ONYX(unedited;1st draft)

By Myqueens34

"I don't want you either." I murmur, knowing he'd hear me. He did, and his body tensed, his hands balling at... More

Best Thing That's Happened All Year
Must've Saw Something Scary
The Alpha
The Wicked Truth
I'd Rather Get A Job
Check Me When I Care
Why Do You Care?
Be A Girl. Scream Or Something.
You Irritate Me
You Cut Your Hair?
Too Much People
Do Not Command Me
It Was Supposed To Keep Me In
That's None Of Your Business
Leave Me Alone
People Don't Normally Do This Do They?
I Don't Want That
I Don't Need You
Keep Your Toys Out Of My Room
Out And About
Then Show Me
Start Acting Like A Brother
Your Mom's A Witch?
They're All Staring
I Was Having Too Much Fun
No One Taught Me
Make Them Sweat A Little
It's Alright
Don't Make Fun Of It
You Will Not Be There
Why Haven't You Killed Her
I Do Whatever I Want
I Feel Fine
I Guess That Was Strike Three
I Came To Check Up On You
What If I Told You...
He Can Still Do It
You Don't Understand
If You Need Me, Call Me
What The Hell Is Your Problem?
I Like Them
I Really Liked That Movie
I'm In Too Deep Now
Do You Not Get It?
Pay Attention To Me
You Have A Restaurant?
I Highly Doubt That
I Don't Really Care
Don't Say That In Public
When I Feel Like It
I Didn't Let Him
Don't Question My Motives
Fine, Let's Talk
I Heard What You Said
I'm Having A Blood Bath
I Never Do
You Wear It To Sleep
I'm Anything But
It Doesn't Matter
I'm Sorry
Is That A No?
I'm Nice To You
Not Every Kid
Snapped
Crashing
You're Half Of Me
I Am Not...
She's Exactly Like Your Brother
Who's He?
That's Not Very Hard To Believe
Damian Didn't Finish The Story
I Found Everything
We Have To Get Out
...Tell Her Yourself
Tic... Toc
How About A Son
I'll Take Your Word For It
Didn't Say You Did
Live For Yourself
Freaky, Demon Werewolf Or Not
She Wants A Chase
We All Fall Down
She Just Died
One Life For Another
What happened to her?
You Lied To Me
That Woman Gives You Meaning?
I'll Spend The Rest Of My Life Making It Up To You

Can I Ask You Something?

18K 745 77
By Myqueens34

61. Can I Ask You Something?

  Ace and I were laying on our backs, staring up at the sky and talking about anything and everything.

  He didn't seem to be in a rush to leave and I didn't ask. He was still in his formal clothes minus the suit jacket, so I had a feeling he should be going back soon but I wanted to keep this for a moment, knowing that when he goes back to work, it'll probably be for a while.

  The sun was almost setting and the trees were casting a shadow over us and the river.

  Feeling a bit guilty, I finally said, "You can go back. I promise I won't get angry about you working anymore."

  "You don't get angry about me working," He said, "You get angry because I work too much," He took my hand, pulling me over until I was flushed against his side, then he started running his hand through my hair messily, "But I'm done for the day."

  My face distorted against his chest and I tried to pull away but held me tight against him, messing up my hair even more.

  "Stop!" I screeched, reaching up to grip his hand to stop it from moving through my hair.

  He laughed heartily and I tilt my head back to glare at him. He grinned down at me as he started running his fingers through my hair again, gently this time, to tame it or make it look somewhat normal from the nest that he just made of it.

  "You're so beautiful," He said, smiling.

  I narrowed my eyes even though my heart rate picked up, "Don't try to butter me up," I said lowly, watching his lips twitch into a wider smile.

  "Can I ask you something?" I asked after a moment of us staring at each other like weirdos.

  He nodded, his thumb running back and forth across my jaw with his hand rest on the side of my neck.

  "When I told you that someone asked me out, a couple months ago, why were you so okay with telling me to go?"

  It bothered me. I never said anything back then, because my pride wouldn't let me. I didn't want him to see how much that had affected me. It made me feel as if he didn't care. I'm supposed to be his and he was okay with giving me away. I didn't like it. But now that I've gotten past that stage of my pride coming first when I'm with him, I'm ready for answers.

  His thumb still moved along my jaw and his other hand ran up and down my back, "I wasn't," He said briefly and I frowned at him. He lets out a long breath, "Syl," He whispered.

  "What?" I said, confused. He was looking at me all weird.

