Countdown ✓

By EkemWrites

| 𝐀𝐧 𝐎𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐨𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 | After surviving a cataclysmic event that strips away th... More

Future Author's Note (2021)
Awards
Dedication
Shadow (Prologue)
Whiteclaw (many years ago)
Whiteclaw (12 days left)
Whiteclaw (5 days left)
Whiteclaw (7 days before)
Shadow (3 days left)
Shadow (10 years ago)
Blue (2 days left)
Whiteclaw (1 day left)
Lavender (3 hours left)
Shadow (10 minutes left)
Blue (1 minute left)
Lavender (Impact)
Alicea (Impact)
Whiteclaw (Impact)
Blue (60 minutes after)
Lavender (70 minutes after)
Alicea (90 minutes after)
Whiteclaw (2 hours after)
Blue (12 hours after)
Alicea (24 hours after)
Whiteclaw (35 hours after)
Whiteclaw (36 hours after)
Alicea (47 hours after)
Whiteclaw (48 hours after)
Blue (48 hours after)
Lavender (48 hours after)
Thunder (49 hours after)
Thunder (10 years ago)
Blue (3 days after)
Lavender (4 days after)
Shadow (4 days after)
Shadow (5 days after)
Lavender (5 days after)
Whiteclaw (5 days after)
Shadow (6 days after)
Alicea (7 days after)
Alicea (8 days after)
Shadow (8 days after)
Whiteclaw (10 days after)
Whiteclaw (66 million years after)
Whiteclaw (11 days after)
Lavender (12 days after)
Whiteclaw (12 days after)
Whiteclaw (13 days after)
Blue (14 days after)
Atlas (15 days after)
Baja (15 days after)
Lavender (16 days after)
Atlas (16 days after)
Whiteclaw (17 days after)
Whiteclaw (18 days after)
Atlas (18 days after)
Blue (19 days after)
Lavender (19 days after)
Shadow (20 days after) (600 reads special!)
Whiteclaw (20 days after)
Drexel (21 days after)
Whiteclaw (21 days after)
Drexel (18 years ago) (100 votes special!)
Drexel (22 days after)
Whiteclaw (22 days after)
Whiteclaw (23 days after)
Atlas (24 days after)
Blue (24 days after)
Lavender (25 days after)
Cal (26 days after)
Shadow (27 days after)
Shadow (27 days after)(200 votes special)
Shadow (28 days after)
Whiteclaw (The Clock) Part 1
Whiteclaw (The Clock) Part 2
Shadow (29 days after)
Breeze (29 days after)
Shadow (The Clock Part 1)
Stella (30 days after)
Shadow (The Clock)
Shadow (The Clock)
Whiteclaw (31 days after)
Stella (31 days after)
Stella (31.5 days after)
Whiteclaw (Into The Clock)
Whiteclaw (The Clock Part 1)
Stella (The Clock Part 2)
Stella (The Clock Part 3)
The 33rd Day (Part 1)
The 33rd Day (Part 2)
DEATH
Shadow (Part 1)
Shadow (Part 2)
Shadow (66 million years later)
Tagged By ShadowDragonStar
STORY FACTS & MORE!
What Was Bound To Happen (Author's Note 2021)

Whiteclaw (21 days after)

62 6 0
By EkemWrites

Sorry for the wait guys! Had some trouble in school for tests and stuff, but nothing serious. I also struggled to find a good picture for this part. If its there. If not, i'll fix it :D 

When I mean the Countdown Clock is going to affect everyone, its literally going to affect everyone! In this part, Whiteclaw will strangely become the next victim of the witch-like creation!

I sat silently when he finished his story, completely emotionless and utterly silent while lying upon a rock of sorrow and growing anger. Drexel closed his eyes, letting another tear flow freely, sniffed, then wiped it off.

"Yeah.....so.....that's about it," He shuddered, looking around to find comfort, "That's what I was hiding." He fell silent, swallowing again, then broke down silently, struggling to wipe away the floods of tears from his eyes. His eye scales themselves were wetter than being drenched in the rain, and his tail was evermore quieter than the dead atmosphere on Earth. I looked down at the ground, still speechless and gone, but inside, the emotions were stirring themselves around in my stomach, twisting and churning at some points, enough to make my face change. And overtime, it grew harder and harder, turning my eyes red and burning the saltiest tears from the back of my mind. My chest stung as if someone struck it, and I gaped my jaw a bit, shaking my head to disregard whatever I heard. Anger bubbled in my soul more so than my sorrow and grievings, and my eyes narrowed themselves, yet I held in my constant growl for now. Eventually, the anger rose up to my throat, resolving in a my own voice speaking out towards the Utahraptor.

"You lied to me..." I whispered, gripping my claw tightly as the emotions attacked me externally. Drexel looked up from the ground and stared at me questionable.

"What?"

