, the ceilling, the posters on his walls, the window across the room from me showing a cluster on tree branches in the moonlite night which shone onto the light blue walls. In short, I looked eveywhere and anywhere, but him.

"Okay," I nodded, "you love me. So before I can tell you this I need you to know that I really love you too."

He smiled once he heard love and then seemed to remember I said that I had to tell him something else. He grimaced, "What do you have to say?"

"I can't, I mean we can't go out," I stammered, but tried to contain myself, "because I don't know have I feel about Chace and that would be so unfair to you."

He nodded slowly as if a little kid had just told him something twisted- like shock and disbelief all in one.Then his nod turned into a more confirming one and he ended it with one hard, or at least not as soft as before, nod.

"So, um, I guess figure your feelings out about Chace and then we can move on from there," he suggested.

That was not the reaction I was expecting at all. I didn't want him to be upset, but I also didn't want him to think waiting it out was a good idea because I doubted the two of us would be in a relationship very soon. I needed, wanted in fact, for him to move on.

"Jake," I said sternly yet somehow sympatheticly, "you need to move on. I don't see us in a relationship soon."

"I know," he smirked, "I was talking about later."

If I hadn't been on such a strong mission to get him to move on I probably would've laughed, but I didn't.

"I'm serious Jake!"

"It's fine," he assured me, "Give me one goodbye kiss and I'll move on."

"You will?" I asked skepically.

"I'll be out of your hair... romantically at least," he cracked smiled.

I nodded, "Okay, just one goodbye kiss."

I braced myself as he leaned in and cupped my face on both sides. His lips hit mine and made mine moved in sync with his. He then slowly moved his tongue into my mouth and I did the same.

I didn't think a goodbye kiss was like this. In all the movies the goodbye kiss usually consisted of a peck. Most of the time it seemed to be on the cheek. But in my goodbye kiss there was tongue, and lots of it. It was wrong to give Jake this kind of hope, but it was the purist of things.

He pulled back and my unconcious smile turned to a frown.

He clearied his throat, "Goodbye Skye."

"Bye Jake," I did a little, pathetic wave as I watched him walk out of Aaron's door.

After starring at the door for a minute or so I plopped down on Aaron's bed. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh.

"That good, huh?" Aaron asked.

"What?" I opened my eyes and turned my head toward him.

He motioned for me to move over and climbed onto the bed with me after I scrooched over.

"What happened?" he asked.

"I told Jake he needed to move on because I had to figure out my feelings for Chace. Then he gave me a goodbye kiss and left," I stated robotically.

"Any kiss could be amazing if you put enough work into it," he told me.

"Really?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah, come here," he cupped my face.

I slapped his hand away. "What are you doing?" I exclaimed.

"What do you think I'm doing?" he asked, "We don't have romantic feelings for each other and I'm going to kiss you to prove any kiss can be a good kiss."

I hesistated before answering, "Okay."

He nodded and cupped my face again. Pulling me in towards him and our lips touched. Quicker then the speed of light we pulled away. It was horrifing to kiss your best friend.

"Oh my god!" I exclaimed.

"I can believe we just did that!" Aaron stood up off the bed and rubbed his tongue.

"Oh my god!" I repeated and leaped up also while wiping my mouth.

"Why did you let me do that?!"

I scoffed, "You're the one who decided to do it!"

"You're the girl! You're supposed to say no!" he accused.

"What are you talking about? You said it wouldn't matter because we're not romatically linked!"

"Well I was wrong!" he yelled and continued to wipe his mouth.

"No, I was wrong!" I repeated his tongue rubbing.

Then we got into some weird tongue rubbing competition. We stared each other down and kept wiping faster and faster. What was wrong with us? It must've been the shock from the kiss, I reasoned.

There was a light knock on the door and Ms. Patton, Aaron's mom, walked in. She looked between the two of us rubbing our tongues.

She shook her head, "What are you two doing?"

We dropped our hands and said at the same time, "Nothing!"

A/N: I really love chapters when I get to write about Aaron and Skye. I don't know, their relationship is just cute. at least to me. Oh, follow me @katiebarakarth on Twitter for updates. Comment, vote, and fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.1K 460 100
Novel Summary: [Book 2] From the poor little girl who ate hundreds of meals in the small mountain village to the wealthy lady, the five-year-old Nuan...
320K 9.6K 52
❝ this is probably the closest possible way i can ever reach you. ❞ copyrights - all right reserved.
633K 28.2K 43
Sequel to "The Girl Who Stutters, and The Boy Who Mutters." Scott and Abby have been through hell and back together, will they be able to survive a f...
33.5K 1.9K 61
When bubbly, outgoing and talkative Ida Abberline joins PAAZ, one of the most selective and elitist schools in the world, she's thrilled and starts d...