Danger Line(Date A Live X Mal...

By Storyteller-Maverick

Our Protagonist believes he's living a normal life with his friends while attending Raizen High School. But... More

Ch.2 Princess
Ch.3 Overwatch
Ch.4 Hermit
Ch.5 Frosty Dilema
Ch.6 The Hot Springs Adventure
Ch.7 Nightmare
Ch.8 Double Date
Ch.9 Challenge
Ch.10 My way of things
Ch.11 Ifrit
Ch.12 Countdown
Ch.13 Countdown Pt.2
Ch.14 The Spirit "Warlock"
Ch.15 Self-Destruct (Season 1 Finale)
Special:Christmas
Ch.16 I'm a Spirit(Season 2 Premiere)
A/N:Season 3
Ch.17 Twin Hurricanes
Ch.18 Choose Her,Not Me.
Ch.19 Dual Fates Pt.1
Ch.20 Dual Fates Pt.2
Ch.21 Diva
Ch.22 It's a Trap!
Ch.23 Festival Time
Ch.24 Sore Loser
Ch.25 Taken
Ch.26 Desire
Ch.27 Prep on DEM
Ch.28 Assault on DEM
Ch.29 Tohka's Despair
Ch.30 Warlock's Downfall (Season 2 Finale)
Bonus:A Date with a Super Genius
Bonus: A Date with Nightmare
Ch.31 The Wicked Witch (Season 3 Premiere)
Ch.32 Guess Who
Ch.33 True Form
Ch.34 Natsumi
Ch 35 Drive
Ch.36 Void
Ch.37 Out of Time
Ch.38 The New World
Ch.39 Origami Tobiichi
Ch.40 Ordinary Love (Season 3 Finale)

Ch.1 I'm a what?!

59.2K 604 2K
By Storyteller-Maverick

The Eurasian Continent was attacked by a massive spatial quake.There were one hundred fifteen million victims on this unprecedented level.

........

Everything was black as I drifted in-and-out of consciousness.I could hear faint voices close to me as I felt something pulling me.....

"COME ON! WAKE UP!"

Mom?Dad?

HEY!GIVE ME A HAND HERE!

I heard someone repeatedly calling my name...as the voice became more familiar...

Kotori:WAAAAAKE UP!!!!Ahahaha!

I was being abruptly woken up by my friends little sister as she danced on top of me.

Y/N:Leave me alone or i'll execute you.

Kotori:You shouldn't say that to your best friend!

Y/N:Well i'm saying it now.

Kotori:Hehehe.....

Kotori jumped extremely high into the air and landed directly on my stomach.

Y/N:Agh!

Kotori:Hahaha!I bet you're awake now!

Y/N:Kotori......

Kotori:?

Y/N:IT'S TICKLE TIME!!!!

...

As I was getting ready for school, I heard my little sister shriek.

Kotori:NO Y/N!AHAHAHAHHAHA!P-PLEASE STOP!AHAHAHAHAHA!

Shido:Someone went to tickle hell.

.......

I sat with Kotori as Shido made breakfast.The news played in the background because honestly Shido is just a male housewife.

Newscaster:A spacial quake was recorded early this morning near the center of Tenguu City.There was only slight damage.With no casualties among the residence near the area.Investigation's continue-

Shido:Again?Some close,too.

Kotori:It was.

Shido and Kotori have been my friends for basically my whole life.After my parents passed away,they took me in and i've been living with them ever since.

Y/N:Hey,no sweets Kotori!

I leaned over and tried to confiscate Kotori's lollipop but her resistance was too strong.

Y/N:Fine,just make sure you eat breakfast alright?

Kotori took out her lollipop and winked at me while smiling.

Kotori:Ok Y/N!I love you!

.......

We sat at the kitchen table as we ate breakfast.

Y/N:Hey Kotori,got any requests for lunch?

Kotori:Oh yeah!One Deluxe kid's plate!Hurray!

Shido:And,that's for a diner's menu.We don't serve that dish at THIS restaurant.

Kotori:Aw,come on.....Please?!Pretty please?!Look at that cherry on top?It's yummy!