"You lied," I repeated harsher, "You lied to me." I paused for a second, swallowing in the sorrow to speak again with saliva gurgling in my throat, "You didn't kill my parents in fear,.......you killed them in anger."

"Whiteclaw..." Drexel stood up, "Please....just understand-"

"WHAT?" I slammed my fist into the earth before standing up, "What should I possibly understand Drexel?! That you were sorry? Sorry for murdering my parents in cold-blood? That you didn't mean to..." I trailed off trembling with my claws.

They're dead.

He killed them.

They're dead.

"Whiteclaw-"

"Don't you freaking Whiteclaw me!" I interrupted and hissed with tears spilling down my face, shuddering hard, "You murdered them! You murdered them both!"

"They killed my mother!" Drexel snapped as I spun around, "What was I supposed to do, let them dance on her grave like those Beelzebufos?!" He cursed silently, then turned to me, "Don't you even care about what they did to me?"

"They were defending themselves!" I hissed, "Utahraptors and Deinonychus were enemies at the time!"

"The more reason why they killed my mother!" Drexel countered back, then narrowed his eyes, "Maybe you should've learned who the hell your parents really were instead of seeking the truth from me! Because the ones you know aren't the ones I do."

"They're my parents!" I screeched, "MINE! I know them better than you Drexel! They would never hurt me! They would never give up on me or my brothers, and every day, they would risk their lives to give food to me and my selfish siblings only to eat the scraps thereafter because they cared about me! They didn't care about themselves, they cared about me! ME! They would never hurt me or anyone!"

"Would your parents murder an innocent Utahraptor in the middle of the woods just for fun?" Drexel growled.

"Would a Utahraptor murder two helpless Deinonychus in the middle of the woods because he's 'angry'?" I flashed back. Drexel inhaled hard, letting steam puff out afterwards from his two nostrils.

He was speechless. I could tell.

"You've been teaching me about fear. How you could use fear to fight prey, how fear is essential, how fear is everything. How you've used fear your entire life. And here you are....killing two of my kind. My family for your own happy sake."

"To not make the same mistake that I did-"

"Mistake?!" I roared. That was hell no mistake. That was purposeful, "That was no damn mistake!"

"Whiteclaw enough."

"No," I was in tears now, "No it's not enough. I need to know all of it. Right now." I've never felt anger feel so powerful in my soul before, and it lifted me up and strengthened me like never before. Strange noises began to enter in my ears too, but I ignored it for now.

"Whiteclaw!" Drexel's eyes were widening as he stared at me.

I didn't care about his pleas. He broke my father. And impaled my mother.

He deserves justice.

"Did you even care?" I half-growled, half-sobbed as I moved towards him, "Did you even think twice before taking their lives?!"

"Whiteclaw," Drexel was growing nervous, staring at my eyes a bit more, "Your eyes!"

"DID YOU?" I hissed, baring my teeth, "Did you even freaking care?!" For some reason, everything around me was growing darker, but Drexel's image stayed, turning dark red; the color of evil.

Something's wrong, part of me stated, Whiteclaw break out of it. Just forgive him!

No.

Whiteclaw....stop!.....What's happening?! My brain screamed as the world grew darker. My eyes seemingly focused on Drexel instead of anything else, and I felt power, something I thought didn't even exist, stream through my veins like electricity and energy.

He lied Whiteclaw, A new voice hissed evilly, don't you want revenge?

Whiteclaw wake up! It's the Clock-

He took everything you've ever cared about!

Whiteclaw!! My mind's ego suddenly began to silence, making me panic. The tingle from my blood slipped away, and I felt as if I was held or strapped tight enough to not even move..

He murdered your parents in cold blood, the voice continued, your mother impaled by his rage. Your father broken by his selfishness.

He did hurt my family, I felt more rage pour onto my soul like tar, He didn't even care. He never cared.

I felt my knees bend low, and my teeth taste the air as my jaws opened up, snarling and hissing without regular words. Then my heart skipped a beat.

Why can't I move?

Yes! LET IT BOIL INSIDE YOU! LET IT GO!

"Whiteclaw!" Drexel's voice seemed far away, "You're going to attack me! Fight it! Fight-" Then I felt my body jerk forwards, not even under my control. And I attacked without reason, without purpose, without even knowing what I was doing. Drexel hit the wall from my shoulder into his side, and Three-Toed Caverns shuddered and drizzled with the ceiling dust. Drexel hit the earth hard, tumbling down a small ramp onto the dusted floor in the shadows of the cave.

"Whiteclaw stop!" Drexel cried before I jumped upon him. I couldn't even move. I could just watch as my savage self dug harsh wounds into Drexel's back, things that I thought I could never do. Drexel shook my body off, and I fell with a hard thud. Though for some reason, I felt the pain rather than my own self!

This is exactly what happened to Shadow!

Except someone, or something is fighting for me.

