Beyond The Murder Of Emilia Johnson chapter 7

So, I uploaded chapter Six and saw the little "who's reading" list. Eeeeep 3 people. c: it made me happy. So I'm uploading this.

- - - -

Chapter Seven

Liah and I strolled along main street after finishing a little bit of shopping. I'd gotten a couple shirts and a necklace. My clothes were beginning to be worn way too often.

"So, you want to get something to eat?" Liah asks.

"Nah, I'm alright. That was fun." I grin.

"Yes it was! No offense, but you seriosuly needed a few new clothes." Liah laughed.

"None taken, I agree."

"You want a manni and petti?"

"Sure!" Liah and I walk into the salon. We are greeted by a woman who shows us to our luxurious chairs. I've never gotten a true manni and petti, I've only done it myself, so this was a treat. I was also in desperate need of some girl time since Ryan and I had been hanging out so much.

"Jeez, this must be so expensive." I ponder, scanning the salon around me.

"I'm paying." Liah smiles widely.

"No, I'm paying for mine." I say firmly. Liah thought I was some kind of poor kid. Well, compared to her, I was. She and Ryan had to be the richest people around here.

"I'm paying." Liah repeated without hesitation. A woman approaches and smiles, asking what colors we want for our manicures first. We tell her, and then she gets to work trading off each of our manicures. The red and black nail polish containers sat next to both of us as she would paint my first coat, then Liah's. It was nice how the nail polish matched our hair. At least in my opinion it was.

"So, Ryan told me about his birthday." Liah raises an amused eyebrow.

"Oh, that super duper cool birthday..." I'm blushing for some reason.

"That's romantic of you." Liah says purposely to playfully embarass me.

"Ugh...not really." I deny.

"Oh come on. Your crazy about him."

My cheeks turn the color of Liah's wild hair.

"So?" I say defensively.

Liah laughs, "Relax, Evalin. I'm just messing around with you."

"Well...I am crazy about him." i mumble.

"Awwww!" Liah erupts, and the manicurist glares up at her.

"Shhh!" I snicker.

"It was hard to keep my mouth shut when he told me he loved you."

"He told you?"

"Sure did. It was the sweetest thing I'd ever heard."

"You two must be really close."

"Yeah, I guess we are. Did you have a sibling as Emilia?"

"I...can't remember." I admit drily.

"Oh." We remain silent for a while as the stench of nailpolish fills the room.

"Pink butterlies?" The woman asks me unsurely. Where did she get that idea from? Who the hell would put pink butterflies on your nails? Maybe that would suit a little girl. It would make more sense.

"Um, no. French tips, please."

"Yes, yes." Then to my hope, she left.

"Anyway, I'm so happy Spring Break is coming up." I resumed the conversation, annoyed with the woman.