Teach Me How To Kiss {Wattys2...

By Whines8

Mia Harper is a 19 year old girl on her summer break from college. She is very shy and self conscious about h... More

prologue
Chapter 1 Party Invitation
Chapter 2- the things you can learn at a party
Chapter 3- getting to know you
Chapter 4- Confessions
Chapter 5- First Date
Chapter 6- First Kiss
Chapter 7- First Make Out, Turns into First Hickey
Chapter 8- First signs of Doubt
Chapter 9- First Boyfriend
Chapter 10- First Intimate Touch
Chapter 11- Invite to Meet the Parents
Chapter 12- The Dinner Guest part 1
Chapter 13- The Dinner Guest: Part 2
Chapter 14- The End of a Long Dinner
Chapter 15- Jacob's Surprise
Chapter 16- Lauren's Sunday Morning News
Chapter 17- Afternoon Lunch... part 1
Chapter 18- Afternoon Lunch... part 2
Chapter 19- Just Being Nice
Chapter 20- Reassurance part 1
Chapter 21- Reassurance part 2
Chapter 22- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 1
Chapter 23- A New Emotion, A New Experience part 2
Chapter 24- A Memorable Saturday Night part 1
Chapter 25- A memorable Saturday Night part 2
Chapter 26- A Memorable Saturday Night part 3
Chapter 27- A Memorable Saturday Night part 4
Chapter 28- First Time
Chapter 29- The Morning After part 1
Chapter 30- The Morning After part 2
Chapter 31- Everything was Perfect part 1
Chapter 32- Everything was perfect part 2
Chapter 33- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 1
Chapter 34- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 2
Chapter 36- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 4
Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5
Chapter 38- A Night of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 6
Chapter 39- The End Of Summer

Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3

21K 649 30
By Whines8

Hope you guys like. This is another part of this big chapter. (A night of Revealing Truths and Confessions) If there are mistakes which I know there might be lol SORRY. Also please dont forget to COMMENT, (I love those) and VOTE, VOTE, VOTE also follow if you havent and if you would be so kind spread the word on my story so other people can enjoy it too.

Whines8

**********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 35- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 3

“Oh Mia, don’t you look lovely, how are you this evening?” Jacob’s mother asked in a sickly sweet voice, that of course went unnoticed by Jacob. 

Taking another deep breath I conjured up all the confidence I could and stepped forward and brought the crazy women in for a hug, “Thank you,” I said responding to her fake compliment as I pulled away, “I'm great, your event turned out really nice.”

Jacob’s mother’s smile never faltered as she nodded towards me, “Yes it looks to be a great turn out this year,” she said before glancing over towards a quiet Gabby, “I’m so sorry your father couldn’t make it this evening dear, I’m sure he would have just died to get his hands on a few of the pieces we are auctioning off tonight,” I noticed as she spoke to Gabby that her smile was actually genuine and that in itself made my blood boil. 

What was so great about Gabby, under her sunny blond hair, perfect looks and money she seemed cold hearted, manipulative and selfish and not to mention she seemed to think anyone with a much smaller bank account than her was irrelevant. And Jacob’s mother thought she was better than me.

I was pulled out of my internal seething when I heard the evil blonds voice, “Oh don’t worry he will be, he’s asked me to stand in his place tonight. He told me there is a certain piece he has wanted that will be auctioned tonight and he informed me to spare no expense to get it,” Gabby said before turning the conversation towards Jacob and I again.

“So Mia, are you participating in the charity auction this evening?” Gabby said in an overly kind tone as her smile widened on her lips. Raising my head higher I answered her with no shame, “No, I’m just here to enjoy myself,” I said as I smiled up at Jacob who was doing the same back towards me. 

I tightened my hold on Jacobs arm as Gabby’s questions turned to him, “What about you Jacob, you participating this year?” at the same time Jacob and his mother both went to answer her, with Jacob saying “No”, while his mother said “Yes”.

Jacob shot a look towards his mother at that, “Mother I told you the other day that I wasn’t taking part in the charity auction this year, remember?” he said to his mother quickly. 

“Oh Jacob dear, I know, but I thought you would have changed your mind by now. You always participate in the auction, you know it means a lot to the charity and even more to me,” she said sounding disappointed, but I couldn’t help thinking she was trying to manipulate Jacob into changing his mind by guilting him in to it. 

As his mother went on I caught Gabby narrowing her eyes at me before getting Jacob’s attention, her smile back on her face, “What made you change your mind about participating this year? I thought you loved it?” she asked but I could tell there was another meaning behind her question. What she really was asking was ‘is it because of your new girlfriend’ and I just hoped he would say yes… in so many words.

As if hearing my thoughts Jacob looked down at me and grinned before looking back at his mother and Gabby, “I just want to have a nice time and focus on spending my last night here in Virginia Beach with Mia.”

I was doing a happy dance inside at Jacob’s worlds and it was just a bonus to see Gabby’s face fall slightly as well, I tried not to show just how happy it made me as I beamed a smile at the two women in front of me. 