Kotori put both her hands together and gave Shido puppy eyes.

Shido:What about you Y/N?

Y/N:I think we should let Kotori have her deluxe kid's plate.Beside's our budget can spare it.

.......

Shido,Kotori,and I were walking towards our schools.Passing by the town's shops and whatnot.Tengu City's finest, I guess.

Kotori:Deluxe kid's plate wins!I love eating out for lunch!And it all thanks to the best friend ever!

Kotori hugged me by my waist as I petted her head.

Shido:It's a diner.Not that exciting.

Y/N:Let her have her fun.

Shido:*sigh*fine.

Kotori:Thank you so much,bro.Okay,so after school,i'll be waiting for you right here in front of the restaurant.

Y/N:Sounds good to me.

Kotori:And don't break your promise!Be here no matter what happens!Even if the place's taken over by terrorists,we still eat!

Shido:If that goes down,I doubt they let us stay.I'll be here.Be careful on your way to school!

Shido patted Kotori's head while Kotori hugged me goodbye.After she broke the hug she started running to her school as she turned back to face us as she waved her hand.

Kotori:Don't forget!You both promised!So i'm gonna be here ready to eat even if a spacial quake happens!

Y/N:Get to school or you're gonna be late!

Shido and I waved as I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.I looked over my shoulder to see Tonomachi standing there.

Tonomachi:Well hey there.What's up?

Y/N:What's good Tonomachi?

Shido:Hey Tonomachi.

Tonomachi:You guys ready for the semester?You guys look like you are...

.......

Ai,Mai,and Mei looked at Tonomachi,Shido,and Y/N from a distance.

Ai:Have you also heard rumors about him?

Mai:Yeah,he swings both ways they say.

Mei:That's so lame.....

Ai:Are their any rumors about that Y/N guy?

Mai:I don't hear that much.Everyone says he's usually pretty quiet and keeps to himself.So people believe that he'll only talk to you if you peak his interest.

Mei:That's so lame.....

Ai:Hm?

Ai noticed a girl with short snow white hair and deep sea blue staring at the three boys from behind a utility pole.

Mai:Are you okay Ai?

Ai:I'm perfect.I just saw super genius creeping.

Mei:That's so laame.......

.......

I sat in my classroom 2-4 as I was joined by Shido and Tonomachi.

Tonomachi:Nice coincidence isn't it boys?Lucky us we were able to be grouped up in the same class again.Some people would call this fate.I would be one of those people.

Y/N:Why am I not surprised....

Tonomachi's phone started ringing as he pulled it out.

Tonomachi:Hold on.Excuse me,it's my girl.

Shido:What?Like girlfriend?

Tonomachi:Oh yeah?You wanna meet her?Check it out!

Tonomachi shoved his phone's display in our faces showing us a dating sim on his phone.

Tonomachi:That's a dating sim.

Y/N:*sigh*Thanks captain obvious.Tell me something I don't know.

Tonomachi:It doesn't change the fact that she's my girlfriend.Don't judge me,a dating sim will tell you everything you need to know about how to treat women.It's like a textbook for loving!This particular add is groovy because she lived-

???:Y/N L/N.

I turned to face a girl with pale white skin along with short white hair and azure colored eyes she had a blank expression on her face but her eyes seemed to seize me up.

Y/N:What can I do for ya Actually, how do you know my name?

???:You mean,you don't remember?

Y/N:Uh........

The girl didn't wait for my answer as she sat down right next to me.I decided to get some info so I leaned towards Shido and Tonomachi.

Y/N:Hey,who's this girl and am I supposed to know her?

Tonomachi:Of course you are!That is Origami Tobiichi,otherwise known as the super genius!

Y/N:Is that so?Hm....

How does she know me though?Is that what being a super genius is all about?

Tonomachi:That chick always has some of the best grades in our class.She's ridiculous at sports.And I mean,look at her!Gorgeous!On my-girls-I-probably-ought-to-have-as-girlfriends-list,she's never been out of top 3,like ever!How do you not know one of the most popular kids in our school?But more importantly,why in the world does Origami know you?

Shido:He's got a point.

