Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson

Chapter One.

Emilia Johnson.

That was the name I was known as before I died. I was murdered at 16. I was given a second chance, though.

I was a good girl. I worked hard in school to keep very high grades, I helped others often, and did extra to make sure everything was going smoothly in my life. It all changed, though.

I woke up in a room surrounded by complete darkness. I feel different. My mind is not the same. I still hold memories of Emilia, but think in an entirely different way. The past is all a blur, and if I try to remember, it hurts like hell. Suddenly, lights turned on all around me. I was in a vacant room. The body I controlled was not mine. Emilia had very thin blonde long hair and blue eyes that were very hard to not notice.

I felt different. I felt dull, like the blood in my veins didn't move. I was surrounded by darkness, and footsteps echoed through the hollow air, seeming to come closer. I stood up, covering my naked body. This body was not mine. This raven, silky hair didn't belong to me, and this solid, pale skin was too pristine to be mine. Who was I?

A man emerged from the darkness. His hair was a wild crimson, his eyes dark and surrounded by shadow.

"So odd..." The strange man pondered as he looked at me, "Come with me, Evalin my dear."

I spoke, "My name is not Evalin."

"Yes, it is." He smiled wickedly before we both submerged into darkness.

I am a new person, in a new body and mind. But my memories still remain in my head, covered by a layer of strange mystery. I have been adopted by a strange man who seems to know me, however I was born sixteen and do not know him. My memories of myself as Emilia are dim. I've forgotten many things I used to know. Slane, my adopter, has been good to me and has taught me many things. But I'm still new to this body, and life. Slane told me I was murdered, and that my goal is to find the one who did it to me. And I agree.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been six months, and Slane has decided it's finally time for me to go to school. Great. I thought that was the one thing I could have the ride-away on. He's enrolled me in some fancy private school with uniforms. Everyone there is probably rich and stuck up. Widlow High School (for the rich and stuck up.)

I find my new uniform in my top drawer. Black and white, plain. Slane prefers a gothic style to everything else. Slane has a secret. He is undead. He was killed, like me, but never completley died. He still has a chance to live, but his body doesn't work like a human's. He is frozen in his young body until he dies.

"Evalin, come and eat." Slane shouts from downstairs. He is a pretty good cook, but sloppy. I see thats he's cooked up a vegtable omlette for me.

"Mmm..." i say, sitting down and taking a bite.

"All set for school?" Slane raises an eyebrow.

"Yep."

"Nervous?" Amusement glints in his eyes.

"No." I lie, stuffing more omlette in my mouth.

"Well, I hope you have a good time."

"Sure." I laugh, rolling my eyes. Slane couldn't care less.

"Just trying to sound parental." He retorts, clearing my plate after I finish.

"Bye, Slane." I say as I leave the house.

I walk along the street, following the group of happy kids in front of me. Their skirts are short and their shoes are pink. I'm going to stick out like a sore thumb. With my black hair and pale skin...