Chapter 8

A/N: If I have already stated Claire's mom and stepdad (not Tim.) Please let me know! I'm trying to go back and see if I have, but I'm coming up blank.

Chapter 8

"What do you mean I'm adopted?" I question, staring between Michael and Lance. They were both looking at me with the same expression. It was like they were both keeping something from me. Michael, yes, but Lance? Why would he keep this from me? If knew I had been adopted, why didn't he tell me? Why didn't Michael tell me? My own brother.

We were sitting in Lance's pack house dining room, Michael at one side and Lance and I on the other. We had come over here after leaving the house. Lance had simply stated that he had nothing to do with what Michael was about to tell me and therefore had nothing to explain.

"Sarah, baby calm down," Lance soothed, pulling me into his side. He ran his fingers up and down my arm, in a comforting way.

"I can't calm down! You obviously knew I was adopted and you didn't tell me, Lance! How long have you known?" I questioned, pulling away from him, ignoring the fact that I felt empty now that his arm wasn't touching me.

"I didn't know, Sarah! I'm just as innocent as you in this whole ordeal!" Lance explained, reaching out for me.

I frowned and looked at him. "Then why do you look like you know more than you're letting on?"

Lance's eyes hardened. "Sarah, are you really going to interrogate me? I told you that I didn't know, why can't you leave it at that?"

I flinched at the sound of his voice. "I'm just trying to figure this out. I'm just really confused right now."

"I promise you that I don't know anything. I would have told you, you know that. I love you, Sarah. You know I'm doing my best to be as honest with you as I can," Lance murmured, pulling me into his side again.

I leaned into his side and let it comfort me. It seemed like just being around Lance seemed to soothe me. I knew that we were mates, but it was more than that. I loved him. That was the only explanation.

"Michael, explain," I told him, looking up at him. He was my brother. Even if what he was saying was true, he would always be my brother. Michael had always been there for me and he had been more of a fatherly figure than my own dad. If I could even call him my dad anymore.

"Sarah, before I tell you what I know, you have to promise me, you won't say anything until I finish. Okay?"

"I promise," I whispered, taking Lance's hand. I needed to be as close to him as possible. I needed his comfort.

"When I was 15 and dad was on a business trip, as he always was, I went into his office in search of tape, so that I could fix my toy airplane that he had gotten me for my 8th birthday. I know it sounds childish, but I loved that toy airplane. It had sentimental meaning. But anyways, what I didn't expect to find, was you're birth certificate. I didn't even mean to peek at it, but I did and what I found, shocked me. Mom and dad's name weren't even on it. You were born to a Lydia and Simon Morgan. I didn't know how to react at first and so I went in search of my birth certificate. It turns out I was born to a Karen and Scott Jones. So in truth you and I aren't brother and sister. But we are in every way that counts. And in my mine you would always be my baby sister. So with that thought on my mind, I decided to ignore the information. That was until I did some research while I was away at college. I googled the hospital that I was born at and it turns out, there wasn't any information on me. But I'm here, so how could that have been true? So I googled the hospital you were born at. It said the same thing. Sarah that man that we call father is an imposter. He kidnapped us and no one but you, Lance and I know about it. I also found out that my biological father is a werewolf. So is my mother. I changed for the first time when I was away at college. So, no. This was not my first change," Michael explained, looking at me.