Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Sarah’s POV:

“Dare,” Lilly squealed as she sat herself up on her knees, trying to look the picture of excited. She had a smile on her face and that’s what I wanted. I wanted a night free of drama, boys, and werewolves. Well except for Leslie, of course. But, she doesn’t count. She’s our friend.

I grinned, “okay. I dare you to….Bark like a dog every time someone says your name….Lilly.” I took a sip of my Dr. Pepper and crossed my legs.

Lilly glared at me. “Fine. Woof woof,” she sighed and shook her head, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

I laughed gently and rolled onto my stomach, so that I was more comfortable. I looked at Leslie and found her smiling.

"Alright, Leslie. Truth or dare?" Lilly questioned a mischievous smile crossing her face. What was she up to?

"Um.....Truth," Leslie murmured, her hair falling into her face.

Lilly grinned. "Have you found your mate yet?"

Leslie's eyes widened and she looked frantically at me. "I.....uh......I.....yes."

I frowned and eyed her warily. She'd found her mate? When did this happen? Why hasn't she said anything to Lance? Weren't you supposed to tell your alpha when you found your mate?

Lilly squealed. "What? When? Who is it? Spill girl!"

"Lilly, Lilly, calm down. You're going to overwhelm the poor girl." I laughed, looking sharply at Lilly. She sighed and nodded. I turned my attention to Leslie and raised an eyebrow. "Who is it?"

She blushed and looked down. "I can't tell you."

I tilted my head to the side in confusion. "Les, we're your friends. What you tell us is always kept between us."

She shook her head. "It's not that I don't trust either of you. It's just.....If I tell you Sarah, it will make things extremely complicated. If I keep it to myself, then it won't seem real and I can just forget about it."

"Leslie, if you don't confront him, then you'll never know what you're missing," Lilly said softly. "Ask Sarah."

I scoffed. "Hey! That's not fair. Mine and Lance's relationship started out a bit bumpy, but it's gotten better!"

"I didn't say it hadn't. But he hated you in the beginning and when he finally got over his pride and realized he couldn't live without you, then....," she shrugged. "Then it got better. Obviously."

"He didn't hate me. He just seriously disliked me," I protested, crossing my arms over my chest.

Lilly laughed and rolled her eyes. "Whatever. The point is, you need to confront him. If you don't, you'll regret it."

"You really should take your own advice, Lilly. Maybe you should think about confronting Nate," I smiled, when her eyes widened at my proposition.

She glared at me. "That's different."

"Not-"

"Guys!" Leslie said, her voice higher than its normal tone. "Okay, I'll tell you, but you have to promise this stays between the three of us. I don't want it getting out and Sarah.....you have to promise me you won't tell him."

I frowned. "Do I know him?"

Leslie half smiled. "Very well."

Lilly leaned forward as if Leslie was about to tell us the biggest secret out there. "Just spill already!"

"Okay, okay. It's.....Your brother Sarah," Leslie murmured as she looked down.

My eyes widened as I realized what she was saying. Michael was Leslie's mate. Michael was engaged to Julie. Michael and Leslie could never be together. Michael was Leslie's mate....... Julie was his fiancee.....

"Oh no!" I groaned, burying my face in my hands. This couldn't happen! All I want is for Leslie to be happy, but she can't be with Michael. Unless he somehow breaks up with Julie, which won't happen. He loves Julie.

"So Sarah's brother is your mate?" Lilly questioned and I could picture her frowning.

"Yes," Leslie answered, sighing.

I lifted my head up and eyed the both of them. "There's just one problem. One very big problem...."

"What?" They questioned at the same time.

"Michael, my brother, is engaged," I answered looking at Leslie sympathetically. Her face fell and I saw her swallow, her fist clenching.

"No! He can't be engaged!" Lilly cried, jumping to her feet. "He just can't! She deserves a happy ending, no matter what she's done!"

I groaned, "I know. But there's nothing I can do about it. Michael loves Julie and he won't break up with her just because him and Leslie are mates."

"He won't.... But what if she does?" Lilly asked, her face breaking out in a grin.

