Chapter 11

A/N: So for the Lilly and Nathan fans out there, I added a little something in this chapter for you guys but don't expect it in every chapter, I just thought a change of scenery was something I could work with. Get into their relationship a little bit.

Lance's POV

I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to ignore the anger that was bubbling up inside of me at everything that was coming out of his mouth. I was used to feeling betrayed and I was used to being stabbed in the back but nothing could have prepared me for what Nathan was telling me at this moment and I almost allowed myself to show him how much he'd really hurt me. Almost.

"You knew?" I asked, my voice as calm as I could possibly make it in a situation like this. "You knew what Jane was up to and you didn't say anything?"

Nathan flinched at the tone in my voice and I knew he'd long since grown accustomed to it. "Yes, but I only just found out Lance, I swear! Sam wouldn't tell me much more than what I just told you!"

I shook my head and stared at him, my eyes clearly revealing the fury that I was feeling at this moment. "You are an alpha, Nathan, you should know what the implications of that knowledge would do to your pack! For Pete's sake we still have Austin to deal with and now you go do something idiotic like this? What were you thinking, seriously? Did you even consider Lilly?"

Nathan's calm features turned into one of absolute anger and rage in a matter of seconds. "Don't you dare bring Lilly into this Lance Stevenson. I don't care if you are my best friend, we will not discuss her."

I shook my head, "Nathan you knew about Jane and what she was doing and yet you kept quiet. How do you think Lilly will feel? She already knows about your engagement and now to add onto that, your knowledge about this will only jeopardize your relationship."

"That's my business. I only came here to tell you that Jane obviously has a lot up her sleeve and that she's holding events like werewolf competitions, oh and Sam said that kid your friends with.... The one who's married? She says he's in on it too."

I sucked in a breath, "Nick?"

Nathan only nodded, "yeah. Him." And just like that Nathan had turned on his back and left me staring after him.

Nick is in on this? How could that even be possible? Nick had come to me for help and now he's consorting with Jane against me? Something just didn't add up and I wanted to get to the bottom of it and fast.

Lilly's POV

"Sam, give it to me!" I laughed as I reached for the phone that was now in her hands. "Seriously! Michael said he was going to call and I really, really like him! I don't want to miss his call!"

Sam grinned and held the phone out of my grasp, "well all you have to do is tell me how great of a friend I am and then the phone is all yours." She laughed and squealed as I leaped at her and we both tumbled off my bed and onto the floor in a fit of giggles.