Chapter 14..

The night earlier

She looked beautiful tonight, Gavin felt as if he was even starting to like her. But he couldn't let that get in the way of his family's plan. If it was ever going to work, she had to leave Ryan. She had to hate him. As Evalin smiled at him, Gavin recited in his head the perfect spell he knew to turn her against Ryan. The spell his father had taught him proudly.

Mortal soul, selfish, pernacious...turn the mind to a rotting thing, turn it against the ones it loves and rip their hearts from their chest. Insanity.  

 Present

   My eyes roll back to white, my body jerking forwards and backwards. I feel cold arms firmly steady me, fighting against my furious pushing and kicking.

"LET ME GO! LET ME GO!" I scream at the top of my lungs, pushing against Ryan as hard as I can. He's strong enough to stand straight and not let me push him over. I feel my breathing grow heavy, my head feeling foggy and exhausted. "Let...me...go...Let me...go..." I'm suddenly so exasperated, my bloodied face drooping to Ryan's shoulder. His hand strokes my cheek, his arm wrapping around my waist firmly to support me. I shut my eyes, my chest heaving.

"Calm, Eva. Shh..." He whispers to me, pressing his lips on my temple. My breathing finally slows, sweat trickling down my forehead. "Shh..." His voice fades into nothingness as I pass out. 

  My head feels hot and worn out when I wake up. My eyes are blurred, but they soon adjust and I find myself in Ryan's room. I sit up, my head feeling like a paperweight. It's dark and rainy out, I must have slept all day. I feel as if I'll pass out again, so I rest back against the couch. The rain patters angrily on the roof of the house, and the feeling of cold sweat starts to come over me as I shiver. The door opens, a bit of bright light flooding in. My eyes squint as the tall silhouette of Ryan enters the room. 

"Eva...?" He asks unsurely, afraid that I might snap back at him.

"It's me..." I answer in a raspy, scratchy voice. Ryan sighs, coming to sit next to me. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me against his tense body. I feel incredibley weak, it even hurts to just raise my hand or arm. What happened to me? Ryan's beautiful eyes look down into mine. He's hurt.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." I say, shaking my head as more tears begin to trickle from my bloodshot eyes. "I don't know why I was acting that way." 

"It's alright."

"Please forgive me."

"I forgive you."

"I can't believe I said those things to you. I didn't mean any of it, Ryan. I wasn't in my right mind."

"I know. It's okay."

"I can't...I just..." I cut myself off and cry softly into his chest. His hand rubs the side of my head caringly. I hug him tight, not letting go. Ryan stays quiet and patient, allowing my emotions to flood out for a while.

"What happened to me?" I ask quietly.

"I don't know."

"Thank you for helping me. I need to make it up to you."

"No, you don't." Ryan chuckles lightly.

"Yes. Yes I do. How? How do I make you forgive me?"

"I told you, I already do."

"How do I make it up to you then? I...just let me do something for you. Please? I just want to..." My voice is like a tiny meep, weak and crushed.

"I can think of a way." Ryan leans me back in his arms and kisses me passionately, his cold hand rubbing my leg. My hand sifts through his soft hair, my lips playing back with his. I'm blown away by this kiss, it's so perfect and deep. He presses my frail body down against the couch softly, his mouth more fervent against mine. This must be the longest kiss we've ever shared. My favorite. Ryan kisses the side of my jaw sensually before he sits up with me and breaks the kiss. 

"You need to get more sleep, your weak."

"Stay?"

"Of course." Ryan answers. I smile, kissing him a second time befotre crawling into his bed to sleep.