Marrying The Alpha (Under Edi...

By NinaMarie13

SEQUEL TO MEETING THE ALPHA!!! Sarah Bratcher is engaged to the most wanted guy in high school. She loves him... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7 (Part 1.)
Chapter 7 (Part two.)
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 8

21.2K 109 18
By NinaMarie13

A/N: If I have already stated Claire's mom and stepdad (not Tim.) Please let me know! I'm trying to go back and see if I have, but I'm coming up blank.

Chapter 8

"What do you mean I'm adopted?" I question, staring between Michael and Lance. They were both looking at me with the same expression. It was like they were both keeping something from me. Michael, yes, but Lance? Why would he keep this from me? If knew I had been adopted, why didn't he tell me? Why didn't Michael tell me? My own brother.

We were sitting in Lance's pack house dining room, Michael at one side and Lance and I on the other. We had come over here after leaving the house. Lance had simply stated that he had nothing to do with what Michael was about to tell me and therefore had nothing to explain.

"Sarah, baby calm down," Lance soothed, pulling me into his side. He ran his fingers up and down my arm, in a comforting way.

"I can't calm down! You obviously knew I was adopted and you didn't tell me, Lance! How long have you known?" I questioned, pulling away from him, ignoring the fact that I felt empty now that his arm wasn't touching me.

"I didn't know, Sarah! I'm just as innocent as you in this whole ordeal!" Lance explained, reaching out for me.

I frowned and looked at him. "Then why do you look like you know more than you're letting on?"

Lance's eyes hardened. "Sarah, are you really going to interrogate me? I told you that I didn't know, why can't you leave it at that?"

I flinched at the sound of his voice. "I'm just trying to figure this out. I'm just really confused right now."

"I promise you that I don't know anything. I would have told you, you know that. I love you, Sarah. You know I'm doing my best to be as honest with you as I can," Lance murmured, pulling me into his side again.

I leaned into his side and let it comfort me. It seemed like just being around Lance seemed to soothe me. I knew that we were mates, but it was more than that. I loved him. That was the only explanation.

"Michael, explain," I told him, looking up at him. He was my brother. Even if what he was saying was true, he would always be my brother. Michael had always been there for me and he had been more of a fatherly figure than my own dad. If I could even call him my dad anymore.

"Sarah, before I tell you what I know, you have to promise me, you won't say anything until I finish. Okay?"

"I promise," I whispered, taking Lance's hand. I needed to be as close to him as possible. I needed his comfort.

"When I was 15 and dad was on a business trip, as he always was, I went into his office in search of tape, so that I could fix my toy airplane that he had gotten me for my 8th birthday. I know it sounds childish, but I loved that toy airplane. It had sentimental meaning. But anyways, what I didn't expect to find, was you're birth certificate. I didn't even mean to peek at it, but I did and what I found, shocked me. Mom and dad's name weren't even on it. You were born to a Lydia and Simon Morgan. I didn't know how to react at first and so I went in search of my birth certificate. It turns out I was born to a Karen and Scott Jones. So in truth you and I aren't brother and sister. But we are in every way that counts. And in my mine you would always be my baby sister. So with that thought on my mind, I decided to ignore the information. That was until I did some research while I was away at college. I googled the hospital that I was born at and it turns out, there wasn't any information on me. But I'm here, so how could that have been true? So I googled the hospital you were born at. It said the same thing. Sarah that man that we call father is an imposter. He kidnapped us and no one but you, Lance and I know about it. I also found out that my biological father is a werewolf. So is my mother. I changed for the first time when I was away at college. So, no. This was not my first change," Michael explained, looking at me.

I looked at him, trying to take all of this in. I was adotped? The people I had thought were my parents, weren't my parents? None of this made any sense at all! But everything Michael was saying was true. He wouldn't be saying any of this if it weren't true. So what did my 'mother' have to do with this? And Michael had changed before? Why didn't he tell me? It seemed like there were so many different secrets these days.

"What about mo- the woman who claimes she's our mother?" I questioned, gripping Lance's hand so tightly I was surprised he didn't cry out with the force I was putting on his hand.

"I looked into that too. Apaarently the work they do isn't what we thought it was. Their con artist. They do things for money and my family..... They have a lot of it. I don't know much about them, but I do know that my biological father is the alpha and their loaded. I know that I'm an only child and that it makes me..... Next in line for the alpha. But they kidnapped me for the money. How they did it without ransoming me, I don't know. I know that my parents don't know where I am. I've thought about going and telling them..... But...... I knew that you needed me more. I wouldn't leave you, Sarah. I promised you that I would always protect you. I won't go back on my word," Michael said, looking at me.

I swallowed and closed my eyes. Michael had known for 7 years that he was living with imposters and yet he stayed because he wanted to protect me. How could I not love him for that? Michael would always be my older brother. I didn't care if we weren't related by blood. He was my brother. He had protected me and I couldn't ask for better family then that.