Y/N:Beats me.

The bell rang as everyone got into their seats and the teacher walked into class.She had chestnut colored hair and seemed to he pretty popular among the male students.

Tonomachi:Oh!Heck yeah!It's Tamae!

Okamine:It's Ms.Okamine,please.Now quiet down.I'll be your homeroom teacher this year.I hope you guys are ready to learn.

We all started clapping our hands except for Origami as I looked out of the corner of my eye I noticed she was staring at me.

Okay this is girl definitely taking peeks at me.Not that i'm complaining.But, it still makes me wonder who this chick is and why she knows me from somewhere...

........

The bell rang signaling the end of school as I started packing up my stuff.

Tonomachi:Hey do you guys wanna go home together?

Shido:Sorry,we've got plans.

Tonomachi:Oh yeah?Is it a girl?

Shido:Technically.It's just Kotori though.

Tonomachi:Oh,I understand.Besides,as far as I know,there's not a girl in this school with a sensitive and kind enough spirit to have lunch with you.

Shido:Thanks,but that was not a compliment.

Y/N:He's not wrong you know.

*BLARE*BLARE*

Announcer:Your attention please.This is not a drill.They're have been precursory signs...

Shido:A spacial quake!

Tonomachi:Another one?

Shido:We need to evacuate.The shelter in the school should be safe enough.

Y/N:Lead the way.

I noticed Origami as she got up and started walking away on her own.

Y/N:?

.......

We were walking in a line to get into the shelter as Ms.Okamine was basically trying to coach us in but I noticed Shido looked very anxious while he was making a call.

Y/N:Shido,what's going on?

Shido looked at his phone in horror.

Shido:NO!

Shido pushed past me and took off in full sprint.

Y/N:Hey!Shido!

......

I sprinted as fast as I could as my thoughts ran wild worrying about Kotori.Why?!Why did she not just take shelter?!The city's about to be destroyed!She's worried about a promise?!Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

I turned the corner to enter a small avenue and a black ball erupted as it gained in size,swallowing the buildings of the city.A shockwave bursted out and knocked me back as I fell down.

Shido:AAGH!

???:SHIDO!

I turned my head and saw Y/N running up to me.He ran up and knelt down beside me.

Y/N:Are you alright?!

We both turned our heads towards the black ball but it evaporated just before it swallowed us.

.......

A huge crater appeared where the black ball was growing as Y/N helped Shido up as they gazed at the destruction until we noticed a girl?She had sapphire colored armor on as it matched with her hair and eyes.Her eyes met with the boys as she stared them down in a dauntless manner.

Y/N:What in the goddamn...?

The girl grabbed the hilt of her sword with two hands as she pulled it from her scabbard.She swung her sword as it created a purple shockwave and landed right next to duo.The sheer impact practically vaporizing a nearby building.

Girl:Not you too.

The girl pointed her sword at the baffled boys.

Girl:I see.So,it's true....You came here to kill me.

Shido fell to his knees as the words wouldn't come out.Y/N quickly picked him back up and faced the mysterious girl at a lost of what to do.

Y/N:.....

Girl:Do not try denying you are here to kill me....I'll deal with you both before the others arrive.

Shido:WAIT!JUST WAIT!PLEASE!THAT'S.....IT'S NOT WHY WE CAME!

Girl:What?!

Shido:I-I can never kill anybody..Is that what you're here for?

The girl squinted her eyes slightly before noticing something in the distance.
Y/N's eyes widen as he fell to the ground breathing erratically.

Shido:Y/N?! Y/N,what's wrong?!

Y/N began to hold his head as he gritted his teeth taking sharp inhales through his teeth.

Y/N:Grrraaaaagh!!!

Shido:Y/N, stay with me!

Y/N began to writhe on the floor as Shido noticed his eyes pulsating from a glowing white back to their E/C orbs.The veins on Y/N's body began to turn black as he continued to fight the immense pain he was feeling.

Suddenly a white light enveloped the two boys as Y/N passed out.

......

"Finally,we meet again"

"I'm so glad.But,just wait.
Just a little while longer.......
I won't ever let you go again.I won't ever be wrong again.Soon....."