And its not going to stop!

Drexel attacked next, knocking me back down with his feet before other me could have a chance to resurface.

"Whiteclaw wake up! Please!" He cried, "I don't want to hurt you!" My other self then pulled away from Drexel, and mere seconds later, delivered a powerful blow with my claw to his face. Drexel got slammed again in the face, then sliced in the shoulder another few seconds later. Before he could even react, I was crashing down upon him, ripping his flesh like a leaf. His neck got cut by my sharp claws, then his belly got impaled. Drexel only let out a gurgle of pain, before collapsing to the earth silently. And yet despite his pain, I still continued on.

NO! I screamed inside my head, Stop it! STOP!! I don't want to hurt him! My other self grabbed Drexel by the throat using my jaws, then threw him into the middle claw of Three-Toed Cavern. A huge crack split the rock itself from the impact, and the cave itself wobbled again. Somehow I caught Drexel back in my jaws again, and his body ended up hitting the right claw.

And next, he slammed into the wall.

STOP! I wailed now, Please!!

Drexel was lying silent on the ground, blood trickling out from the cracks of his teeth, and his eyes just stared at me as I moved forwards. Inside, I kept trying to push back from the evil that was carrying me away, but no matter how strong I was, it wasn't even close to preventing the coming attack.

"Fight....it!" Drexel wheezed, coughing harshly.

I can't! I cried back in my mind, I don't know how! I don't know!

Then a thought came to my head. A random thought though I was sure it wasn't going to work.

Can I forgive?

Please, I was close to tears, please don't do this....please. He's my friend. He's always been my friend. And no matter his wrongdoings. I know how much pain he's truly in. Because I was thinking about myself, not what happened to him. Please, I swallowed hard, It's not his fault...

Suddenly, life flashed into my eyes, and everything sprang back to my muscles and bodily flesh. My eyes cleared up a bit, relieving the colors that vanished from my pupils. Everything twitched back to normal as I stood there, knees still bent, and jaws open in a kill position, a few inches from Drexel's vertebrae. My heart pounded like with fire, and already, tears were mostly moving faster than I could. Drexel, on the ground still, was breathing hard, staring at me and wondering what I was doing.

Or more importantly, what I was going to do.

Slowly, I closed my bloody jaws and stepped back, extremely terrified and trembling out of my wits. Drexel's eyes glowed as he saw me retreat, and slowly, he stood up limping and growling in pain.

"You forgave me?" Drexel wondered, seeing my petrified eyes, "Why? I took something from you."

"I shouldn't have," I hissed biting my tongue on each word, "But I don't want to lose more than I've gained. There's not a lot of time left for any of us. I don't want to cut it short."

Silence.

Drexel sighed silently, shifting uncomfortably with his shoulders.

"Whiteclaw.....I'm really sorry-"

"Stop..."

"Whiteclaw-"

"Please! Stop!" I snapped back as more saltwater formed below my eyes, "You.......already......broke me. But you can't fix me now!" Drexel gaped his jaws a bit, then closed them, unable to respond. All he could say was-

"Please..." The Utahraptor trembled, "Listen to me for once..."

But I just shook my head with a quivering tail.

"No........I'm done listening to lies," I growled and choked. And just like that, I trotted out, feeling his stare vanish as my own albino body followed behind. The pain grew worse, until finally, I began sobbing uncontrollably when I was a far distance from the cave. I stopped my run too, letting my silent cries echo on the flatlands of the desert biome. I lowered myself to the ground, feeling my chest rise shakily, then fall like a sinking rock, while my breathing fell out of hand in my gut. For minutes it continued on and on, my white scales in an earthquake of its own. My tail thumped softly on the ground as I struggled to think, but no thoughts could even be created from the ravishing emotions that continued to scar me.

I didn't know what to do anymore.

I didn't even know who to believe.

Who to look to for comfort.

Who to even trust.

I was deeply conflicted.

And even now, I couldn't even trust myself.

But deep in the back of my mind, I felt the voice from the darkness hissing silently at me like a snake, dark and gruesome, searching for my own soul. The voice that took control of me because of how I felt. It was dark and deadly, like a dead animal's skull rubbing against solid tar, it was a deep rumbling in my ears. And it never stopped.

Whiiitttteeeeclllaawww......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 63 8
I am a Utahraptor, known throughout these lands as 'The Merciless'. I am a killer who feels no sympathy, and I have only one goal in life. This goal...
70K 2.1K 30
| 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐘𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 + 𝟔𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 | 'Every Villain Is The Hero Of Their Own Story.' ══════════...
390 1 27
After leaving the resistance, Illymations promised herself to live a better life..but she was wrong. When a deadly mist invades her town, unleashing...
10.7K 526 12
3rd book of the Jurassic World Series (I recommend reading the first 2 books before reading this one) ---- Levi and Archer go missing one day and Bel...