Beyond The Murder Of Emilia J...

By Sidewalk

Sixteen year old Emilia Johnson was murdered, then revived in an unfamiliar body to find the one who murdered... More

Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson: Chapter Two
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson chapter Three
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson chapter Four
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson chapter Five
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson chapter Six
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson chapter 8....
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson Chapter Nine
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson Chapter 10
Update
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson Chapter 11
Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson Chapter 12
BTMOEJ. Whatever Whatever. I know you don't care about this story.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14..

Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson chapter 7

34 2 1
By Sidewalk

So, I uploaded chapter Six and saw the little "who's reading" list. Eeeeep 3 people. c: it made me happy. So I'm uploading this.

- - - -

Chapter Seven

Liah and I strolled along main street after finishing a little bit of shopping. I'd gotten a couple shirts and a necklace. My clothes were beginning to be worn way too often.

"So, you want to get something to eat?" Liah asks.

"Nah, I'm alright. That was fun." I grin.

"Yes it was! No offense, but you seriosuly needed a few new clothes." Liah laughed.

"None taken, I agree."

"You want a manni and petti?"

"Sure!" Liah and I walk into the salon. We are greeted by a woman who shows us to our luxurious chairs. I've never gotten a true manni and petti, I've only done it myself, so this was a treat. I was also in desperate need of some girl time since Ryan and I had been hanging out so much.

"Jeez, this must be so expensive." I ponder, scanning the salon around me.

"I'm paying." Liah smiles widely.

"No, I'm paying for mine." I say firmly. Liah thought I was some kind of poor kid. Well, compared to her, I was. She and Ryan had to be the richest people around here.

"I'm paying." Liah repeated without hesitation. A woman approaches and smiles, asking what colors we want for our manicures first. We tell her, and then she gets to work trading off each of our manicures. The red and black nail polish containers sat next to both of us as she would paint my first coat, then Liah's. It was nice how the nail polish matched our hair. At least in my opinion it was.

"So, Ryan told me about his birthday." Liah raises an amused eyebrow.

"Oh, that super duper cool birthday..." I'm blushing for some reason.

"That's romantic of you." Liah says purposely to playfully embarass me.

"Ugh...not really." I deny.

"Oh come on. Your crazy about him."

My cheeks turn the color of Liah's wild hair.

"So?" I say defensively.

Liah laughs, "Relax, Evalin. I'm just messing around with you."

"Well...I am crazy about him." i mumble.

"Awwww!" Liah erupts, and the manicurist glares up at her.

"Shhh!" I snicker.

"It was hard to keep my mouth shut when he told me he loved you."

"He told you?"

"Sure did. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever heard."

"You two must be really close."

"Yeah, I guess we are. Did you have a sibling as Emilia?"

"I...can't remember." I admit drily.

"Oh." We remain silent for a while as the stench of nailpolish fills the room.

"Pink butterlies?" The woman asks me unsurely. Where did she get that idea from? Who the hell would put pink butterflies on your nails? Maybe that would suit a little girl. It would make more sense.

"Um, no. French tips, please."

"Yes, yes." Then to my hope, she left.

"Anyway, I'm so happy Spring Break is coming up." I resumed the conversation, annoyed with the woman.

"Yeah, just another two weeks." Liah replies excitedly.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, though. I'll just be stuck around here as always. At least it will be my birthday, though."

"No, we should do something! Go somewhere!"

"Oh, please! That's just what I need. A vacation! I have never even had one."

"Spring break only lasts ten days, we'll have to find something nice to fill the time. Or..." Liah trails off.

"Oh, come on, vam - " But the woman returns and we can't talk about vampires anymore. But Liah comes up with a nickname, "Your safe with us tucans." Tucans? That was her code name for vampire?

I snort to keep from laughing, "Yes, I know. I trust you tucans. I'll go." The woman looks up at us as if we're insane, and I bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"Good, I guarantee you'll have a fantastic time with us tucans."

After our luxurious manni petti, Liah walks me home. More like picks me up and whizzes me

home within three minutes.

"Whoo! I'm still not used to that!" I exclaim, wobbling around uneasily. Liah grabs my arm to steady me and brings me into a hug.

"I'll see you at school." She says.

"Bye, Liah. And thank you for paying." I snort.

"Thank you for letting me!"

"Haha, okay. Bye!"

When I returned to my room, I immediately got started on my english essay. We were supposed to choose any superstitious myth in history, research it, and write a ten to fifteen page essay on it. And guess what I chose? Vampires. The most fun of all! And I could ask any of my friends, and they'd gladly help me with the answer. I opened up the IM I had been typing to Matt, who volunteered to help me.

Evaa: hey, Matt. You ready to help with this vampire essay thing?

Mattipoo: yea

Evaa: Nice screenname you got there.

Mattipoo: Liah made it, don't blame me lol

well, let's see. I know in Egypt, the goddess Sekhmet drank blood. And an Indian goddess, Kali, did as well. look those up on the internet.

Evaa: good, thanks. what about all that junk myths about garlic and coffins and stuff?

