Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine.

 The afternoon was warm and pleasant, a perfect day. Ryan and I stood outside after school before we went home.

"Here, I want to give you something." Ryan smiles, clasping my hands. 

"What's that?" I ask.

"Just a little something I got for you...you know, since now we're official."

I giggle, "That's nice of you."

"Now close your eyes."

"Alright." I close them, feeling a circular something slip around my wrist.

"Open." He commands cheerfully. I open my eyes and look at my wrist. Curled around it is a beautiful, elegant gold bracelet with simple floral carvings designed on it. 

I gasp, "It's beautiful, Ryan." I admire the gorgeous thing. I will treasure it forever.

"You like it?"

"I love it, Ryan! Thank you." I kiss him sweetly, twice on his cool lips. "I wish I'd gotten you something."

"No, that's okay. I wanted to get you this."

"Well, thank you. It's really something." "So, I don't have loads of homework tonight. For once." Ryan rolls his eyes, "Do you want to hang out?" 

"I...can't. I do have alot of homework, sorry." Crap. Tonights the night I'm going out in the alley, and I can't have Ryan there to stop me.

"Are you kidding? Damn! I hate this school so much! And we still have to go through senior year. Hell, I tell you. Hell." Ryan protests.

I chuckle, "I'm sorry. It's alot to do...and I need to get it done. We can see eachother another night, okay?" I feel bad lying to him...but I have to.

"Do you want me to come by when you go to sleep at least?"

"Uhh, I'm gonna crash early." I feel so bad.

Ryan frowns, "Okay." "I should go." I avoid eye contact.

"U-uh, okay. I'll see you tomorrow, Eva." Ryan stammers unsurely.

"Thank you for this." I hold up my wrist and shake it with a grin.

" 'Course." Ryan gives me a crooked smile.

"See you, boyfriend." 

"Oh, yes. Later, girlfriend." He grins. Hopefully that cheered him up even an ounce. I stick my tounge out at him before I head down the sidewalk home.        This is the sluttiest outfit I could rummage out of my stuff. And I have to say, I did a pretty good job. It's humiliating. If Ryan saw this, well if Ryan saw this he'd like it. Any guy would since it's so revealing and whoreish. But that's perfect. I need to look the part to get into any underground places or anything. I hear a knock on the door.

"Evalin?" Slane walks in unannounced. "Ahhh!" I squeal, jumping out in shock and then cowering in an effort to cover my outfit.

Slane eyes me, then bursts out laughing, "What the hell is that?" He tries to say between laughs.

I glare at him, "I'm going out...it's a...a costume." I lie.

"Oh? What are you? A slut?"

".....yes."

"Nice. Anyway, " He finishes laughing, "How late do you think you'll be out?"

"Uh, a couple hours."

"Please tell me your wearing underwear under that."

I blush, "Slane! Yes!"

He laughs some more, "Alright, Evalin." But Slane suddenly looks serious as he strolls over to me. He puts his arm around my shoulder. He's never done so. He's never even hugged me. "Evalin..." He says seriously, staring into my face, "You know I think of you as my daughter, don't you?" "I...well...now I do." I smile.