  "When you told me how you grew up," He paused, his eyes bouncing over my face before he met my gaze again, "I wanted to give you everything. I still do. You were isolated and abused. You had nothing and I can't imagine that, because I had everything. I went to school, I had friends, girlfriends. I went to parties, I've traveled the world and you..." His hand slid down and his held my chin gently for a moment, "You didn't have that. So I had to say fuck it with my feelings because it wouldn't make me any better than them if I kept you isolated and dictated your choices. I've made mistakes growing up and I wanted you to live and learn like most people do. But it doesn't look like you want to," He had a smug smile on his face at the last part, but that didn't stop the smile that was breaking across my face.

  I flung an arm over his torso, hugging myself to him to the point where I was practically laying on him, "Why are you so thoughtful?"

  He smiled, "Had a wake up call."

  I moved my hand along his side, resting my cheek on his chest.

  "Which reminds me," He said after a minute or two and I held back an amused grin, "What do you think about college?"

  I immediately tilted my head back, looking up at him, "College?"

  "Yeah. You don't have to go, but if there's something that you're really interested in and feel you'd like to do it for a living," He shrugs, "Just something to think about in the long run."

  "Don't get me wrong," I said, chewing on my lip, "But don't I need like, high school stuff, y'know... that I don't have."

  It's like there was a permanent smile etched onto his face, "I know, but we'll make it happen if you ever want to."

  "You're the best," I whispered without thinking. There was something building inside me. It was an intense feeling that seemed to be getting stronger as I stared at him, but I liked it.

  At the same time it scared me.

¿*?

   I stared at myself for a few more second in the bathroom mirror above the sink before turning away and walking out, flicking the light off behind me.

  What caught my attention as I walked into the room, was the fact that Ace was out on the balcony— shirtless in a pair of joggers and socks on his feet—speaking rapidly on the phone. He didn't sound very happy at what he was hearing, but I didn't listen in. I'll ask him when he's done.

  So instead, I walk up to the dresser and started brushing my damp hair back from my face and once again finding myself staring at my reflection in the mirror. I never do this often, because I'd find it weird since I'm not used to seeing myself—or rather, I wasn't used to seeing myself.

  This time though, a smile twitched at my lips. I never thought life would ever get better for me and I never thought that one day I'd actually be happy, but now, seeing myself, here with him—all I could do was smile. It was an indescribable feeling.

  Back then, I never hoped and I never dreamed. I used to, when I was much younger, but the older I got, the more I lost the small amount of hope that I had for myself, until eventually, I was just a shell of a person, walking around whenever I got the chance, and pissing people off. Because at the time, I never thought anyone else deserved happiness if I didn't.

  But at this point in my life, I'd never wish for anyone to live the life that I did. It's a miracle how I got out of it alive. Actually for me it wasn't. If it was someone else, I would've wondered how they got out if it alive.

  Ace came back into the room, his jaw locked and his grip was so tight on the cell phone in his hand, I thought he was going to crush it in a second. I watched him silently through the mirror as he threw the phone on the bed and dropped down on it a second later, releasing a loud breath and throwing an arm across his eyes.

  I held back a smile and turn to face the bed before making my way over. This wasn't the first time I've seen him like this so it was the norm around here. Either it was his company or his pack, most of the time it's his company, nothing ever really comes up about his pack that's negative.

  I sat down next to him and lowered myself onto my back then turned onto my side, staring at the side of his face. This went on for a minute or two.

  "What?" He huffs out gruffly, obviously knowing that I've been staring at him.

  "You're angry," I responded.

  "No shit," He grunts, "Listen, just- I don't wanna talk right now."

  I chewed on my bottom lip for a moment before nodding, "Okay."

  I know he'll tell me if he wants to and I also know that when I tell someone that I don't want to talk, I mean it and I'd love to be left alone, so I gave him that.

  I got up, pulling my shorts down a bit as I slid my feet into a pair of his flip flops that were sticking out from beneath the bed, then I started making my way to the door. Because if I can't talk to him, I don't have anything else to do and I'm not tired.

  "Where you going?"

  I turned back to see him sitting up on the bed, his back was turned to me, "Downstairs."

  He got up, turning toward me and crossing his arms over his chest, causing his muscles to bulge, "Why?"

  "Because... I can..." I responded slowly.

  He was staring at me blankly, "Not because I say I don't want to talk, doesn't mean you should leave."

  "Well that's exactly what it means when I say that so-"

  "Yeah, well, we're two different people, Syl," He cuts me off, rolling his eyes.

  "That," I said, pointing at him, "That's exactly why I'm leaving, because I'm in too much of a good mood to let your attitude ruin it and I don't get these often, so," I waved, turning back and reaching for the doorknob.

  As I was pulling the door open it slammed shut as his hand shot out of nowhere.

  Dumb, werewolf speed.

  "You are staying here," He said and his voice was incredibly deeper, almost a low rumble.