.......

Shido:Ah!

I shot up from my sleep as I looked around.

???:Hmm.....it appears one of you have awoken.

I looked towards who said that as I looked at the girl.She had an unhealthy pale face with dark bags under her eyes from what I can guess is sleep deprivation.

Shido:Wait,I don't know you.Who are you?

Reine:My name is Reine Murasame.Just call me Reine.I'm the head analyst here.There's no reason for you to be freaked out. Though first aid is hardly out of my league.

Is that supposed to be reassuring?

Shido:So here's a question?Where exactly am I?

Reine:You're resting in Fraxinus's sick bay.You two were unconscious,so it was decided this was the best course of action.

Shido:Fraxin what now?Did I pass out?Oh right,I ended up in that thick fight...wait,Kotori!And Y/N!I need to go find them!They might still be at the diner!They could be.....!

Reine:You need to calm down.They're both perfectly fine.Y/N is actually right next to you.

I turned to my left and saw Y/N on a bed like mine but he looked like he was in pain.He was clenching his teeth and making quiet groans.

Shido:Y/N!

Reine:He's gonna be fine.

Shido:How?

Reine:I'm assuming you want some sort of explanation now.Apologies,but that isn't really my forte.You should ask the vice commander for more details.

I followed Reine down a hallways until we reached a control room of some sort.

Reine:I brought one of them with me.

Kyouhei:Thank you for taking care of it.It's very nice to meet you.My name is Kyouhei Kanaduki.And i'm the Vice Commander.Welcome,Shido. We're glad you're here.

Kyouhei gestured me turn to my right and I did.I saw some girl sitting in a captain's chair.

Shido:Kotori?

Kotori spun her chair around to look at me.

Kotori:Glad you could make it,bro.Like that idiot said,welcome to Ratatoskr.

.........

I slowly opened my eyes as I woke up with a splitting headache.

Y/N:My head......

I sat up as my vision got slightly blurry before readjusting.I looked around and noticed that this is not where I passed out.

Y/N:Where am I?

Reine:Ah good,you're finally awake.

I turned towards the girl who said that.

Reine:If you want answers just follow me.I already had to this with Shin.

Shin?Does she mean Shido? I followed the girl as she brought me to some control room where I was greeted by a blonde man named Kyouhei and I looked in the captain's chair as I saw Kotori.

Y/N:Kotori?What are you doing here?

Kotori:Good to see you awake Y/N.Welcome to Ratatoskr as well.

.......

I just got informed of everything that happened while I was out.I'm apparently on a ship called the Fraxinus and the girl with bags under her eyes is Reine.I also learned about spirits which are the cause of spacial quakes,along with the AST who hunt down and try to kill spirits.

Kotori:So,there's something we need to tell you.But we'll do it in private.Come to the sick bay.

I followed Kotori back into the sick bay as she gestured me to sit on the bed.

Kotori:Spirits are a mystery to us all but there's one thing that we always know.

Y/N:That is?

Kotori:It's that all spirits are girls we don't why but that's how it is.Until you that is.

Y/N:Huh?

Kotori:Yes,you're a spirit Y/N.

Y/N:Wait what now?

Kotori:I know this must be a lot to take in.But i'm here for you no matter what.

Y/N:I thought spirits come from spacial quakes,how am I here and why don't I look like them.

Kotori:You're powers have been suppressed due to you not even knowing you had them.You see your dad was human but you're mother was a spirit.Your mother was a extremely powerful spirit that went by Kali.She was cold and ruthless but over the many spacial quakes she always encountered your father and they began to fall in love and eventually got married.Your parents had you and noticed you had her spirit powers but you didn't know.They kept it a secret from you so you could live a normal life.

Y/N:I-I see......

Kotori:We're gonna learn how to control your powers so you can learn how to absorb spirit's powers and still be able to defend yourself.Because if i'm being completely honest,my brother wouldn't hurt a fly and i'd feel safer if I had someone down there who can be self-sufficient.

Y/N:So, what's....."Ratatoskr's" goal exactly?