"I love you, Michael. Just know that, okay? You will always be my brother..... But I.... I don't need you to protect me anymore. I need to.... To find my parents on my own and so do you. You need to go talk to them, Michael. It's time you do something for you. I have Lance to protect me. You need to take Julie and go see them. It's the only way you're going to have closure." I whispered.

Michael nodded. "I know. I had every intention on doing it. I just wanted to tell you everything I knew first. You have a sister, Sarah. I looked more into the infomation about you're parents. I have a friend in school who got a job as an intern at the hospital you and you're sister were born at. You're father isn't her father though. So technically she's you're half sister. But you have the same mom. I've already told Lance who it is, but I need to know if you're ready to hear her name," Michael looked at me.

I glanced at Lance and saw that he was looking at me. He was silently asking me if I was ready to hear who my sister is. It wasn't like I knew her, so what did I have to lose? Maybe if I could track her down, I could track down my parents. Maybe.

"I want to know," I said, looking at Michael.

"Sarah, baby are you sure?" Lance questioned, concern etched into his flawless features.

"Lance, I have to know. I want to know everything I can that will help me find my parents," I squeezed his hand in a comforting way.

Lance nodded. "Can I tell her, Michael?"

Michael nodded. "You were the one that figured it out. It's only fair that you tell her."

Lance cleared his throat and turned around in his chair and faced me. His eyes held a spark to them that I had never seen before. What he was about to tell me was clearly something he didn't want to tell me. "You remember Nick and Claire, right?"

"Yeah. I met them at my engagement party...." I trailed off, not understanding where he was going with this.

"Well, after the party, Nick and I had a chance to catch up and he told me all about Claire. Including her maiden name. Claire Morgan. She's you're sister, sweetheart," Lance explained gently.

I shot out of my chair, not even comprehending how loud it landed. Claire was my sister? I was that close to her? It made no sense. How could I have not known she was my sister? Wouldn't we have resembled each other? Wouldn't we- oh right. She's my half sister. But it doesn't matter! We should resemble each other somehow! Sure, she has the same eyes as me, but-

Wait a minute.

She did resemble me. Same hair color, same eye color. But she had some finality about her. They way she stood, the way she moved. She was different from me somehow. I wasn't sure how, but she was.

"Lance? Is she.... Is she a werewolf?" I questioned. It was the only thought that came to mind. The only way she could differ from me is if she was a werewolf.

Lance hesitated. "Yes, sweetheart. Her dad is a werewolf. Both of you're biological parents are human."

So I wasn't a werewolf. That was good. But it seemed like I was the only one that wasn't a werwolf these days. There was Lilly. If anything, I had her. But something was knawing at my mind. Something I was missing. I'd have to ask Lance if there was any way I could become a werewolf later.

"Sarah?" Michael asked, gently.

"What?" I asked, sitting back down after Lance picked my chair up.

"I.... I want you to come with me. When I meet my parents. You're the only family I have and I want them to know that. I want them to know that we're a package deal. I won't stay with them if I can't still see you," Michael looked at me, his eyes boring into mine.

I couldn't help the tears that escaped me eyes. Michael was right. We would always be family and I wanted to extend the same gratitude to him. I wanted my real parents and Claire to know that Michael and I were a package deal. I needed them to see that. Michael would always be my brother and if they shunned him, they shunned me.

"Me too," I agreed, standing up so that I could hurl myself into my brother's arms.

"So you'll come?" Michael asked, wrapping his arms around me.

I nodded. "As long as you come with me."

"Okay. I'm gonna go now. I have to pick Jules up. I'll see you later though. By-" Michael turned abruptly to the newcomer and his fist clenched. His eyes were turning a dark black and I frowned. What was wrong with him?

"Lance? I just wanted to talk to you....." Leslie whispered, her eyes focused on Michael as she shied away from him.

"Give me a few minutes, Leslie," Lance said, getting to his feet to stand between Michael and Leslie.

"Michael, hey what's wrong?" I questioned, going to his side.

"Nothing." Michael ground out between his clenched teeth and before I had a chance to question him further, he was out of the room.

"W-who was that?" Leslie questioned, her small form shaking. It was hard to believe that she could go from almost killing me to being as frightened as she was.

"My brother. What did you need, Les?"

Leslie walked over to me and swallowed. "I......I overheard something. I thought Lance needed to know."

Lance walked over to us and took my hand. He raised his eyebrow and looked at Leslie. "Go on."

"I overheard Jane talking to two guys in the park. They were saying something about Sarah and I-I just thought-" Leslie's sentence was cut off by a low rumble in Lance's chest.

"Lance-"

"I need to talk to Nick and Nathan. I'll call you later Sarah," He said and then he leaned down to quickly place a kiss on my forehead, before walking swiftly out of the dining room.

Okay, that was weird.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-" Leslie started.

"Leslie, it's okay. You did what you were supposed to. Now, what do you say I call Lilly up and we all have a girls night?" I asked.

_________________________

A/N: I hope you all enjoyed it. I know it's all a little confusing and for that I'm sorry. I'm also sorry this chapter is up late.

Comment

Vote

Fan!

-Tibs13

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 98.3K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...