   I rolled my eyes impeccably slow before turning around to face his metallic grey eyes and crossed my arms, "Jerome."

  "Sylvia," He growls.

  My eyes narrowed, but in my head I was thinking:

  He got really bad news if something this small triggers his wolf and causes him to lose control.

  And then on the other hand I was thinking:

  Does he really think he scares me?

  "Go to bed Sylvia," He said hardly.

  I smiled sarcastically, "I'm not tired."

  A low growl emanated from his chest and the next second he was gripping my arms tightly in his hands.

  He's really messing up my mood.

  All my restraint vanished into thin air and I tensed in his hold, "I will snap your neck," I threatened, "If you don't get your hands off me."

  For some reason that made him hold me even tighter and my jaw clenched, because I battling with myself. I didn't like hurting Ace unless he was the one fully in control and aware of his actions. That way it was fair.

  Jerome was a lot more aggressive and I don't think he likes me very much to begin with, so that's probably why he has no problem hurting me. Ace had told me that sometimes when Jerome is in control, it's kind of like a blackout on his part, and he doesn't know what happened until someone tells him or he gains back control in time to see what he's doing.

  His hands loosened the more he stared at me and I wondered what was going on in his head. When his hands dropped to his sides, his face was impassive.

  "Sorry," He huffs.

  My eyebrows furrowed as I stared into his eyes, "Why do you hate me?" I blurted out.

  He stared at me for a couple seconds, silent and I couldn't read him, "I don't."

  "That's funny," I voiced.

  "You're not laughing."

  That caused my lips to twitch involuntarily, "Can I have my boyfriend back?"

  It was his turn to smirk, "I am your boyfriend."

  I shook my head, "Sometimes I wish I could drag you out of his body so I can beat the shit out of you," That caused him to double over in laughter. It was so weird. I was talking to someone completely different that's inside my boyfriend's mind and it's creepy as hell. I was talking to a wolf. It gets weirder if you say it out loud.

  The only thing that doesn't make this awkward is the fact that their eyes are different. Completely different. Then their personalities are so far apart, but not too far.

  When he sobered up, he was still in a fit of chuckles as he said, "I've seen you fight and to be honest I do think you can take me on," He shrugs.

  I bat my eyelashes dramatically, "I don't need you tell me that, I already know."

  What he did next knocked the breath out of me.

  He took a quick step forward, sliding his hand to the back of my neck to tangle in my damp hair and tilt my head back.

  I took in a sharp breath that got caught in my throat as he brought his face impossibly close to mine to the point where I could feel his breath on my lips.

  "I don't hate you," He said lowly, his voice straining because of how deep it is, "Far from it."

  "What are you doing?" I breathed. I was rooted on the spot. This is what happens most of the time—not particularly Jerome—when Ace catches me off guard and I think his wolf has learned that along the way.

  He nudged his nose against mine softly, inching closer.

  "This isn't considered cheating is it?" I choked out, my voiced barely above a whisper I'd be surprised if he even heard me despite how close we are.

  But when he let out a breath that sounded like somewhat of an amused sound, I couldn't dwell on it long enough, because my mind went completely blank when he took my bottom lip between his with a low groan.

  I reached out to grip his shirt, then I remembered he wasn't wearing one when my hands came in contact with bare skin. Smooth and hard. A sound came from the back of my throat and I dragged my nails down his chest while pressing myself closer.

  Something rippled through him and I felt his arm wrap around my waist, tugging me forward sharply, making me almost stumble into his chest.

  Everything was a haze, but there was the distinct feeling of his teeth pulling at my bottom lip and nipping at it gently with his and tilting my head back even more, while tugging at my hair. The sharp sting caused caused another sound to erupt from me.

  As I said, he was much more aggressive, this being proof. Ace is never this aggressive with me, not that I ever thought about it until now, but it was... It was something alright.

  Eventually, things slowed and ended with him pressing his lips to mine multiple times before pulling back slightly. I could till feel his breath on my lips, only now it was more rugged. His hand loosened its hold on my hair and his arm slid from around my waist to settle on my hip.

  "Syl?"

  My eyes fluttered open slowly, connecting with dark brown ones.

  "What happened?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631K 18.1K 26
"I could never hate you," I blurt out. Her head snaps up, and I see the hope twinkling in her eyes, which made it harder to say, "But it's just my wo...
4.4K 158 35
An angry growl escaped my throat as my vision blurred. My wolf is taking control, and it's the bad one. She bit at me, growling and slashing, making...
220K 3.9K 40
*Preview* "Hey, Dakoda?" Marc stopped me. I turned back to him. "Yea?" "Promise me something." His words paused any thoughts of wanting to just hea...
50.3K 1.8K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...