"No! Lil, whatever you have up your sleeve, you can just forget about it right now. I'm not breaking my brother and his fiancee up."

"Aw come on Sarah! Do it for love!"

"He loves Julie, Lilly! It would crush him if she broke up with him! I can't do that to my brother!"

"But Leslie will be there to mend his broken heart! And then they will get married and have 10 kids and-"

"Whoa, Lilly stop. It's okay. I don't need to be with him. There.....There will be someone else out there for me," Leslie murmured, her voice strong and firm.

"You're right. There will be," I smiled encouragingly at her. "You'll have your time, Les. You just have to be patient."

Leslie nodded. "I will be. But anyways, it's my turn. So um, Sarah? Truth or Dare?"
I smiled. "Truth. Please. Dares aren't my forte."

Leslie laughed gently and then her face turned completely serious, which made my nerves instantly rocket. "How many siblings do you have?"

If it wasn't for the information I had learned earlier tonight, I would have laughed at the way she had played me. She made it seem like it was going to be a serious question and then she turned it around and made it a not so serious question. But it is a serious question. For me. Because I do have two siblings. Michael and..... Claire.

"Two," I answered honestly. I hoped they didn't ask questions. I really didn't want to answer anything tonight. I wanted to just forget about it.

"Okay." Leslie smiled softly at me. "Lets-"

She was cut off by the sound of the doorbell and I got to my feet to get it. Who could possibly be at the door at 1 am?

My question was answered when I opened the door to reveal a flushed Nate and a grinning Sam.

I hissed, "what is she doing here, Nate?"

Nate held up his hands in a 'I surrender' gesture. "Calm down Sarah. Sam's on her best behavior. I promise. Can I come in?"

I hesitated, but then I remembered that Lilly and him weren't on the best of terms and this was supposed to be a girls night. "Actually, you can't. Lilly, Leslie and I are having a girls night."

"But this is the pack house," Nate retorted, raising an eyebrow.

"And as I recall, you don't live here. Nor are you apart of this pack..."

Nate sighed, "I want to talk to Lilly. Can I please come in?"

"If Lilly says it's okay," I moved aside so that Lilly could see who was at the door.
Her loud growl gave me the answer that I needed. "Looks like that's a no, so you and Sam can be going now." I made to shut the door, but he stuck his foot out to keep the door from shutting.

"Not so fast," he muttered as he looked at Lilly. "Lil, please? I want to talk. I'm tired of fighting with you. I love you and we should be together. Not apart.”

"Tell that to your girl toy beside you. You say you love me and yet here you are with none other than Sam. What does that tell me? That your lying and betraying me once again and you know what Nick? I'm done crying over you. I'm done hurting because of you. We're over. Now go away," Lilly hissed, staring at him.

Nate's eyes hardened and he clenched his fist. "I told you that I couldn't tell you why Sam and I were hanging out. I would if I could, Lilly. But I love you and I wouldn't cheat on you. Please, trust me."

"No. Now go away!" She growled, rising to her feet and disappearing from the room.

"Nate, look. Just go. Lilly needs some time to calm down. I don't understand why your doing this to her, buy you need to stop. Your my best friend, Nate. But so is Lilly and I'm not going to choose sides. But right now, Lilly has a point. You won't tell her why you're hanging out with Sam, but you want her to trust you," I looked at him and shook my head.

Nate closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "I love her, Sarah. You know that. I just.... I can't explain anything right now."

"It might have been easier if you hadn't brought Sam," I nodded at Sam and then looked back at Nate. "That's what set her off."

Nate sighed. "Okay. We'll go. But promise me you'll talk to her, okay? For me. Please?"

"I can't promise you, but I'll try." I told him.

He nodded before they both disappeared down the steps and into the already dark night.

What is he thinking?
_______________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if this is short. A lot has been going on lately and right now, this is all I can give you guys.

I know this isn't the first time I've said this, but I want to know what you guys think about me redoing Meeting The Alpha. I've been editing it and it's written horribly.  So any thoughts?

Comment. Vote. Become a fan. Thanks!!

Cover by Lyssia11

-Tibs13