Kotori: Our main goal is to give spirits love instead of giving them pain.We'd usually have someone absorb the spirit's power which would mean yours but you're more of a project so don't let me down okay?

I sat there fully grasping the situation as Kotori sat next to me.

Y/N:Alright,i'll try to do my best to not let you down.

Kotori smiled at me and gave me a hug as I hugged her back.

Kotori:Thanks......

The Next Day

I sat in my classroom as Ms.Okamine entered.

Okamine:Is everyone enjoying day 2 of the new semester? Well,I am.Because today,we have a new brand new assistant homeroom teacher with us today!

Reine:I'm Reine Murasame.And,i'm excited to be here.....

Y/N:Huh?

......

I stood in a empty room on the Fraxinus as Kotori walked in.

Kotori:So,how was your day?

Y/N:It was fine.Mind telling me what i'm here for?

Kotori:You need to learn how to use your powers so that's why we're here.And when you're in the field making girls fall in love with you,you'll also be having to deal with the AST so we need you to know how to use your powers efficiently.We will have you do some test runs instead of playing dating sims like Shido.And besides,unlike Shido,your not awkward around girls.

Y/N:Thanks.....I guess.

Kotori:Alright,let's get started.Try to summon your weapon or use your powers.

Y/N:Alright i'll do my best.

.......

Y/N closed his eyes as he began to focus on creating something.His hand shot out as a bluish-purple energy enveloped his hand.

Kotori:Impressive.....

Y/N opened his eyes and noticed a rune on the top of his hand.

Kotori:Nice job!

Y/N:Is this it?What is this supposed to be?

Kotori:We're gonna find out. It looks like you've only partially awoken to your powers.I believe if we give it some more time,you're full power will awaken hopefully.Now let's give these a test run.

Y/N:Alright....

Kotori walked over to a console and began typing something in as holo-targets appeared.

Kotori:Okay try to hit the targets.

Y/N:Okay...

Y/N raised his hand as the rune glowed brighter as a blast of arcane energy shot out hitting the target as another target appeared and he fired a second blast hitting the next target.

Kotori:Okay,let's try your magical abilities.

Kotori:Okay,think fast Y/N!

A turret shot up from under the floor and fired at Y/N as he moved to the side leaving a quick afterimage of himself before disappearing a second later.A loud thud resounded in the room as a small beanbag was on the floor.Y/N implied that this was definitely a beanbag turret.

Kotori:We'll pick this up another time.For now,let's head home.

........

Y/N leaned up against the wall on top of the school rooftop as Shido stood next to him.We were both looking at Origami who called us up here.

Origami:So Y/N.....about yesterday......

Y/N:What about it?

Origami:Please,just keep that to yourself.In fact,it'll be for the best.If you forget about everything you saw yesterday.

Y/N:That's kinda hard to forget.

Shido:Wait,you mean that girl right?Look,Tobiichi,I....I think she might-

Origami:She's a "Spirit"
That thing is an enemy that I mist defeat.

Shido:Why?You really think they're so evil?

Origami nodded quietly.

Origami:Spirits killed my parents.They bombed them.They are very evil....and they will pay.

Origami knitted her eyebrows and squinted her eyes,showing emotion for the first time.

Origami stood there expressing her anger for spirits as Y/N crossed his arms.

Y/N:So,you're on some sort of vendetta,correct?

Origami:Yes.

Y/N:Okay.Have a good night, Origami.

Y/N turned around and walked out the door with Shido following him.

Origami:His attitude....is such a mystery......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 76 12
Atsumu, Osamu, Suna, and Kita have had a crush on you ever since you were in middle school. Sadly, you were a first-year so you weren't in the same c...
449K 13.7K 35
After being asked to leave Shiratorizawa (cough, cough expelled) for various reasons, y/n set her heart on Karasuno. She wasn't what anyone was expec...
62.9K 1.7K 26
People see me and think they're safer. But it's not really me they're seeing. Probably for the best... knowing everything hinges on a guy from an old...
51.2K 1K 14
Earth has been hit by these blast known as spacequake that lead to many people die because of these attacks and no one knows how is this happening to...