Chapter 5

Hey!!!!! Here’s an upload J If any of you would like to help me come up with some more ideas for this story, please let me know!!!!! I need all of the help I can get!!!!! :D

Chapter 5

(Sarah’s POV)

“Lilly!” I called to my best friend, who was once again storming away from Nathan, who was running after her.

“Lilly!” Nathan called after her.

Lilly spun on her heel, and the tears were evident in her eyes, and she looked at Nathan, the same we she had always looked at him, but somehow it was different. Pain was evident in her eyes and I wondered what Nathan had done this time.

“Lilly, hey-” I tried, but Lilly held up her hand, in a motion for me to be quiet.

“Nathan. We’re done. I can’t walk around everyday and pretend that everything is okay. I won’t do it, and until you can get whatever you have with Sam straightened out, I don’t want to be with you. This is where I draw the line. You are the sweetest and most honest man I have ever known, Nathan, and I…..I love you, but I can’t be with someone who keeps secrets from me. I hope you can understand that.” Lilly whispered, the tears pouring from her eyes harder than they ever had before.

“Lilly baby, please. Don’t do this. I love you!” Nathan said, and for the first time since I’d met him, I heard Nathan be completely serious. Every ounce of a joke out of his voice. This time he was speaking with a serious, yet loveable tone, and it was all for Lilly.

“I’m sorry, Nathan.” Lilly whispered, and then she spun on her heel and stormed out of the school.

“Lilly!” Nathan called after her, and he took a step forward to go after her, but I grabbed his arm, pulling him to a stop.

“Giver her time, Nathan.” I told him.

“Sarah….. She….. She…..” Nathan said, his voice cracking.

“I know, but can you blame her, Nathan? You are the most honest person she knows, and your keeping secrets from her.” I explained as gently as I could.

“I have no choice, Sarah! I don’t have a choice! Everything I’m doing is to protect her!” Nathan said, his eyes staring at the doors that Lilly had ran through.

“Nathan….. Tell me. Tell me what it is. I’m your friend, Nathan. You can tell me.”

“No. I can’t, Sarah. It’s too complicated.”

“Is it about Sam?”

“No. This actually has nothing to do with Sam. It has everything to do with Lilly, and Sam….. She’s just going through a hard time. I was helping her! That’s all it was….. And now….. Now Lilly broke up with me, and I love her! I love her, Sarah!” Nathan whispered.