Just as it looked like Jacob’s mother was going to respond to what Jacob said, Lauren and Derek joined our little group, “Derek dear how nice to see you,” Jacob’s mother said genuinely happy to see him. She pulled him into a quick hug and proceeded to tell him how handsome he looked. 

“Nice to see you as well, you look beautiful as always,” Derek said charmingly towards Jacob’s mother which only had her smiling broader at the compliment. Derek then greeted Gabby who only offered a tight smile, which I just concluded was because she was still mad about what Jacob said earlier, before gesturing towards Lauren, “You remember my lovely date Lauren, Mia’s friend.” I found it odd that he introduced her as just his date and ‘my friend’ instead of calling her his girlfriend. Looking over at Lauren I tried to see if it bothered her as much as it did me but to my surprise she was just smiling away, so I let it go for now. 

“Of course, good to see you again, I hope your enjoying your evening so far?” Jacob’s mother asked again in a genuinely kind voice that made me want to explode. It seemed to me that she was considerably nice to everyone else but me. It looked like I was the only one getting being graced with her coldness, which I had to admit hurt slightly. 

It looked as if Lauren was thinking the same thing as me, as i watched her eyebrows raise in slight surprise before she quickly recovered and responded, “Oh, um yes actually I’m having a great time. I have been to a few of these in my time, but I have to say none like this. You did a really great job,” Lauren said to which I could tell Jacob’s mother was delighted to hear.

When Jacob’s mother turned away from her, Lauren shot me a look and shrugged, as if to say ‘I don’t know why she’s being nice to me,  I hope you’re not mad’. I just gave her a tight smile and shook my head, silently trying to tell her that it was fine. Even though I was beginning to feel very upset that his mother was singling me out and being sweet to everyone else. 

“Well, I have to go find your father, we are about to start. I’ll see all of you later,” she said before placing one of her hands on Jacob’s cheek, “Don’t leave to early dear, your father and I expect you to stay at least until after the dinner okay?” 

“Don’t worry mom,” Jacob said rolling his eyes playfully towards his mother before she finally walked away and towards the rest of her awaiting guest. 

“So Derek are you participating in the auction tonight,” Gabby asked trying to stir up conversation again. 

Derek gave a huge smile and held up a nice sized white card with a bold black number printed on its front, “Of course, you know my mother would kill me if I didn’t participate. You’d think with her and my father participating in this I wouldn’t have to but my mother can’t ever pass up a chance to get more art pieces to clutter the house with.”

I perked up at that and glanced at Derek, “Your parents are here?” I asked curiously as my eyes shot to my best friends instantly, trying to get an answer out of her as well, before my eyes went back to Derek who nodded, “Yep, the parents are here somewhere.”

As if knowing what I was going to say next Lauren spoke up quickly, “I haven’t met them yet,” she said with a small smile before Derek spoke up again, “Let’s hope it stays that way,” he said making Lauren’s small smile drop instantly as she glared at him.

“What the heck Derek!” Jacob hissed at his friend accusingly while Gabby tried to cover her opened mouth as she tried to keep from laughing which pissed me off and made me shoot a my own glare towards her.

“What!?” Derek said as if he couldn’t understand why he was getting yelled at. Then he looked at Lauren and then sighed, “Look, I didn’t mean it like that. I just meant that if my parents meet you my mother will automatically start jumping to conclusions and making wedding plans. I don’t need her getting any ideas when you and I both know we aren’t that serious.”

My eyes widened at Derek’s harsh words and how he said them in front of everyone. Lauren got a murderous look on her face as she stared daggers into Derek, to which he seemed to ignore, “What is that look for? You act like we didn’t both agree that this was just a summer fling and that we were going to see other people.”

Derek was digging himself into a humungous whole and what was worse he was hurting my friends heart in the process. I had to do something fast before Lauren’s hard exterior cracked in front of everyone. I knew she would hate herself for breaking down and showing her emotion in front of a guy and for a guy at that. So with quick action I hurriedly got Lauren’s attention. 

“Hey, I need to use the ladies room, Lau come with me?” I asked her making her tear her eyes away from the idiot beside her to look at me. 

I could see right then that her eyes were turning red with hurt and anger and she was trying with all her might not to show how much Derek was really getting to her. She quickly saw my intentions and nodded, “Okay,” she said and began to walk towards the stairs not waiting for me to follow her. 

I looked up towards Jacob who was still glaring at his best friend and rested my hand on his forearm to get his attention, “I’ll be right back, “ told him.

He nodded and bent down to give me a light peck on the forehead, “I’ll be here,” he said before softly saying, “Tell Lauren I said I’m sorry and I’ll talk to Derek.”

I nodded my head in response as well before making my way to the stairs to find Lauren. 

Man this night was turning bad quickly. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 253 11
Chase Wilson wants nothing more than to get out of Port Haven. After getting into too much trouble back home, what would be a vacation for most peopl...
151K 2.9K 26
DOES CONTAIN SEXUAL CONTENT WARNING (Read at own risk or don't read it) Mia Jones just graduated high school and were off to college as a freshman. ...
1.1K 182 56
Mia Johnson was raised almost single-handedly by her mother after being abandoned by her father at the age of six. Embittered mother gives her an adv...
11.6M 516K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...