Mattipoo: Haha, well, I guess people wanted to make stuff up. they said that vamps were 'allergic' to garlic and stuff. it repelled them, apparently. but that's a load of bull. as for coffins, it's like they were buried in a coffin when they died and coming out of it at night to drink blood.

Evaa: Bats?

Mattipoo: complicated...uh, if we're around one and we're in danger, we can talk to it and ask it to get help and stuff.

Evaa: did you see lord of the rings?

Mattipoo: no, why? haha I'm not dorky like you Evalin

Evaa: oh please, it WAS a really good movie! in lord of the rings, Gandalf was on top of this tower and he whispered to a moth to go get help from eagles to rescue him.

Mattipoo: that's interesting, i guess...that's basically the same with us and bats. we get them on our side if we're in danger.

Evaa: that's pretty cool. Now, what else?

I thankfully got eight pages done with Matt's help. He gave me lots of useful information. To both my project, and me personally. It took three long hours, and I was exhausted by the time I was finished, not to mention the sky had grown dark and I hadn't even noticed.

My eyes felt raw and itchy from needing to sleep, but I wanted to wait for Ryan anyway. He had been busy swamped with homework, himself, and then needed to hunt. I was still waiting for him to take me on a hunting trip with him. I lay my droopy body down on the feathery bed and shut my eyes. Ahh...I must have been so tired, i just drifted off to sleep.

When I woke, I let out a startled gasp.

"What?" Ryan, who was suddenly lying right next to me, asked quickly.

"You scared me!" I cry. Ryan chuckles, bringing me into a hug.

"How was your day?"

"Alright. Liah and I had fun."

"Cool...that stupid english essay was so hard."

"What did you do for it?"

"Bigfoot."

"BIGFOOT?!" I start laughing.

"Why bigfoot?" I'm still laughing.

"I knew you'd laugh about it, Eva. I chose it because there's barely any information about it and I can use it as an excuse to have a shorter essay."

"Oh come on, Miss Leon isn't going to let you off the hook just like that."

Ryan looks at me and raises an eyebrow handsomely, "You'd be surprised."

"What does that mean?" Ryan sighs and leans back, flashing me a smile that makes my heartbeat accelerate. "Oh...that's why. You get off the hook because your so attractive."

"Miss Leone lets me do pretty much anything."

"Stop bragging!" I cry. Ryan laughs, slinging his icy arm around my shoulder.

I let my head droop onto his torso tiredly. Surprisingly, he yawns.

"You yawned!" My eyes fly open and stare up at him.

"Yeah, I need that half hour of sleep now."

"Oh my god this is so exciting! You need to sleep!"

Ryan laughs, "Uh, I guess?"

"Well, do you want to go to sleep...here?"

"You'll freeze."

"By now, Ryan, you should know that I honestly don't care."

"Fine, fine. Then yes, I could use some sleep."

"Do you want to borrow a pair of Slane's pajamas?"

"That's fine, I usually just take off my shirt anway." He says. I blush pink, and look down at my lap.

"Okay." I slip under the covers and throw the pillows off the bed.

Before I can blink, a cool body is next to mine. Ryan places a strong arm around my waist, and I shut my eyes peacefully.

"Goodnight." I whisper. I curl my legs up to my chest and snuggle a little closer to Ryan before I let myself fall asleep.

-

I drempt of myself, naked and cold in ice water that stretched out in front of me as far as I could see. I was frozen inbetween frost topped reeds. I felt my chest start to grow colder and cloder, my vision blurring with each second. And then black, my heart frozen and stopped forever.

-

My eyes fluttered open to Ryan, the sunlight streaming through the window and turning his skin an illuminated golden. Beautiful.

"You stayed." I croak in my scratchy morning voice.

"Yep." He looks down at me with a boyish grin.

"You must have been bored to death." I sit up and comb my fingers through my messy hair.

"A bit, but I watched you sleep and had a nice time to think about stuff."

"Gee, thanks for watching me." I roll my eyes.

Ryan chuckles, "You were dreaming a lot."

"I remember." I nod my head.

"You were whispering and whimpering like a dog."

"I only remember one dream, but maybe I had more."

"What was your dream about?" Ryan shifts and puts his arms around me.

"I dunno. Cold water, nakedness and dying."

"That's...interesting." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I don't even know. It's over." Ryan looked down at me with a handsome expression, enouh to make me melt into a pool of mush right then and there. He's so sweet, perfect, funny, amazing...and he's just for me. I love him. I thrust my arms around his neck and reach for his lips with mine.

"Whoa!" He exclaims, holding me back. I turn light pink.

"Sorry...to fast, huh?"

"A little."

"Sorry." I turn away and pretend to fiddle with the blanket so I don't have to be embarassed.

"Oh, Eva. Your so easily humiliated." Ryan chuckles getting up and putting his shirt back on."Well, Eva, I should be getting back home. Finals before Spring Break are coming up, and we could both use some more studying time."

"Who said school got to take time away from us?" I pout in annoyance. Ryan and I were seeing eachother less because of the loads of work.

"Uh, logic."

"I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow, then." I get up and stretch, eyeing the stacks of textbooks piled on my floor. No. "Unless, of course, you were to live up to the promise you made me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.8M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...