Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven. Here it is. 

   The car sped down the dirt road into the forest. Spring break, finally. Liah, Ryan, Matt and I were all heading to Liah and Ryan's cabin in the forest to spend the break together. It was by a lake and suppoedly really fun. And, it was my seventeenth birthday tomorrow. What better place to spend my birthday then with my three closest friends away from the busy world we call home?

 "Are we there yet?" Matt whines from the back seat like a five year old.

"Almost!" Ryan exclaims cheerfully. It's humid out, I'm exhausted and I have too pee. Talk about being uncomfortable.

"How much longer do you think, Ry?" Liah leans her head on her brothers seat.

"About twenty minutes or so."

"Good. Wait 'till you guys see! It's gorgeous there!" Liah says to Matt and I.

"Lakeside cabin in the middle of nowhere? Sounds boring as hell to me." Matt rolls his eyes.

"Stop being so negative. It's really nice, with nice rooms and an awesome jacuzzi. And it's all ours." Liah retorts.

"Jaccuzi?" I ask.

"Yes, you'll love it."

"You guys don't even need to go in the hot tub. Can you even feel the hot water?"

"Course we can, why else would we own a jacuzzi? We can feel it alright, it just doesn't affect us." Liah grins.

"I see..." I stare out the window and the cool scenery passing by.

"It's almost six." Ryan declares.

"Damn, we won't have time to go to the lake tonight. I mean, mosquitos are terrible for Evalin at this time."

"Don't let me ruin your fun time, you guys." I whine in annoyance.

"Your not, Eva. We're looking out for you. And we don't care." Ryan smiles at me.

"If you say so."

"What's with the grump?" Matt huffs at me.

"Speak for yourself." I roll my eyes.

"Now, now. Let's all settle down, children." Ryan jokes. Ryan turned to me to fash me a boyish grin. He's toussles up his hair in a different way than usual. It looks cute, but I liked it better the way it used to be.

"And..here we are!" He exclaimed. 

Ryan pulls his silver Coupe into the driveway in front of the cabin. It's cute, with a nice patio out in the back and a bench under a large willow. We all get out of the car and stare at it silently.

"It's going to be fun, you guys. Just wait until you get inside, it's quite glamorous." Liah says, hoping to raise our spirits. She always wants everything perfect, and if we don't agree, she does all she can to make it so we do. We walk around the front of the cabin. The house has worn shingles and cute windows with flower boxes. It looks homey, the opposite of Ryan and Avalin's lifestyle back home.

"Let's go inside, I'll make some OJ for Evalin." Liah smiles. I groan.

"I honestly don't want you to do extra stuff for me just becuase I need it. I can do it myself, Liah."

"I like doing it! Seriously, it makes me feel more normal, I guess. Just let me do my thing okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Let's go inside then." I yawn, my eyes becoming droopier by the second. My expectations of what the cabin would be like inside completely diminished once we opened the front door. It was even more gorgeous than Ryan and Liah's house. The floors were so clean that they reflected the furniture and everything on top of it. Everything was insanely elegant and clean.